Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,128 comments
There are more and more old DTM cars released and personally, I start to get confused with them. It’s needed to summarize it somehow, I think.
Which of the available now cars is BoP'ed to 3 Kunos cars? And which ones - BoP'ed to each other?

This is the second time I've quoted this post today but this is for a different reason. I've never tried this track before today but I'm familiar with the layout of the F1 Detroit grand prix there and both this and the other version (not rainmaker's 1988 one) use a layout loosely based on the F1 one. They also both have a lot more detail than one would expect a mod track from 2014 to have so I'm guessing this was a conversion from another game. Does anyone know what game these Detroit Street Circuit tracks are originally from?

Does anyone know of an improved AI for Mid Ohio? The Terra21 version, well the nagp version. They are annoyingly bad at a few sections and are also afraid of the kerbing despite it being glass smooth on many corners. I might have to have look into trying making my own AI improvements, I just have little free time for this making stuff for the time being. I will share if I manage to come up with anything usable.

Haha, I had a feeling you might have taken out all SD niggles but I gotta agree with @Sylana82 about the front end looking wrong. Those headlights look way too big. Might just be odd camera angle but i'm not so sure lol
Ya, the front is wrong but it was all we had. I have all the Fox Body Mustangs the interwebs had for me to take after scouring pretty thoroughly.
Now Tommy's is the only different. Looks like he redid the front bumper and made a race interior but it looks like the rest of the body is the street model as was pretty much the '91. By '94 it had the flares and spoiler. Changed front too. Loving the DTM.

Here it is - the 2019 VASC Ford Mustang skinpack, original skins by AKR Racing, edited by myself to match the real 2019 Mustang liveries as of the first round at Adelaide.

*Bonus livery from the #66 wildcard entry of Thomas Randle from round 10 at The Bend also included.

Skinpack Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8slohnyo4ipjbqf/VASC_2019_Mustangs.7z/file

Car link: https://mega.nz/file/q0llWaJT#JNy4hsahJkP39lr-NwDQODhaw6XL_mPjCCO3FJzlAuUView attachment 925706

__custom_showroom_1590898191.jpg

Last edited:
This is the second time I've quoted this post today but this is for a different reason. I've never tried this track before today but I'm familiar with the layout of the F1 Detroit grand prix there and both this and the other version (not rainmaker's 1988 one) use a layout loosely based on the F1 one. They also both have a lot more detail than one would expect a mod track from 2014 to have so I'm guessing this was a conversion from another game. Does anyone know what game these Detroit Street Circuit tracks are originally from?

It's from Race Driver GRID, and some parts of it are definitely based on the Detroit F1 track (though not an exact copy because licensing issues I imagine):

I made a post few months ago (already 500 pages back :lol:) listing which GRID tracks we have converted in AC:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-771#post-13002503

Also just to make matters more confusing, there is another street circuit in Detroit used in Indycar which has a completely different layout. It's more commonly called Belle Isle though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Grand_Prix_(IndyCar)

Hope that clears things up 👍

There are more and more old DTM cars released and personally, I start to get confused with them. It’s needed to summarize it somehow, I think.
Which of the available now cars is BoP'ed to 3 Kunos cars? And which ones - BoP'ed to each other?
Actually this is project I'm working on now. Getting those cars into some sort of order. Loosely speaking we have 3 periods of group a racing and also assetto cars. The early 80s,the mid to late 80s and late 80s to early 90s (to 92 exactly). And all those should and usually are balanced within the group. There are 2 problems here. 1. some cars, like bmw 635 or e30 for example were used for 7,8 years, so throughout 2 periods and 2. up to year 1990 (again loosely as it's different in different competitions) they had clasess of those cars according to power of the car, that ran together but were not competing against each other. And so we need to have different versions of cars, to be BOPed to one period or/and class and the other to the other period or class.

I am working on putting together a comprehensive list of cars available for each period with BOPs for them and competitions (with skins) for when they ran together. I do not develop or edit the cars, as this is not something I know how to do very well (did try), but a collector work, similar to what I did for gto 89 season, but this time we will have quite a few of the fields. It's a little challenging and time consuming as said before some cars ran in different periods in some competitions and in different in the other, same with classes. But I'm coming along nicely and will post it here to help with sorting the vast amonunt of cars from this excellent period of racing.

I'm not doing every possible season, but a selected best available (or two, or combination of two seasons) one from each subperiod for each of the mayor competition in the world at that time - DTM (DRM), BTCC (BSCC), ATCC, ETCC and WTCC.

Last edited:
I had this one and the Legion one, they are both different eras but it appears the layout is the same so I'll add this to my to-do list.

Thanks! I'll be adding this too.

And another!
Just to be clear, as I’m not at my PC right now to confirm. Are we talking about the Belle Isle track, or the ‘downtown’ Detroit GP track last used for F1 in 1988? Both are ‘Detroit street tracks.’ Both are ‘Detroit GP’ tracks as the CART/Indycar race is also called Detroit GP, which is adding to my confusion here.:lol:

I just ran a few AC Legends races on Serio's F3 Classic Tracks. I bought all his tracks a few months ago. I almost didn't because his avenhisto on RD is soooo bad. But his other tracks are so bloody good. Just a random whoohooo after some fun races.

His zandvoort is a real master piece and the best work on his tracks, the price is not high for a such quality pack

Need to get this out there as it was sitting on my drive with the windmills half working. Fixed them up. Probably the last work I will do on this track:

Zolder
by AC Track Reboot Project

Optimised and slightly refreshed by nrms

v1.4a hotfix

-broken normals on Pirelli board fixed
-also fixed a couple of holes that appeared

v1.4

-more general optimisation
-working windmills
-flags shader corrected
-various small fixes

Have a nice weekend! :cheers:

Thanks for this upgrade of Zolder. Good job! Now it looks like I really drive/race at the track (which I've done in real life). So realistic!!

Only thing I noticed and not sure it has to do with the track or the cars? When there are tyre marks on the tarmac the shadow on the rear of the car reflects 'strange'. It seems that these tyre textures remain visible despite there is shadow. It pops through the shadow. Hope you understand what I mean?! Maybe one example is better then my sprawl of words ;) See e.g. @0:12 or 0:59

Th
I have not driven the Radical at night, but for some cars it helps when you remove the "single seater" tag. Unless I'm mistaken (not at my rig atm) the Radical has this tag added.
I have not driven the Radical at night, but for some cars it helps when you remove the "single seater" tag. Unless I'm mistaken (not at my rig atm) the Radical has this tag added.
Thanks Fanapryde, that fixed it.

Thanks for this upgrade of Zolder. Good job! Now it looks like I really drive/race at the track (which I've done in real life). So realistic!!

Only thing I noticed and not sure it has to do with the track or the cars? When there are tyre marks on the tarmac the shadow on the rear of the car reflects 'strange'. It seems that these tyre textures remain visible despite there is shadow. It pops through the shadow. Hope you understand what I mean?! Maybe one example is better then my sprawl of words ;) See e.g. @0:12 or 0:59

I've seen that a lot on a few tracks, the strange lighting on skid marks. I wonder what causes that.

Hot fix for Zolder, fixed broken Pirelli board that I completely forgot about! Post updated, sorry guys :embarrassed:
Your Zolder updates look fantastic and with Mascot's skin. Wow. I've noticed a weird thing though tonight on the track. At certain spots on the track, the cars are throwing out a ton of white smoke and seem to be doing a Matrix movie type of slow motion. Has anyone else reported that to you?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back