Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
Thanks for the work done but I let you know the 5th gear is wrong, if you engage it the revs go to the max like crazy.

open data/drivetrain.ini go to the line
GEAR_5= and verify the value GEAR_5=0.861
cheers

PS: if you have not data folder but only data.acd dont forget to create it with [alt]+j
OOPS! i just saw the video lol, sneaky...

Last edited:
Using VR with a motion sim like D-BOX is surreal, and that is the biggest difference in home simulator vs commercial simulator. however dbox isn't too out of reach.

I use the Pagnian v2 motion and the Traction Plus with VR. Awesome but not to expensive either for the experience if your really into sim racing.

Little bit of a specific question, but has anyone ever ported the GT40 Mark IV from Gran Turismo Sport? I see people ripping JDM cars from that game all the time, but no one seems to notice that gem. Pretty sure its the only laser scanned model of that car in any game. Would much rather see that available to the public so people don't have to buy AssettoDrive's Project Cars 2 Mark IV that looks like it was modeled from a kit car.

It is available in the AC Legends Mod pack. I do not know if it is a Gt sport rip or no.

You guys have made a great car !!!

View media item 67570
-Remove antenna
-Remove co-driver
-Changed sound on one where you can hear a mechanical compressor
-Added Orange Skin
-Updated Shaders

All credits go to the original creators Rallyworld and Assettoland (for removing the lighhtbar) RMi_wood,Opperslang and me

rw_jaguarxe_project8.rar - 46.5 MB

Btw those interiour shaders look great, you've removed a lot of the fakeness of the textures. Awesome

You guys have made a great car !!!

View media item 67570
-Remove antenna
-Remove co-driver
-Changed sound on one where you can hear a mechanical compressor
-Added Orange Skin
-Updated Shaders

All credits go to the original creators Rallyworld and Assettoland (for removing the lighhtbar) RMi_wood,Opperslang and me

rw_jaguarxe_project8.rar - 46.5 MB

Thanks for the help, the logo's could really use an update indeed!

Also just wanted to say how awesome this community is! Yesterday I wanted this mod to be better and not even 24 hours later with the help of some people we've already came quite far. Crazy
Team work makes the dream work.

teamwork.gif

@RMi_wood @JakubP @Opperslang :bowdown::bowdown::cheers:

I usually open kn5 files with kn5conv.exe
I can open kn5 with kn5conv also without issue.

Here is kn5 file checksum (but I think you'll have exactly the same value)

Algorithm Hash
--------- ----
SHA256 262CF8D45BF0AA7BD66B923BD2E2E1739C65B20A3D1D79480C0919EB4996BE00

edit : fbx from kn5conv doesn't open correctly in ksEditor. No error but scene_root is almost empty (except MODEL and FBX name)
Using kn5conv doesn't create .mtl , .obj files. Only .fbx and .fbx.ini
Same test with chevy_belair_1957_nostalgia_V8.kn5 is totally fine (all files created correctly and opened successfully in kseditor).

Last edited:
open data/drivetrain.ini go to the line
GEAR_5= and verify the value GEAR_5=0.861
cheers

PS: if you have not data folder but only data.acd dont forget to create it with [alt]+j
OOPS! i just saw the video lol, sneaky...

Yes it's the first thing I did. The value in drivetrain.ini is GEAR_5=0.861, so in order to get a "normal" gearbox what value should I put? Only out of curiosity

Hi guys. Is there an option in CSP for dirt to build up on the car body as the race progresses? I don't know if I dreamed it but I thought I saw it a while ago. Sometimes CSP gets updated and I lose settings. In the same way that the trees no longer move because of the wind.

Yes it's the first thing I did. The value in drivetrain.ini is GEAR_5=0.861, so in order to get a "normal" gearbox what value should I put? Only out of curiosity

If you want to have a longer GEAR, lower the value. Depending of others GEAR values and what you want may vary.
You can try put 0.700. This will make the 5th gear longer, less aceleration but more top speed.

For a shorter GEAR, just do the inverse.

Alright. As all people showed lots of interest in participating in the 'watch brand' challenge, this was canceled.

Thank you all for the huge sense of humor. :rolleyes:

As I said, the watch brand was on the 'drivers suite'!
0h9s.png

ljrg.png

Anyway, here are the pictures of my helmet and suite of GT Sport.
hx45.jpg

bwtg.jpg

Trume

Epson-Trume-TR-MB7002-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg

Epson-Trume-TR-MB8006-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg

A well know Japanese avant-garde watch brand. One of the best watchs in the world.

Cheers

Hi gents and gals
here is the Golf 7 GTI, author Rj137

50294598543_3d173e19bc_b.jpg

updated with the great help from:
http://www.zeperfs.com/perfs.php?Action=Fiche&Marque=VW&Modele=Golf VII

Several files of data folder updated, number plates added etc..
I fixed the oversteer problem, now the car is more stable
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/osu2w53ayk1opee/vw_golf_vii_gti.7z/file
Have fun, Mike

I see a Golf R on the screenshot.. and a GTI logo at the side .. :odd:

View attachment 954514
Can't wait to give this one a go! Shame it's the 7.5 and not the 7 like mine

:rolleyes:

Call for modders that wanna get paid.. this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Assetto.Corsa.Australia

has a bunch of guys crying for RNP in Sydney, as touge. I took a crack at it with RTB, but, man, its a huge piece of road to try model, and the google data from RTB is hopeless (i think the "ground" from google is to the top of the trees, not the road, so hard to get it right).

