Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,754 comments
Hi, I was comparing the various version of Monaco and the 2019 one has a different file size for the monacophysics.kn5 (577 instead of 559kb) compared to 2017/2021 ... is there any difference there (and what does that file even do)?
Are you seriously asking about 18kb?? It's probably because of a mini adjustment to the collision with the new live video screens dropped in.

Don't take it too seriously, it's more fun that way. And remember, you asked for it.

*Pedantic pixelchasing perfectionists need not apply.

When_you_finish_giving_a_presentation_that_went_terribly.gif

From an alternate universe where Pikes Peak (America's highest in stature and altitude) hill climb event was paved by Lightning McQueen comes "Pikes Peak DiRTy - A hillclimb parody".

The full tarmac stage from DiRT Rally won't extract so I took the gravel version, smoothed the gravel road and tarmac modded it. It's not as bad as it sounds. It was made for personal enjoyment; take it or leave it.

Are you seriously asking about 18kb?? It's probably because of a mini adjustment to the collision with the new live video screens dropped in.
Yea, why not? My guess was that the slightly bigger file fixed something from 2017 to 2019 and that the 2021 version then did not have said fix because it uses the same file as 2017. And since you've done the 2021 track i thought you'd know what it does and which track version you based that update on 2017 or 2019. As i wrote i have no actual clue what that file is even supposed to do but even those 18kb could theoretically contain some important changes, no?

But from the sound of it there shouldn't really be any difference whatsover, right?

Last edited:

anybody got a tutorial on how to do these kind of cinematic videos? I always find camtool lacking that "camera shake"

Dunno what that used, but you can add shaking and other movement (if you're willing to crop a bit) along with motion blur and other filters and effects in the edit. You're not limited to AC's effects (although they are a lot less work when you capture them in-game to start with, but some of AC's effects cost too much FPS - depends how powerful your PC is - and half-speed playback with doublespeed render isn't real consistent either).
As you'd be able to tell, the overlays and some effects seen there can only be done in the edit.

In terms of what you capture to start with, there's also freecam movement (F5 remains stuck to the car, F7 will fly anywhere and still point at the selected car with camtool on), and you can edit a car's F6 cameras too (in-game with Dev mode on).

I'd love to do modern cinematic as well, but so far my editing skills have only progressed far enough for the styles of Getaway in Stockholm's amateur look with a Bugatti Chiron at Shuto, sports event promo (or sports movie trailer) with the Apex 2020 Indycars at Cathedral Rock, and magazine style (like the ones the team used to make for my scripts at EMG) to demo the cams I made for Warwick Farm (that you now get with the track).

Last edited:
Don't take it too seriously, it's more fun that way. And remember, you asked for it.

View attachment 1068181

From an alternate universe where Pikes Peak (America's highest in stature and altitude) hill climb event was paved by Lightning McQueen comes "Pikes Peak DiRTy - A hillclimb parody".

The full tarmac stage from DiRT Rally won't extract so I took the gravel version, smoothed the gravel road and tarmac modded it. It's not as bad as it sounds. It was made for personal enjoyment; take it or leave it.

Looks quite good so far.I personally don't know any visually better version. Only this long thin object doesn't fit there. What is that - a space elevator? 😉

Edit.: Oh, and too bad there are no sector times.

Screenshot_teslamodel3mpp_dr_pikes_17-6-121-20-0-32.png

Last edited:
Try adjusting the differential. I've found that a lot of race cars that don't turn the way I want or that have excessive wheel slip under breaking or under power have differential settings that could be better. I usually turn down the lock under power to something around 30%. The coast settings can change how the car turns on initial turn in and mid corner grip. It has a huge impact. Once you've done that, look at your rear sway bar settings (make them less), front sway bar settings (make them more), or give the rear more rebound damping and less impact damping.
that wont work on this car as the tires are pretty screwed. It will have all the grip you could need then the next thing you know, you are driving on ice. No setup will fix that. there was a post a while back where someone reworked/swapped the physics and made it drivable.

