Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,746 comments
Screenshot 2021-12-14 190813.jpg

El Capitan Mod and trailer made from Steel89ita is already out, link in the video description:

Abu Dhabi updated to use Hairpin turn 5 with AI for F12021 Custom Championship
This is a rough and ready version until a complete one is available with all the changes

Please Note:

Just to be clear this not another version it’s a renamed one for use with my F1 custom championship if you are not using the championship then stick with the acu_yasmarina version and drop the skins and SFX/Data/Extension folders into the track folder and rename track in ext_config.ini file from TRACK_FILE = 23_abudhabi_gp21.kn5 to TRACK_FILE = acu_yasmarina.kn5
1639508516243.png

Thanks to Richard WY6, Titi and @Breathe for the opportunity to test their work on the AI for this track which will allow the turn 5 hairpin (also works with EuroRacers V2 version).
I am informed that work is also ongoing to change turn 9 into a banked bend as we speak - (thank the racesim gods for the AC modding community eh? - No sign yet on EA version)
I have also left the original Chicane version in the GDrive as well (23_abudhabi_gp21-CHICANE) - If you prefer this then just download it and overwrite the Hairpin version.

F1 2021 tracks Gdrive:

Last edited:
You`ve done fantastic work on this one. Many, many thanks man. The only thing I changed is geotags as driving during the night all the time was depressing :)
No need to change the geotags, just change the date in CM to June, 20th and you can drive during the day all the time.

I might say scary things...
Thank you for your post, although very grateful about all the goodies available to us with CSP, making AC The SIM to play and more relevant than ever and than anything else out there, it does not mean that a lot of aspects within CSP could not be better.

Maybe a dedicated thread is in order, with best practice, errors to avoid, new findings?

I am "happy" with CSP, more than without CSP, will remain a patreon for a foreseeable future, but assistance in making it better and optimized would certainly be welcomed. Not only is not really stable but with content being created in so many different ways by so many different people, keeping up to date and understanding WTF is happening is nearly mission impossible.

Last edited:
View attachment 1099459
El Capitan Mod and trailer made from Steel89ita is already out, link in the video description:

That brings back some very nice memories from GT4 - thanks. I'd forgotten just how much fun this track is.
Hopefully you'll be adding the reverse route too?
One of the biggest challenges you might face is finding textures of sufficient resolution for the mountains, especially those close to the track.
The tarmac is perhaps a little too light compared to this GT4 video, and glare when driving into the sun maybe makes it turn too light a grey?

Keep up the good work, I'll be following development closely.

Last edited:
The latest version is

BTCC Mod V2.1​

Those BTCC cars are great, but what is it with touring car packs having only one or two skins for the Alfa while the rest of the cars get half a dozen?
I appreciate that maybe not many Alfas drove IRL, but it would be nice to have a few more skin options for them.

EDIT: Fortunately it looks like there are a couple of skin packs on Race Dept this time.

Last edited:
About Extra.fx
I was testing a lot of time to fiddle out the best settings for me. Someone said earlier the visuals improved is not that big compared to the performance loss. For me the visual improvemnet is huge. You just have to find out the right settings.
As far as i remember these are some of my key settings:

TAA is mandatory ON, but
extra sharpening must be set off EXTRA_SHARPEN_PASS=0
and under graphics adjustments /antialiasing/
turn on - FFXCAS_PASS=1 ; Use FidelityFX CAS by AMD for extra sharpness;

Back to extra.fx

SSLR - gives better (more real) local refelexions, which for me are not really noticable while driving, but it´s eating 10-12fps (15%) on my system (ryzen 2700x, rtx2070 super @3440x1440)

And offtopic - if using Real Mirrors, turn on RENDER_PER_FRAME=1 This also saves some fps, while not really noticable. Mirrors just refresh less often.

Last edited:
Those BTCC cars are great, but what is it with touring car packs having only one or two skins for the Alfa while the rest of the cars get half a dozen?
I appreciate that maybe not many Alfas drove IRL, but it would be nice to have a few more skin options for them.

EDIT: Fortunately it looks like there are a couple of skin packs on Race Dept this time.
Alfa's were rare. So this is normal, that they only have 2 skins per season. But here you go, some skins for excellent BTCC pack from sadly late Shaun Clarke (not many alfa's here either):

And for Tommy's TCR 2019 pack (alfa's and other):

Also this person has been making tons of TCR skins for various packs. Don't like them very much, but i guess they are not too bad. maybe you'll find something you like:

Last edited:
Huge street car mod pack in this video.

Definetly worth a look (Streetcars are not mine in firstplace in AC but all those 80s, 90s japanese sportcars are touching my heart :dopey:)Would be cool if someone who downloaded the pack would upload it somewhere else (if thats legal? Its free so should be?). Because its not downloadable due to much downloads.

Last edited:
I did not search for it, but i suggest - there was just a few Alfa´s running in paticular reallife series.

