Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,793 comments
Thanks for the M1 one of my favorite cars. One issue when playing single player race the car goes backwards with a screeching of wheels and I can't stop it. Any ideas?
That is a new one. :)
Tested the car both in single and multiplayer and it was working fine. Except if extended physics were enabled, which you didnt do for sure.

Concerning the Michelin Banner, was this irl on the car? Couldnt find a picture with it.

Did you also add the steer.ksanim file to the animations folder (after removing the .txt extension)?
Also, the data folder can't be repacked afterwards (weird encryption?) so data.acd either needs deleting or you need 'use unpacked data if it exists' checked in CM.
I sent some other updates to Peter (driver scale/repositioning, paddleshift animation for the EDC, missing paint options, HANS removal, driver suits, illuminated steering wheel switchgear etc) which he said will be folded into a future update of both cars.
Yes, and changed the driver3d.ini but nothing. Maybe I'll upload the data folder so others can try the revised suspensions

Thanks for the M1 one of my favorite cars. One issue when playing single player race the car goes backwards with a screeching of wheels and I can't stop it. Any ideas?

Tested the car both in single and multiplayer and it was working fine. Except if extended physics were enabled, which you didnt do for sure.

Concerning the Michelin Banner, was this irl on the car? Couldnt find a picture with it.
I had no issues (but I disabled extended physics first).
After reading about the 'issue' I enabled the extended physics and the car started driving, spinning rear wheels in a cloud of smoke, while the fronts were not turning... so, yeah, disable extended physics as mentioned in the post and all is well.

Yes, and changed the driver3d.ini but nothing. Maybe I'll upload the data folder so others can try the revised suspensions
Probably something to do with the encryption. It works fine for me but maybe only local fixes work.
Or maybe the .txt extension borks it?
Hopefully the full update will fix it.
Maybe it's time to stop sharing these types of fixes, there's too many variables these days.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time to stop sharing these types of fixes, there's too many variables these days.
You've pretty much summed up why I quit modding with that one sentence.
For me, that decision came at a time when new updates to CM / CSP broke things. I'd spend ages fixing or changing stuff, and then one update later, it was all broken again.
CM and CSP seem more stable now, but I'm not prepared to spend all that time modding if there's a chance it could get broken again.
And as you say, there are too many variables now. What works fine for one person might not work for someone else who is using a different version of CM or CSP, which inevitably leads to these queries.

You've pretty much summed up why I quit modding with that one sentence.
For me, that decision came at a time when new updates to CM / CSP broke things. I'd spend ages fixing or changing stuff, and then one update later, it was all broken again.
CM and CSP seem more stable now, but I'm not prepared to spend all that time modding if there's a chance it could get broken again.
And as you say, there are too many variables now. What works fine for one person might not work for someone else who is using a different version of CM or CSP, which inevitably leads to these queries.
A simple shifting animation should work though. I think it maybe can't be uploaded via the .txt workaround.

Probably something to do with the encryption. It works fine for me but maybe only local fixes work.
Or maybe the .txt extension borks it?
Hopefully the full update will fix it.
I was able to get the grip corrected, just couldn't add in the shift animation.

Screenshot_asc_nissan_r34_nur_bst_csr_garage_5-11-121-11-45-35.jpg

Just found this, GT Sport R34 GTR

I've don't recall checking extended but it was ticked so I'll give it another go. That's what I get for not reading the bolded fine print.:D

F1 Fictional Skin for Dijon + DRS by JV82

Compatibile with original conversion by Rainmaker and update version by by Assetto-fr.tk

I hope you like it!

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yn78...al+Skin+for+Dijon+++DRS+by+JV82+FINAL.7z/file

You're on fire! :cheers:

View attachment 1098010

Just found this, GT Sport R34 GTR
Always disappointing to find a really cool car, and then find it's encrypted, can't even make a decent preview, and delete it.
Oh well.

Is there a way to force SOL to use 2d clouds ? No matter what I do, it won't save in the config file when I hit 'save config' and quit the race.
I don't give a duck's bottom about 3D clouds or whatever. Maybe I should roll back to sol 2.0 ?

__custom_showroom_1638736960.jpg

Hello everyone!

