Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
I added replay cameras for yard and yard_rev layouts of rt_bannochbrae v1.1.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bannochbrae-replay-camera.42227/

Screenshot_ks_toyota_supra_mkiv_rt_bannochbrae_31-4-121-11-26-35.jpg

Random question:

After recording AI sidelines, they will stick for one race but then, when restarting the race through CM, the AI sidelines revert to how they were before.

Checking the data folder afterwards, the sideline files are in there, they are just being ignored after the first race with them.

This isn't something I've seen before. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Last edited:
View attachment 1014041

Autodromo Internacional de Goiânia - Version 2.1

CHANGELOG 2.1
- Fixed materials, textures and objects
- Replaced and added some objects on the track
- Trees reworked from scratch
- Added animated objects
- Starting lights working
- Updated the VAO file
- Configuration file updated
- Added Rain FX
- Fixed track positioning based on geotag
- Added UI file
- Updated previews and track maps
- Various fix by @norms
- New cams by @DaBaeda

DOWNLOAD
https://www.mediafire.com/file/071mf1dj4jzk1cb/vhe_goiania_2.1.rar/file

Thanks for this update VheEth. It's very nice.:cheers:

Last edited:
Alright, I briefly searched through this thread and didn't notice anything about this:

https://gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/t4847-jgtc-gt300-gt500
showro18.jpg

Has this mod ever been released anywhere?

Here is the car: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f1at...16.3%29_%28By_KENNETH_%26_unknown%29.rar/file

I've had this a long time. From when KENNETH first opened his Discord group back in August 2019. I think it's been converted from GTR2. I don't think that the original GTR2 model was ever released or completed though.

It would be good if someone could update this though.

NICE! Appreciated.. I know this might seem a bit beggarly of me, but you wouldnt perhaps happen to have a similarly curated collection of skins for the amazing pessio porknose '20?
Sorry, I haven't because I'm not really an open wheeler fan and don't have the car...;)
If I had, I would gladly help you out with the skins.
But I see the skins passing by on a regular base on RD, should be not too time consuming to find them using the search function.

Sorry, I haven't because I'm not really an open wheeler fan and don't have the car...;)
If I had, I would gladly help you out with the skins.
But I see the skins passing by on a regular base on RD, should be not too time consuming to find them using the search function.

but.. but.. id have to actually do something myself?!

seriously though,

Give that porknose a go though.. on '65 Sandevoerde!! Its a blast!

upload_2021-5-31_20-59-59.png

but.. but.. id have to actually do something myself?!

seriously though,

Give that porknose a go though.. on '65 Sandevoerde!! Its a blast!

View attachment 1014243

:lol:
Maybe I will when there's a bit more time. For now I already have too much open wheelers to my taste (but sometimes I can't resist).
- Williams FW16 from ASR (seeing my avatar, this choice would be obvious) ;)
- Gary Paterson's Auto Union Type C
- The five (iirc) Nicecuppatea classic 1923's
- Russel Alexis from Stereo
- Legion's F Ford and F Vee.
I may have some well made modern Formula cars backed up on my system too, but I really don't like driving/racing them.

Edit: while posting another candidate for my ignore list presented himself... This while that list was empty until today. Saves several pages of reading nonsense...

Last edited:
Hi all, there was a mod pack for Formula Americas 2020 that had all the 2020 liveries on RD. It's now gone from RD and I had it installed, but I made a mistake while installing mods and accidentally deleted the skins. Does anyone have them installed?

yes works very well
skins pack here : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rss-formula-americas-replica-liveries.33321/
Custom championship for CM :
https://claudiowrc74.wixsite.com/simracing/championship-mods-assetto-corsa

Are you referring to a track skin? I ask because the layout in your video looks very similar to modern Laguna Seca. Legion’s blog has a historic LS track that may interest you.
Feels like the track mesh was changed, cannot be sure but looks like this might have started life as the AC track then beefed up, roadmesh is very Sebringesque , might be wrong though on its origin, should have been clear the track in the clip is in RF2

I reckon this thread could use a distraction. Here's some pictures of WIP cars I have reworked from existing mods, this is a 'small' sample, there are around a thousand others and I'm halfway through my list that I started this time last year, there's also 300+ new car models on a pipeline for conversion into AC. If I don't get side-tracked then I estimate a veritable conveyor-belt of releases will start towards the end of next year, that is of course if the modding community hasn't been killed off by a lack of Mazda RX-7s and BMW M4s.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-assetto-corsa-photo-thread.290292/page-161#post-13421299

Last edited by a moderator:
On a positive note, I want to give a few examples of how members of the modding community worked together to improve both car and track mods, and everyone benefited from it, including the modders that originally released them. These mods were improved without having to hack or decrypt them. These are just a few of many examples...

1. On this forum, I posted about how Aosta could really use an update. Within the next couple of days, members of this forum developed new config files, skins, and more. It went from an "outdated" mod to one of the best looking mods available.

