Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,807 comments
For now, I only use 3d clouds if I feel like experiencing a thunderstorm (which doesn't work when 2d clouds are active). Otherwise always 2d because they simply look more realistic to me.
Yes, exactly. Never understood how folks do like these 3D marshmallows. Also an upcoming thunderstorm looks more dramatic in 2D clouds.

You also don´t know how this live weather api plugin works (which you can set in weatherfx tab) do you?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR 2012 DCT Release -AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation

Download:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X MR 2012 DCT Release -AO inside and out
-Dashboard
-CSP Settings
-Wiper animation

Download:

View attachment 1099758View attachment 1099759
The driver has very weird posture, like his hips have been dislocated. Looks quite odd in VR. There must be a better steer.ksanim suited to this car?

Screenshot_mitsubishi_evo_x_mr_magnificent-park_16-12-121-14-27-20.jpg

Edit: Try this one, a much better fit. Just needs raising up an inch or two and moving slightly closer to the steering wheel.

Screenshot_mitsubishi_evo_x_mr_magnificent-park_16-12-121-14-35-34.jpg

Last edited:
@lorelord, I'd like to ask two things:
1) Where can I download your stuff? I'm really interested in your mods, especially the 2000's GT1 pack.
2) I'm probably miscounting, but if you combine your GT1 pack & Legion's, there's only 23 cars (11 from Legion & 12 yours). Where have I gone wrong counting them up?

@petercrill here's up/down paddleshift animations for the Evo X MR
(drop them in the 'animations' folder)

also edit this into data/driver3d.ini

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=100
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=100
PRELOAD_RPM=10000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0

I might say scary things...

CSP, IMHO, is still at the level of a good global "gamechanger" mod, but nothing more. Yes, yes, of course, CSP gave us a loooooot of different and interesting things, features. But... It will become something more when bugs are resolved and performance becomes more stable. And this is the difference between studio development and amateur development.

But for now what we have? Features, features, new features... Features are good, but it's time to finish what was introduced in the patch a long time ago.

Just two examples.

Extra FX - for example, I turned it off completely, because noticeable visual improvements are often difficult to achieve and performance degrades dramatically. Many of the effects suggested here are not optimized or their relationship to performance is questionable.

Rain FX - is also a good example. It is still in development, there is very little progress in improvement for year and, most importantly, optimization. Rain effects - consume resources immeasurably, the video card flies into space. Why is it so? Indeed, in "neighboring" auto-sims, everything works much better, albeit at the cost of a decrease in quality in some moments. Do we really need such ultra-quality? And this is only the graphical part - the physics of water surfaces has not yet been fully implemented, who knows how it will work with it.

So maybe we need to strive for playability, and not for the visual component? It's just that in the case of the "features + graphics" path, the original meaning of the CSP is lost: improving the original, but without excesses.
I have always believed that the main principle of developing such software is versatility, so that the maximum number of users can use what you do. Timely "patch" holes, make changes and improve something. With the CSP, in the last year and a half, there has been an inflection in the direction of introducing features, and not improving or fixing what we already have.

And this is my thoughts.

I only ask you: do not swear at me, I just expressed my opinion, I do not want to argue with anyone or persuade me. I understand that everyone can criticize, because "You don't like it? - Do it better"... :)
I said this a while back and was called 'entitled'.

For me I can only use 1.69 rain fx preview still as anything over than the cars have a weird shadow effect on them that looks like stripes.
Also i get good light refletions in 1.69.

Not a big deal till people release stuff that only works on later CSP's.

Regardless of what people say, Iija makes 13k per month and has not done anything on patreon since October.

Now i hear he is spending his time away from AMS2 work by maing street lights!!

OK i only sub him a pound a month so no problem there obvioulsy, but it does annoy me how much he makes from something he didn't pay a licence fee for.... and APPEARS, to of taken his eye off the ball.. (i'm sure he hasn't)

hey ho.