Alfa's were rare. So this is normal, that they only have 2 skins per season. But here you go, some skins for excellent BTCC pack from sadly late Shaun Clarke (not many alfa's here either):

And for Tommy's TCR 2019 pack (alfa's and other):

I think you'll find something in there for you.
Thank you both. I managed to scavenge another couple of skins from those downloads for the Alfa.
Yeah, they were rarely seen cars IRL. But you'd think, in a sim where people tend to run the same number of car makes in a single grid (ie four Alfas, four Audis, four Toyotas etc), that a few more skins would have been made, whether fictional or from different years.

That brings back some very nice memories from GT4 - thanks. I'd forgotten just how much fun this track is.
One of the biggest challenges you might face is finding textures of sufficient resolution for the mountains, especially those close to the track.
The tarmac is perhaps a little too light compared to this GT4 video, and glare when driving into the sun maybe makes it turn too light a grey?

It is a very nice mod indeed, I asked the track modder if is going to add the other configurations of El Capitan, apparently is very much in the works of those ideas, as well including a proper "remake" too. This is just the standard 👀.

(P.S. Did my best translating from what he said in the comments from italian)

Last edited:
I bet I saw something about a fix for an Audi, concerning extra keys for closing hood/doors?
Can't close a hood, because it is linked to an extra F key.

Searched for it but had no luck.
Anyone remembering the post? :boggled:

Btw the car is this one: Audi RS6-R ABT

Last edited:
Abu Dhabi updated to use Hairpin turn 5 with AI for F12021 Custom Championship
This is a rough and ready version until a complete one is available with all the changes

Please Note:

Just to be clear this not another version it’s a renamed one for use with my F1 custom championship if you are not using the championship then stick with the acu_yasmarina version and drop the skins and SFX/Data/Extension folders into the track folder and rename track in ext_config.ini file from TRACK_FILE = 23_abudhabi_gp21.kn5 to TRACK_FILE = acu_yasmarina.kn5
View attachment 1099458

Thanks to Titi and @Breathe for the opportunity to test their work on the AI for this track which will allow the turn 5 hairpin (also works with EuroRacers V2 version).
I am informed that work is also ongoing to change turn 9 into a banked bend as we speak - (thank the racesim gods for the AC modding community eh? - No sign yet on EA version)
I have also left the original Chicane version in the GDrive as well (23_abudhabi_gp21-CHICANE) - If you prefer this then just download it and overwrite the Hairpin version.

F1 2021 tracks Gdrive:
Thank you @Cozy61, very appreciated!

City Car Driving, a proper City and suburbians SIM with traffic lights and many more city, and outside city features.
It's almost free by now and have tons of mods.
This is not an advertising, it's just an info. Someone might not know and want to have it.

On another side, the BMW 1000 do some nice one whellies. :dopey:
1639526596573.png

1639526728039.png

What will be next? :odd:

Topanga Canyon - CSP config update
  • misc fixes
  • grass, rain
  • roadside cars lights + transparent windows
Nice!!!

Could you do the same for Lake Louise please?

City Car Driving, a proper City and suburbians SIM with traffic lights and many more city, and outside city features.
It's almost free by now and have tons of mods.
This is not an advertising, it's just an info. Someone might not know and want to have it.
I do already know this game long ago when I discovered mods for it, there's quite a lot of modded cars for it which I would love to convert to AC eventually, like Buja Gili did with a Mercedes-Benz long ago with a program called 3D Object Converter, the only way to properly convert car models used in that game in any other format you like, the free version is limited while the full costs €45 for a single license, I look forward to buy it one day so that even I can convert cars such as mundane ones from that game lol

Help Request: For new showroom. Is it possible to skin / replace a showroom texture without recompiling the kn5?

I would ultimately like to have the texture to somehow read and reflect the car name in the showroom texture. For now, I will be happy to use .dds texture for each car name if I can somehow just externally skin the texture.

It is a very nice mod indeed, I asked the track modder if is going to add the other configurations of El Capitan, apparently is very much in the works of those ideas, as well including a proper "remake" too. This is just the standard 👀.

(P.S. Did my best translating from what he said in the comments from italian)
He is a member here and he has posted it here.

He is a member here and he has posted it here.

Anyone else get a track not found error when loading?
1639557383208.png

I've uninstalled and reinstall and get the same error.

F1 Fictional Skin for Osterreichring 1977 + DRS by JV82 FINAL

Skin is fully compatible only for Osterreichring 1977 (layout with chicane).

Track Link inside the archive.

Hope you like it!

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/mhiv...+for+Osterreichring1977+++DRS+by+JV82.7z/file

Hi,

of course, that is your own personal decision but why are you putting so much effort in generating a fictious and IMO not necessary track skin to a historic track instead of creating an accurate or alternative F1 skin which suits better?! I never understand the hype of these 2021 billboards from F1. No hard feelings, just my 2 cents.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back