Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,800 comments
Hope i'm stepping on any toes here, but there were a couple of things I did for Monza 1988 that were not included in @Rainmaker87 recent 2.0 update. These are totally optional and don't impact anything but the look. They only work I believe if you use CSP.

Working s\f line and pit lights. If you want to use these, only extract the data folder, models.ini file and monza1988_flag_lights.kn5 file.

Restore the dirt track edges: Extract the extension folder and make sure to make a backup of the existing extension folder or ext_config file first.

Simple .vao patch: Not even sure if this one is necessary. I never compared screenshots with and without it, but I made it so I included it.

Optional Monza 1988 stuff

Lastly, I had made a new track model with the light posts rotated to match the direction of the lights. The included track model in the 2.0 update does not have my rotated lights so things might look weird at night with the lights pointing in a different direction compared to the direction of the light posts.

Last edited:
is it possible for these 1988 reworks to have an extended number of pitboxes? using them for races in a similar era usually involves more than the 20 odd cars they allow
for the monza1988 track I have a version with 26 grid slots, don't know from where or by whom... so I guess somebody started extending grid slots but to my knowledge monza is the only of the 88 tracks to have such an extension

for the monza1988 track I have a version with 26 grid slots, don't know from where or by whom... so I guess somebody started extending grid slots but to my knowledge monza is the only of the 88 tracks to have such an extension
would be nice to have them all up to at least 26 or so. I think some have an odd number like 21. also are these SBB releases the definitive version now?

is it possible for these 1988 reworks to have an extended number of pitboxes? using them for races in a similar era usually involves more than the 20 odd cars they allow
If I were them then I'd add at least 30 pit boxes in order to simulate qualifying more accurately to how it was back then, 30 cars compete in qualifying with only the top 26 making it through to the race.

When I Navigate to Youtube in-car it opens the page, but just spins.

Is there something I need to do to get android auto to work correctly, specifically YouTube?

Ohhh crap. That was the answer I was dreading to hear. Unfortunately making skins is not a job for me (try it and I suck).

I'm just the man of ideas 😕

Thxs anyway
We have an update of this model in the works and with this skin as shown below. Not accurate but in the style. Rear wing changes via CSP.
preview.jpg

MONZA 1988 update v2.1

v2.1
  • restore the dirt track edges by racinjoe013
  • working s\f line and pit lights by racinjoe013
  • vao patch by racinjoe013
  • larger grid, up to 30 spots

Last edited:
Hello to everyone!!

I found this track on youtube that I would like to update with simple GrassFX, RainFX, Replay Cameras and therefore Fast Lane, but with the latter I have a problem with the kunos AI app.. the fastlane candidate recording doesn't work... why? how can I solve this?? I'm not a modding expert.. so I ask for help! :bowdown:
I have the same problem of the AI line with few other A-B tracks like "Hakone Turnpike", in many others works perfectly!

Thanks for your patience, have a nice day!

I am sorry to tell you that this is the only track I have, where recording an AI-lane brings AC down. Even when the track has a working start/finish. I dont think that can be fixed.

But adding an ext_config.ini is no problem. Altough it will not improve the track very much:

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 9
DIJON-PRENOIS 2016 UPDATE v2.0
v2.0
  • added extension and vao-patch by Gunnar333 for new night lights, GrassFX and RainFX, flags fixed
  • fixed ui track map, new ui
  • shader adjustments
  • new loading screens

bgr01.jpg
bgr00.jpg

Is it just me ?
Those stripes on the background mountains ... and the tree line looks strange too.
It was already like that in the 1.1 DaBaeda version too.

View attachment 1174226
Same problem here (on both versions)

Hattrick! 3 in a row...

RUAPUNA PARK 2012 update v2.0

v2.0
community update rework from DaBaeda and CrisT86:
  • 2 new layouts, reworked AI now it´s faster and cleaner
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • night lights
  • new loading screens
  • shader adjustments
  • new cameras by DaBaeda

30 Pits extension by Foxway (GP layout only) : https://sharemods.com/me9xv2pvq0nb/ruapuna_park2012_-_30_Pits_extension_by_Foxway.7z.html

For who has installed the @Rainmaker87 updated version of Ruapuna Park:
The sections files (and logo) are missing and due to the new folder structure adding the sections files from my source at RD will not work any more for this track.
If you want the files in the updated track, download the attached file, remove the .txt part and unzip in your track folder. It will only add the sections files for all layouts and place the track logo in the ui.

Attachments

• ruapuna_park2012.zip.txt
    90.6 KB · Views: 21
EASTERN CREEK 2014 UPDATE v4.0

v4.0
  • updates by CrisT86 and DaBaeda
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • night lights
  • new cams
  • new loadingscreens by Rainmaker

bgr01.jpg

@Rainmaker87

Is there a solution for the Ruapuna background ?
Using latest CSP/SOL (but was also looking like that in @DaBaeda version with earlier CSP).
Weather and changing from 2D/3D clouds have no influence.
Pics at different imes a day:

Morning (OK-ish)
morning.png

Sunrise (already some vertical striping visible)
sunrise.png

Noon
noon.png

afternoon and sunset are alike:
sunset.png

dusk:
dusk.png

Could anyone please point me to the right CSP setting to fix those lights on Blackbolt's NSX? I've seen the post somewhere few days ago but can't find it right know.
1658248851622.png

Hi there I am glad you would like to try my suite, it is very simple and straight forward

1. When disabled, even if in background,there no fps loss whatsoever, can't be 100% sure on less powerful pc but on mine I have 0 loss

2. Yes indeed, CSP and ppfilter are always on for me, this goes on top. Check my overview post for recommended ppfilter and settings( also included in my package)

For any further questions, happy to help
One more question. I read the installation instructions etc. I assume I have to download and install reshade myself. Is there is directory I should install reshade in?

Do the following.

Download latest version of reshade.
Run exe and click the "Select the game to install or uninstall from" window.
Browse to your AC exe.
Select the version of DirectX (10 in this case)
Install all shaders
Run game and press home (or smth like that)
Kiss goodbye to your FPS
One more question. I read the installation instructions etc. I assume I have to download and install reshade myself. Is there is directory I should install reshade in?

Do the following.

Download latest version of reshade.
Run exe and click the "Select the game to install or uninstall from" window.
Browse to your AC exe.
Select the version of DirectX (10 in this case)
Install all shaders
Run game and press home (or smth like that)
Kiss goodbye to your FPS
Thank you. I will just enable it for replays.

Nope it's everything included you don't have to install Reshade separately

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back