Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,752 comments
Thank you so much.. but I'm not able to work with 3D models :banghead:
618/5000
What? Not?
Neither do I! That's why you don't ask for a mod in the 2nd post again !!!
Stop asking about any mods! Use google or whatever! In this thread, modders talk about their work, which is very time-consuming and requires more brainpower than probably all "new customers" of the forum together have! I'm not a modder either, but I can learn a lot here.
Even if I repeat myself: stop, with the gimme, gimme! Read the news, learn and enjoy the things they develop for all of us!
Sorry, but I had to get rid of that!

Please let me know about existent/new bugs.

Thanks very much for sorting the flipped billboards. Since you asked for bug reports... do you think you might be able to remap them further so that the Mobil logo isn't squashed? Compare the ones by the track to the correct ones in the background.

Screenshot_porsche_4s_cabriolet_hockenheim_2001_6-8-120-9-32-11.jpg

There's a mapping error at the first chicane too - the big red 'Vodafone' logo is stretched and clipped

Screenshot_porsche_992_carreras_hockenheim_2001_6-8-120-11-58-35.jpg

(compare it to the chicane just before the stadium where the mapping is correct)

Screenshot_porsche_992_carreras_hockenheim_2001_6-8-120-12-0-31.jpg

There's also some flipped/squashed logo mapping in the stadium itself.

Screenshot_porsche_992_carreras_hockenheim_2001_6-8-120-12-1-39.jpg

You did ask..! ;)

618/5000
What? Not?
Neither do I! That's why you don't ask for a mod in the 2nd post again !!!
Stop asking about any mods! Use google or whatever! In this thread, modders talk about their work, which is very time-consuming and requires more brainpower than probably all "new customers" of the forum together have! I'm not a modder either, but I can learn a lot here.
Even if I repeat myself: stop, with the gimme, gimme! Read the news, learn and enjoy the things they develop for all of us!
Sorry, but I had to get rid of that!

There is a new sheriff in town.

If this thread is for modders to talk about their work, maybe we need another thread for us non-modder-maggots where we can talk our nonsense and even ask for links and stuff without harassing the modders?

I have all the respect in the world for modders but I'm getting tired of this BS in this thread. Lately it seems it's becoming unreadable with all this toxic BS. New people come here and as they do not know better, they as for mods they haven't been able to find. Many have used the Google I guess. Instead of even remotely polite answers or just neglect, they get **** rubbed in their face. Inclusive and helpful community my ass... (Ofcourse we have many genuine and nice people here still, you know who you are...)

BWOAH!!

On the topic of car models in PC3, this Porsche Carrera GT Racing would make a perfect addition to the GT1 roster for AC if it was properly balanced with the RSS GT1 pack.

View attachment 946936

Just a little "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" for anyone looking for a new project to work on.

Tried to make it some time ago - cobbled it together with some parts from the 918 RSR / 911 GT3 RSR. It's absolute pish.

Y5SmMP0.png

Tried to make it some time ago - cobbled it together with some parts from the 918 RSR / 911 GT3 RSR. It's absolute pish.

Y5SmMP0.png
Well you should know that it will have a different interior as well, so we might have to wait for the game to be released to see how it looks like since so far we only have gameplays of the GR Supra Racing on YouTube.

are you able to change the interior with a 992 one ? this has the 991.2 interior

Here you go. A driveable sub-350k tri version of the Kray-killing 911 4S Cab above.
Some minor cockpit detail has been lost but if you drink a lot of whisky and wear dark sunglasses it's hardly noticeable.

View attachment 946976 View attachment 946977

(Warning: this will overwrite the original car but the original files are in the car folder too. Just add back the original kn5s and data folder. Or just install the original car again if you own a supercomputer)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qjfz82twvnflqik/file

(edit: just to avoid potential confusion, this has been done as a joke)

My new and first skin for this game. its not the greatest, but its something.
This is for the Ford Doran JE4 Mod which can be found right here.
⬇⬇⬇⬇
https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/ford.html

View attachment 947037
View attachment 947038

Download Link:

Hope you guys enjoy.

Excellent work! Thanks very much for sharing... I was looking at trying to make skins for this car, and the later Ford Riley DPi... but realized very quickly my skills weren't up to the task. Yours are - and Thanks again!

Yes agree. Modding bring variety and more importantly full fields of classes. I don't get the logic behind these new sims that offer 100 cars, but no more than 2 from the same class, if that. What good is a single gt4 car or 2 gte cars? You can hotlap, but that gets tired after a few months, if not weeks. And people know this. I'm currently all in on Michelin pilot challenge gt4s. Cause we have all the cars, all the liveries and all the tracks. And this makes it a 100x more immersive. And when you get bored, you go to another class, and there is no end. If there is no new mod released for AC, I have content available to keep me busy for years. And people know this and appreciate this.

They released a full content roster for PC3. If we put aside sim reality and concentrate on the content, 1 gt4 car, 2 gtes, a few more Prototypes, but then no LeMans and no Spa. WTF? What is going to keep people playing this for more than a few months? But maybe that's the goal. Nobody is making money off AC anymore, maybe a few developers, but this is nothing to write home about. So I don't believe we will ever see another open sim like AC in the future. It's not economically logical from the developers view. AC is still hurting sales of ACC and I highly doubt Kunos like it very much how popular AC still is.