Porsche 911 EVO GT1 v1.1
Assetto Garage / ACTK
Fix or update:
cameras.ini
car.ini
digital_instruments.ini
lights.ini
tyres.ini
colliders.ini
suspensions.ini
collider.kn5
Add lod
Add wipers
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1334

ag_porsche_911evo_gt1.png
looks like the URD version. Which is better?

Porsche 911 EVO GT1 v1.11
Assetto Garage / ACTK
Fix or update:
cameras.ini
car.ini
digital_instruments.ini
lights.ini
tyres.ini
colliders.ini
suspensions.ini
collider.kn5
Add lod
Add wipers
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1334

ag_porsche_911evo_gt1.png
v1.11
Fixed wheel in 3d model

ps:
the version of assetto garage dates from 2015, if urd made a version it should have taken the 3d model of assetto garage and not the reverse

Last edited:

View attachment 1068181

Thanks for releasing this, quite a fun track to drive on.

Have you released any other tarmac stages? I checked a couple of your videos and most of them seem to be gravel stages.

This includes the last animation I tried. It's close, but still not perfect.
Thanks man, that's close enough in peripheral vision to let me switch to sequential shifter rather than the paddles.
I tweaked the shift timing a bit, try this in data/driver3d.ini

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=175
POSITIVE_TIME=10
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=300
PRELOAD_RPM=8500
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

This is one of those weird animations where the main motion is governed mainly by the BLEND_TIME rather than the POSITIVE_TIME intergers.

@__EASY__ Very nice job with the wiper and rain glass. Fits the car well. I think you can safely add @ApexVGear 's shifting animation with my timing tweak above.

Also, I tweaked the data/digital_instruments.ini to seat the LCD digits on the face of the dispay (they were floating in VR before)

Swap this in to replace items 0-3:

[ITEM_0]
PARENT=GEAR
POSITION=-0.045,-0.045,-0.001
TYPE=GEAR
SIZE=0.080
COLOR=10,10,10,255
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_big
ALIGN=CENTER

[ITEM_1]
PARENT=LCD
POSITION=0.020,-0.03,-0.001
TYPE=RPM
SIZE=0.010
COLOR=10,10,10,255
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_med
ALIGN=CENTER

[ITEM_2]
PARENT=LCD
POSITION=-0.028,-0.038,-0.001
TYPE=SPEED
SIZE=0.031
COLOR=10,10,10,255
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_big
ALIGN=CENTER
UNITS=KMH

[ITEM_3]
PARENT=LCD
POSITION=-0.050,-0.03,-0.001
TYPE=FUEL
SIZE=0.010
COLOR=10,10,10,255
PREFIX=
POSTFIX=L
INTENSITY=1
FONT=led_med
ALIGN=CENTER

Last edited:
As a big fan of the Vertigo (from my GTR2 days), I couldn't move fast enough to try it...or fast enough to bin it. Terminal understeer. I could dial some of it out with absurd setup values, but not all of it. And the brakes were better on my Radio Flyer kid's wagon.
@Real Toonces do you still have your physics tweaks?
I wouldn't mind trying them if you do.

@Real Toonces do you still have your physics tweaks?
I wouldn't mind trying them if you do.
Nah, I binned everything. I'd tried all the usual stuff: neg toe F&R (to make it more twitchy), softened the springs/shox/bars at the F, stiffened @ the rear. Adjusted the cambers to get ca. 6 deg. F difference across the tread at the F; ca. 5 deg. R. Don't remember my diff settings; prob 30/40 or 30/45. Went for some rake (higher @ R). Everything in my bag of tricks. Could barely hold it in line around Road America's Carousel; never managed to keep it out of the wall negotiating the Kink. But, like I said, the brakes were graunchy, making the car skitter around no matter what the brake balance was. I often wonder if these mod makers drive their cars in anger before releasing them or if they just don't understand how to make a proper setup.

OTOH, great sfx file!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back