Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
When it should be suspension related it doesn't relate to caster /kpi in this case. When caster is a cause then a) there's barely none (shopping cart, causing wheels to turn immediately when force is applied) or b) there's way too much, resulting in very heavy steering.

Bumpsteer isn't the case either, as the steering rods are properly postioned, (length and angle) thus preventing jacking forces
What could be the case is the length of the upper control arm being a tad too short, resulting in too much camber gain. I modelled the supsension of it's real life counter part, but a few mm off can already result in a big difference.

However, I'm on a SC2 wheel, I didn't witness any osscilations this far, I will have a try at VIR tonight...

904 suspension, front is derived from the Porsche 804 Formula one car

As you can see, the upper A -arms are pretty short compared to the lower trailing arm. The effect of this can be a lot of camber gain, resulting also in some toe-gain, maybe giving the oscillations
View attachment 1085835

In AC suspension editor:
View attachment 1085837

Bumpsteer in function of alignment of the rods:
The goal is parallel movement of all rods, below how to solve:
View attachment 1085838

How to align properly to prevent bumpsteer:
View attachment 1085839

"The delicate hand of Herr M. Maus." I wrote that caption in CAR and DRIVER in 1964.

Last edited:
I know there’s an AC video thread,(I post there regularly), but I wanted to highlight an issue I have with the Crew Chief app on this particular track, and wondered if they’re was a solution for it.
Basically CC continually gets my race position wrong after every lap, saying I’m 12th or 14th etc, when I’m actually 5th for example.
I’ve only experienced this with this track: Suzuka (ams1 conversion).

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just a question regarding the RSS Formula Americas.
In the october 2020 update it says "Push to Pass added for Road variant. Available only in race mode setting". Pardon if this is a noobish question but what is race mode and how do I make sure that's what I'm using? I couldn't figure out how to use push to pass the last time I tested.

I saw some youtuber complaing that the rear end was very twitchy, which made the car difficult to control on corner exit. Is that what they fixed in the update?
Yeah it was almost undrivable for me due to the rear end. I’m not a huge fan of their update process. Normally you’d get an email from other paid mod authors with a link to the updated version but here you have to join their discord server and go to their Dropbox. When I got there the link to the drop box was broken and I had to get one of their mods to fix it. But yeah figured all that out and it drives much better now.

I know there’s an AC video thread,(I post there regularly), but I wanted to highlight an issue I have with the Crew Chief app on this particular track, and wondered if they’re was a solution for it.
Basically CC continually gets my race position wrong after every lap, saying I’m 12th or 14th etc, when I’m actually 5th for example.
I’ve only experienced this with this track: Suzuka (ams1 conversion).

Has anyone else experienced this before?

must be something going on with that specific version of Suzuka

I just tried a race with '96 cars at that track, and my position fluctuated same way

from around the bridge, to the spoon curve is where I noticed it fluctuate

I am using a GT3 hud, and can see position change in real time, and it would fluctuate 4-5 positions every lap

Last edited:
If anyone wants to know where Scamdream got their new Glickey model, here's the link. I don't have access to the model or the mod, nor do I want to, but judging from the images and some of the stuff on our photo thread, it's a 100% match AFAIK.

So yeah there's a few people on this sub who are still defending them. Stop.

If you really need a Glickey, wait until URD releases theirs and buy it. The GR010 sucked at first but the new update made it much better, so I have faith their officially licensed rendition will do the car justice.
It could have come from CSR2 as I have it extracted
1634058211110.png

1634058280415.png

but really who cares what, why, who as long as it drives properly

View attachment 1085847

Here's a WIP livery for your latest Renault Alpine A 610 - hope to finish it up really soon for your mod-release... There are some decals which are not found anywhere, and some had to be made-up from scratch (replicated as best as possible). All and all it's looking the part of France LM racing history.

View attachment 1085853
It looks great ! I can't wait for this one 🤩

A pity that over time it has not been possible to rescue this impressive mod that Satoru Takasugi made for Sports Car GT in his time, I even would have liked a conversion for GTR2. In addition, it was complemented by the GT300 that I never saw in any other game. Maybe today I woke up nostalgic.

Attachments

• descarga.jpg
    descarga.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 22
  • descarga2.png
    descarga2.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 23
When it should be suspension related it doesn't relate to caster /kpi in this case. When caster is a cause then a) there's barely none (shopping cart, causing wheels to turn immediately when force is applied) or b) there's way too much, resulting in very heavy steering.

Bumpsteer isn't the case either, as the steering rods are properly postioned, (length and angle) thus preventing jacking forces
What could be the case is the length of the upper control arm being a tad too short, resulting in too much camber gain. I modelled the supsension of it's real life counter part, but a few mm off can already result in a big difference.

However, I'm on a SC2 wheel, I didn't witness any osscilations this far, I will have a try at VIR tonight...

904 suspension, front is derived from the Porsche 804 Formula one car

As you can see, the upper A -arms are pretty short compared to the lower trailing arm. The effect of this can be a lot of camber gain, resulting also in some toe-gain, maybe giving the oscillations
View attachment 1085835

In AC suspension editor:
View attachment 1085837

Bumpsteer in function of alignment of the rods:
The goal is parallel movement of all rods, below how to solve:
View attachment 1085838

How to align properly to prevent bumpsteer:
View attachment 1085839
In contrary to initial observation, it is (massive) bumpsteer, so thanks for mentioning @andrevr
There were some other bugs reported, so the plan is to release a hotfix. (some win7 users reported CTD's) a few too modern DDS formats were used. The cockpit of the Benz and 911 are too bright so this will be sorted as well.
Hi there 👋
Firstly, thanks for all the great mods!