I gave up when my machine said NOPE trying to parse the GIS "25m" data where you CAN see the road between the tree's at least giving you a headstart, assuming your machine can take the punch. the "25m" source, once in CAD, actually measure ~1m between dots... much denser then 25 for sure.. may just be mislabbelled, this is jsut ONE tile of the GIS data, about 80m of the road.. and it was making my machine crawl, total road is about 40 tiles..

MAP: (red is the request, blue is the bit i rode in the clip below)
https://www.google.com/maps/@-34.134366,150.9729479,12z
View attachment 950888

I just came back from there on the bike, ill drop a clip of the foliage into this post once its up, its damn dense in terms of these kinds of tracks, and coupled with the length of the road, may prove to be too heavy for Assetto?

If you already on the group search for "nasho" or RNP, im sure the boys will throw money into a patreon or something to get it done, I will for sure as well, the road is damn near undriveable nowadays, a cop behind every bush and 3 trillion cyclists.. they dropped the speed limit to 60km.. sad business. Otherwise let me know here and I can carry a message for the boys.

Video of the last 25% or so, from stanwell tops to the bottom at teh junction of waterfall road:

SO: Decided to tackle this project. Biggest thing to overcome is the fact that google maps height data is hopelessly innacurate and the scan data 5m is hopeless too big, with the further issue of the scan is with trees, and as the arch over the road even worse. BUT. going to try anyway. I already own 3dcoat and never thought about using it to bash down the size of the scan data (false economy, because I will be trading heavy mesh for heavy voxel mesh, but, at least once its all in one place in 3dcoat I can trim away the bit I dont need, then decimate back to tri mesh), quick test last night says it will get the job done in about 8 hours on my dual xeon machine. (15 minutes per tile to import and voxelise). The machine has 128gb of ram so if i trim on a per tile basis as each tile imports i think i will have JUST enough ram to pull it off.

I will go out super early and ride the 14km section between waterfall entrance to stanwell tops a few times in both directions to get a LHS and RHS curve to the road. my home built gps/obd logger also logs g-force shifts. Started the work on writing a plugin for rhinoceros3d to take all that info and spit out two curves that can be used to sweep2 a track including bumps. Idea being if i then import the decimated mesh from 3dcoat to rhino I can match the earth to the track then take the whole lot as two layers into 3dcoat and smooth down the trees at the road verge to replace with modelled trees.

Now the question to @Teddie and maybe @p4cker0wns, is there a decent set of trees you guys have as a resource for this kind of project, as presumably i will be working completely outside of RTB they are needed as FBX or even obj/3ds etc for placement in 3dsimed.

-OR-

Is there a workflow to bring the whole mesh into RTB and place trees on the mesh inside RTB? (and then repeat request, x-packs of decent trees?)

@Lernatix did you look at the scan data resources, there is a TIFF resource that is an image instead of this huge mesh, and from what I can tell its "bare earth", but, I have no idea how to turn that back into a mesh or scale to correct sizes etc. Any software you can recommend for working with those geoTIFF files?

The whole thing about the nasho is those trees, and if not done right will loose all impact. (see vid of trees inoriginal post)

upload_2020-9-2_7-24-29.png

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the best is the old Reboot 66 Spa - with the updated AI from Jody Parks.

I've put way, way too many laps into that track... it's addictive :)

any link? I think I have that one but yeah, any link provided with the updated AI? I don't think mine has the updated AI

Has anyone got a link to the Tesla Model 3 in standard spec without the daft rear wing? Just tried the wing one and its decent, but I'd prefer a standard looking one if anyone has it. I've seen one out there but can't find a link anywhere. Thanks

SO: Decided to tackle this project. Biggest thing to overcome is the fact that google maps height data is hopelessly innacurate and the scan data 5m is hopeless too big, .... /snip /....
Now the question to @Teddie and maybe @p4cker0wns, is there a decent set of trees you guys have as a resource for this kind of project, as presumably i will be working completely outside of RTB they are needed as FBX or even obj/3ds etc for placement in 3dsimed.

-OR-

Is there a workflow to bring the whole mesh into RTB and place trees on the mesh inside RTB? (and then repeat request, x-packs of decent trees?)

Oh man, good luck with this. Sounds like a fun project. Funny you should mention the trees. I was going to contact Tyrone about his Xpack of trees, if I could borrow some. They are shweeet.

You'll need to use (or rather this is how I do it) I use Xpacker to bring me and my son's objects into RTB by creating packages. I've screwed this up a lot though in the beginning, so backup your work.

Last edited:
But as far as realism go you're still playing a game mate. None of us have access to the super simulators Lando and co use ahah.

Actually... that's not quite true. The sim that Lando uses at home (and for many many more hours than the 'super simuilator' he uses when at McLaren HQ) is not much different to what many sim racers have. :P

And...
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-the-thrill-of-sim.lFM26RLpKxViWXTYwSz0J.html

And here's Alex Albon's rig...

https://www.racefans.net/2020/04/30...dware-in-alexander-albon-29000-simracing-rig/

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back