- 745

- United States
Okay, finally figured this out. I think the car.ini was forcing extended physics to be used for this particular car and therefore the WET tyres were being generated when I didn't want them to.Does anyone know what is different in mods that have autogeneration of wet tyres? I don't see anything different in the tyres.ini, etc. I want to disable autogen wet tyres in the specific car itself. I have extended physics turned off, never use it (I heard extended physics does the autogen of wet tyres). So usually cars I race don't autogen wet tyres in rain which is what I want. No autogen of wet tyres.
The car in this instance are the chivas gt500 cars. Something in that mod is generating wet tyres in rain. I don't want that for specific reasons. Hope someone knows how to stop it.
EDIT: WEIRD! It's only with the Chivas GT500 2006. Doesn't happen with the Chivas GT500 2007 or 2008. wth. I might try and copy the data folders from 2007 to the 2006. I'll let you know if that works. If it does, great, but I'd still love to know why, yo.
UPDATE: Well that worked. Replaced the 2006 data folders with the ones from 2007 (sans the digi instrument.ini and lods.ini). No wet tyre generation. I want to run a comparison on the different data folders to see what's diff, or rather see if I can find what difference causes the auto gen of wet tyres.
The difference in the car.ini is this:
[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-2
// That up there seems to force extended physics and causes cars to pit when a single rain drop falls to put on auto generated WET tyres. I didn't want that.
Changed it to this:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
// Cars don't auto generate WET tyres and they stay out of the pits when some one spits in the wind.
Hope this helps someone.
Last edited: