Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,777 comments
The extended physics option is still there but you have to switch it on in the CM tabs first before it appears in the main UI screen. Not at my PC right now, so I can't point you at the exact setting you need to tick... but it is there.
Ohh really?..thank you for the hint, but I can't seem to find it :S..

!!Released!! AC Legends GT Classic v3.0
Thanks to lots of help from the AC modding community we were able to create another extensive update for the AC Legends GT mod. Although every car has completely different handling, balance and character, the power to weight ratio’s is pretty equal, resulting in close laptimes and –racing.

v3.0 Credits:
Models: Conversions / updates/ add-ons
DrDoomslab (models, textures/ AO and all the little details)
Norms (Wiper animations, rebuilt LoD’s, 3d Colliders, all the little details)
Special thanks to Pessio for permission to use his brilliant Pantera Gr4 model!
Skins: new 4k skins by Ben Nash + many skins from the RaceDepartment community:Aad Gagesteijn, Andy-R, BDA, carmar, GPLGEM, GT3RSAss, hal4000, Guerilla Mods, LeSunTzu, Ned, Pasta2000, schUPpor, Smallblock Hero, susanthedeath, Xedrox, (sorry if I forgot someone)
Driver suits & helmets: Xedrox, gergerger, various RD skinners
Physics & AI: Bazza
Sounds: Kunos, AMA Fmod (Porsche 906), Legion (Pantera), various unknown sources.
Testers: 50ftElvis, Dirk Steffen, capt nasties, kondor999, Timo One, 2old4Forza comm.​

Special Thanks:
Youtube Channels:
Mike from Simracing604, Billy Strange Racing, Alex from ‘The Extra Mile’ and Michael from ‘SingleRacer’ for their contagious passion about (historic) simracing.
Websites / Discord: The F1 Classic forum THR racing Vintage AC Discord

Installation Notes on Pantera Gr4: original mod by Pessio Garage required! (also explained in the included release notes)
Download: http://pessiogarage.com/products/de-tomaso-pantera-gr-4/

Howto install:
1. Install original mod from Pessio
2. Go to \SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\pg_pantera_gr4
3. In this folder: Copy the following files:
-pantera.kn5
-panteraB.kn5
4. Go to \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ac_legends_gt_pantera_gr4
5. Paste kn5 files here!

Version 3.0 (2020-10)
Update pack to 2020 standards using the latest CSP features, to enable 24 hour races in the wet. All Physics and tiremodel rebuilt from scratch.

Initial release: GT-R pack
Models
, lots of upgrades: (DrDoomslab, Norms, Ben Nash)
- Up to 2020 standards with CSP:
- all cars have (refracting) headlights, wipers, improved shaders, high(er) res cockpits
- many 4k skins added by Ben Nash
- all cars have proper LoD's & 3d colliders for better VR/ multiplayer/ big grid AI racing

Physics: (Bazza)
- Rebuilt tiremodel + brakefading, rebuilt suspensions from scratch for all cars, updated gearboxes, - dyno curves, improved FFB & AI

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/s8a9dkd61jnlvto/20201108+AC+Legends+3.0+Mod+pack.7z/file

View attachment 970276 View attachment 970277 View attachment 970278 View attachment 970280
Why is the AI so sloooooooooooow ?!

Ohh really?..thank you for the hint, but I can't seem to find it :S..

Got to my Racing PC to take a look ...

In my CM settings, in the DRIVE tab, then in the QUICK DRIVE section, there's an option that says 'Allow to use patch car's data to activate extended physics'.

It's at the bottom of the image here, but not ticked.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Imola 1995-2006 v0.devbeta3 (final dev ver)

Changelog Beta3;
-
Remove unneeded walls (still more todo)
Remove hidden cranes
Removed some floating objects
Surfaces are near final and aligned
Aligned most shader values
Misc tweaks

Todo:
Finalize skins (+bake 2001)
Fix the pit monitor/stand texture (missing)
Remove "branding"
Add normal+specular maps from included texture 7z
AI tweaking
*marble line? Can AC use a marble line and not a skidline?
add skidlines

feel free to contribute the todo list

Last edited:
I'm really out here killing the Countach. Added 3D Stickers,More Skins, Turbo boost gauge and a old 80s TV screen because these were the 80s.:D
preview.jpg

preview.jpg

Named it the Sling Shot It also has a Twin Turbo badge in the back but i don't want to cram this post with too many images.
Anyway the boost gauge and the unnecessary 80S TV Screen but I'm keeping it in the 80s Tuner spirit. Will also do an roofless version.
__custom_showroom_1604881825.jpg