A couple of us are having a weird FFB issue with one of the 60's GTC cars (904) and (seems like) all of the Trans-Am mod cars.
I described what's happening above. Seems like some G920, G29, and at least one TT300RS users.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or help you could offer?

Let's ask the man :D

Last edited:
From FB. THIS IS NOT MY MOD. Support the creator and FB group if you can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erik Wispelwey Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos

Re-edit of the Lancia Delta EvoR. Made some changes to visuals, specs and physics. Sound is now from Afa Fmod's Delta S4, which is good but imo interior sound could be better and the filesize is huge. Unfortunately it's the only Delta sound around.
Redline is restricted to 8500 due to sound limitation.

Original is by S3r1u5 and r-team motors and later updated by ACR.

https://www.mediafire.com/.../lancia_delta_evo2_r_v1.../file

Note: I still need to change the tire texture but that's something for the next update.

1634062178169.png

In contrary to initial observation, it is (massive) bumpsteer, so thanks for mentioning @andrevr
There were some other bugs reported, so the plan is to release a hotfix. (some win7 users reported CTD's) a few too modern DDS formats were used. The cockpit of the Benz and 911 are too bright so this will be sorted as well.
Good to hear you found the gremlins. Looking forward to the fixes.

Quick update re Spa 2003-2005:
2005 GT and F1 layouts are being added along with the specific race sponsor/placements for the FIAGT and F1 races for the 3 years covered. Finding good and accurate information is a little difficult as most video/pics from those years actually miss a few key points (particularly the tower adverts). It wont be perfect... but please bear the pain of waiting as we wish to do the best possible within reason given the source materials. (If you wish to contribute, please PM)

1634065667847.png

bgr00.jpg

Quick impression, there are still some interior visual things that I am sure you know about(I am using VR these days), the oh shoot handle and the speaker grille has some weird reflection to them,and the dash looks very "oh the surface" as opposed to inset into the cluster.

The driving, I think the balance is believable. Most of my seat time in my car is on autoX courses(lower speed, 2nd gear mostly) and I have an adjustable rear bar so I assume my car is more "loose" compare to a stock one would be on a track. But from a traction standpoint this car seems to struggle to put power down more on SM tires, most autoXer uses "200TW" tires these days which are in theory a step down from pure street legal track tires like Cup 2s or R888R or something though most newer ones are not that far off over 1 lap compare to those, just don't hold their temperature management as well. I see SM being maybe sort of analog to 200TW but most SM tired car seems to be less grippy than what I'd consider realistic IRL. Unless my tires are very worn or on really dusty surface I rarely have traction issue even in driving around mostly in 2nd. I haven't tried the HR tires yet. Comparing laptime(having spend a lot of time recently in game on RT Mont Tremblant) the time(with SM) is a few sec faster than the stock tire new GR86, which seems plausible considering the higher speed track. Played with the alignment a bit and honestly balance wise seems reasonable.
My FK8 is on Cup2's although Audi specification (fitted by Honda :lol: ), it spins and hops in 2nd and sometimes third, on a nice warm day they are epic though even now they are a little worn! I think I stole the HR tyres from the front of Lambo, there is a minor tyre size issue that I fixed but never released. SM tyres are also stolen from somewhere, I just can't remember where! The car is still on 20's in the game I presume you are running 18's IRL?

On other fronts the engine I think could do with some work, I just put UK torque and power and left the curve as was from 500 + HP modified unit that came with the mod.

The dampers and front ARB are probably too stiff as they are from the original mod, I was going to measure the front ARB on my car but it needs the under tray removing and on a ramp, something I never got around to doing. Dampers just no clue! :dunce:
P
Physics are good when laptimes are almost spot on both in estoril and in tsukuba and specially your friends that say "meeh i dont like fwd cars " and then do like 20 laps straigth and enjoy it a lot 😆 the car with streets behaves in a very enjoyable way 😊
I think the car is good to drive, but I think it lacks a little rear grip, I am miles away from the Nordschleife record but that may just be my driving... This may also been down to the engine as mentioned above and the gearing due to the tyres being to big in diameter.
I understand that for different people the physics of a car feels differently. My personal opinion about physics in this car is very good! I am not a pro in physics making, but as a consumer I am very happy with this physics. It is very similar to the real behavior of a car. Would like to add more grip tires, but this is not a racing car. I wonder what physics is good for you then?
I am always going to be hard on myself, this was my first and only effort at trying to do physics in Assetto Corsa, basically I wanted a more OEM FK8 to drive in game than the original mod, it started by changing the tyres and the I seemed head down the rabbit hole or research and adjustment to OEM figures... I think do car is fun to drive, but it could be so much better! Luckily I own the real deal and I know them physics be crazy good when I get the chance to drive it ;)

Last edited:
Quick update re Spa 2003-2005:
2005 GT and F1 layouts are being added along with the specific race sponsor/placements for the FIAGT and F1 races for the 3 years covered. Finding good and accurate information is a little difficult as most video/pics from those years actually miss a few key points (particularly the tower adverts). It wont be perfect... but please bear the pain of waiting as we wish to do the best possible within reason given the source materials. (If you wish to contribute, please PM)

View attachment 1085988
View attachment 1085989
bus stop like this?

Despite what I set in CSP, the shadows in my windshield are not blurred at all.
No matter what settings I put in the Windscreen FX section or the car, track, ToD ... they always look this bad:

r5XXEM1.png

fHyIe1H.png

any idea how to fix this?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back