Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
MIAMI HARD ROCK GP TRACKSKIN 2022
Guesswork fictional skin based on current sponsors for the Miami circuit pay mod for those who have it.
The track itself lacks a lot of detail at the moment but hopefully the mod evolves quickly with updates because it's a fluid fast drive.
I'll add the skin to my 2021 pack as a bonus skin.
Here is a link for just the track skin (the track itself is not mine to share so don't ask)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3o810e9hvplxddd/Miami+Hard+Rock.rar/file

View attachment 1013553 View attachment 1013554 View attachment 1013555 View attachment 1013556 View attachment 1013557 View attachment 1013558 View attachment 1013559 View attachment 1013560 View attachment 1013561 View attachment 1013562 View attachment 1013563 View attachment 1013564 View attachment 1013565 View attachment 1013566 View attachment 1013567 View attachment 1013568 View attachment 1013569 View attachment 1013570

The track is on sale... you'll find it with a Google search

10e this track? big joke, thanks for your work, i'll wait to see this skin when i can download this track from cs.rin

Regards AC AI, I find it pleasant to race with the AI, so long as you give them space and be aware that many times they brake in places most humans wont.

My biggest gripe having enjoyed the AI with AMS2 and Raceroom, is that many times they simply split and don't run as a gaggle of cars, so in a race of 20 odd it just splits up into a trail with gaps.

AMS2 has a lead group of about 4 to 5 cars all close and jockeying for positions...

I get that isn't always realistic, i mean take F1 for example, but its far more fun.

I don't think AI in AC is designed to race closely so they have like an invisible shield around them.
I can't ever remember going 3 wide into a corner in AC unless it was the first few corners.
And once you pass a car they just give up 9 times out of 10 in my experience.
It's not a whinge as its my most treasured PC title, its just an observation to see if anyone has found a way to improve it.

Also the USP of having AI use the same physics as the player always seemed a bit odd tome as the bots are not real.
Sometimes you see the AI jerking around and if you press ctrl + c and let AI drive your car you will see the same jerky inputs ...

Would be great to see some CSP improvements towards AI if i was asked.

The Mazda CUP for example should have in a race of 20 2 or three groups of cars in a gaggle chasing slip stream etc...
Instead you get a train of cars all in a line with big gaps between each.
And qualifying makes no sense to how they are in the race much of the time.

Sorry i vented.....love AC though....

Last edited:
Odd, as I regulalry race in AC and don't find them contently doing this. Now back at the original console launch I would have 100% agreed, but its not the case now and certainly not on PC with CSP's improved AI.

Is it perfect? Nope, of course not, but constant PIT maneuvers? Nope.
Perhaps it's something to do with the cars or the tracks I've been driving, but I'm willing to bet it's not that. Maybe there is an option I'm not using inside of CSP? I can't say I've noticed a large improvement from base AC in terms of AI.

The reason you are getting pit manoeuvred "constantly" is that you in the words of Alonso "Always have to leave the space" I have the same issue I'm not gonna lie. But I recognise that it's my error to fix not the ai error. I often have near misses. As often I'm in a faster car and think I'll be clear but am not.
The AI should react to you if you make a mistake though, or if you block their line, and they just don't. Go around a corner in game, start a drift and watch the AI, they will go straight into you at full speed without even attempting to slow down.

I have better races against the AI in AC than any other racing game I've played, either on or offline (with the exception of one organised league with my car club).
This part surprises me - the AI in Forza is clearly better if you play with advanced drivatars, RaceRoom's AI makes AC's seem like a joke, and AMS2 now has AI that is both intelligent and fun to race with. AC wins in almost every other way, but the AI just isn't a strength - at least with my current settings it's not - as stated above, I'm not sure if I have the best AI settings.

Regards AC AI, I find it pleasant to race with the AI, so long as you give them space and be aware that many times they brake in places most humans wont.

My biggest gripe having enjoyed the AI with AMS2 and Raceroom, is that many times they simply split and don't run as a gaggle of cars, so in a race of 20 odd it just splits up into a trail with gaps.

AMS2 has a lead group of about 4 to 5 cars all close and jockeying for positions...

I get that isn't always realistic, i mean take F1 for example, but its far more fun.

