Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,018 comments
I will see which direction Pyyer and Daniel Paez go first - I have tried it and it is a good version but we do need someone with the skillset to update them to the 2022 layout hopefully

This is the first full season that we will hopefully see Pyyer's wonderful extensions and Daniel Paez textures for all the circuits
View attachment 1131179
I hope @Pyyer will a. continue and b. use the Chiqui version for Australian extension hence the PatrikPat one has already animated (when outdated) displays on it which also look very good.

Regarding RT Sebring Bumps (physical track mesh)

I just wanted to post this as I thought it might be a interesting discussion point.

I have been having a interesting discussion today about RT Sebring being 20% too bumpy..it's is claimed by a well known scratch track maker that the original source material (the s397 laser scan data untouched in the conversion) when compared to the lidar (presumably) data is approx 20% higher in elevation.

I'm super interested in all your opinions on this...why would s397 tamper with what must have been a fairly expensive and expansive in accuracy laser scan data set?.. would this not undermine the superior physics engine claims for rfactor2. Do they do this with other laser scanned tracks?

Also on a side note I remember driving the conversion of Nord's from AC to rfactor2 and not thinking it felt underwelmingly bumpy.

Lastly what are your gut feelings on how rtsebring currently feels...to me imo..and comparing footage from real life on board cams..I'd say it's about right

Also last side note.. surely a professional locally scanned data set would represent a better feeling of the surface intracasies than lidar data ever could, regardless of the claimed 20% increase

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this

Jim
From my perspective, I would tend to trust publicly available data over proprietary data, as a general rule.
Doesn't mean it HAS to be right, but it's very likely, IMO.

As to why s397's data would be incorrect, it could be any number of reasons.
It could be a mistake, or it could be on purpose.
Perhaps it was felt that the "real" data didn't properly convey the bumpiness of the track.
We all know that the current generation of racing physics engines are not perfect 1:1 representations of reality.
Some data need to be "fudged" in order to get a good output result, and some aspects will remain lacking no matter what.
I.E. the correct input won't necessarily result in the correct output.

As a sim-enthusiast, I'm firmly of the belief that it's the output that matters. If it behaves as it's real-life counterpart (or as close as) in the game, it's good, and if it doesn't, it's not. Regardless of how correct the input data is.

Unfortunately, that doesn't really help in knowing what would be the best approach in this case.
I would tentatively suggest that going with the, presumably correct, lower bumpiness would be advisable.
While the physics engines, as mentioned, aren't perfect, they're still robust, and I suspect an overly bumpy track
would affect the car's behavior, and/or how to setup the car for such a track, in an unrealistic manner.
Perhaps.
This is all conjecture, of course, but at least that's my two (slightly belated) cents!

just to share with the forum another incredible track conversion made by CHiQuiFReaKy:

Melbourne 2019 (released nov.2021)

definitely the best melbourne track for assetto ATM and luckily this is already very good optimized.
Hope @Pyyer could use this for his upcoming works!

please @Cozy61 , use this version, is way better

I will see which direction Pyyer and Daniel Paez go first - I have tried it and it is a good version but we do need someone with the skillset to update them to the 2022 layout hopefully

This is the first full season that we will hopefully see Pyyer's wonderful extensions and Daniel Paez textures for all the circuits
View attachment 1131179
Here's my take on the subject of Albert Park versions :

Sure, CHQ version is better in terms of graphics but at this time it's still only beta (is there any final track version from CHQ?) so it is very evolutive (and there was a lot of work on jeddah because of it)

For some reasons, CHQ version seems to lack a lot of grip (my laptimes on it are +5 seconds with RSS Hybrid X 2022!)
Have someone noticed that too?

melbourne_2019 is pretty good in my opinion and I already have a lot of work done on it (addons extensions are creations not conversions so I prepare them weeks/months in advance and CHQ was a paid mod at the time).
I cannot work on two different versions, jeddah was an exception because the performance and quality difference were very important)

Regarding 2022 layout changes, it will be difficult to include them in addons (like it was with Yas Marina) because track model and physics must be changed and it will take many weeks to do so with an acceptable level of quality

If you have some arguments for using CHQ version, I will be pleased to read them and also what track versions you suggest for the whole F1 schedule 🙂 (and the question of Miami which exists only as a paid mod and will come very soon)

...by the way I also plan to create non F1 tracks addons or historical versions too... ;)

New Layout in Melbourne??? Did I miss something?
Ex4TRH9W8AMCN_1.jpg:large

I agree. But I have a question...
How is it that my lap times on the CHiQuiFReaKy version are considerably slower than on the acu, patrikPAT, Slider666 version.
After recalculating track length in CM I see that the CHiQui version is 8m longer, but that doesn't explain a 8-10" difference in lap times I have at the moment, which goes for several cars I tried on both tracks...
Anybody else noticed this ?
Also gazing at the different trees (especially the much better looking palm trees in the CHiQui) wouldn't cost so much time I presume :sly:
I guess it's the grip. track is very slippy: I run a 1'27 on melbourne_2019 and a difficult 1'34 with ChiQui version.

hey all,
I've got a question about brakes:
I have a 90's F1 car, a Lola-Ferrari T93/30.
Looks good, steers good, sounds good... brakes are horrible.. just way too soft, not enough to stop a beast like this on time.,
In terms of setup I can only adjust brake bias and brake power. Brake power is already at a 100% by the way.