I had this car from Rallyworld (updated by gr.team) and when I was testing it today I find out that it has some flaws. So I did some work on it and know I thinks its better than ever! So I was thinkin about to share it with all of you but I dont know if I allowed? Never done this before and it would be nice with some feedback if someone wants to try it :D

Is a preview more important than driving a car or having it properly made?
Just because a car is encrypted doesn't mean it's properly made. I dunno people, especially on the discord side, have all the sudden got this idea that anything with "encrypted" on it suddenly makes the contents therein this infallible, top-quality job.

Encrpyted mods can be made to work with CM showroom, the ones that don't I get rid of. Some people are into the photography side of AC as well as the driving aspects and mods that breaks themselves in the showroom are irritating for a lot of us.

Just because a car is encrypted doesn't mean it's properly made. I dunno people, especially on the discord side, have all the sudden got this idea that anything with "encrypted" on it suddenly makes the contents therein this infallible, top-quality job.

Encrpyted mods can be made to work with CM showroom, the ones that don't I get rid of. Some people are into the photography side of AC as well as the driving aspects and mods that breaks themselves in the showroom are irritating for a lot of us.
Though really nowadays lately, a bunch of modders full of private mods rather prefer to just share photos they took of them instead of releasing them with properly made realistic physics and bunch of optimizations learnt from the pipeline, since I feel like most of those private ones are just all show and no go if someone were to somehow get one of them since they're badly optimized for driving in general surely, unlike say MNBA mods for example.

View attachment 1098013
Hello everyone!

I had this car from Rallyworld (updated by gr.team) and when I was testing it today I find out that it has some flaws. So I did some work on it and know I thinks its better than ever! So I was thinkin about to share it with all of you but I dont know if I allowed? Never done this before and it would be nice with some feedback if someone wants to try it :D
Perhaps you could just share your modified data file? That shouldn't be a problem. 🙂

re: encryption

99.9 % of cars I have tried that were/are encrypted had bad physics to the point of being totally undriveable.
Garage queens only (in the bin!), which is fine because I have AC to drive a car with reasonable traits and characteristics of the model portrayed.

Encryption of tracks seems to be mostly limited to the Soyo/ek crew which are just rips of IDAS that anyone can pull from the arcade ROMS (as I have done as well).
Sega just might go after them, but who knows?

I almost forgot about that delicious cake on my table...

Last edited:
A bad mod is a bad mod and will get deleted. The encryption part is irrelevant.
Sure, it's frustrating if a mod is close to being good and can't be fixed because of encryption, but that's the choice that the mod's creator made - For their work to forever be 'close to being good' unless they update it.

Anyway, why are we talking about encryption again? Is it that time of the week already?

Last edited:
A bad mod is a bad mod and will get deleted. The encryption part is irrelevant.
Sure, it's frustrating if a mod is close to being good and can't be fixed because of encryption, but that's the choice that the mod's creator made - For their work to forever be 'close to being good' unless they update it.

Anyway, why are we talking about encryption again? Is it that time of the week already?
The issue is people always announcing their intentions for some reason. Like in this instance someone found a nice R34 and shared it with this community, rather than just saying thank you someone had to make a point about it being encrypted. If you don't like encrypted stuff just delete it from your game, it's pretty easy to do that, but no they had to announce it.

Also with that particular R34, I don't see any issues. It's got an accurate 3D model courtesy of GT Sport, well-made and well-researched physics which is considered accurate, good shader values, and proper skins with ext configs made to match them to real-world references. I mean what else do you want, it's a driving simulator and it checks all the boxes in this regard.

The issue is people always announcing their intentions for some reason. Like in this instance someone found a nice R34 and shared it with this community, rather than just saying thank you someone had to make a point about it being encrypted. If you don't like encrypted stuff just delete it from your game, it's pretty easy to do that, but no they had to announce it.

Also with that particular R34, I don't see any issues. It's got an accurate 3D model courtesy of GT Sport, well-made and well-researched physics which is considered accurate, good shader values, and proper skins with ext configs made to match them to real-world references. I mean what else do you want, it's a driving simulator and it checks all the boxes in this regard.
We can't police what other people do and I'm not going to pretend that we have the right to do that. The part in my post asking why we are talking about encryption again is more of a running joke around here.
My paragraph above is simply me voicing my own attitude toward encrypted mods.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back