I don't think AI in AC is designed to race closely so they have like an invisible shield around them.
I can't ever remember going 3 wide into a corner in AC unless it was the first few corners.
It's not a whinge as its my most treasured PC title, its just an observation to see if anyone has found a way to improve it.

Also the USP of having AI use the same physics as the player always seemed a bit odd tome as the bots are not real.
Sometimes you see the AI jerking around and if you press ctrl + c and let AI drive your car you will see the same jerky inputs ...

Would be great to see some CSP improvements towards AI if i was asked.

The Mazda CUP for example should have in a race of 20 2 or three groups of cars in a gaggle chasing slip stream etc...
Instead you get a train of cars all in a line with big gaps between each.
And qualifying makes no sense to how they are in the race much of the time.

Sorry i vented.....love AC though....
I agree with everything you just said. I find that in AC you have to baby the AI constantly as you can't trust they will react to your movements like a human would, meanwhile in something like R3E or AMS 2 you can actually challenge the AI drivers with a strategy other than "stay the hell away from them and go off the race line so they don't hit me".

Then how come the AI in this game is still so garbage? It's almost impossible to race the AI in this game without having them constantly pit maneuver you.

I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but...

Over the years, I've observed a lot of novice drivers often make the same mistake, in sim-racing, on a real race track, and even on public roads (I live in a city with a lot of highways and heavy traffic). As they pass another car, it seems the moment the car is out of sight, meaning the front-end of the other car is out of their periphery vision, it's suddenly "out of sight, out of mind," and the driver begins to move over into the line (or lane) of the other car before they've completely passed it. It's a common mistake, as they misjudge the speed of the other car, and some drivers are even convinced the other car "sped up" or swerved and "pit maneuvered" them--when they didn't.

I pass a lot of other drivers, especially if there's a "reverse grid" race. It's a learning opportunity for everyone, as inexperienced drivers learn more about being passed, and experienced drivers practice their skills at overtaking. The most important thing they learn is to judge speed and anticipate what other drivers might or can do during each passing scenario, and keeping a "moving" amount of space around their car, front and BACK, at all times.

To echo what others have already said, I've removed blurred rims from almost all cars I've edited for the following reasons:

- It's added complexity, leaving it in means I need to make sure the blurred_objects.ini is correct, make sure all the materials/textures/shaders are set right and then most annoyingly, edit the textures in photoshop to colour them when creating new wheel colours in the CM showroom. Deleting everything to do with them takes 1-2 minutes, making sure everything works with them, probably about 5-10 minutes depending. That may seem trivial but a 3 minute difference when applied to 1,000 cars is 50 hours...

- There's little if any visual benefit, often the transition between blurred/non-blurred state is jarring even at a distance in replays. This is of course subjective.

- Performance gain isn't needed on my setup, in fact it's often better to reduce the object count, sometimes blurred wheels can be 6 or 7 objects per corner.

- The main argument for them seemed to come from photographers and now the CSP photo mode has rendered that argument redundant.

I came to AC from Forza and Gran Turismo, I can say that compared with those games, the AI in AC is fantastic. If you're getting constantly spun out by the AI then you might want to either have a look at your settings or your driving style, you can't be too aggressive with the AI, much like real people you need to leave space for them. I needed a bit of adjustment at first as well, but coupled with Helicorsa, I have better races against the AI in AC than any other racing game I've played, either on or offline (with the exception of one organised league with my car club).

I don't know how now, but when a few months ago I played Avtomobilist 2, the bots were very careful there, trying to avoid collisions as much as possible.
Cons of bots ac.
1. the nearest bot in front of you, arranges constant break tests.
2. the nearest bot behind you, arranges constant dive bombs.
3. bots do not like when their trajectories are crossed when overtaking, bots immediately rush in front of you (or directly at you).
4.bots are very bad at taking turns in parallel with you, if a bot goes inside a turn, it will definitely fly out, right into you))
and yes, I am not a hater ac, ac is my all-time favorite sim.
described the disadvantages based on my personal experience (the complexity of the bots is 100% aggression 100%) I run 99% of the time with bots in ac, I'm already used to it, and when you know all the habits of bots, I learned to avoid contact with them, but this does not mean that bots are in ac normal, no ...
sorry for my bad english.

