Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,216 comments
Is there any skydome for clear sky?
All the track I tried 2D clouds with clear sky had ZERO clouds in it, pure blue all around. As opposed to 3D where some fainted clouds here and there.
Kind of, for now there is the "Clear" weather, which has some soft clouds in the lower suns. I will add such textures later. I think they will randomly selected then...

Hey all! I am a big fan of organizing my cars in categories/tags etc, and was wondering if you had any insight on what dictates the "Categories", tab pictured below. I've tried searching myself but have had no luck

1655132487916.png

I have the latest Canada_2021 track, and the updated files pack, but I'm finding the AI cars are pitting after only a handful of laps for some reason.
I tried placing the fast_lane.ini file in the data folder and renaming it to ideal_line.ini, as this has fixed similar problems on other tracks, but not on this one. Does anyone know of any fixes?

Last edited:
nothing wrong with 917 Heritage liveries too... (nudge nudge, wink wink)
View attachment 1160030
modern ideas..
In the meantime here's an alternative Heritage livery for this mod...
The lines seem a little skewed - the model is not entirely mapped straight...

917_LL_03.png

Last edited:
Look here: C:\Users\________\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data (User)\Car Categories
Hey all! I am a big fan of organizing my cars in categories/tags etc, and was wondering if you had any insight on what dictates the "Categories", tab pictured below. I've tried searching myself but have had no luck

View attachment 1160621
this is a good starting point.

The complete racing record of the 166S is here (no photos, but driver names and race numbers) https://www.racingsportscars.com/type/archive/Ferrari/166 S.html

You have to be careful with this list as it includes the touring bodied car. The Spyder Corsa won the 1947 Gran Premio di Torino when it was a 159C. It also ran in the Modena GP that year and the Circuito di Pescara. The cars were often rebodied as well as receiving new engines.

A similar looking car started as a 125S and its record is here: http://www.barchetta.cc/english/all.ferraris/detail/02c.125c.spyder.corsa.htm

Here is a similar record for the Allard J2:
Thanks TimLotus

VRC/RSS F1 2022 Custom Championship

Race Week 9 Canada: 09_canada_gp22 track update

Original Track credits to @marc_13000 for track-mod update with additional AI/Extensions by @racealot

F1 2022 renamed tracks GDrive Link:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bshEhqxZN0HTbyyOD8V8CA8ABO2l3Y1b?usp=sharing

Loading Screen and track rename by Cozy61
bgr09.jpg

Crowd SFX (to be added later)

Reminder: Just to be clear this not another version it’s a renamed one for use with my F1 custom championship if you are not using the championship then stick with the canada_2021 version with any additional add-ons

Last edited:
Spent way too much time on this, if anyone would like to improve it that'd be cool, needs lods and optimising and many other things.
I removed mostly all the police stuff apart from black grille and black boot panel which I like, added a centre console, shifter and pedals from Kunos mustang gt along with engine transmission brakes and electronics, lots of other small things too.
Can't figure out how to stop the exhaust flames I added flames and flame presets just to have exhaust smoke.
All credit to Bruce kelt for the car and Iroush for the physics, I lowered it slightly and stiffened the shocks and springs a little bit.
Feel free to edit it however you see fit.. View attachment 1160291

If anyone has problems with me sharing this please let me know and I'll remove it immediately.

Hey, nice edit. Now i have a proper Crown Vic in my Collection - thanks for sharing.
I made some LODs for it. Can be downloaded here:
Crown Vic LODs

In the Content Manager there is a division into road or race, how can I permanently change this into separate categories such as F1 or DTM or FIA WSC?

Of course I can open something of my own, but in the dropdown menu there is always only the 2 (street, race)

Nice!!
Will this be free or paid?
I dont remember whst pessio said
Since it has appeared in the "what are you working on'' thread at Racedepartment, it can only be free. Since it has the same rule as here which is "you can't advertise your pay mod on the forum". Therefore what you see is what you'll get for free!

Pessio has said himself it will be a free mod.

Talking about categories here is what I have done with mine...
1655146748263.png

I add a tag on each car which decade or decades it belongs too and then I can filter them out this way.

I took it a bit far but spent way too much time trying to find fonts that fit the decade too. 😅

Makes finding cars and making up fun AI race grids much easier with the amount of mods installed.

