Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,691 comments
well hes been uploading every car i release with copied physics saying dont pay for conversions

And he is very right, i know where all the models you use come from and it is ok (not the finest kind, but ok) for me, most 3d models/cars aren't from scratch
and hardly anyone is interested either, just someone started being stupid with the money patreon train and boom the capitalist woke up, doing something with the aim of asking for something is really a mean thing in modding, I'm just saying GADUBoyz, perfect mods and don't take money for them.

On the other hand, Jaskier just makes rubbish and wants something in return, you can see the differences couldn't be bigger.
to each his own...

everyone has a different opinion and no one knows the ultimate truth.

Thank you both Legion and TMW

And he is very right, i know where all the models you use come from and it is ok (not the finest kind, but ok) for me, most 3d models/cars aren't from scratch
and hardly anyone is interested either, just someone started being stupid with the money patreon train and boom the capitalist woke up, doing something with the aim of asking for something is really a mean thing in modding, I'm just saying GADUBoyz, perfect mods and don't take money for them.

On the other hand, Jaskier just makes rubbish and wants something in return, you can see the differences couldn't be bigger.
to each his own...

everyone has a different opinion and no one knows the ultimate truth.

Thank you both Legion and TMW
It's an interesting contrast to the GTR2 / GT Legends / rFactor era. Yeah, there are a lot of projects for those games that were announced and then went into limbo because of how much time it took for even a team of people to make a really high-quality car (the name "Brickyard Legends Team" comes to mind, though even their "stalled" Group 5 Era project resulted in a pretty big collection of mods anyways). But even though I stumbled across that modding scene in its (comparatively) waning years, right when people were first migrating en masse to Assetto, I could tell it was more a dedicated hobby that people did because they wanted to create something nobody else had, and not just a way to emulate the DLC model with less quality control. When mod updates, conversions, and variations could flourish because there wasn't money at stake, just a request for acknowledgement and credit, there was a lot less nonsense like model encryption and "lol here's a YouTube clip of a private mod you'll never get to play." Maybe AC modding being apparently more difficult and arcane than GTR2/GTL/rF accelerated the need to be financially compensated for all the extra time involved, but it's still a tendency I can't get used to.

Last edited:
well hes been uploading every car i release with copied physics saying dont pay for conversions
Do you mean that he has "stolen" your conversion? Or has he just converted it from the same source? I don't have your Brabham or Wolf to do the comparison myself, but I THINK (can't be 100% sure but pretty sure anyway) that Legion's "don't pay for conversions" -policy wasn't about re-releasing stolen pay mods, but making his own conversions instead so that people would not pay for them.

Do you mean that he has "stolen" your conversion? Or has he just converted it from the same source? I don't have your Brabham or Wolf to do the comparison myself, but I THINK (can't be 100% sure but pretty sure anyway) that Legion's "don't pay for conversions" -policy wasn't about re-releasing stolen pay mods, but making his own conversions instead so that people would not pay for them.
I don't think hes "stolen" my conversion maybe just the physics, either way I don't care as he has provided all of us with so much content. I would just of preferred if he had messaged me and been like I don't think this is cool etc and I'd of been happy to finish off the rest of the remaining cars with him. Either way I remain a fan of his work.

I see this forum as a gauge of the wider community and I can now totally see where the complaints are coming from. Even though I spent a long time (especially on the Brabham Bt46B) if its not popular I guess I must listen to the will of "the people".

Just to be clear though on what I've released free vs paid

Free
  • Ferrari 458 GT3
  • F1 1958 - Full rework
  • Rostock Osthafenkurs 1952 - 1954
  • 1991 Jaguar XJR15 Race Car
  • Porsche Carrera GT-R
  • Ultima GTR GT2 Sport
  • Renault Sport Spider

Patreon
  • Brabham BT46B
  • Wolf WR5/6
  • Renault Twizy F1
As you can clearly see what's been released as free has been some stuff I easily could of justifiably charged for.

TuranRabat I respect your opinion, you were one of the first people to help me when I joined.

As a good will gesture I will update one of my Patreon exlcusive mods and re-release as a free mod for everyone.