View attachment 1013573

I finished this, all working perfectly on my side. Lights working and no texture problems. BUT, the error which other people are getting while joining the server states that LODs list is missing. So, what can I do to fix this and make it properly work also on other people machines? Runs fine on my system tho

https://mega.nz/file/VIpTwCxB#bId8FqCLWYZvz3nlPQBszWksETq1IrSnw6yCS3TaV7I link for whoever wants to analyze it. I'm nowhere near as good at modding but know just little bits

Try this YMMV. Remove the car and track folders from the server, there should be no mismatch then. Also check you have not overpopulated the server with more pit spots than the track has.

Speaking of ai, I don't remember having a better experience than rfactor, with the VLM-GTP mod, the reaction of the cars is (I think) the most realistic I have ever experienced.

It's funny, because the ai of rf1 is much better than the ai of rf2, much more "human".

I'm not sure if this is the case for you, but...
I would like to think that isn't the case for me, as I don't have any of these issues in online races, or in other racing sim/simcade games (including ACC so it seems the developers must agree with my comments, seeing as their newer game changes things). I do agree with your comments though, but I think @alexlockout has it nailed with his description of the flaws with the AC AI, especially when you add this observation
and my comment about the AI making no effort to avoid you when you block their path, especially while losing traction.

I don't know how now, but when a few months ago I played Avtomobilist 2, the bots were very careful there, trying to avoid collisions as much as possible.
Cons of bots ac.
1. the nearest bot in front of you, arranges constant break tests.
2. the nearest bot behind you, arranges constant dive bombs.
3. bots do not like when their trajectories are crossed when overtaking, bots immediately rush in front of you (or directly at you).
4.bots are very bad at taking turns in parallel with you, if a bot goes inside a turn, it will definitely fly out, right into you))
and yes, I am not a hater ac, ac is my all-time favorite sim.
described the disadvantages based on my personal experience (the complexity of the bots is 100% aggression 100%) I run 99% of the time with bots in ac, I'm already used to it, and when you know all the habits of bots, I learned to avoid contact with them, but this does not mean that bots are in ac normal, no ...
sorry for my bad english.
No need to say sorry, your english is perfectly fine, and I completely agree with what you've said.

Last edited:
Try this YMMV. Remove the car and track folders from the server, there should be no mismatch then. Also check you have not overpopulated the server with more pit spots than the track has.
sadly I've tried to do this before, but the issue would remain. I don't know why, shared the car to other people without leaving anything behind, but even reuploading it to Server Manager won't help with it. Because I think it's is an issue within the car, not the server, since the only car that was non-modded like this (adding lights) it's working fine for everyone. Also, I chose a mono-LOD car so that I would not have to make new ones after I added the lights. I'll try again with your solution but don't expect much from it since the past experiences

Hello everyone. Are there any enthusiasts who can help me make a new 3D model of LADA Revolution? I have little experience, I will do it for a very long time.
For making, I have a point cloud, a lot of photos. I wanted to do it with high quality and in detail, I did not calculate my strength)
acc287ee.jpg

Guesswork fictional skin based on current sponsors for the Miami circuit pay mod for those who have it.
The track itself lacks a lot of detail at the moment but hopefully the mod evolves quickly with updates because it's a fluid fast drive.
I'll add the skin to my 2021 pack as a bonus skin.
Here is a link for just the track skin (the track itself is not mine to share so don't ask)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3o810e9hvplxddd/Miami+Hard+Rock.rar/file

View attachment 1013553 View attachment 1013554 View attachment 1013555 View attachment 1013556 View attachment 1013557 View attachment 1013558 View attachment 1013559 View attachment 1013560 View attachment 1013561 View attachment 1013562 View attachment 1013563 View attachment 1013564 View attachment 1013565 View attachment 1013566 View attachment 1013567 View attachment 1013568 View attachment 1013569 View attachment 1013570

Is this for the Jack Shepherd mod?

BTW, it is on "sale" now for $3.99 BGP.

https://jackshepherdmod.square.site/product/miami-f1-circuit-for-assetto-corsa/1?cs=true&cst=custom

Thank you, the usual great job, even though I think that almost no one has the track..
After looking at the pics (not talking about the skin you made Blacky ;)) I don't feel a sudden urge to buy that either... :rolleyes:
Much better quality tracks available without the authors demanding money for it.