Last edited:
Could someone give me a quick lesson on what file I need to edit to fix a problem with the driver side mirror on a mod. It is reflecting what is on the passenger side instead of the driver side. Thought maybe it would be a simple fix I could do myself. Would the file be located in the data.acd file or somewhere else? Thanks for any help...

shi
I updated this Track, which was previously updated by Teddie.

Arctic Circle Raceway v0.4
changelog;
-Fixed the normals of the trees.
-Updated shaders.
-Created physical surfaces.
-Updated surfaces.ini.
-Updated ext_config.
-Added semaphore.ini.
-New VAO-Patch.
-Removed jet.kn5 and plane.kn5.
-Changed the position of Hotlap.
-Fixed a gap.
-Updated the UI.
-The contents of the texture file are now included in kn5.
-Created a replay cam.
-Changed the texture of the grass and curb.View attachment 1099393

I saw this post and updated this Track.
Yesterday I had a quick 25 lap race with Legion's Formula Ford mod and have to say it's a ton of fun.
Great job on improving such a nicely flowing circuit, thank you very much 👍
Only the AI take quite weird racing lines sometimes, but I see you haven't touched that, so maybe you or some AI guru could take a look at that, I'd appreciate it!

shi
I updated this Track, which was previously updated by Teddie.

Arctic Circle Raceway v0.4
changelog;
-Fixed the normals of the trees.
-Updated shaders.
-Created physical surfaces.
-Updated surfaces.ini.
-Updated ext_config.
-Added semaphore.ini.
-New VAO-Patch.
-Removed jet.kn5 and plane.kn5.
-Changed the position of Hotlap.
-Fixed a gap.
-Updated the UI.
-The contents of the texture file are now included in kn5.
-Created a replay cam.
-Changed the texture of the grass and curb.View attachment 1099393

I saw this post and updated this Track.
I really visited this track a lot in the GTR2 days :)

Thx for replies guys ! and yes ninezeroniner you are right, I want to get rid of the rain physics for the GUE gt4's. it's really annoying.
No one knows how ?
I haven't driven the GUE mods in the rain yet, so I've never noticed your problem. Just had a look at it. What you could try is to unpack the data.acd and change the following line in the data folder in the car.ini from 1 to 0.Then you can rename or delete the data.acd (but make a backup first). After that I had no more problems to drive in the rain. However, it seems that the advanced physics doesn't work with the car anymore. But I have only tried this with the Vantage GT4.

[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=0

But please don't ask me about the connections. I don't really have a clue either. It was just a guess. ;)

Last edited:
Watching that video I think now we have reached the level "You need to have a scientist degree to handle AC weather system". Jesus. But he is on preview182 I see, so I wonder when the patreon users will have it as well (I am one of them).
these versions are mostly debugging releases before a stable version on patreon

@petercrill here's up/down paddleshift animations for the Evo X MR
(drop them in the 'animations' folder)

also edit this into data/driver3d.ini

[SHIFT_ANIMATION]
BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=100
STATIC_TIME=10
NEGATIVE_TIME=100
PRELOAD_RPM=10000
INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0
Thanks for your work. I understood and run the first point. But how and where do I insert the lines?

Could someone give me a quick lesson on what file I need to edit to fix a problem with the driver side mirror on a mod. It is reflecting what is on the passenger side instead of the driver side. Thought maybe it would be a simple fix I could do myself. Would the file be located in the data.acd file or somewhere else? Thanks for any help...
Hi!
Think of the mirrors from left to right as number 0,1,2 (3,4,5 etc if the car has hood mirrors or monitors).
Create an "extension" folder inside the car's folder, and inside create an ext_config.ini (or copy one from any other car's extension folder) and fill it with this:

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1

That example will flip all 3 mirrors. Like I said first, leave whatever mirror you want flipped.
Also, FLIP=2 or FLIP=3 are useful when mirrors are upside down and/or inverted, try those anytime.

