Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,785 comments
It would be interesting for me to know if this appears to someone else, thanks for your answer

Same crash on my side. I'm able to launch regular showroom but CM showroom crash. Nevertheless, at regular showroom exit, CM complains and show me an error log.
I'm able to launch a track day with 10 opponents without issue.

Will try to see If logs gives some clue about the root cause.

edit: I'm unable to open car kn5 file in 3dsimEd neither.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm wondering what to make next and I tought it's a good idea to post a poll here as there's a lot of people around. The list is long and I'm not sure what people would like to see next, so if there's a car on that list you'd like to see as a higher quality mod than what's avaliable now then just vote for it!
https://www.strawpoll.me/20868380

Can you just make all the cars on there except the Solstice ;)

IT's a MOMO Design MD2164SS-10 watch :crazy:

Nope.;)

Nice,classic and not exaggerated first generation of MX-5

View media item 67564
eb_mazda_miata_koala.rar - 72.4 MB

This overwrite one I have. Is it possible?
Don't want to delete mine without knowing what was updated. Would you be able to list it, please?

thank you very much ☺️! I will keep looking, but it was like an excel file in a cloud. that had many links. maybe I'll reread the forum![/QUOTE]

SharpFlippantAmmonite-max-1mb.gif

Would love to see this model with these wheels. Also the spec Harry has is so good looking! I mean the one he owns of course

Yeah I agree, Harry's car looks so good. And those wheels look so much better than the mod's wheels.

I'll be happy just to have a properly good Project 8 in AC

Last edited:
I'm going to sound really stupid here asking this question but also hello :gtpflag: (not new here just a hello message).

What is the best 1966 Spa that has been released? I'm just wondering if there is any good 1966 spa that is released, I do have one but I'm not sure if it's currently the best one out there. (not private nor paid of course)

Many thanks to anyone in the :gtplanet: community

I'm going to sound really stupid here asking this question but also hello :gtpflag: (not new here just a hello message).

What is the best 1966 Spa that has been released? I'm just wondering if there is any good 1966 spa that is released, I do have one but I'm not sure if it's currently the best one out there. (not private nor paid of course)

Many thanks to anyone in the :gtplanet: community

I'm pretty sure the best is the old Reboot 66 Spa - with the updated AI from Jody Parks.

I've put way, way too many laps into that track... it's addictive :)

Using VR with a motion sim like D-BOX is surreal, and that is the biggest difference in home simulator vs commercial simulator. however dbox isn't too out of reach.
I built myself a motion rig a few years ago, the step might not be as big as wearing an hmd but it's huge as well and surely adds a lot to the simulation.

you can clearly feel the difference once you turn it off: you feel that something is missing, the body and the brain feel it.

A well set up motion rig, especially in fast movements, really tricks the brain in believing what you're seeing is what you are 'living'
As per the VR, you can't describe it to someone, they have to test it themselves.
But really... don't do it, because once you've tested it, you might want to have a motion rig too... and it can be a not so cheap path to follow (damn you AC!!)

for those who might want to know more about DIY motion simulation, you can take a look at xsimulator.net, I didn't know a thing about motors, controllers, electronics, etc, and I've been able to build myself a motion rig.

Maybe this post is OT but could help someone in pursuing/improving his/her driving simulation experience

cheers

I'm pretty sure the best is the old Reboot 66 Spa - with the updated AI from Jody Parks.

I've put way, way too many laps into that track... it's addictive :)

I agree, it's great and the best 60s Spa available at the moment. Sergio Loro is alleged to be working on a mid-60s Spa which will probably be amazing judging by his Zandvoort. But I don't know how near to completion it is.

Ok so just messing about but I made a naked carbon skin for the Jaguar Project 8 and had a go at fixing the crappy carbon texture on the spoiler etc.

Gonna have a proper crack at making higher res logos etc when i have more time. But it turned out ok for a quick 5 minute job

3b2P3bU.png

Also the mirrors have the green/blue MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png thing still attached. Can't remember how to fix that so grateful if someone can point me in the right direction

Last edited:
Hi, I'm wondering what to make next and I tought it's a good idea to post a poll here as there's a lot of people around. The list is long and I'm not sure what people would like to see next, so if there's a car on that list you'd like to see as a higher quality mod than what's avaliable now then just vote for it!
https://www.strawpoll.me/20868380
I am desperate for a non-drift, non-race version of the sky or solstice. Have I missed one already out there in the wild?

Ok so just messing about but I made a naked carbon skin for the Jaguar Project 8 and had a go at fixing the crappy carbon texture on the spoiler etc.

Gonna have a proper crack at making higher res logos etc when i have more time. But it turned out ok for a quick 5 minute job

3b2P3bU.png

Also the mirrors have the green/blue MIRROR_PLACEMENT.png thing still attached. Can't remember how to fix that so grateful if someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks for the help, the logo's could really use an update indeed!

You guys have made a great car !!!

View media item 67570
-Remove antenna
-Remove co-driver
-Changed sound on one where you can hear a mechanical compressor
-Added Orange Skin
-Updated Shaders

All credits go to the original creators Rallyworld and Assettoland (for removing the lighhtbar) RMi_wood,Opperslang and me

rw_jaguarxe_project8.rar - 46.5 MB

Hi Jakub, thanks for your work but someone else had already done those things you did but also with added plates for an updated release soon. Is it OK if I just use the sound you added?

Plate etc update pic; thanks a lot to Adriaan on facebook for this update! We plan on changing wheels and upgrading interiour etcetera
upload_2020-9-1_20-23-18.jpeg

Also just wanted to say how awesome this community is! Yesterday I wanted this mod to be better and not even 24 hours later with the help of some people we've already came quite far. Crazy

Hey...can anyone tell me why on some tracks I’m getting a reflection of the sky where the grass should be? Grass fx on and csp 1.61. Cheers

Check your track folder if there is a folder called "extension" and a file called ext_config.ini in there and also if you have an *.ini somewhere of the same track in the folders extension\config\tracks or extension\config\tracks\loaded which corresponds badly with the ext_config.ini file. If not, try to update the config file manually again with CM. Most of the time it is just a bad or old config file which needs to be updated.

You guys have made a great car !!!

View media item 67570
-Remove antenna
-Remove co-driver
-Changed sound on one where you can hear a mechanical compressor
-Added Orange Skin
-Updated Shaders

All credits go to the original creators Rallyworld and Assettoland (for removing the lighhtbar) RMi_wood,Opperslang and me

rw_jaguarxe_project8.rar - 46.5 MB

The car drives incredible, thanks for the work.

I agree, it's great and the best 60s Spa available at the moment. Sergio Loro is alleged to be working on a mid-60s Spa which will probably be amazing judging by his Zandvoort. But I don't know how near to completion it is.

Sergio Loro historic Spa... talk about instant purchase! Yes, as far as modern tracks go, the present day Spa is nice... but every time I remember what it used to be like I get all teary-eyed... ! Here's hoping the rumours are true!

Same crash on my side. I'm able to launch regular showroom but CM showroom crash. Nevertheless, at regular showroom exit, CM complains and show me an error log.
I'm able to launch a track day with 10 opponents without issue.

Will try to see If logs gives some clue about the root cause.

edit: I'm unable to open car kn5 file in 3dsimEd neither.

Hi,
as i'm pretty sure it's just an upload problem (i have tried several times from the original folder and could not reproduce the problem), here is a link for the chevrolet 235. I hope this one is functional.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dcytpo8i80k3gbn/chevrolet_belair_1957_sport_coupe_235.7z/file
Sorry for the inconvenience
Mike

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back