Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,983 comments
stop whinging, turn off RainFX until Ilja fixes it.

Well said. I couldn't agree more with this. I think there might also be some further misunderstanding going on regarding the "stalling" of development. As I understood rainfx is not being worked on currently by Ilya because he doesn't code the physics. mclarenf1papa has been doing most of the work on that, and if it needs more time to be done properly then it needs more time because he doesn't take a lot of shortcuts. If you want to direct your dollars to a rainfx release then you might consider also his patreon https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=33942541

So in my mind no harm in Ilya switching over to work on the CM workshop in the meantime. He's not sitting on his hands. If money is tight for you or you don't think rain is worth it then unsubscribe, but if you actually want worthwhile rain then be careful not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited:
Supporting Ilja and a sad "thing" called self-entitlement..
the TL;DR, stop whinging, turn off RainFX until Ilja fixes it.

I write quite a bit of software for a jewellery specific CAD program, plugins, importer/exporters, and bridges betweens it and various ERP's, for 1000 lines of code that does not seem to do much, might take me a month to get it hobbling along, a month or two more in beta before I release a working version, and for sure 3-6 months of fixes as the users discover all new ways to break it. Unlike Ilja I get paid VERY handsomely for what I do because it has huge financial impact for the company, the team can output 3X as much work as they used to be able to etc..

BUT

Just because Ilja's time is consumed making essentially a grown kids game, it is not considered valuable, that however does not change the investment in time, skill, and of course software costs to him, so irrespective that I dont even use RainFX much, I happily support him, because it makes it worthwhile for him to see a return on all the effort, open CM or CSP and look at how much IS in there and working.. at some point all of that was in the state RainFX is now.

I have great respect for the rabbit he already pulled out of the hat on this, and for all the other rabbits yet to come, and it will come when it comes no doubt.

Sorry to rant, but, get my goat when people sign up to patreon for 2 bucks and whinge about how hard done by they are now that they bought him, and he works for them.. If i was doing what he was doing and copping as much **** about it as he does, I'd have hung up my hat ages ago and told everyone to go get ****ed, and left AC in the dark ages. ;)

I am not sure where you have read on here people moaning about rain fx?
Someone asked about if its worth it and i said it very much is for as much or as little as you want to invest....

Regards the "paying 2 bucks and moaning about it" well he currently has nearly 3,000 patroens so even at 2 bucks a pop that is 6k a month, so well worth a few negative nitpickers.
Plus the money from CM, he must of cleared 500,000 grand from his work on AC by now.

Also people are free to moan or whatever even over free stuff, such is life. No point getting triggered by it really.

If PCars 3 was free i'd still moan about SMS...

People moan about sim dream whilst simultaneously getting their stuff for free on other forums... just they way it is.
If you don't like moaning or entitlement, the internet is not the place for mind peace...

Three-post combo coming up - hopefully they satisfy the ToS regarding timing and content. Is everyone else still asleep, lol..?

I'm not sure if any other Rift users have noticed this but the oval tarmac texture at Autosport Speedway produces a moiré pattern that 'floats' a few metres in front of the car in VR (at the Rift resolution). It's hard to see in static images but you can hopefully see it here. It's quite distracting when moving in VR, for me anyway. I've never noticed this with any other tracks. It might also be visible in 2D at 1080p (the Rift's rendering resolution).

XAT3JEP.jpg

The infield road surface doesn't do this so I replaced the oval tarmac texture with the infield one and the issue has gone away.
I did this as a one-texture CM skin (in case anyone else here has this issue) so it can be activated/deactivated at will in the normal way. It can be active in parallel with any of the billboard skins.

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...oval-road-texture-for-oculus-rift-vive.26735/

Hi Mascot, thanks for this. Is there an extension file to enable / disable this please?

It is not a secret that I like a lot! Legions site. I'm almost sure I have maybe 80% of content.

Personally, love the 1920 to 1950 period. Today, I had a very good news. This car is there to download.
View attachment 969717

The Napier Railton, was build to fly, I mean, race hard.
If I am correct, it has a 23000 cc inside a W12 engine. LOL

Thank you Zero.

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?...BobsEpyIJXoGYrDxAEdXeEK0-jjR7R-Uby6YIh-JfuIAk

Between downloading my weekly RX7, AE86 and R32/33/34 variants I always find Legion's new stuff somewhat refreshing.

It is not a secret that I like a lot! Legions site. I'm almost sure I have maybe 80% of content.

Personally, love the 1920 to 1950 period. Today, I had a very good news. This car is there to download.
View attachment 969717

The Napier Railton, was build to fly, I mean, race hard.
If I am correct, it has a 23000 cc inside a W12 engine. LOL

Thank you Zero.

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?...BobsEpyIJXoGYrDxAEdXeEK0-jjR7R-Uby6YIh-JfuIAk
Thanks for the tip. It's great looking car, nice to drive.
But when I push the clutch pedal there's always that engine start noise until I release the pedal.
A correct logo/badge to replace the Mercedes Star:

badge.png

Hi Mascot, thanks for this. Is there an extension file to enable / disable this please?
Just select the skin and make sure it's ticked pre-race in CM and you should be good to go.
Just like any other billboard/tree/era track skin.

I am not sure where you have read on here people moaning about rain fx?
I´m sure it´s not about the rain per se, but rather the recent shift in focus to the workshop, without first fixing up some bugs and finishing up the rainFX.

Regards the "paying 2 bucks and moaning about it" well he currently has nearly 3,000 patroens so even at 2 bucks a pop that is 6k a month, so well worth a few negative nitpickers.
Though I imagine voting with their dollars would have a bigger impact if they don't really care for the workshop stuff.

