Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,708 comments
The obvious problem with that list is that he groups all "bad mods" the same, no matter what they did "wrong".
Seeing Easy added lods to an A3DR mod, A3DR should definitely be listed in "bad mods", right? Should we let rusty know?
That question alone is the reason that list should disappear forever.
But that's not how it works? If Easy decides to add LODs that aren't made using the kunos pipeline instructions that's on him, not on AD3r, especially when AD3r most likely did not even ask Easy to make the LODs. I don't even know how you managed to come up with that question.

TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Pineda GP by @shi
(Feel free to use for future update if you want)

The UPDATE includes also the AI by @Rainmaker87 because the tv cams are based on his lines (thanks for that!)

• New EXT_CONFIG (RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX)
  • New TV Cams

DOWNLOAD -> https://sharemods.com/ff8vaw57varb/Shin_PinedaGP__UPDATES_.zip.html

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 20.44.15.79.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 20.44.20.49.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 20.44.30.48.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 20.44.38.48.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 20.44.45.80.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 20.44.50.86.png
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2021.06.20 - 20.45.16.16.png

This is not the best for our ears 😇.
However I think that they are very interesting cars. May in the future we ll have some good mods for AC:gtpflag:

The obvious problem with that list is that he groups all "bad mods" the same, no matter what they did "wrong".
Seeing Easy added lods to an A3DR mod, A3DR should definitely be listed in "bad mods", right? Should we let rusty know?
That question alone is the reason that list should disappear forever.
Regarding honda s800, afaik a3dr already included lod B,C in previous update.

Oh Nice, I'm on the bad list, please don't download anything I make guys.

Using my Real name and not my online alias aswell, cool!
The only problem I have with some of your tracks is that I can forget I'm using them sometimes and when I go into a replay without cameras I can accidentally crash the game.

Other than that I think you make some of the best fictional tracks for the game.

Are you using Blender? If yes then what is not working and what tutorial are you using?

They look like they have rubbish shader settings, probably KS ambient is set too low, but KS diffuse is set alright. What that means is that they will look okay under light, i.e. in game but not in certain previews. You can download these presets to fix the basic properties (albeit I can say from experience that they almost certainly need texture improvements), just drop them under Documents>Assetto Corsa>Editor>Materials Library

You can then apply them to different materials in the CM showroom.
1624216215480.png

I manually edited the "KS Ambient" to 0.4
They look so much better now as far as some SimDream mods go

Screenshot_pb_prowler_lilski_watkins_glen_20-5-121-15-25-30.jpg

Just more of a general PSA than anything, but today might be the best day ever in AC modding history. The Plymouth Prowler, AKA the greatest car ever made, is now available for AC by PedroBLR. Not sure where it's ripped from but the model is pretty decent. So a good addition to your AI traffic or you can even drive it in a race like I did if you're insane enough.

Last edited:
COMING SOON - TRACK UPDATE by CrisT86

Paul Ricard 2021 & Paul Ricard 2019 (v0.9.7 updated)

Sorry guys if i was away in the last days, but i got my first covid vaccine dose and i got fever for 2-3 days and a bit of pain basically everywhere, hair includeed 😂😅

New EXT_CONFIG for Paul Ricard which works on the version by @marc_13000 @Blackcelica also on the 2019 version (which was an update of the v0.9.7 version available on RD). They will be 2 different ext_config because, even the tracks are the same, both requires small different fixes.

View attachment 1061312
View attachment 1061313
View attachment 1061314
View attachment 1061315
View attachment 1061316
View attachment 1061317
View attachment 1061318
PAUL RICARD 2019 (v0.9.7 retextured)

PAUL RICARD 2021 by @marc_13000

Enjoy

MG6 PRO XPOWER TCR v1.1
HiPole / ACTK
Add lod 1 2 3
Fixed collider.kn5
Fixed tyres.ini
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1304

mg6_pro_xpower_tcr.png
Might be worth mentioning that you compressed the hell out of the original textures which has reduced the file size, but has made the cockpit a dark and muddy 8-bit place. The external livery is now a bit of a pixellated mush too.
Also... the original car already had three LODs..?
Your car also overwrites Hipole's original. It takes seconds to clone a car and give it a unique identity (copy car folder... rename folder to your own choice... open car in CM... copy sound from original car.... restart CM... THAT'S IT) so there's absolutely no excuse to effectively delete the original (and sometimes much better) car and force your own updates to overwrite it.

Last edited:
"This is more akin to a compiled peer-review of their work based on large amounts of feedback from the community and my own experiences."

Ok, let's test that theory with Tyrone. His last 10 mods all have an average higher than 4 stars on RD.

What about RMI_Wood? 15 AC tracks all have higher than 4.

Also, what's the need for the bad list? Just have a good list. So new users get information on "good" modders.

Last edited:
"This is more akin to a compiled peer-review of their work based on large amounts of feedback from the community and my own experiences."

Ok, let's test that theory with Tyrone. His last 10 mods all have an average higher than 4 stars on RD.

What about RMI_Wood? 15 AC tracks all have higher than 4.

Also, what's the need for the bad list? Just have a good list. So new users get information on "good" modders.

Instead of removing bad modders section, they could just put scammers in it. Makes much more sense.

Might be worth mentioning that you compressed the hell out of the original textures which has reduced the file size, but has made the cockpit a dark and muddy 8-bit place. The external livery is now a bit of a pixellated mush too.
Also... the original car already had three LODs..?
Your car also overwrites Hipole's original. It takes seconds to clone a car and give it a unique identity (copy car folder... rename folder to your own choice... open car in CM... copy sound from original car.... restart CM... THAT'S IT) so there's absolutely no excuse to effectively delete the original (and sometimes much better) car and force your own updates to overwrite it.
too late for me :( only noticed the texture issues AFTER i updated. Anyone got the link back to the original please, or if no longer around can you hit the undo button a few times please Easy.

If anyone is going to work on this car (assuming the author has given permission or at least knows about it), it needs a remesh, its quite low poly in many places, I realise thats harder work than slapping in some lines in a config, but, that would be a nice update.

View attachment 1061360

Just more of a general PSA than anything, but today might be the best day ever in AC modding history. The Plymouth Prowler, AKA the greatest car ever made, is now available for AC by PedroBLR. Not sure where it's ripped from but the model is pretty decent. So a good addition to your AI traffic or you can even drive it in a race like I did if you're insane enough.

Erik Wispelwey, on Facebook, is making an LS-swap, 5-speed manual version, with a few other adjustments to the model, like different wheels and tires, and smaller front bumpers. Apparently he started with the same 3D model.

A real LS-swapped, 5-speed manual Prowler with front bumpers removed. I do like the color scheme.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/35527...peed-porsche-manual-is-finally-a-real-hot-rod

1624222584796.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1061360

Now we need the Panoz Roadster :D

Question for the lmp guys.. I have 63 trillion Oreca's in my library now, but, whichg one is this, and is it in AC?

Found it on the web labelled Sigmatech Nissan Oreca

View attachment 1061240
View attachment 1061241
Had to create another account as my google account isn't working at the moment currently the signatech oreca 03 is both 2011 and 2012. use the KC version which is our rework of the original oreca but use simdream's oreca's to get the skins. I'm going to try and convert their skins onto our cars and reupload our cars with the skins currently in use.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back