Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,032 comments
There was a decent mod that got removed by the racedepartment police earlier. Toyota P1 Evo, its some kind of mod on top of the kunos TS040 but lighter and with loads of power so its more like an F1 car with big top speeds, Porsche 919 evo style. Some of these kind of things (Red Bull X2010 springs to mind) are awful, but I just tried it and its a lot of fun - topped 420kph at 67 le mans. Seems to brake too fast but other than that feels like a really fast LMP car

Meantime Perendinator provided another piece of art, for free!

Thank you Legion.

https://perendinator.blogspot.com/?...BobsEpyIJXoGYrDxAEdXeEK0-jjR7R-Uby6YIh-JfuIAk
preview.jpg

what real series is this based of ?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm getting lots of textures flashing in and out, including parts of the road surface as well as a range of other objects and distant landscape features. I've deleted all previous configs so it's not a config conflict. Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: Just for the record, I have rendering distance set to 2100m and I'm running CSP .1.74 Preview 33 and SOL 2.1 Alpha 27. Distance doesn't seem to be the defining factor in what assets flash on and off either.

Here's two examples...

View attachment 1006088

View attachment 1006089

Yes, me too. CSP 1.74 preview33.

Even as a two-minute test to see if it fixes your problem? You can always go back to it, it's not a permanent change.
I'm trying to help you solve your issue here as it seems pretty unique, but I need your help with that.

Thanks for your help masscot. I appreciate it (as well as the updated track). I'll have to get back to you though as I'm just about to sit down to dinner. In the meantime though, marchetti87 has confimed he has the same issue and is also running 0.1.74p33.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help masscot. I appreciate it (as well as the updated track). I'll have to get back to you though as I'm just about to sit down to dinner. In the meantime though, marchetti87 has confimed he has the same issue and is also running 0.1.74p33.
Same request then, try a different CSP version, not a test version that was not meant for the public and is known to have issues.
I'm not saying it's the answer, I'm saying we need to eliminate it as a possible cause.
@marchetti87

Haven't seen any old skins reappear yet myself but the update was only 969kb, so I doubt would bring back these old files including audio.

Yeah but this has excactly happened again to me, already for the second time. The update was 60 MB in size. Old Kunos skins, old previews, soundbanks destroyed. ****!

There was a decent mod that got removed by the racedepartment police earlier. Toyota P1 Evo, its some kind of mod on top of the kunos TS040 but lighter and with loads of power so its more like an F1 car with big top speeds, Porsche 919 evo style. Some of these kind of things (Red Bull X2010 springs to mind) are awful, but I just tried it and its a lot of fun - topped 420kph at 67 le mans. Seems to brake too fast but other than that feels like a really fast LMP car
I agree, but I have the problem that it has no sound in game (I fixed the soundbank problem with CM)..

@xezez @marchetti87
Did you both do a 100% clean installation? Deleted the previous version before installing the new one or using CM's 'clean installation' function?
If not, please try that as well.

Edit: downgrading CSP probably won't solve it but we think we might have identified the problem. Will test ASAP and update appropriately.

Last edited:
To be honest, I haven't tried older CSP builds, but I've been running 1.74 p33 for weeks without issue. It was sent out to Patreon subscribers over a month ago and is supposed to have lots of fixes. So far, I've had no problem with other tracks. I have reinstalled it just to be sure it wasn't corrupted by something weird.

P.S. As 1.74p33 has an FPS gain around 25fps, I'm a bit loathe to go backward at this point.

All working here for me, 1.74p33

edit: just installed it over the old one, didnt know it was meant to be a clean install.

Lately I have been using only .png OR DTX5 tetures.
DTX3 may be causing issues on the blend with your multimap

that did it, used PNG and it went away, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably always good practice to install cars and track cleanly.. Ie delete the old folder first copy the new folder in...
ahh crap, I cleaned and reinstalled from scratch, now I DO get the dissapearing textures! Not in teh same place as the other two though, roadside objects and road it self flashes in and out.

@mascott

EDIT: If it helps I tried 0.168 and it still flashes textures in and out.

Last edited:
ahh crap, I cleaned and reinstalled from scratch, now I DO get the dissapearing textures! Not in teh same place as the other two though, roadside objects and road it self flashes in and out.

@mascott

EDIT: If it helps I tried 0.168 and it still flashes textures in and out.

Thanks, as said above (in an edit, so might have been missed) we *think* we've ID'd the issue so will test then update ASAP.
Thanks to everyone for the reports, these are always useful - especially with so many CSP/Sol/PPF/optimisation/options/hardware variables in play.
👍

what happens when you run just your car?