People moan about sim dream whilst simultaneously getting their stuff for free on other forums... just they way it is.
Which makes me wonder, cause I haven´t looked around, what's Ilja stance on SimBois and BTM mods? He announced some more anti-piracy measures; would that force him to back up the scammers if they start copyrighting more stolen stuff?

If you don't like moaning or entitlement, the internet is not the place for mind peace...
I´ll hang this sentence where I can see it, thanks

Well, i'm impressed.
You got my good example of internal banner for front window. Seems you were able to take it but not able to learn from the complete work.
Funny that you might not see but "S" is cut - i don't even ask what happened :D, don't want to swim the "ocean of explanations". And how is the rain from the inside?

BTW Last time you posted about "final update" I thought you & @JakubP updated the car completely. :)

I could understand many things in case of "amateur" hobbyist modders, but "Assetto Corsa Real Mods"? It is a serious name. (A joke)

Last edited:
I´m sure it´s not about the rain per se, but rather the recent shift in focus to the workshop, without first fixing up some bugs and finishing up the rainFX.

Though I imagine voting with their dollars would have a bigger impact if they don't really care for the workshop stuff.

Which makes me wonder, cause I haven´t looked around, what's Ilja stance on SimBois and BTM mods? He announced some more anti-piracy measures; would that force him to back up the scammers if they start copyrighting more stolen stuff?

I´ll hang this sentence where I can see it, thanks

"... what's Ilja stance on SimBois and BTM mods? He announced some more anti-piracy measures; ..."

Yup, only scratch made mods, since every "converted" mod (a rip) is pirated. So ... it's better to learn some 3D app or you will stay with nothing :D

Last edited:
I've started my first ever actual mod/conversion: Volkswagen Scirocco R

View attachment 969718
View attachment 969719

Started yesterday so very much wip. FM4 model so not the best quality but easy to learn on and this model doesn't exist non encrypted in somewhat quality. Hoping to see some tuned/custom specs when I'm done.

Also working on this but this is a hack n slash job, combining three mods to make one.

View attachment 969722

It is always (for me), a huge pleasure, to see someone working on a car that is not yet in AC. Thank you.

Thanks for the tip. It's great looking car, nice to drive.
But when I push the clutch pedal there's always that engine start noise until I release the pedal.
A correct logo/badge to replace the Mercedes Star:

View attachment 969734

Wow, nice one. Thank you.

Hey Guys I work on this...If someone want to do the suspension animation it will be nice...
The car will be public with all the Csp stuff, animation roof, doors, hood, digitals, deformation, damage etc etc...

View attachment 969746View attachment 969747

The same comment for @Opperslang also serves for you.
It is always (for me), a huge pleasure, to see someone working on a car that is not yet in AC. Thank you.

Need some help.
Tried to google it without success tho.

Who knows where and how can we disable, only some HUD info, in Gran Turismo HUD?
Ex: Lap counter or time counter.

I once saw it, but don't remember where. I was in the HUD files, but nothing came to my mind how to disable.

Thanks.

Imola 95-06 (2001) update: (aka: dilemmas of a track converter)

Hello all! I really want to release a public beta as the track is super fun and the historic elements (walls, barriers and cranes) are all in place. It is a complex track source, having 3 different sets of TSO/WALLS and other bits to research and try to replicate (watched so much in-car videos of 2001 race). We have replaced the 2D trees with better X models, track surfaces are in place (including no-cheat zones), GrassFX/RainFX/lighting have basic configs. A functional AI and a simple TV cam are off the to-do list as well.

But about that cam... watching TV seems to reveal alot of flashing/blinking textures that are not present from cockpit or any view while driving.
I do not wish to present the track in this condition.

This may be caused by the complex walls/tirebarriers and collision objects. Track has both standard hidden collision objects, and double layer object placement that includes collision obs that should be "hidden". This is all fine and dandy when done properly in the models, but this tracks obs are inconsistent in that placement. This creates issues and conversion considerations.

1. having simple collision objects reduces CPU usage (good)
2. these objects need to be set "hidden"
3. the inconsistent nature of the source creates a mish-mash of real and hidden obs that may be contributing to the flicker issue
3a. Not all flickering things are behind or comprised of hidden collision walls.

how to resolve? (any of which may or not affect replay flicker)
a. do nothing (another TV cam has less of this behaviour)
b. try to remove all hidden collisions, which reduces object count, but increases WALL collision processing
c. remove all hidden collisions and someone can create a track-wide collision barrier

I like (c) but for now maybe I will try (b)

*sigh*

btw: there is still room for improvement and opportunities to help. Many materials can still use shader work for adding normal and specular maps from original textures (included).

Last edited:
Need some help.
Tried to google it without success tho.

Who knows where and how can we disable, only some HUD info, in Gran Turismo HUD?
Ex: Lap counter or time counter.

I once saw it, but don't remember where. I was in the HUD files, but nothing came to my mind how to disable.

Thanks.

\Assetto_Corsa\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\GT HUD

and

PNG here:

\Assetto_Corsa\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python\GT HUD\themes\GT5

(I've removed from the image/texture text "LAP" "TOTAL TIME" "BEST LAP" and clock in the middle)

Make a backup of your files

EDITED:
Redownload GT HUD.py please, previuos one gave map lost with map_display plugin.

Attachments

• background.png
    background.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 22
  • background_analog.png
    background_analog.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 26
  • GT HUD.py.txt
    72 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back