Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
I'm stumped, the code which directs the Bayro's dashboard to cast shadows doesn't work. It worked once, but when I changed a line of code below it, it breaks. I'm not sure if its something to do with the formatting or the mesh itself.

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = hd_cpit_alcantara
CAST_SHADOWS = 1
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW = 1
DOUBLE_FACE_SHADOW_BIASED = 1

Am I doing this wrong?

Edit: The shader replacement code ninja'd and oddly worked again :confused:

Edit 2: It suspect that the ext_config code in the main car directory is clashing with the other config files in the custom skins (those without the lumirank code works fine), causing the shadow glitch.
🤔

Edit 3: Thought so! Go in to your downloaded skin folder's ext_config file and if you see this line (default URD skins is free of this issue):

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = LED_Panel
SHADER = ksPerPixelMultiMap_emissive
FILL_MISSING_TEXTURES = 1
PROP_... = emSkipDiffuseMap, 1
PROP_... = ksEmissive, 200, 200, 200

You can either delete this line, or tell CSP to ignore the code with semicolons. It's the very same line of code in the default config file URD made. :boggled:

I'll share this with you folks and let me know whether it works on your end. That said, I've made some new CSP additions and adjustments to the Bayro:
  • DRL and Tail lamp now stays on, like this
    and
  • Steering wheels buttons are now illuminated
  • Dashboard now casts shadow
  • Added new normal texture for the exhaust pipe, now with a textured look
  • Updated headlight texture, illumination and PBR
  • Updated tyre material properties
  • Added brake disc FX
  • (data.acd edit) RPM LEDs now rise from edge to centre, green, yellow and red. Though, I'm not sure how to make all of them blink red at rev limit.

Please do make a backup of the original extension folder and data.acd

This is great! Thank you 👍

Those cubes are parented to an empty, that's the way kn5conv exports them. You could un-parent the cubes, or add your cubes and parent then to the same empty, or just add your cubes and add them to the track as a separate kn5 file
I tried parented and unparented rendering the cubes separated from the original ones and adding them via models.ini but still didn't try yet by rendering them with the original ones overwriting it. Will you take a look at the files if I send you?
The lines are there because your dummies are parented to something else which doesn't really make sense in this case. It's quicker to just delete them and remake them.
Just add new dummies (arrows are better than cubes to know where they are facing since you need to rotate them from their default position with Z up ) and give them the correct naming.
About the second picture, you showed the locations of start dummies but in the in game picture there are the ac pit guys visible, so I assume those showed there aren't the start spawns, but the pit ones which makes it a bit confusing.
Yeah, my bad I made it a little bit confusing! The AC_PITS I just copied next to the original ones but they spawned on the location of the picture, while the AC_START I copied them to the end of the grid but they would spawn outside of the track and some would fall because it's at the edge so that's why I couldn't take pictures.

So but deleting and remaking, do you mean even the original cubes? And make it from scratch? I didn't try that yet, I think I'll do.

Yes I would just delete them and make new dummies/nulls using the arrows one to see the orientations better. Make one, rotate it the correct way and then just clone it multiple times and place them to make the pits ones. You can then clone them all once more to make the start ones on the grid.
Since they are very quick to make and don't need materials it's faster to just remake them
Okay, nice, thanks for the feedback. I'll try that later home after my job.

Texture changes are done in the 3d model, skins folder, or CM can skin the tyres on the fly according to compound name.
Physics changes can be done with CM's replace tyres, but it is better to do that manually.
So, just theoretically: If I have used "replace tyres" to add slicks to something with treaded tyres, and they are the same size, it will drive like it has slicks, but still appear to have treaded tyres?

I did what I did without actually testing the drive, as I just saw the tread and thought "Well, that didn't work."
So, turns out that is exactly what happened for me when doing just a quick swap: Tyres from the SRX Durt on your blog just worked a treat on the RSS Hyperion around Bristol Dirt.

Then, did a similar thing with the Skip Barber 2000 (with treaded 'slicks' as standard), went around Norisring about 1:10ish. Then, just bolted on full on slicks of similar size tyres that came from an early 90s DTM mod, and immediately went 6 seconds quicker...
Still looked like it had the treaded slicks though haha

Why is the gauge cluster screen black now? The signature was removed, but the gauge cluster is full black now (aside from some numbers).

Ferrari F40 LM(Custom) v1.0.0 by F40 LM_Lover.

Sorry for guys/women who are wating for update.
I hope it will be final version.

