Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
Velo's Mods presents a rather tidy Series 1 Lotus 30, by Velo and myself. Meticulously researched to provide authentic historical skins, and lifelike features such as dreadful brakes and a fragile gearbox, it's a fun but tense drive! Lap times matched to real life times at Goodwood, Mosport, Road America etc.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v5vd3w060p3i9s5/lotus_30_series_1.zip/file

Please report any errors to me via DM and they will be corrected pronto.
__custom_showroom_1645369309_cr.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_30_series_1_bridgehampton_20-2-122-13-46-12_cr.jpg
Screenshot_lotus_30_goodwood_circuit_17-2-122-21-0-38_cr.jpg

Last edited:
Does anybody know where to get a good version of the Salzburgring in Austria?
@interminded
The best Salzburgring is the "AC Trackreboot" version updated by "Legion"

with the AI update by "KevinK2" or "F_B" (just test both versions)

the graphics updates by "Delta7Fox"

new track camera by "safie hellie"

and a new extension config by Sliderman.

Attachments

• extension.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 28
That looks legit AF! Talk about an insta-buy, and of course ALL the skins will out within days! :D
I wish they'd also do a generic 1986/7 Turbo F1 car, to compliment the Kunos Lotus 98T. That Lotus doesn't look right with other team skins on it.
Looking forward to a GregVR video with this bad boy!

+1 on a 1986/87 F1 car. I would purchase that!

Last edited:
In other news... preview of the upcoming Formula RSS 2013 by Race Sim Studio.

That’s curious.

I wonder why RSS decided it was necessary to go for a 2013 car from the V8 era when we already have the Ferrari F138 filling that spot.

They could have gone for a 2009 car with a double diffuser or a 2010 car with the f-duct system instead and it would have been far more interesting.

I mean it'll still be a good car but it's not as exciting to me as it could have been.

Last edited:
Quick look at Mascot's change-log, doesn't look like it. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
The new car model is a huge improvement but the driver position, scaling, shifting etc seems carried over from the original.
If you use VR or have the driver visible: swap in the steer.ksanim and the shift.ksanim from the 'animations' folder on the car I tweaked, then swap in the new driver_base_pos.knh below to the car folder (remove the .txt from the file name first), and change steer ratio in data/driver3d.ini from 360 to 270... it should help.
Can't remember who the OG modder was here at GTP but please feel free to fold these in to any future updates if you think they're an improvement.
edit: it was @sera4649 - thanks again for the lovely car and for these great updates.

The CM LoD generator does a decent job with this car too.

Attachments

• driver_base_pos.knh.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
The new car model is a huge improvement but the driver position, scaling, shifting etc seems carried over from the original.
If you use VR or have the driver visible: swap in the steer.ksanim and the shift.ksanim from the 'animations' folder on the car I tweaked, then swap in the new driver_base_pos.knh below to the car folder (remove the .txt from the file name first), and change steer ratio in data/driver3d.ini from 360 to 270... it should help.
Can't remember who the OG modder was here at GTP but feel free to fold these in to any future updates if you think they're an improvement.
Would you mind reposting the animations, please? The link in your previous post tells me Mediafire considers it a dangerous file!

It's nice to look at but is anyone else having these issues?
  1. Auto gets stuck in second gear (rarely happens with other cars)
  2. Brakes skip / lock then unlock rapidly even with ABS on (never happened with other cars)
  3. Tyre temps are always shown as white in the Sidekick App (very-rarely happens with other cars)
Short video:

1. and 2., are working fine here.
3. I don't use Sidekick.
silhouette
Are you talking about this?
1645382372758.png

1645382397772.png

Hi, please, does someone knows what happened this? race lap times is not shown after the end....sometimes, in some tracks, with some cars...is randomly
For what I understood, it might have to do with cars/tracks names with CAPS letters,
or/and cars/tracks names with more than 32 characters (including 'spaces').

Not sure, tho, but almost sure.;)

Hi! I would like to ask you: Pikes Peak.
On Breathe's "holy" file there's a 0.86 version (pay) but on Sim Traxx I cannot find it.
I found only free 0.81 version but works very very good, I add only replay cam.
Do you confirm? What's the difference between 0.81 and 0.86?
Pikes Peak great american race!
Thanks.

