Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,062 comments
Canada 2021 (i.e. the ACU Codemasters version) might look prettier, but the Montreal track by Terra21 (Automobilista conversion) is without a doubt the much more accurate track! Drive both versions, compare both to real onboard videos (speed, steering input, pause at tight sections) and then you will notice how hilariously bad and inaccurate the Codemasters track is (but that's nothing new unfortunately).

You can find the biggest differences from turns 3 to 9 (basically the whole back straight section) and in the final chicane (13 and 14).
Terra's version just feels right, the chicanes are tight and the track itself is pretty narrow (just like in real life).
The Codemasters version is too wide in general and this also means that the corners/chicanes are too wide as well.

Track too wide => corners aren't tight enough => you need to brake and steer less compared to real ife => unrealistic speeds in certain corners/chicanes.

I was talking to @Pyyer about this in September 2021 and he completely agreed with me, the Terra21 version is the better and more accurate track.

I really, really hope that Pyyer is using the Terra version as the base for his next extension update.
This is the perfect opportunity to finally get rid of another inaccurate Codemasters track!
Another texture update won't make the ACU version any more accurate.
Using the time to visually improve the Automobilista / Terra21 version would be a much better choice.
I think the majority of the community isn't even aware that there's a much better Montreal version out there!
a much needed visual update for the Terra21 one and we have an amazing version compared to ACU's one. Might do a quick texture revamp myself if needed. Also, wanna change those ugly walls changing sponsors every sec

Has anyone seen this car in Assetto Corsa?

Attachments

• 19da82b26246b081b0ac2c9ef02e6726.jpg
    19da82b26246b081b0ac2c9ef02e6726.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 20
Quick question if anyone can help, how to make odometer read in miles instead of km, is there something I can add to the ext config?

Lam
Since it has appeared in the "what are you working on'' thread at Racedepartment, it can only be free. Since it has the same rule as here which is "you can't advertise your pay mod on the forum". Therefore what you see is what you'll get for free!
Except of course those people that show off their private mods, which they are perfectly entitled to do so. It is after all a "what are you working on" thread. And nowhere does it say you can't show your mod off (private or otherwise)

To any talented track makers out there - is it possible for the classic tracks from F1 2013 be converted? I mean is there a limitation preventing this? I ask because the classic versions of Jerez and Estoril in that game are much, better version of the decent-but-old-looking carrera4/Rainmaker versions from rF1, which for Jerez, is the only original version there is.

Last edited:
Is it possible to do a search in content manager excluding cars with a certain tag?
For example: search for all cars except those with the tag "encrypted".

Thanks.

Ahh the Terra version is from AMS? Their tracks in pure layout terms are always better, judging by the zwiss 1988 conversions I have of Adelaide, Imola, and Hockenheim 1988.

Question on rain, does the CSP Rain actually do much to alter the grip level on track? Is there some setting in CSP I have to enable to do that? I've let the rain fall and watch the track gets puddled up and stuff but the grip % doesn't seem to change even when I set the track setting to Auto(set by weather). I know a lot of cars doesn't actually come with wet tires so maybe its moot...would be nice if it can actually lower the grip % dynamically

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back