*Updated Version 1.0.0 *
1. Change Logs(by F40 LM_Lover)
1) Fixed Wiper Animation
2) Headlight/Rear Light Shaders and Refractings
3) CSP Configs
-. Hazards emissive(Interior/Exterior)
-. Turn signal emissive(Interior/Exterior)
-. Tyre FX(you can chage the certain tyre textures when you change the tyre compounds in setup menu)
-. Metalic skin, chrome skin, solid skin
4) little bit wider rear Tyres
5) Fix the minor bugs
6) Reflection of door panels are fixed.

link is in the description of video

I promise you nothing, it’s just a test for now ... but interesting !

View attachment 1084367
WIP - Alpine 610 LM (skins)

Well, these liveries have been fun (not - humor) and authentically looking the part of racing history (not entirely... but really really close)

__custom_showroom_1634136909_1.jpg

Will finish off the third and last livery (fictional this time), pack them and send them across by end of day Thursday (AEST time).

__custom_showroom_1634134034.jpg

A pity that over time it has not been possible to rescue this impressive mod that Satoru Takasugi made for Sports Car GT in his time, I even would have liked a conversion for GTR2. In addition, it was complemented by the GT300 that I never saw in any other game. Maybe today I woke up nostalgic.
The racecarsim.com website was working this summer. Now the account is suspended.

BUT you can download the mod from web-archive!!

(In summer, I tried to run SCGT demo on my Win10. And I can play some second, but after that, it always crashed...)

The problem though is that Simdream posted WIP pictures on their blogs and claimed that the model was "scratch-built" (in their own words), I don't see any credit to either Turbosquid or OpticalDreamSoft anywhere, so they most likely just bought the model once and used it in their mod without permission, figuring the price for it would be covered by poor suckers buying it off of their store.

Simdream doesn't even have to claim they 100% scratch-built the model. Literally all they needed to do was contact the model maker, get permission to use the model in their mod or come up with some sort of partnership, and then release the mod. Heck if they take all the logos off of it I'll even be fine with them charging money for it, but they didn't do any of that so, they're thieves like usual.

I don't even care if any of their mods suddenly had the greatest, most realistic physics ever made. They continuously lie about where they source their content from so I'll always talk down on them and I'll always avoid their content like the plague. The only content of theirs I have in my entire library of 740 cars is the Brabham BT42. That's just for use as grid filler for the Ferrari, Lotus, McLaren and Tyrell (from Legion) that I have from that era. I only downloaded it because it's free and I knew I wouldn't be supporting them if I did.
The problem though is that Simdream posted WIP pictures on their blogs and claimed that the model was "scratch-built" (in their own words), I don't see any credit to either Turbosquid or OpticalDreamSoft anywhere, so they most likely just bought the model once and used it in their mod without permission, figuring the price for it would be covered by poor suckers buying it off of their store.

Simdream doesn't even have to claim they 100% scratch-built the model. Literally all they needed to do was contact the model maker, get permission to use the model in their mod or come up with some sort of partnership, and then release the mod. Heck if they take all the logos off of it I'll even be fine with them charging money for it, but they didn't do any of that so, they're thieves like usual.

I don't even care if any of their mods suddenly had the greatest, most realistic physics ever made. They continuously lie about where they source their content from so I'll always talk down on them and I'll always avoid their content like the plague. The only content of theirs I have in my entire library of 740 cars is the Brabham BT42. That's just for use as grid filler for the Ferrari, Lotus, McLaren and Tyrell (from Legion) that I have from that era. I only downloaded it because it's free and I knew I wouldn't be supporting them if I did.
From what I can see the model is royalty free. ODS even labels it as suitable for games.
A scratch made model can the be a bought model, it does not have to be made by modder. Sim Dream could credit ODS, but they don’t have to. ODS make a living selling 3D models. Sim Dream is crediting a person for the 3D model. The 3D model still have to be adapted to the given game engine.

And as I said previously, then I am sure many modder does this. There is nothing wrong with this as long as you acquire it rightfully and the usage is allowed under the given license.

Last edited:
My FK8 is on Cup2's although Audi specification (fitted by Honda :lol: ), it spins and hops in 2nd and sometimes third, on a nice warm day they are epic though even now they are a little worn! I think I stole the HR tyres from the front of Lambo, there is a minor tyre size issue that I fixed but never released. SM tyres are also stolen from somewhere, I just can't remember where! The car is still on 20's in the game I presume you are running 18's IRL?

On other fronts the engine I think could do with some work, I just put UK torque and power and left the curve as was from 500 + HP modified unit that came with the mod.

The dampers and front ARB are probably too stiff as they are from the original mod, I was going to measure the front ARB on my car but it needs the under tray removing and on a ramp, something I never got around to doing. Dampers just no clue! :dunce:

I think the car is good to drive, but I think it lacks a little rear grip, I am miles away from the Nordschleife record but that may just be my driving... This may also been down to the engine as mentioned above and the gearing due to the tyres being to big in diameter.

