Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
A bad mod is a bad mod and will get deleted. The encryption part is irrelevant.
Sure, it's frustrating if a mod is close to being good and can't be fixed because of encryption, but that's the choice that the mod's creator made - For their work to forever be 'close to being good' unless they update it.

Anyway, why are we talking about encryption again? Is it that time of the week already?
I never understood these choices....steal an encrypted model, make a mod (bad/good or half-done (preferably a kunos frankenstein with pasted kunos data)) and encrypt it again, so nobody can fix it or improve it. :D

Last edited:
I never understood these choices....steal an encrypted model, make a mod (bad/good or half-done (preferably a kunos frankenstein with pasted kunos data)) and encrypt it again, so nobody can fix it or improve it. :D
That doesn't sound like the type of mod that I would like to fix or improve anyway ;)

Is a preview more important than driving a car or having it properly made?
To some, myself included, AC is about keeping a neat and tidy car collection. Like a garage where you polish your cars, admire them, give them love. We also drive them, yes, but it's more about the feeling of being a wealthy qatari prince. I'm afraid only unencrypted cars allow us to feel that way.
We have more cars than we could ever really drive, so no one should care about encrypted models (believe me, I don't), I just wanted to tell you how I feel. I also value your point of view and would definitely agree if the pure pleasure of driving was my main hook.
Be well mate!

Last edited:
The issue is people always announcing their intentions for some reason. Like in this instance someone found a nice R34 and shared it with this community, rather than just saying thank you someone had to make a point about it being encrypted. If you don't like encrypted stuff just delete it from your game, it's pretty easy to do that, but no they had to announce it.

Also with that particular R34, I don't see any issues. It's got an accurate 3D model courtesy of GT Sport, well-made and well-researched physics which is considered accurate, good shader values, and proper skins with ext configs made to match them to real-world references. I mean what else do you want, it's a driving simulator and it checks all the boxes in this regard.
That is why I stopped sharing here encrypted cars. In fact, sharing some unencrypted aswell.
Because some silly fan boys, just have the need of whine about something (except for the friends mods).

Hi, a good AM DBR9 GT1 and Chevrolet Corvette C5-R GT1 mod? I only find Legion, and what do its Data.acd files change? Thanks
The Legion Aston Martin DBR9 and Corvette C5-R are the only good mods for those two cars in AC. The Data.acd he posts on his blog fix a lot of the physics and apply a bit of BOP to each car in relation to the RSS GT1 packs.

Last edited:
The Legion Aston Martin DBR9 and Corvette C5-R are the only good mods for those two cars in AC. The Data.acd he posts on his blog fix a lot of the physics and apply a bit of BOP to each car in relation to the RSS GT1 packs.
Thank you: Kunos' Maserati MC12 GT1 also has problems? There is a data file for the Maserati too ...

Is there a way to force SOL to use 2d clouds ? No matter what I do, it won't save in the config file when I hit 'save config' and quit the race.
I don't give a duck's bottom about 3D clouds or whatever. Maybe I should roll back to sol 2.0 ?
I have SOL 2.2 installed and I also prefer 2D clouds.
No issues saving the setting though. Only yesterday I changed temporarily to 3D because I wanted to check lighting/thunder. After going back to 2D and saving, it's still on 2D now.
SOL reinstall maybe ?

To some, myself included, AC is about keeping a neat and tidy car collection. Like a garage where you polish your cars, admire them, give them love. We also drive them, yes, but it's more about the feeling of being a wealthy qatari prince. I'm afraid only unencrypted cars allow us to feel that way.
We have more cars than we could ever really drive, so no one should care about encrypted models (believe me, I don't), I just wanted to tell you how I feel. I also value your point of view and would definitely agree if the pure pleasure of driving was my main hook.
Be well mate!
Sorry, I'd rather feel like, say, Lando Norris than, say, the Sultan of Brunei (who owns 7,000 cars irl).

Jarama
bgr_00.jpg

wip... soon.

Last edited:
I have SOL 2.2 installed and I also prefer 2D clouds.
No issues saving the setting though. Only yesterday I changed temporarily to 3D because I wanted to check lighting/thunder. After going back to 2D and saving, it's still on 2D now.
SOL reinstall maybe ?
Yeah I think I'll have to reinstall it then, it just won't keep my saved config ahah.

Hi Folks, do any of you still have the older version (0.72) of the GUE GT4 Aston Martin Vantage please? Only V0.83 is available on their site.

Last edited:
Next time I'll talk about encrypted stuff, seems like it's the only thing getting a response this days lol
Might have quoted the wrong post, but you could try editing the Sol_Config file yourself instead of using the app. I know when you save the file ingame, it's supposed to create a file in this folder with your changes. C:\Users\???\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\Sol. If yours is not doing that then you can go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\weather\sol and manually edit the sol__config.lua file. You will need something like Notepad++ to edit this file. Look for the clouds entry and change the value for clouds__render_method from 2 to 0.