DiRT - Japan Special Stage (Race of Champions) v1.0

Screenshot_bacmono_rmi_dirt_japanss_26-5-121-23-50-3.jpg

Screenshot_bacmono_rmi_dirt_japanss_26-4-121-14-16-3.jpg

Screenshot_radical_sr3_lhd_rmi_dirt_japanss_28-5-121-17-51-44.jpg

Features:
- 4x pit/grid
- AI w/working timers
- CSP, GrassFX, Lighting

Credits:
@Codemasters - Original Track
@RMi_wood - Conversion
@shi - Track FX extras, cam, AI
@racealot - Extra trackside cameras

Known bug: Skidmark misaligned on one hill crest

How to race "R.O.C style":
Set one opponent. Complete at least 2 "laps" finishing at original start position (works best when set for 4 laps)
Cars to use: Medium to small trackday/hillclimb/rallycross cars like BAC Mono, KTM X-BOW, Toyota Celica st185, karts, etc.

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
DiRT - Japan Special Stage (Race of Champions) v1.0

View attachment 1013598
View attachment 1013602
View attachment 1013601

Features:
- 4x pit/grid
- AI w/working timers
- CSP, GrassFX, Lighting

Credits:
@Codemasters - Original Track
@RMi_wood - Conversion
@shi - Track FX extras, cam, AI
@racealot - Extra trackside cameras

Known bug: Skidmark misaligned on one hill crest

How to race "R.O.C style":
Set one opponent. Complete at least 2 "laps" finishing at original start position (works best when set for 4 laps)
Cars to use: Medium to small trackday/hillclimb cars like BAC Mono, KTM X-BOW, karts, etc.

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Nice little track
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_rmi_dirt_japanss_28-4-121-17-49-52.jpg

AI stuff, I don't know if I have rose tinted glasses on, but I just remember racing AIs in the older gMotor games like OG rFactor/GTR2/F1C 9902/GTL were more human feeling, they don't get "fluster" with player near them as much and I don't remember getting brake checked or turned into as much.

AC's AI I feel like if you are close to them they start doing weird things like trying to out brake you when you try to lap them in a faster car. They also have inconsistent awareness of your presence in that I've seen them sometimes leave you room when you are side by side with them, but other time they will turn in on you or spin you out if they never yield the corner. And yeah the brake checking in weird spots are annoying as well. Following an AI into Porsche Curve at Le Mans is like throwing a dice to see if you can make it out the other side...

Hey guys, how are you doing? Hope all is well. I'm looking for a Porsche 911 RSR 2020 Mod. I've been seeing the skins for some and even sound mods but I can't seem to find it. Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Thank you kindly for any help given.

Hey all, where do you change the default value for ABS and Traction Control on the setups page? setup.ini doesn't have that and I can't seem to change it from the default value.

The only 'eyes' in this Sim are when using the on board view and although you can see other car's wheels I'm usually far too busy to notice if they have blur or not.
Every other view is a camera, and cameras have a frame rate thus causing the 'stepping' we see.
The lack of wheel blur is more 'correct' than having it.
20 years ago the wheels didn't turn at all so blur was needed to simulate them rotating.
10 years ago a nicely detailed wheel could be modeled but having to compute all those polys in rotation was too expensive so wheel blur was used to save resources.
Today, whilst Potato users may appreciate the resource saving, it is otherwise not needed.
Screenshots need not be rendered in realtime and any amount of processing can be applied.

"The lack of wheel blur is more 'correct' than having it." Maybe lay off the exhaust pipe a bit... :lol: but before you do be sure to tell that to every racing game developer. Don't forget Kunos!

"Every other view is a camera, and cameras have a frame rate thus causing the 'stepping' we see." Thanks for clarifying the limitations of technology thus why it is actually correct and for good reason why rim blur is implemented the way it is. 👍

Thanks for your opinion's ZeroG... Hopefully Tony can come along and answer the question. 👍

If not, oh well. As long as everyone is enjoying their laps that's all that counts! :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back