So the question is: How can I get this car to brake better?
Is there a file I need to /can edit?

Sure, CHQ version is better in terms of graphics but at this time it's still only beta (is there any final track version from CHQ?) so it is very evolutive (and there was a lot of work on jeddah because of it)

For some reasons, CHQ version seems to lack a lot of grip (my laptimes on it are +5 seconds with RSS Hybrid X 2022!)

melbourne_2019 is pretty good in my opinion and I already have a lot of work done on it (addons extensions are creations not conversions so I prepare them weeks/months in advance and CHQ was a paid mod at the time).
I cannot work on two different versions, jeddah was an exception because the performance and quality difference were very important)

Regarding 2022 layout changes, it will be difficult to include them in addons (like it was with Yas Marina) because track model and physics must be changed and it will take many weeks to do so with an acceptable level of quality

If you have some arguments for using CHQ version, I will be pleased to read them and also what track versions you suggest for the whole F1 schedule 🙂 (and the question of Miami which exists only as a paid mod and will come very soon)

...by the way I also plan to create non F1 tracks addons or historical versions too... ;)
@Pyyer Thank you for your creations - I know how much time is needed just to do my changes so I really appreciate what you and others do to make our AC F1 experience more immersive - Especially as it comes to us 'Gratis' - Like you I work on the tracks that are free first (not the case with Miami but hey ho) and adjust to what is best in terms of extras - Now i am in my 6th decade I would have never believed that racing sims could come this far (VIC-20's rock!) - It's given me a whole new experience of racing around the world without even buying a plane ticket 🤣 Keep up the great work - whatever track it is - Its really appreciated

Last edited:
Alright mate, settle down. Was just a suggestion. 😤
I am settled thanks.
The suggestion was pointless had you of read previous posts regarding the bug with latest CSP.
You get a guy downloading something which is bundled in with CSP anyway.

in my opinion the CHQ version is much more immersive, (tested with oculus rift) to raise the grip a little could be enough by raising the value on the surface.ini file by one point?

For those who will need this in the future...Simulating IMSA races I've got race terminating AI crashes and traffics at last corner of Long Beach so I've asked help here few pages ago and @KevinK2 suggested me to replace the Rollover prototype cars because their AI is not working well. So replaced the Rollovers DPIs by Rollovers GTP planet DPI and Rollover Oreca 07 LMP2 by Oreca tk and the issues are gone.

Oreca 07 v1.21
Unknown / ACTK
Fix tyres.ini
Fix F6 cameras
Add Flames
Add wiper
Add AO skins
Add COCKPIT_HR in 3d model for work low-res cockpit in LOD
http://www.assetto-fr.tk/AC-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1347

oreca_07.jpg
An another assetto fr TK link if the oreca 07 link above don't work

Last edited:

Dare to share some more details on which tracks you´ve been working on recently?

For those who will need this in the future...Simulating IMSA races I've got race terminating AI crashes and traffics at last corner of Long Beach so I've asked help here few pages ago and @KevinK2 suggested me to replace the Rollover prototype cars because their AI is not working well. So replaced the Rollovers DPIs by Rollovers GTP planet DPI and Rollover Oreca 07 LMP2 by Oreca tk and the issues are gone.
Before I went to bed last night, I had a quick check on the Rollovers DPi's. There appeared to be what I think is a mistake or a typo in the ai.ini for all the cars (trail hint number).

I remembered that a while back @Caddy_DPi uploaded a DPi physics swap for these cars, which I found in my archive. In it, he adjusted that number and perhaps changed the physics a bit, not to mention different sounds. I reinstalled that, and the cars and the ai worked much better. It looked like the original link is down, so I hope he doesn't mind if I share it. If he complains I will remove it:

Today I was going the check the GTP DPi's later today but it looks like you already did- glad to hear they work better. You also mentioned a few other cars, but I did not have a problem with the VRC Formula NA 2021 and an Oreca IMSA that I had in my install, tested at 100% strength and 80% aggression.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity.. is anyone here using the Real Steering forces output option in the csp ffb tweaks ?

Does is make any difference?
Wich cars do supports this ?
That option is there only for users with DirectDrive steering wheel.
So if you don't have it you should leave it off.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back