Don't you think Kunos could still be making money from AC if they were offering new dlc? I'd be happy to spend money on official dlc. It was their choice to abandon AC when they thought a) it'd gone about as far as they could take it, and b) they could entice all the AC fans over to ACC, Wrong.

Tracks folder:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/drn2rpx8h1tvo

Mid-Ohio v2.0 - No change

Algarve v2.0 - New update
Reduced count of main objects from 2310 -> 1465
Made new tarmac patches a bit lighter.
Made the grass and the horizons a bit browner
Deleted double meshes of fence poles
I hope the track is a bit easier on your system now.

Auto24ring v1.8 - Updated
New cams by DaBAeda (thanks!)
Corrections of pit objects by unpierrot (thanks!)
Improved textures by Masscot implemented (thanks!)
Added water fx and added ground plane.
Reduced count of objects from 5531 to 1240 !!

Love your Mid-Ohio! The lack of the Grand Canyon-sized dip at the Carousel may not be realistic, but your tweaks have made the track so much more race-able. The old ver was bumpy enough to loosen your teeth if you were driving almost anything under 1000 kilos or any open-wheel car. I posted a new Mid-O setup for the C8.R Vette over on RD.

Tracks folder:

Now its perfect, thanks :)

Mount Panorama Bathurst Alpha 3 (rf2 to AC)

What do you show in your video, a car or a track? In the most necessary places on the track, I see the car interior, but not the track! Have you watched the video before posting it with that title?

Love your Mid-Ohio! The lack of the Grand Canyon-sized dip at the Carousel may not be realistic, but your tweaks have made the track so much more race-able. The old ver was bumpy enough to loosen your teeth if you were driving almost anything under 1000 kilos or any open-wheel car. I posted a new Mid-O setup for the C8.R Vette over on RD.
I did see the C8 setup over at RD, and since your enjoying the new version of the track (which is fantastic btw) do you fancy a go with the RSS3 V6? I'm struggling to keep the car under me as I come over the crests and accelerate.

Yes the RPM stuff is because gte cars must have a rev limit I think at 7500 rpm unlike the gt3 cars that don't have this limitation. This Mazda was obviously a conversion from Vision gt3 car and the developer just lowered the rpm, but it didn't change the other stuff that comes with this limitation, that make the car drive faster than the gt3s at that rpm. That is why this was made I guess. Also it is why IRL (and also in sim racing) GTEs are not that much faster than GT3s, cause they should be, as they are far more advanced technically, but this limitation slows them down quite a bit..
The rev limiter is just a function of BoP. They can raise it or lower it to whatever they want to even out the cars. It's not a set number. At least for IMSA.
From an article in Dec 2019:
"SETTING THE BOP
After thorough analysis, meetings and presentations, the ITC meets a final time to establish the BoP for the next event. BoP tables are published no later than seven days prior to the first day of official on-track activity for each event.
Common BoP changes include adding or removing mass, changing the size of the air restrictor for normally aspirated engines or boost pressures for turbocharged engines, or changing maximum RPMs. In the DPi class, BoP changes also may be made to a model’s aerodynamic configuration.
Fuel capacity is another tightly controlled variable through BoP to ensure similar stint lengths for each car in a class. In addition, fuel flow restrictors and autonomous pit lane fuel take sensors are used to measure refueling times and ensure that each class’ minimum full-tank refueling time regulation is not violated."

And really all in all that's exactly what we're doing here for this fictional car. Setting the rev limiter so that it's performance matches that of its peers. You don't have to do this but if you do, the car now has a chance of running within the top 5.

Tracks folder:

Thank you for your updates @Zwiss and all work great. Just a very minor thing I noticed with Algarve. The UI file still shows version 1.8 where you
you say above it is supposed to be version 2.0. take care.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Another one?
yeshaha.001.gif

1998 Neoplan Centroliner N4426 - - - by Bruce Kelt
Specs: Turocharged Diesel With 5-Speed Automatic..
BHP: 309
NM : 1250
Encryption (None)
CSP latest version is required.!! This will include Dash Animation, And More Lighting Features and Doors Open Command.
Credits:
3D Shell: Omsi 2 mod. (Prob GX7767)
3D Work: GX7767
Physics: Dmitrii A. x4fab (Orion VII NG)
Sounds : Ditto from Volvo Racing Trucks...
Pictures : Myself..
Few Skins Are Included.
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!`
Any issues found please report directly to name's mentioned above.
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...
Download Link: https://mega.nz/file/zkhGQI5K#MN3HPaHXMFX_9z6_Gok4LX82Yp4dFu1dncD1FCFd-6M
116878827_3250965374962084_5253133137692514244_o.jpg

Excellent work! Thanks very much for sharing... I was looking at trying to make skins for this car, and the later Ford Riley DPi... but realized very quickly my skills weren't up to the task. Yours are - and Thanks again!

Is there the Ford Riley for Assetto Corsa? It never made a good mod for the Rolex Grand Am Series. The 2004 season was spectacular.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back