2. Valerbanen became a hot topic recently. Originally re-released and improved by Legion, a few members applied their different touches and improvements. Now it's an even better track mod.

3. Rudskogen, the current version originally from a drift group, has been improved by members of this forum, and will possibly be improved even more over the next few weeks. It might even be improved more with lidar data.

4. Many car mods needed some tweaking and adjustment. Several notable members pitched in to adjust driver placement, fix shifting animations, remove driver heads (that affect VR users), adjust gauge displays, adjust shaders, and several other things. In some cases, the original modder consolidated all of the revisions and re-released the mod.

Now, briefly, on a negative note, there have been a few mods that badly needed these tweaks and adjustments from other helpful members of the community. However, they couldn't do anything, and the mod often remained in its' "broken" and "unfinished" form. What's worse, when the original modder was contacted about making the changes, they often either ignored the requests, or worse, argued about making the updates, or it was "their way, or the highway." I even read a long statement from one modder not wanting to provide standard previews of his mods, but instead, audacious, busy previews featuring a variety of showrooms--and he insulted those who didn't want that. Of course, these are the worst examples.

To end on a positive note, the best mods are either improved by the original modder that listens to feedback and appreciates it, makes the improvements himself, and re-released the mod, -OR- the mod is improved with the contribution of many.

THIS is what the modding community is about. Whether mods are encrypted or not, the positive examples above are what will improve and sustain this community over time.

Last edited:
On a positive note, I want to give a few examples of how members of the modding community worked together to improve both car and track mods, and everyone benefited from it, including the modders that originally released them. These mods were improved without having to hack or decrypt them. These are just a few of many examples...

1. On this forum, I posted about how Aosta could really use an update. Within the next couple of days, members of this forum developed new config files, skins, and more. It went from an "outdated" mod to one of the best looking mods available.

2. Valerbanen became a hot topic recently. Originally re-released and improved by Legion, a few members applied their different touches and improvements. Now it's an even better track mod.

3. Rudskogen, the current version originally from a drift group, has been improved by members of this forum, and will possibly be improved even more over the next few weeks. It might even be improved more with lidar data.

4. Many car mods needed some tweaking and adjustment. Several notable members pitched in to adjust driver placement, fix shifting animations, remove driver heads (that affect VR users), adjust gauge displays, adjust shaders, and several other things. In some cases, the original modder consolidated all of the revisions and re-released the mod.

Now, briefly, on a negative note, there have been a few mods that badly needed these tweaks and adjustments from other helpful members of the community. However, they couldn't do anything, and the mod often remained in its' "broken" and "unfinished" form. What's worse, when the original modder was contacted about making the changes, they often either ignored the requests, or worse, argued about making the updates, or it was "their way, or the highway." I even read a long statement from one modder not wanting to provide standard previews of his mods, but instead, audacious, busy previews featuring a variety of showrooms--and he insulted those who didn't want that. Of course, these are the worst examples.

To end on a positive note, the best mods are either improved by the original modder that listens to feedback and appreciates it, makes the improvements himself, and re-released the mod, -OR- the mod is improved with the contribution of many.

THIS is what the modding community is about. Whether mods are encrypted or not, the positive examples above are what will improve and sustain this community over time.

You can add my version of Albacete to this list. When I first released it on here, several people gave me positive feedback to help me improve it, and many others volunteered their own updates and additions which allowed me to complete it to a level that I was satisfied with.
There is a great community here, and it seems a shame that a certain group of people gang up to come and create drama here every few weeks.

To everyone having trouble getting new side lines (track limits) to load all the time:

This problem can be caused by old .BIN and other .AI files in the AI folder of any track. They are created by CM to help load the track quicker it seems. The problem is when new side lines are created and then embedded into the fast_lane.ai, they aren't carried over to the .BIN or .AI files that were created by CM previously.

So in order to not have to hold down the shift key every time, just delete everything in the AI folder except the fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai.
Do this AFTER U have already embedded the new sidelines in the fast_lane.ai file. When CM loads the track next time it will create new .BIN and.AI files as needed and they will have the new side lines in then

A batch file can be made to delete these files on either a global basis or track by track I would say, don't U think?

So long and thanks for all the fish :-)

To everyone having trouble getting new side lines (track limits) to load all the time:

This problem can be caused by old .BIN and other .AI files in the AI folder of any track. They are created by CM to help load the track quicker it seems. The problem is when new side lines are created and then embedded into the fast_lane.ai, they aren't carried over to the .BIN or .AI files that were created by CM previously.

So in order to not have to hold down the shift key every time, just delete everything in the AI folder except the fast_lane.ai and pit_lane.ai.
Do this AFTER U have already embedded the new sidelines in the fast_lane.ai file. When CM loads the track next time it will create new .BIN and.AI files as needed and they will have the new side lines in then

A batch file can be made to delete these files on either a global basis or track by track I would say, don't U think?

So long and thanks for all the fish :-)

Thank you :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back