Last edited:

VRC/RSS F1 2022 Custom Championship

Race Week 9 Canada: 09_canada_gp22 track update

Original Track credits to @marc_13000 for track-mod update with additional AI/Extensions by @racealot

F1 2022 renamed tracks GDrive Link:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bshEhqxZN0HTbyyOD8V8CA8ABO2l3Y1b?usp=sharing

Loading Screen and track rename by Cozy61
View attachment 1160634

Crowd SFX (to be added later)

Reminder: Just to be clear this not another version it’s a renamed one for use with my F1 custom championship if you are not using the championship then stick with the canada_2021 version with any additional add-ons
@Cozy61 you know better, which is more complete "montreal by terra21" or "canada_2021 by Marc_13000"?

View attachment 1160649
I add a tag on each car which decade or decades it belongs too and then I can filter them out this way.

I took it a bit far but spent way too much time trying to find fonts that fit the decade too. 😅

Makes finding cars and making up fun AI race grids much easier with the amount of mods installed.
Amazing... :eek: would you be so kind to share that? I miss having better organization with the hundreds of mods installed... 😞

Last edited:
Hi, I have AMD FidelityFX turned on. However im getting these strainge lines alll over the track. I've turned It off and ithe lines are removed, however i'd rather have it on than off.
1655148876707.png

Canada 2021 (i.e. the ACU Codemasters version) might look prettier, but the Montreal track by Terra21 (Automobilista conversion) is without a doubt the much more accurate track! Drive both versions, compare both to real onboard videos (speed, steering input, pause at tight sections) and then you will notice how hilariously bad and inaccurate the Codemasters track is (but that's nothing new unfortunately).

You can find the biggest differences from turns 3 to 9 (basically the whole back straight section) and in the final chicane (13 and 14).
Terra's version just feels right, the chicanes are tight and the track itself is pretty narrow (just like in real life).
The Codemasters version is too wide in general and this also means that the corners/chicanes are too wide as well.

Track too wide => corners aren't tight enough => you need to brake and steer less compared to real ife => unrealistic speeds in certain corners/chicanes.

I was talking to @Pyyer about this in September 2021 and he completely agreed with me, the Terra21 version is the better and more accurate track.

I really, really hope that Pyyer is using the Terra version as the base for his next extension update.
This is the perfect opportunity to finally get rid of another inaccurate Codemasters track!
Another texture update won't make the ACU version any more accurate.
Using the time to visually improve the Automobilista / Terra21 version would be a much better choice.
I think the majority of the community isn't even aware that there's a much better Montreal version out there!

Last edited:
Progress with the F355 Challenge skin.
I've chosen Dario Benuzzi as the driver (rookie mistake since there are something like five photos of his helmet on the entire internet), the rear wing (and its shadow) has now been hidden via ext_config.

On the to-do list: Speedline sticker on the wheels, darker helmet visor... and I guess it's ready?

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-40-30.png
    Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-40-30.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-46-54.png
    Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-46-54.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-44-33.png
    Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-44-33.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-38-17.png
    Screenshot_ferrari_355_challenge_evo_circuito_di_fiorano_13-5-122-19-38-17.png
    286 KB · Views: 12

View attachment 1160649

By any chance could you tell me where did you add the particular tag and how did you modify the categories to actually show them? I know we need to modify the list.json file within the %appdata% folder (after going to the proper subfolders of course) but yeah got no idea how to properly get it to work.

Canada 2021 (i.e. the ACU Codemasters version) might look prettier, but the Montreal track by Terra21 (Automobilista conversion) is without a doubt the much more accurate track! Drive both versions, compare both to real onboard videos (speed, steering input, pause at tight sections) and then you will notice how hilariously bad and inaccurate the Codemasters track is (but that's nothing new unfortunately).

You can find the biggest differences from turns 3 to 9 (basically the whole back straight section) and in the final chicane (13 and 14).
Terra's version just feels right, the chicanes are tight and the track itself is pretty narrow (just like in real life).
The Codemasters version is too wide in general and this also means that the corners/chicanes are too wide as well.

Track too wide => corners aren't tight enough => you need to brake and steer less compared to real ife => unrealistic speeds in certain corners/chicanes.

I was talking to @Pyyer about this in September 2021 and he completely agreed with me, the Terra21 version is the better and more accurate track.

I really, really hope that Pyyer is using the Terra version as the base for his next extension update.
This is the perfect opportunity to finally get rid of another inaccurate Codemasters track!
Another texture update won't make the ACU version any more accurate.
Using the time to visually improve the Automobilista / Terra21 version would be a much better choice.
I think the majority of the community isn't even aware that there's a much better Montreal version out there!
Ahh the Terra version is from AMS? Their tracks in pure layout terms are always better, judging by the zwiss 1988 conversions I have of Adelaide, Imola, and Hockenheim 1988.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back