FPS is certainly better when running the car alone without AI, but still no where near as good as it could be. Some of the troubled combinations include any VRC indy cars (2012/2018) and URD challenge indy cars on tracks such as Indianapolis, Pocono, Phoenix and Mid-ohio . FPS stuck at 12 with GPU running at 7% (when running with 20 AI). But when using the Hyperion or RSS 2020 indy car, no problems, FPS between 150 and 180 when running with at least 20 AI. Quite perplexed that I didn't notice this issue previously....I'm quite certain that there are other track issue with these cars and maybe more...

Just tried damone's version with a grid of 24 VRC cars on vanilla AC. Works fine.
Try it without using CM / CSP and see if that affects your FPS in the same way that you have described. At least you'll be able to narrow down where the issue may be.

My best guess would be that the additional CSP features of the track, combined with the additional CSP features of that particular car, is what is leading to the loss of FPS. Unfortunately I don't have time for further testing this morning.

Thanks, but I'm not really sure how to revert back to Vanilla for testing, to be honest...

Last edited by a moderator:
@xezez @marchetti87
Did you both do a 100% clean installation? Deleted the previous version before installing the new one or using CM's 'clean installation' function?
If not, please try that as well.

Edit: downgrading CSP probably won't solve it but we think we might have identified the problem. Will test ASAP and update appropriately.

Yes, I deleted the previous track and installed this new version. I will go back to the previous version that was working without a problem until a solution appears, since this is the only track that is giving me problems. CSP 1.74 preview33 works really well for me, except for the green lights. :lol:

Good afternoon, I can not open this .DDS either in paint.net or in photoshop cc19, please, if someone opens it, just overwrite it in the R8G8B8A8_UNorm format. maybe later it will open for me too. Thank you.

Attachments

• Body_paint.zip
    508.2 KB · Views: 8
Yes, I deleted the previous track and installed this new version. I will go back to the previous version that was working without a problem until a solution appears, since this is the only track that is giving me problems. CSP 1.74 preview33 works really well for me, except for the green lights. :lol:
Can you try disabling 'advanced culling' in CM/CSP/general patch settings and see if that solves it? You can stay on your most recent CSP.

Build up to Le Mans.
I would like to show some progress over pretty good A3DR mod "a3dr honda s800 rsc"

CREATED BY ALBERTO DANIEL RUSSO aka A3DR
https://www.behance.net/a3drstudio
PHYSICS BY JASON COATES aka APHIDGOD

I've done some reworking at lights levels. I've added new meshes and modified existent ones. I've modded and adapted lights.ini in data folder and created from scratch ext_config.ini to activate refraction lights. Now mod has Front lights highbeam and lowbeam plus idle/position lights working, front turn lights working (refraction lights), rear tail lights and reverse lights plus turn lights working (everything in refraction lights). Normal Map for transparent glass have been created by hand.

Some Screenshots before:

View attachment 1006062 View attachment 1006063 View attachment 1006064 View attachment 1006065 View attachment 1006066 View attachment 1006067

Now with reworks we have these:

View attachment 1006068 View attachment 1006069 View attachment 1006070 View attachment 1006071 View attachment 1006072 View attachment 1006073 View attachment 1006074 View attachment 1006075

Some little details:

View attachment 1006076 View attachment 1006077 View attachment 1006078 View attachment 1006079 View attachment 1006080 View attachment 1006081 View attachment 1006082

Thanks for watching and sorry for spamming. I hope A3DR could come in and look some results.

[EDIT] Great progress... you continue to impress. Just caught up with the convo on Discord. Would love to look into how you did this. Right now, I got the lights detailed without it.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1611443995.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1611443995.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
I would like to show some progress over pretty good A3DR mod "a3dr honda s800 rsc"

CREATED BY ALBERTO DANIEL RUSSO aka A3DR
https://www.behance.net/a3drstudio
PHYSICS BY JASON COATES aka APHIDGOD

I've done some reworking at lights levels. I've added new meshes and modified existent ones. I've modded and adapted lights.ini in data folder and created from scratch ext_config.ini to activate refraction lights. Now mod has Front lights highbeam and lowbeam plus idle/position lights working, front turn lights working (refraction lights), rear tail lights and reverse lights plus turn lights working (everything in refraction lights). Normal Map for transparent glass have been created by hand.

Some Screenshots before:

View attachment 1006062 View attachment 1006063 View attachment 1006064 View attachment 1006065 View attachment 1006066 View attachment 1006067

Now with reworks we have these:

View attachment 1006068 View attachment 1006069 View attachment 1006070 View attachment 1006071 View attachment 1006072 View attachment 1006073 View attachment 1006074 View attachment 1006075

Some little details:

View attachment 1006076 View attachment 1006077 View attachment 1006078 View attachment 1006079 View attachment 1006080 View attachment 1006081 View attachment 1006082

Thanks for watching and sorry for spamming. I hope A3DR could come in and look some results.
This is brilliant! Great job! Will you share your work with us?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back