Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,800 comments
suits.jpg

i started with adding the first suits and cars to all my skins
Screenshot_oreca_07_spa_21-7-120-0-11-35.jpg

and all skins in this update now have an AO layer.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/european-le-mans-series-2020-skinpack.34680/updates

I realise this is not a modding question exactly but I feel confident someone here will be able to help. I recently had to rebuild my AC settings from scratch, and I have restored them more or less to where they should be, but today I noticed that as AI cars approach from behind and overtake me (yes I know that shouldn't be happening but I slow down to let 'em :)) there are artifacts in the form of small solid coloured triangles that appear and rotate around the screen until the other car is far enough ahead and then the triangle disappears. It's most distracting and I would love to get rid of it.
I'm running Sol on a single screen.

I realise this is not a modding question exactly but I feel confident someone here will be able to help. I recently had to rebuild my AC settings from scratch, and I have restored them more or less to where they should be, but today I noticed that as AI cars approach from behind and overtake me (yes I know that shouldn't be happening but I slow down to let 'em :)) there are artifacts in the form of small solid coloured triangles that appear and rotate around the screen until the other car is far enough ahead and then the triangle disappears. It's most distracting and I would love to get rid of it.
I'm running Sol on a single screen.
These are proximity indicators. You can disable them.

That's strange. I'm running Rift S with same as you with no problems to date.

Thank you for your information @Ken134
Believe it or not, I have a 2nd Rift S I can try, the original Rift CV1, and an Odyssey + I can try. LOL
Havent switched to them yet.

What is weird now with the GT4 cars with current Rift S, by switching to another filter in CM settings, I got each car to come up in PRACTICE mode with no problems now. When I go to RACE mode, I can bring up 1 AI car and mine, Soon as I go to 2 AI cars or higher and mine I get the black screen. Weird isnt it.

Still trying things. take care.

Is anyone noticing the grass in game is now looking like reflective waterFx?

EDIT: nevermind. Found it was a bad config auto downloaded from CM. @norms I think it might have been a config from you. Could you check your config for reboot.team's daytona if you were the author? Thanks bruddah.
Hi @Teddie sorry for the delay. As far as I'm aware, there is no rt_daytona config online for CM to download so I am not really sure what happened to your config. It appears you are the only one who has reported that problem I think? So not really sure what happened to your config but I am pleased you have sorted it out now though. V1.1 is pretty close to release with a new and very impressive config, hopefully not too long to wait :)

No, it's a Renault 5 Turbo Maxi. For some reason they drive around like there's a tennis ball stuck under the accelerator.
Look at the RPM Limit in engine.ini and then in ai.ini change the upshift to a couple hundred RPMs below the limit. When the upshift is too low the AI reach nowhere near their potential. Also if STEER_GAIN is too high, that's what makes them dart around and look like they've took a massive toke of meth. Each car really needs to have it's own AI done, you can't just adapt another cars AI unless they are really similar. Each car has it's own steer ratios and behavior.

Hey guys, many years ago @dathyr built a track called Meadowdale for NASCAR Racing 2003, a really cool road course with banked turns and huge elevation changes, and eventually a modder known as philrob converted it to rFactor. Well, I wanted it in AC so I went ahead and converted it and did a bunch of rework to it. I got permission from @dathyr and philrob to release it, so you can grab it here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/meadowdale-raceways.35502/

Thanks to @dathyr, philrob, and @Teddie!

Enjoy!

1598032113043.png

1598032149171.png

1598032205172.png

I have given up on these cars. I have tried 4 of these cars now and with my Oculus Rift S VR headset, I get a black screen when I try to run any of these cars. I can hear the cars engine in the background, but Wont kick me to view the car in the pits with VR. I have had no problems with any other Car mods with VR.

I use Content Manager and have the latest SOL and CSP. I use no other extensions.

Sure, they work with single screen, but I use VR. Anybody else having problems with the cars and with VR?
I am putting these cars aside for now, maybe next version might work for me.

No problem in VR

Since the VW Corrado is a cult car for me and many more people, I've improved this and that. Early version WiP because a lot of work still needs to be done.

View media item 67085
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed tyres size
-Changed brakes settings
-Changed tyres settings
-Changed gearshifts time
-Changed engine rpm's
-Revised tyre shaders
-Revised car shaders,added AO in body
-Add more light in dashboard
-Repaired mirrors
-Repaired FuelTank position
-Repaired Collider
-Changed 3d tyres
-Large rear spoiler removed
-and many more........
It would be nice if someone prepared him for the rain :cheers::gtpflag:

vw_corrado_vr6.rar - 36.1 MB

Speaking of rain, is there any way using config files (or anything) to have rain-spec cars without creating another vehicle folder?

By rain-spec, I mean tire skins/physics since that is all that would need to change.

Hi @Teddie sorry for the delay. As far as I'm aware, there is no rt_daytona config online for CM to download so I am not really sure what happened to your config. It appears you are the only one who has reported that problem I think? So not really sure what happened to your config but I am pleased you have sorted it out now though. V1.1 is pretty close to release with a new and very impressive config, hopefully not too long to wait :)

Yeah, it's probably something local to my machine. Thanks for replying! Bro hugs!

Teddie - I found about 65 cars to race on 1/4 of a mile, all of them on balloon wheels, when I find the time on Sundays I will throw here.

I have given up on these cars. I have tried 4 of these cars now and with my Oculus Rift S VR headset, I get a black screen when I try to run any of these cars. I can hear the cars engine in the background, but Wont kick me to view the car in the pits with VR. I have had no problems with any other Car mods with VR.

I use Content Manager and have the latest SOL and CSP. I use no other extensions.

Sure, they work with single screen, but I use VR. Anybody else having problems with the cars and with VR?
I am putting these cars aside for now, maybe next version might work for me.
I'm on a single screen and only get about half the cars to load, black screen on others. I briefly looked at the folders and noticed some of the skins were huge file sizes, I think 1 skin .dds was a couple hundred mb. Not at pc so don't know exact just going off memory. Haven't investigated further yet

Is there better version of Bathurst Historic 60-70, please do not say Gilles has one, I tried to buy it, twice, and it went very south, now he refuses to sell it to me ;).

however, Even from the video I can tell its not a good track, hoping there is a better one around?

Is there better version of Bathurst Historic 60-70, please do not say Gilles has one, I tried to buy it, twice, and it went very south, now he refuses to sell it to me ;).

however, Even from the video I can tell its not a good track, hoping there is a better one around?

Yeah, the one from Gilles is really bad. I binned it a few months back after trying to fix it. Just not worth the time for that one.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back