Edit - it will have to be the Twizy as that makes most sense. I will ask @El Locho to work his magic on the wipers once I've split the meshes. I'm ill and not at my workstation atm so might be some time.

Last edited:
I don't think hes "stolen" my conversion maybe just the physics, either way I don't care as he has provided all of us with so much content. I would just of preferred if he had messaged me and been like I don't think this is cool etc and I'd of been happy to finish off the rest of the remaining cars with him. Either way I remain a fan of his work.

I see this forum as a gauge of the wider community and I can now totally see where the complaints are coming from. Even though I spent a long time (especially on the Brabham Bt46B) if its not popular I guess I must listen to the will of "the people".

TuranRabat I respect your opinion, you was one of the first people to help me when I joined.

As a good will gesture I will update one of my Patreon exlcusive mods and re-release as a free mod for everyone.
What a nice response, thank you for it. I just saw a risk here that someone would mistake Legion for a pay-mod-stealer and that it would lead into another one of those "debates" here.

This could also just be personal experience driving my perspective, in that every time I read "someone stole a pay mod and reworked it for a free release" I think about the whole situation surrounding RTM and SimDream and what kind of scams they were pulling on people. I'll probably have to overcome some bias on my part in trying to remember that some pay-mod developers actually give a damn and don't just expect people to pay for Forza rips (or rF/GTR2 rips, for that matter) with physics copied from default Kunos cars.

Last edited:
hello!

-> V1.2 Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for Baku_2019. Now we can feel the road!
I did it watching real onboard videos to be as close as I could to the real thing. Obviously is not laser scanned but I'm quite happy with it.

-> Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for acf_salvador

->Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for ddm_gt6_r246

-> V1.1 Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for t21_long_beach_nrms

-> Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for indonesia_circuit

->Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for moscow_raceway

->Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for actk_adria_raceway

->Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for adelaide_2016

->Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for gb_gedinne

https://www.mediafire.com/file/76cpv9bxmh6ogdi/gb_gedinne_RPM.rar/file

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hopefully the answer is "more mods that actually work and do what the car they purport to simulate is capable of in real life." I am repeatedly amazed by the variety of cars that people create for this game, and then repeatedly let down by how cut-and-pasted or half-heartedly guessed the physics are, not to mention the "who cares, just do whatever" approach to general historical and period-correct details like liveries or rims. It seems like more often than not it has to come down to people taking half-hearted mods and getting into the guts of all their .ini and .ks files just to make a '60s touring car feel more like a '60s touring car, and less like one of the modern sedans that came with the game. Hopefully this manual will provide a good start for myself and many others fed up with placeholder physics and apathetic attention to detail.

Just a personal reply to that, but even when a mod isn't a masterpiece, and the modder hasn't got an understanding of the physics requirements for AC, I'm still really grateful for them doing it, so long as it's labelled as such and it's not encrypted.

I race exclusively vintage content in AC, offline most of the time, and having a variety of cars on a grid adds loads to me in immersion terms, so a nice looking car with placeholder physics can still add loads for me. And if a physics expert picks it up and reworks something that already has great 3D then even better!

There were several great mods for rF and GTR2 and other games, but likewise there's a tonne of incredible scratch built, high quality content for AC too. Examples chosen as the first ones that spring to mind, but tracks like FatAlfie's and cars like NiceCuppaTea's incredible 20s set are things I never dreamed of seeing in my lifetime in the quality we have. Then there's also a load of well done conversions, which massively improve on their original versions; Reboot team, ACLegends crew, Zwiss' tracks and plenty of others.

Another good thing is that there are more ways for the best modders to get a career in the industry now than there were back then. Whether it's RSS creating paid content for AC, Lilski working on private commissions or the number of ex modders creating cars, tracks and sounds for rF2, AMS2, Raceroom, ACC and several other projects, good on them for 'making it' IMO.

Sorry, I rambled on a bit there, but the TLDR is that in my opinion there's loads of great people and content around, plenty of excellent collaboration and a golden age for the ability to customise the game to my liking.