VR Driving

9tt91aS7ptoimfh9io2re63d ·
Went in and check the physics for some of the recent MNBA releases. Let say we were rather disappointing. Not only suspension data were just carried over from the SLS AMG, but many important data points were also way off, not only did the cars behave weird they did not feel like what it was represented.

We did a quick fix on the physics, they are by no mean 100% accurate, that is just not possible unless there is access to manufacturer data. But these data points we collected are accurate enough to represent the general characteristics of the particular car. Meaning, it feels closer to the real thing.

The suspension geometry was revised for each car reflecting the suspension layout of the real car. Various data points updated from fuel consumption, fuel tank position, gearing, steering lock, diff lock, brakes were all adjusted.
The update applies to MNBA's W212 E63, CLK55, and A45 AMG
Back up your original files before applying the update.

https://sharemods.com/awkz031c.../VRDphysics_update.rar.html

Screenshot_bg_mercedes_e63s_amg_awd_rize_rio_apartment_5-11-121-22-40-5.jpg

Hi, which are the best mods for Le Mans 2015?
URD Oreca 05 and URD Nissan GT-R LM Nismo and Rebellion R-One and on Assetto Land there is THe Ligier JS P2 and from Neils Pack the Ferrari 458 GT2 and Oreca 03. Toyota and Porsche LMP1 from Kunos and Audi too but its the 2014 car as the 2015 or later only from "Scam"Dream. Corvette also Kunos. and the AMR and Porsche GT from URD (older GTE Generations Pack).

Thats what i use for that.

Last edited:
Thank you: Kunos' Maserati MC12 GT1 also has problems? There is a data file for the Maserati too ...
If you have concerns over swapping the data file of a Kunos car I’d make a backup, test both the legion and Kunos versions and decide which one you like better, but still keep the original around. If you need to drive the car online it might not work anymore unless that server is running Legion’s GT1 class.

Last edited:
AUTOPOLIS 2009 v 3.0

I updated the Autopolis track from NFS Shift.
Update 3.0
----------
Added Cams by LaBaeda
Removed floating object (leftover)
Tuned many materials (roads, grass, white lines, water
Optimization - Improved FPS
Added physical road mesh
Added Kunos crowds
Added extra layout.
Added missing curbs at shortcut.
Added AI for short version.

UPDATED TO v3.1 !!! Link changed:

preview.png

Feel free to p.m. me on Racedepartment or GT Planet for suggestions or contributions.

Greetz

Last edited:
I was messing with nvidia DSR the other day and i've eliminated much of the terrible AA with AC.
I used to use TAA until i got fed up with the awful ghosting.
DSR works, its good, also works well with AMS2.
Nice feature that i'd never used before and i can recomend havibng a fiddle if the AA is anoying you.

Been trying to get back into AC after spending all my game time with MSFS and that is a game where its beauty can make many games look like trash.

Yes, and changed the driver3d.ini but nothing. Maybe I'll upload the data folder so others can try the revised suspensions
Try this, unzip it and drop it in the Trophy (not EDC) 'animations' folder. It's a better revision to the one I originally posted but it's based on the rescaled/repositioned driver so might not fit as well without those tweaks.
Or you could wait for Peter to update the car with the rescaled driver included and see it as fully intended - he has the new files but I'm not sure when the update will be released.

Zone 6 v1.0

bgr_00.jpg
bgr_01.jpg

"Zone 6, as it is refered by those in the know, is a private community temporary course tucked away somewhere in the mountain regions of Andorra near France. Cut from the sharp granite landscape with extreme elevation changes it winds naturally around an ancient mountain lake of pure clean water. Its private nature and clientele provide an aura of nostalgia and subdued celebrity. The well-to-do who reside here part time provide finance for the fresh and smoothed roadway and the classic (and modern cars alike), that allow spirited driving and gentlemen style racing events. In the winter the site provides chalets and hotels for the winter sports crowd. Much like the Ascari Resort but with an alpine twist... this gem is a nugget to enjoy"
- m.wood 2021

features:
  • 24 pit/grid with AI
  • CSP feature set
  • some cows
  • an old F1 in a parking lot
  • a farmgirl talking on the phone

credits:
Original 3d by "Sissou"
Converted by @RMi_wood
Track smoothing by @TheRealCeeBee & @shi
Optimizations, Camera and errata by @shi

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
If you have concerns over swapping the data file of a Kunos car I’d make a backup, test both the legion and Kunos versions and decide which one you like better, but still keep the original around. If you need to drive the car online it might not work anymore unless that server is running Legion’s GT1 class.
I find that the differences between the physics of the original Kunos car and the 3rd-party mod are most often so different as to make the setup for one totally unusable for the other. So if you do most of your racing online, keep (and get good with) the Kunos ver.

Last edited:
You are right, good idea, thanks😃

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back