Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
Oh man, people getting salty over Ilja not releasing stuff is honestly stupid IMO. You all should take a hard look into yourselves. A few points to clarify regarding his patreon and the people who get the new builds early-

1. He isn't obligated to release anything, he has done a lot to improve this simulator and we should be grateful for what we have. We have stuff that the employees at Kunos couldn't/want to implement.

2. He isn't forcing anyone to support him on Patreon, you don't have a gun on your head asking you to donate monthly. if you have this much of an issue just stop your subscription and use the free versions when they eventually roll out.

3. He isn't netting the entire amount that is shown on Patreon. Firstly Patreon also takes a considerable cut, then he also has to pay for the servers that are used in AC (acstuff.ru), and in addition to this JPG is also involved in the project and he is a master physics developer who is implementing much complex physics stuff in CSP. For those who don't know who JPG is, he was responsible for the IER P13C which is arguably the best physics implementation to date in AC.

4.Also the people who you call beta of beta testers are actually alpha testers, they make sure the game doesn't do irreversible damage to your PC, sometimes these builds can cause crashes that can cause permanent damage to your PC as well. If he was to release that you all would probably complain that he released a half-made mod and then talk about how he's making tonnes of money.

The main point is the 1st one, no one owes anyone anything. We are lucky that some people are really passionate about mods and are making mods and sharing them here. So before we make baseless claims we should look at what we have.
(I apologize if my tone is a bit harsh, honestly I'm not that great in English especially with conveying stuff online)

Thanks for the fix, I tried both layouts, but it still doesn't work. Maybe that's because the pit lane it a bit lower than the s/f line (don't know whether that even makes a difference at all). Also I noticed that as soon as I enter pit lane my lap gets invalidated, don't remember whether that's normal or not
Invalidated lap time in pitlane is fine, now i fixed the problem of the lapping.

Skyten - St Zhejiang - FULL TRACK fixed with lap timing

@Masscot

@All: Delete the older version and keep this one.

the preview 33 is 3 days old, you say a lot without knowing anything
OK fine, it was another that was leaked then, i see your flavour of the month all of sudden with someone now he found out you are testing for Ilja... few days ago he was slagging you off for just doing LODS and releasing under a donation platform....

Would be nice if we could all have the beta of the beta.
If the reason we can't all have these newer CSP's is because they need testing first, then it doesn't say much for the testing team if the actual releases are all bugged in someway or another.

Does anyone have a alternate download link for the Hyundai Genesis GT4?? The download link on AssetoLand is not working, it just leads to a deleted file message on MEGA.

Here's a link to the most recent version. I think the one on Assettoland is quite old at this point.

Version 1.2 saw the introduction of wipers, LODs, some texture/shader updates and in this link I've also included every skin I could find that was compatible with this 3D model for convenience.

Also it's been a long time but thanks again to @norms for the wipers and LOD work (before CM added the feature) and @Beezer215 for the click very noice handling.

Last edited:
Here's a link to the most recent version. I think the one on Assettoland is quite old at this point.

Version 1.2 saw the introduction of wipers, LODs, some texture/shader updates and in this link I've also included every skin I could find that was compatible with this 3D model for convenience.

Also it's been a long time but thanks again to @norms for the wipers and LOD work (before CM added the feature) and @Beezer215 for the click very noice handling.

Gee i wonder why that download on AssetoLand haven't been updated...

OK fine, it was another that was leaked then, i see your flavour of the month all of sudden with someone now he found out you are testing for Ilja... few days ago he was slagging you off for just doing LODS and releasing under a donation platform....
Is this aimed at me?

Austria 2021: BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich - Track Skin 2.2.1

By: Random Finn

This is a significant update I made to my recent track skin to adjust sponsors, trees, and the palette for the 2021 Von Österreich Austrian Grand Prix.​
My apologies! A RaceDepartment user by the name of webcrumb informed me that I had forgotten to put in a ui_track_skin.json file in the skin.

Here it is, just paste it into the existing skin file.

JSON FILE HERE:

Last edited:
hey guys ,i have a question,i have a mod that the bottom of the tires are under the asphalt ,what is the value that i can get them in the correct height in the data .ini

@Gas12 I'm really sorry that you think Ilja isn't working hard enough to deliver CSP to your own personal standards or timescale but please don't throw salt in my direction just because I disagree with you. People are allowed to express contrasting opinions on a discussion board.
you often do it to other people

Hi guys!

Volvo S60R BTCC

View attachment 1064722

Credits

Goran Martensson / Mahem3000 / ACTK / FaB

Thanks to all of the above for the car in its current state. I had already added wipers, LODs and AO etc to this mod. So with recent update but not including all I have also done I thought I'd share another update combined with easy release. This is new to 1.2 -

. added AO to skin
. new body map
. updated paint shaders to match Kunos standard
. replaced placement mirror texture with a proper mirror plus changed shader to reflect
. added AO to wheels
. new more optimized LODs
. white testing skin that you can change colour with in paint shop

I plan to update this more but thought I would get this out at the weekend. Mirrors need better mapping and @Masscot wants gear shrinking? I'll also make a better template for skin maker as it would be very nice to have more skins for this mod. And a few other small things to tweak.