Hi!
Think of the mirrors from left to right as number 0,1,2 (3,4,5 etc if the car has hood mirrors or monitors).
Create an "extension" folder inside the car's folder, and inside create an ext_config.ini (or copy one from any other car's extension folder) and fill it with this:

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_1]
FLIP=1

[REAL_MIRROR_2]
FLIP=1

That example will flip all 3 mirrors. Like I said first, leave whatever mirror you want flipped.
Also, FLIP=2 or FLIP=3 are useful when mirrors are upside down and/or inverted, try those anytime.
Thank you. I think I can figure it out from this info. I may need to change the mirror names though. I think the mirror names are different on the mod after unpacking the data file and looking at the mirrors.ini file.

3D clouds seem to have improved but still don't have the variety of the 2D skyboxes, and still look kind of fake to me. I'm guessing there won't be a 2D cloud option with Pure?
My biggest concern though is Pure's reliance on autoexposure, as it's the first thing I turn off in PP filters. In VR you're constantly moving your view, looking left and right at mirrors, and even over your shoulders at times. With AE active the light levels outside change with head movement as if someone is pissing about with a dimmer switch. Fake AE isn't needed, especially in first person view and especially in VR. Our eyes are superb at doing it properly themselves.
The AE problem is fixed with the next CSP and Pure version. In bright light, AE is nearly bypassed. AE is only working for low light, where the different shape of cars (which is the main problem in VR) doesn't matter.

So with the next bundle of CSP and Pure, many of these problems are fixed.

Also, 2D Clouds also cast more balanced shadows (at least for now).
In cockpit view comparison, 3D clouds create strong, totally black shadows casted from the driver's arms to the dashboard, for example. So 2D are much better for the actual driving.
The 2d clouds don't cast shadows. The sun's position is used to find out, if its behind a cloud. Then this value is used to just dim the sun light. So 2d clouds shadow is just the loss of sunlight overall on the track. But i don't understand where a 3d cloud is casting a long shadow from the driver arms. COuld you post a screenshot?

Watching that video I think now we have reached the level "You need to have a scientist degree to handle AC weather system". Jesus. But he is on preview182 I see, so I wonder when the patreon users will have it as well (I am one of them).
Actually you don't need to do anything of this. Those many options are just for people who also want to create additional stuf like weather plans or PPFilter/scripts. Or people who like to play with things and not only use it.
The main motor of AC always was and is the idea of a sandbox, where people make content for other people who take it. Sure that seems complicated, but if you dig in something, too eays solutions leads to many wishes.

About the preview versions. Sure they will be released, but we also need to develop things and therefore such versions are shared in a small group of developers. For the last 2 weeks Ilja was constanly fixing bugs. But to fix things, the version number rises.

@Peter Boese @__EASY__ you guys have the most recent and active contact to Ilja, so therefore, please, for god sake, ask him how this feature is working or what needs to do to have it working:

1639684764867.png

Or maybe you already know? I would love to have the current weather on a track, which is adapting permanently.

Last edited:
I haven't driven the GUE mods in the rain yet, so I've never noticed your problem. Just had a look at it. What you could try is to unpack the data.acd and change the following line in the data folder in the car.ini from 1 to 0.Then you can rename or delete the data.acd (but make a backup first). After that I had no more problems to drive in the rain. However, it seems that the advanced physics doesn't work with the car anymore. But I have only tried this with the Vantage GT4.

[_EXTENSION]
RAIN_DEV=0

But please don't ask me about the connections. I don't really have a clue either. It was just a guess. ;)

Thx so much for the tip ! working perfectly. Now I can enjoy racing in the rain ;)

Last edited:
The 2d clouds don't cast shadows. The sun's position is used to find out, if its behind a cloud. Then this value is used to just dim the sun light. So 2d clouds shadow is just the loss of sunlight overall on the track. But i don't understand where a 3d cloud is casting a long shadow from the driver arms. COuld you post a screenshot?
Hi Peter!
Poor knowledge/choice of words aside (also, I was describing from memory), this is what I was talking about.
I normally run in overcast conditions. Below is a direct comparison where 2d lightning seems more logical to me. Also, the sky pretty much grey/ish (12:50 am), but not dark by any means. 3D segment looks like taken at 22:00.
Is there a slider to diminish shadow intensity? In both cases casted shadows are still closer to black than anything else.
I'm using ClimaxF1 ppf, by the way.