Hi !
Do you have a fix for your Ultima GTR for the light issue ingame ?
Thanks
There‘s a fix for the lights, I don’t remember if the mod was updated with the fix…

hello!

-> Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for Baku_2019. Now we can feel the road!
I did it watching real onboard videos to be as close as I could to the real thing. Obviously is not laser scanned but I'm quite happy with it.

->Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for t21_long_beach_nrms

Cheers!
Thank you for this update on the PRM for long beach and baku, before it felt flat and smooth like a ice skating rink, finally you can actually understand what you're driving on.

I thought I'll share my quick drive preset in case somebody would like to test it.

You'll need the VRC prototypes (Audi and Panoz to be more exact), the RSS GT and NGT pack, the Corvette C5 from Legion and there's a Lola/MG EX257 and a Dallara SP1 Judd which I'm pretty sure are from NielB1970's LMP pack.

Here are the skins for the payware cars:

JML Team Panoz #10 and #11 (by Brandydo)

Audi R8 2+1 Car Pack (by Brandydo)

Porsche Pack (by Brandydo)

GTS "Field Fillers" Car Pack by Brandydo - you are awsome, man!!!)

Alex Job Racing #23 and #24 (by TTC)

Risi Competizione #35 (by Sirknight224)

JMB Racing #28 and #29 (by Sirknight224 - thank you, good sir)

Prodrive Ferrari #08 and #88 (by Sirknight224)

I think that's all!
speaking of dallara...

1652822898029.png

1652822919650.png

4 Variants of the Dallara SP1 with correct models too.
2003 spec ;)

1652822961067.png

hello!

.../...
Hmm... I just tried Baku (which felt to smooth indeed), but as I feel it now after the 'fix' (using a Simucube DD wheel) it's a bit too much. I mean, the road now feels practically the same as the kerbs.
Driven with a Norma M20 FC.

hahah I see Legion is angry at me. I'll just make all future F1 1978 cars free. For the record these weren't just straight conversions, the interiors and exterior parts had been remodeled. You could tell by the rims alone for whom it may concern.

Its a shame than rather just message me, people have to resort to this.
I too have converted cars others were gatekeeping behind a paywall. Not hacking their sites or stealing anything, but rather using the same models (really available freely if you know where to look) and spending hours to convert for everyone to enjoy for free. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with charging because it does require a lot of time, or converting for free for those who cannot afford to pay. To each their own. A fun hobby to enjoy this is.

Hi !
Do you have a fix for your Ultima GTR for the light issue ingame ?
Thanks
@El Locho posted a fix soon after release on here, hes also fixed the wiper issue. I'm going to iron out the other issues and release shortly.
Some updates were mentioned a while ago?
:lol: before any releases I will issue the fixes. I can't lie I haven't even started on the Spider yet, new rig, borked simplygon and illness has held up all of my work.

which leads me onto an important side note. Other users have posted pieces of it here but not sure if it was clear to everyone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIMPLYGON FIX

The new Simplygon (9.2.7.000.0) doesnt work with Content Manager. Those of us using a Free Licence are forced to upgrade to the latest version hence why downgrading to an older version wont automatically work.

Clear the generated Lods cache in CM

Uninstall Simplygon and delete all foldes on your drive and documents.

Restart Computer

Download and install an older version of Simplygon from here:

https://github.com/microsoft/Simplygon-DCC-Integrations/releases

Run "SimplygonLicenseApplication" which can be found in the install directory.

Select "Install Simplygon Title Evaluation Licence"

This is a temporary solution until its fixed. Each email address used will give you 30 days usage of Simplygon. Not ideal but its working again.

Last edited:
Hmm... I just tried Baku (which felt to smooth indeed), but as I feel it now after the 'fix' (using a Simucube DD wheel) it's a bit too much. I mean, the road now feels practically the same as the kerbs.
Driven with a Norma M20 FC.
yep, as almost everything is a matter of taste... maybe the problems now are Kerbs. I run the test on a DD2 and I tried different levels of bumps. Try this one, it is softer

(rename this new file as a aku_2019_surface.kn5 and replace the other)

but consider that Baku is a street circuit, it has a loot of "imperfections". Kunos's Barcelona for example is even more agreesive

cheers

Last edited:
hello!