Download - Volvo S60R BTCC

Please enjoy and have a nice weekend!
-FaB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 32
@Gas12 I'm really sorry that you think Ilja isn't working hard enough to deliver CSP to your own personal standards or timescale but please don't throw salt in my direction just because I disagree with you. People are allowed to express contrasting opinions on a discussion board.
I am happy on the build i use, i wouldn't be bothered if he packed up shop and worked solely on AMS2.

I think you aim quite a bit at some modders though like EASY for example but get offended if someone does the same.
EASY for example owes nothing to anyone but gets a fair bit of flack.
Anyway not really bothered England play in a bit.

I am happy on the build i use, i wouldn't be bothered if he packed up shop and worked solely on AMS2.

I think you aim quite a bit at some modders though like EASY for example but get offended if someone does the same.
EASY knows why I (and others) sometimes criticise his practices and it's got nothing to do with your entitled demands of Ilja, but nice job on the attempted deflection. It almost worked.

not me, there is still so much to finish on CSP

Does anyone still have this mod? All the links are dead :x Thx guys
View media item 66781
Modiefied to version 0.2

-Rims changed to the correct OZ Racing
-Changed exhaust position
-Changed flames position
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed engine power
-Changed turbocharging control
-Changed texturface of the front indicators
-Changed settings of AWD drives
-Changed tyres and their size
-Changed position of the tank
-Change gearshifts to the original from EVO 5 RS
-Changed steering settings
-Revised tyre shaders
-Added car description
-Added new tires Yokohama Slicks

If anyone is interested in a new version, the link below

ag_mitsubishi_lancer_evo5_Mines.rar - 52.2 MB

Maybe someone is willing to improve the interior ..... ??

Hi guys!

Volvo S60R BTCC - v1.22

View attachment 1064722

Credits

Goran Martensson / Mahem3000 / ACTK / FaB

Thanks to all of the above for the car in its current state. I had already added wipers, LODs and AO etc to this mod. So with recent update but not including all I have also done I thought I'd share another update combined with easy release. This is new to 1.22 -

. added AO to skin
. new body map
. updated paint shaders to match Kunos standard
. replaced placement mirror texture with a proper mirror plus changed shader to reflect
. added AO to wheels
. new more optimized LODs
. white testing skin that you can change colour with in paint shop

I plan to update this more but thought I would get this out at the weekend. Mirrors need better mapping and @Masscot wants gear shrinking? I'll also make a better template for skin maker as it would be very nice to have more skins for this mod. And a few other small things to tweak.

Download - Volvo S60R BTCC

Please enjoy and have a nice weekend!
-FaB
Thanks to the private messages, I messed up the LODs I am really sorry. I have updated to 1.22 with correct LODs now also stitching transparent fixed. Link updated please re download.

-FaB

Last edited:
EASY knows why I (and others) sometimes criticise his practices and it's got nothing to do with your entitled demands of Ilja, but nice job on the attempted deflection. It almost worked.
You missed the bit where i said i wouldn't care if he solely went to work on AMS2.

Hardly entitled is it?
I am happy where my AC is at right now which is about 4 builds back from the latest one.
I pay £1 a month to keep access to patroen still, because, well its a quid.

Last edited:
Making good lighting is something that is being extremely difficult for me, I cannot find the balance point between light and dark, at certain times of the day the part of the buildings that is in the sun is bright while the part that is in shadow is too dark.

I have only changed the first two values in the ksperpixel tab, I have tried between 0.20 and 0.30 but I do not get a satisfactory result.

In addition, in lighting you not only have to set that in ksedit, everything changes when you use another ppf, many things are what make up the lighting in AC

I also think that doing it from my monitor that I think has an imbalance in brightness more than anything because it is a TN panel and it may already have lost properties.

Can someone remind me how we get rid of these annoying half patched car notifications, as I recal it had something to do with a version number that had to be editted.

(ie: you can update these but they always remain there asking to be updated again, to exactly the same version)

1625341132520.png

Last edited:
Can someone remind me how we get rid of these annoying half patched car notifications, as I recal it had something to do with a version number that had to be editted.

(ie: you can update these but they always remain there asking to be updated again, to exactly the same version)

View attachment 1064770
I have the same problem and also the notification of RT Most, Brannochbrae and Most even they are up-to-date

View attachment 1064770

I'm not sure, but my guess is in here.

1625341910578.png

Being enough to add an * as a prefix.

1625341989508.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back