Last edited:
Seems like the "OG" modder of the Mazda Cosmo Sport has released v2.0 of this classic little car.
Immediately obvious is a massive improvement in the model (trenches around door-frame are gone, for example), and ...
There are contact details in the ui_car.json 😂

It comes with some issues. One of them.
1645383149170.png

Looking for advice from skin makers. Doing a real life skin for the VRC NA 2021 with a gradient. I'm having a tough time lining up the gradient onto the different parts of the file. Keeping the gradient across different sections is difficult, keep consistent width is difficult.

What would be the easiest way to get this done?

__custom_showroom_1645383242.jpg

vrc-car-body.jpg

AES gradient.png

Hello friends

I found this car
It has headlights under the hood, but the headlights don't open.
I noticed that they are separate suitcases for the retractable headlights, and in the removable ones as well. If anyone has a solution, I'm all ears. Strong hug

Pontiac Firebird Modern

You would need to animate it thru blender

edit: well done finding the reason!! Had the same issue
So @ukzz4iroc and @Fall Guy I want to delete Reshade (since I have no more interest and I'm not using it anymore) and I have v4.6.1. something? What I need to do to delete reshade? (I also hope to make those cars work)🤞
The question is for anyone that know the answer ;)

Last edited:
Velo's Mods presents a rather tidy Series 1 Lotus 30, by Velo and myself. Meticulously researched to provide authentic historical skins, and lifelike features such as dreadful brakes and a fragile gearbox, it's a fun but tense drive! Lap times matched to real life times at Goodwood, Mosport, Road America etc.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v5vd3w060p3i9s5/lotus_30_series_1.zip/file

Please report any errors to me via DM and they will be corrected pronto.
View attachment 1115830View attachment 1115831View attachment 1115832
Beautiful car!
Thanks very much, it's gorgeous - and lots of fun to drive. Top job.

Hi! I would like to ask you: Pikes Peak.
On Breathe's "holy" file there's a 0.86 version (pay) but on Sim Traxx I cannot find it.
I found only free 0.81 version but works very very good, I add only replay cam.
Do you confirm? What's the difference between 0.81 and 0.86?
Pikes Peak great american race!
Thanks.

The post also contains the link to the YT video above, which in turn contains the download link to Pikes Peak (other version).

Last edited:
Are you talking about this?
No, about this :

preview.jpg

Looking for advice from skin makers. Doing a real life skin for the VRC NA 2021 with a gradient. I'm having a tough time lining up the gradient onto the different parts of the file. Keeping the gradient across different sections is difficult, keep consistent width is difficult.

What would be the easiest way to get this done
I don't really have any advice, if you use 2D this is basically your worst nightmare, and you don't have to think of it in 3D (like, with Substance).

I'm doing 2D only. I usually make the graphic in one piece, quite 3 or 4 times the size for rendering, then divide it in multiples ones to get there exact position, then "link" the borders as best has I could with the transformation tools, following the wireframe (that's when you absolutly needs it! Don"t use the AO for that, use the wireframe). Then save, look at the preview, modify your mistake, save, look at the preview, modify... :)

What would be the easiest way to get this done?

View attachment 1115881

View attachment 1115880

View attachment 1115882
It's often useful to include the wireframe in your layer-stack (of course unsetting it's visibility before export) as a guide?

PS. You could also add a grid overlay to the master layer of the gradient, group or link them, and the flip the combo for sides. Use a guide lined up on side 1 and align side 2 (flipped) to the guide. Vertical and horizontal of course.

Last edited:
No, about this :

View attachment 1115895

I don't really have any advice, if you use 2D this is basically your worst nightmare, and you don't have to think of it in 3D (like, with Substance).

I'm doing 2D only. I usually make the graphic in one piece, quite 3 or 4 times the size for rendering, then divide it in multiples ones to get there exact position, then "link" the borders as best has I could with the transformation tools, following the wireframe (that's when you absolutly needs it! Don"t use the AO for that, use the wireframe). Then save, look at the preview, modify your mistake, save, look at the preview, modify... :)
Ahh, this one.
But you mentioned 11 colors, that's why I posted the other.
1645390178414.png

If anyone picked up the cool Berta Tornado SP
preview.jpg

but was disappointed with it not reaching its top speed of 285kph...

here is a data replacement that does not take away the flavor, but allows you to enjoy the full taste :)

changelog:
  • increased power between 7000 and 7250
  • total hp and torque @rated rpm unchanged
  • small aero tweek for top speed tuning
  • recalculated rev limit for proper gearing speed in UI
  • translated UI description story to English
  • updated UI with new power graph
  • updated UI to version 1.2a for ease of identification
* includes original data.acd backup

Attachments

• dj_berta_tornado_sp - datafix v1.2a.zip
    69 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back