->Physical Road Mesh (PRM) for t21_long_beach_nrms

Cheers!
Very cool initiative !

Could you do Machwerk please? It really really needs it, all actk tracks need it in fact

yep, as almost everything is a matter of taste... maybe the problems now are Kerbs. I run the test on a DD2 and I tried different levels of bumps. Try this one, it is softer

(rename this new file as a aku_2019_surface.kn5 and replace the other)

but consider that Baku is a street circuit, it has a loot of "imperfections". Kunos's Barcelona for example is even more agreesive

cheers
After installing the softer version, I tried again with the Norma (changes were subtle) and also with some other cars.
The road doesn't feel 'bumpy', it's more a constant rumble, that gets amplified in each corner and (on my wheel and settings) feels a bit nasty, like driving on cobbles. That effect is tangible in all cars I tried, even the ones with softer suspension where the 'straight line' road feel is barely noticeable.

You refered to ks_barcelona which has indeed quite some road feel & bumps, but in the corners the feel is the same, not that 'cobble' effect.
Oh well, it's indeed a matter of taste, and is also depending on the used gear/settings.
This from someone that has no issues at all with bumpy tracks (ref Sebring and Mid Ohio with the noon smoothed surface). :D

Ferrari 355 Berlinetta and ferrari F355 Berlinetta F1

Authors: GADU Boyz Mod, updated Peugeot905

download link: https://www.mediafire.com/.../Ferrari_355_Berlinetta.7z/file

Other mods I have updated or converted: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hb0hx8n6y3c8b/Assetto_Corsa_Mods_1

Changelog
-Updated accurate gear ratio's(courtesy of Motortrend)
-Upated Tyres to help replicate reliastic grip levels.
-Updated Previews for mod.
-Updates to .Lut tyre files
-Slight modifications to car.ini
-other slight modifications.

Test's used for data
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/ferrari-f355-berlinetta/
https://www.caranddriver.com/.../ferrari-f355-archived.../
https://www.roadandtrack.com/.../1995-ferrari-f355.../
Also BestMotoring videos

__custom_showroom_1652833384.jpg

__custom_showroom_1652833395.jpg

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1652829469.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1652829469.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 11
  • __custom_showroom_1652829458.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1652829458.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 11
all Stock Cars Brazil or Argentina on my Discord (all official links for free and paymod) in ASSETTO CORSA MODS and v8_and_stockcar :

- Stock Car Brazil by 1ST Studio Racing 2019 (ERL free mod version before 2021) : https://mega.nz/file/EAcGiC4T#nq1Ea_8qADmcVQus_WHcvDMNtyvBIIc1sqFYDNzzkZM

- Stock car Brasil 2013 ERL by First Studio Race Peugeot + Chevrolet (paymod) : https://www.erleague.com.br/product-page/racecar-brasil-20134-sonic-peugeot

- Stock car Brasil 2020 (Cruze + Toyota) ERL (paymod) : https://www.erleague.com.br/product-page/stock-car-2020-cruze-toyota

- Stock car Light 2019 by GAV v1.0 : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

- Gran Turismo Sudamericano GTS mod by APVS (paymod) : https://apvs.com.ar/producto/mod-gran-turismo-sudamericano-gts-assetto-corsa-v-1-1/

After a lot of argentinian mods but it's private mods .....

View attachment 1150698
Thank you!

yep, as almost everything is a matter of taste...

but consider that Baku is a street circuit, it has a loot of "imperfections"
Beyond taste, note that baku gets resurfaced a few weeks before the race. Cant recall if its every year or every other, but it´s probably every year.
Ofc the undulations of the terrain will be there during race week but not the bumps from wear and tear in the surface.

Edit: nvm can't find the source for that

Last edited:
Please excuse me for asking, I remember seeing something about a Tokyo R246 conversion for AC? I was away from my sim rig when it was released and don't recall seeing it anywhere to download now. If someone could send that to me or direct me to where I can download it, then it would be extremely appreciated, thank you.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back