Wanted to bring up maybe even more stuff in the interior but scrapped it anyway the TV Screen idea for me originated from an 1000SEL Merc
2020.11.09-01.33.png

Last edited:
This is an beautiful mode and is a wonderful homage to the work of Khyzyl Saleem:
https://www.artstation.com/khyzylsaleem

@K E N N E T H This is a unique model, an absolute visual pleasure and I hope to see many more in this vision. Clearly a huge amount of time and dedication has gone into this model, congratulations to everyone involved.

I noticed however that there is still an issue with the #Steer_Ratio / Rod and Lock with this vehicle.

I have therefore attached a fix for those who wish to use it (primarily wheel users) and have attached the details and evidence explaining why this is the case.

Currently the vehicle is set to have the following data in the the car.ini:

[CONTROLS]
FFMULT=1.574
STEER_ASSIST=1.000
STEER_LOCK=320 <<Real car's steer lock from center to right
STEER_RATIO=16.5 <<Steer ratio
LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO=0.0031

As you can see the data states that this vehicle has a #Steer_Lock of 320 degrees which is 640 degrees lock to lock.

The real world maximum data value reported for similar vehicles of this type is 360 degrees / 720 degrees lock to lock. The data in the ini is not far from the maximum specification, however the rods delivery is inaccurate.

This is verified here by Kunos own instructions for configuring the ROD:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/answers-from-the-devs.12077/

By reducing the #Steer_Lock below the maximum value you are effectively removing the real the world physical rotation wheel users can apply.

It is very possible that in some cases a lock of 10:1 was used at some tracks, however this should not be reflected in the controls config.

As a reference point lets look at the Audi_R8_LMS (not the exact vehicle) and the steering locks for all vehicles in ACC:
https://www.motorsportfocus.net/uploads/2018Bulletins/Audi_R8_LMS_MY2016_Handbook_v1-2018.pdf
https://simracingsetup.com/assetto-corsa/acc-steering-lock-settings/

Kunos have openly admitted on several occasions, which I find incredibly admirable, that they have made mistakes in the past, here is one of those examples:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...or-the-devs-concerning-ffb-differences.26638/

Many internally were unaware what #Steer_Assist did and assumed it was power steering or game pad assist (and not a gamma) and were applying it to vehicles incorrectly. Kunos later clarified what #Steer_Assist was and stated that any and all affected vehicles would be updated and fixed, not all were.

While the data included with this vehicle many not be completely incorrect, and it works particularly well for controller users, what I can say is that the data in ACC and modern AC mods (including those ported from ACC) no longer align with the older data in the original base AC content, improvements have been made.

Much has changed in sim racing and as such modding has evolved, much like consumer hardware and while the data entered in some AC cars is not bad, incorrect or wrong, that’s not to say it’s completely infallible and can not be improved upon.

Thanks again for sharing this mod with the community.
The files for the fix are attached for anyone who would like to use it:

Holy urus, Batman! Fixing the issues outlined above sliced no less than SEVEN SECONDS off my best lap at Road America! At a 4-mile (6.4-km.) track, that's a TON; maybe even a metric TONNE! Thank you so very, vey much for bringing this to light. It totally transforms the handling of the car!

Subic International Raceway

New track from @Teddie in case you missed it on RaceDepartment.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ted-subic-international-raceway.36987/

subic_promo_screenwork-jpg.418449

The best track from Teddie. Loving the layout.

Yeah, the Lancia Delta is out today! I didn't make any video for it (yet) so I'll just post some pictures for now ;) You can join my Discord for access to this and previous cars I've made so far, to be up to date with what I do and to send some feedback 👍

https://discord.gg/t8UQyEG

View attachment 970285 View attachment 970286 View attachment 970287 View attachment 970288
View attachment 970289 View attachment 970290 View attachment 970291

Fabulous!

Of what I remember from it, just good as new, even the sound at low revs.
Just one note tho, if I may. The understeering is a bit more than the real one (at least comparing with the one I was in), specially in slow corners.
Anyway, even the understeering is very close to perfection.