1639686064636.png

This is the sky tone, by the way:
1639686553434.png

Last edited:
@Peter Boese @__EASY__ you guys have the most recent and active contact to Ilja, so therefore, please, for god sake, ask him how this feature is working or what needs to do to have it working:

View attachment 1099818

Or maybe you already know? I would love to have the current weather on a track, which is adapting permanently.
ilja respond:
the idea is that you can add a setup item to your car — for example, for suspension height — but hide it and instead tie it to a dynamic controller

here I tied suspension height to brake pedal, iirc, so when I push it rapidly, car jumps. just as an experiment

could be used, for example, to make a switch so that car would get lower once it gets to a certain speed, or some toggle is pressed (dynamic controllers can use extra buttons as inputs)

ilja respond:
the idea is that you can add a setup item to your car — for example, for suspension height — but hide it and instead tie it to a dynamic controller

here I tied suspension height to brake pedal, iirc, so when I push it rapidly, car jumps. just as an experiment

could be used, for example, to make a switch so that car would get lower once it gets to a certain speed, or some toggle is pressed (dynamic controllers can use extra buttons as inputs)
??! I think this has nothing to do with Live Weather hasn´t it?

I am stucked with CSP 176prev92 because every version after that i am missing some little but very immersive things.
Beside tire smoke, which i must say is spectacular, there is almost no more smoke.

Blown engines gives no smoke at all, and the exhaust smoke is that bright, its barely visible. The great" new flames" feature is back, but now the AI cars rarely spread flames at all.

All particle.fx features like the marbles, pieces or sparks seems also be missing or appearing less often.

All in all the 173prev1 was the last real good version for me. Unfortunately i had some materials-textures problems on some tracks, so decided to go for newer versions.

Of course all that "shortcommings" appers on my AC so maybe another constellations on another verions or systems gives other results. And thats the point some of you mentioned before. There are already too many variables, too many new features, but some not really 100% ready or earlier working features becomes buggy again....

I really visited this track a lot in the GTR2 days :)
Had a couple of laps in 2016

Great flashback with Some1s NSX with the arch fix

Last edited:
Live weather works for me, i dont know if it is dynamic for the session ,but at least it starts the session with the current weather for the locale

Hi Peter!
Poor knowledge/choice of words aside (also, I was describing from memory), this is what I was talking about.
I normally run in overcast conditions. Below is a direct comparison where 2d lightning seems more logical to me. Also, the sky pretty much grey/ish (12:50 am), but not dark by any means. 3D segment looks like taken at 22:00.
Is there a slider to diminish shadow intensity? In both cases casted shadows are still closer to black than anything else.
I'm using ClimaxF1 ppf, by the way.

View attachment 1099820

This is the sky tone, by the way:
View attachment 1099821
Hm. i wouldn't use this filter then. It has nearly no ambient light, therefore you have this crazy contrast of sun and shadows. You tried the _Sol filters already?

Last edited:
Live weather works for me, i dont know if it is dynamic for the session ,but at least it starts the session with the current weather for the locale
This is coming from that one I suppose and is an older feature:

1639687980397.png

Live weather API should normally permanently check the current weather and adapt it then, meaning that it could happen that you really see a change in weather during driving without the use of a weather plan or something.

??! I think this has nothing to do with Live Weather hasn´t it?

with my bad english we misunderstood, here is the right answer:
it just uses live weather for a single player races, more like an example at this stage
like, if you have a 2 hour race with it and during that race rain starts, you’ll see rain in AC
the circuit must have the GPS coordinates in the data for it to work

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back