I am always going to be hard on myself, this was my first and only effort at trying to do physics in Assetto Corsa, basically I wanted a more OEM FK8 to drive in game than the original mod, it started by changing the tyres and the I seemed head down the rabbit hole or research and adjustment to OEM figures... I think do car is fun to drive, but it could be so much better! Luckily I own the real deal and I know them physics be crazy good when I get the chance to drive it ;)
Hi @graveltrap ,

I think is a very good and fun mod to drive.

But it's true that if your idea is to make it closer to OEM behaviour, the car is tu much oversteery in the corner entry.
Normally, the stock cars tend to be understeery on the limit for safety reasons.

If you'd need some help, count with me ;)

Cheers

From what I can see the model is royalty free. ODS even labels it as suitable for games.
A scratch made model can the be a bought model, it does not have to be made by modder. Sim Dream could credit ODS, but they don’t have too. ODS make a living selling 3D models. Sim Dream is crediting a person for the 3D model. The 3D model still have to be adapted to the given game engine.

And as I said previously, then I am sure many modder does this. There is nothing wrong with this as long as you acquire it rightfully and the usage is allowed under the given license.
If I buy pastry for a pie, the pie isn't made from scratch. I didn't start with the ingredients in their rawest form.

You cant buy ready-made assets and call them made from scratch.

Stop defending SD. They don't deserve it

Well, you can. If you buy let's say, 3d model, that is created by someone from scratch, you pay him, credit him, and other stuff like that, then I don't see any reason why the model can't be called made from scratch.
While the model is made from scratch you haven't made it from scratch

Well, you can. If you buy let's say, 3d model, that is created by someone from scratch, you pay him, credit him, and other stuff like that, then I don't see any reason why the model can't be called made from scratch.
Then you are in that grey area of a Forza port being scratch made becuse Turn 10 created it.

Any modder knows what the words 'scratch made' represents. The use of it is like saying 'made in britain' because you imported it from China, but had to glue a few bits on in the UK....
It may not be a total lie, but its playing around at the edges of being aceptable...IMO...

But anyway, like i said, i dont care what simdream do from now on, they tried to destroy Mike put untold stress on him.
Simdream should not even exist anymore, but because of how the 'community' is they just don't care enough so long as they get loads more modding landfill to bump up the number count.

Last edited:
You´re missing the point, simdream didnt pay them, credit them, or any other stuff like that.

Nowhere does Sim Dream state that they made the model. Only that it is a scratch made model.
I think you are missing the point from my previous post.

You´re missing the point, simdream didnt pay them, credit them, or any other stuff like that.
How do you know they didn't? If the model is bought from the previous mention store it's royalty free and they would not have to credit the seller.

Right, but if you use model made from scratch by someone else (as long if you work with the creator by paying and crediting him), it's not like it magically becomes not made from scratch.
Then you are in that grey area of a Forza port being scratch made becuse Turn 10 created it.
Nah, I don't think that directly working with model's creator is the same as ripping 3d models without their consent.
Well, then they messed up badly, and you shouldn't pay them, or even use their mods at all, if you that against them. Anyway, all I was saying that if you pay, credit, and overall work with the model's creator, you can claim that is scratch made, just made by said creator.

Right, but if you use model made from scratch by someone else (as long if you work with the creator by paying and crediting him), it's not like it magically becomes not made from scratch.
I think it's you who is missing the point. The model might be made from scratch but using it. Takes away all rights to being able to call your mods "from scratch"

The model might be made from scratch but using it. Takes away all rights to being able to call your mods "from scratch"
Well, I never said anything about anything else but the model being called made from scratch, with proper crediting the creator of model, paying him, and anything like that.

Hi !
I am working on new animated displays for tracks and extensions and I need to find some videos to create a few of them.
Currently I have created the aramco one, I know there is a Pirelli / PZero one too and probably others.
If some of you have some videos of these it will be a great help... 🙂

Can someone please tell me where that names & nationalities file is? (It needs customizing, so some 2000's driver doesn't show up in my 60's car.) (Not the flags, btw)

(FOUND IT: ACTools ContentManager/Data/Miscellaneous/NationalitiesAndNames.json)

Last edited:
I think it's you who is missing the point. The model might be made from scratch but using it. Takes away all rights to being able to call your mods "from scratch"
No I know exactly what I am talking about. The exact wording on the website: “High Quality Scratch Made 3D Model”.
Nowhere do they claim to have made the model themselves.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back