I wish I could have a bit more of light intensity on the dashboard too.

Congratulations. Your work is one of the best for AC. Period.

Cheers

Can anyone suggest why I can't get wipers to even turn on, in any car (including the new ACL stuff) when on track? They work in the CM showroom (eg. on the Skyline). Tried the mapped "wipers-speed-up", W (from showroom, but is now mapped to WipersOff), and BLM Car. Could it be for the same reason the first 9 (or?) pages of Sol Config are blank?
BTW, if find it quite funny that I'm so dead set and determined now to feel realistic gloom in-car, when really I prefer nice weather for racing... Once working properly, rain will become just another realistic possibility on race day, which will be big fun.

(oh, now running 1.67 preview 1)

Last edited:
Hey, has anyone ever found the TopRace McLaren 720s Spider to be fast.

Like ridiculously fast.

Like outdrags the 488 GTB by miles fast.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience/suggestions with this issue.

Also the paint is all messed up and the colours are all weird and chrome. Might be a more recent CSP issue.

Last edited:

Like ridiculously fast.

Also the paint is all messed up and the colours are all weird and chrome. Might be a more recent CSP issue.

Isn't the 720s one of the fastest drag production car? Tbf i do expect it to outdrag the Ferrari a bit though.

Like ridiculously fast.

"... McLaren 720s Spider to be fast.

Like ridiculously fast.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience/suggestions with this issue"

Hmm. "Issue"? :D
Watch this. There is the "issue" :D

EDIT:
Sorry, i see you were inquiring about mod not real life :D

Last edited:
Hiya, thought this is probably the best place to ask.
Been looking for some time now but never found anything, has anyone ever made a MK2 Scirocco for AC ?
Found a MK1 and saw that a MK3 ( yuck :P ) is being made

👍👍
@FileMissing

Hi ! :)

You did a "little" but great job on the Audi R8 IMSA GTO (version 2), It became far better, thanks a lot !
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1895#post-13278277

Cheers ! :cheers:

Will repeat myself, but I don't care.

Brilliant. How a small change can change all the driving experience.
You don't only change (for better), you explain why, what and how.

I thank you.

Holy urus, Batman! Fixing the issues outlined above sliced no less than SEVEN SECONDS off my best lap at Road America! At a 4-mile (6.4-km.) track, that's a TON; maybe even a metric TONNE! Thank you so very, vey much for bringing this to light. It totally transforms the handling of the car!

You're welcome,
It’s an often overlooked area, yet one of the most vital.

Last edited:
Hiya, thought this is probably the best place to ask.
Been looking for some time now but never found anything, has anyone ever made a MK2 Scirocco for AC ?
Found a MK1 and saw that a MK3 ( yuck :P ) is being made

Keep that yuck to yourself!!!!!!!!!!! Nah I'm kidding but someone commented on FB on my MK3 post that he was creating a MK2 that's almost done.

Hi guys I want to know if there is some brave modders who are working on making 2020 Nords billboards or a Revised version of it cause Nord in assetto corsa looks too old!!
Thank you;)

Like ridiculously fast.

There's a few reasons, if you've got the same 720S Spider as me (don't know if there's been updates) then it's 136 kg too light and has 140 Nm too much torque, plus it's running Hypercar Trofeo tyres as standard vs the Hypercar Road tyres of the 488 GTB. Tyres are a matter of preference and I've not looked further into the data, but if basics like torque and weight are wrong, then I'd have little faith in things such as the drivetrain and aero either.

Diriyah ePrix v1.0
Screenshot_tw_mazda_rx7_aspec_ad_diriyah_2-10-120-8-36-0.jpg

New York City ePrix v1.0
Screenshot_ks_audi_tt_vln_newyork_eprix_1-10-120-19-16-42.jpg

Rome ePrix v1.0
Screenshot_tw_mazda_rx7_aspec_rome_eprix_2-10-120-8-30-28.jpg

- 24 or 22 pit/start
- AI
- VAO
- Replay cam
- Camtool Replay(_option_camtool folder)

Known issues : Better AI line (needs help) , There is no lid on the side of the curb

*Obtained permission to convert*

- Original mod by LFT Rfactor Tracks
- Track Convert by shin956
- Camtool Replay by @ckkjw398

This is the end of updating ePrix Track from rFactor unless there is a serious problem.
Thank you.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back