Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,231 comments
Another "fake" car close to the real one to join others in the "Endurance Races" grids.

Putting together several parts from other cars, from the base "Ferrari 312pb" came the Mirage Gr7 version of the 1000km of Brands Hatch '74. The other 3 versions of Mirage, only skin adjustments are missing.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1659154444.png
    __custom_showroom_1659154444.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 32
  • __custom_showroom_1659154507.png
    __custom_showroom_1659154507.png
    101 KB · Views: 31
  • __custom_showroom_1659161322.png
    __custom_showroom_1659161322.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 30
  • __custom_showroom_1659161372.png
    __custom_showroom_1659161372.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 31
  • __custom_showroom_1659161345.png
    __custom_showroom_1659161345.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Something I threw together as I try to recover from Covid. Been meaning to do it for awhile now because it's one of my favorite tracks. It's my attempt to correct some grass texture issues i've had with Cadwell Park. I always found that in the first three quarters of the track, the grass lacked color depth and in the last quarter, the grass had some strange colors. Honestly, i'm not sure how good this is because my brain isn't working well right now as I push 100-101 degree fever at times. I'm hoping someone will have a look and either make some suggestions or fix what you see as wrong.

The two skins only differ in the amount of saturation. I think you'll find the Updated2 skin is the better of the two because of the lower saturation, but you can try both. They are designed to work with the included ext_config files because I hid some of the 3d grass objects since they didn't blend right. You do not need to use the config though. Just be aware that things won't look as intended. The two configs are one done by @RMi_wood and one with the combined stuff from @RMi_wood and @Blamer CSP version which adds more lights for night racing.

Cadwell Park track skin

cadwell_park1.jpg

cadwell_park2.jpg

Back to bed...

Something I threw together as I try to recover from Covid. Been meaning to do it for awhile now because it's one of my favorite tracks. It's my attempt to correct some grass texture issues i've had with Cadwell Park. I always found that in the first three quarters of the track, the grass lacked color depth and in the last quarter, the grass had some strange colors. Honestly, i'm not sure how good this is because my brain isn't working well right now as I push 100-101 degree fever at times. I'm hoping someone will have a look and either make some suggestions or fix what you see as wrong.

The two skins only differ in the amount of saturation. I think you'll find the Updated2 skin is the better of the two because of the lower saturation, but you can try both. They are designed to work with the included ext_config files because I hid some of the 3d grass objects since they didn't blend right. You do not need to use the config though. Just be aware that things won't look as intended. The two configs are one done by @RMi_wood and one with the combined stuff from @RMi_wood and @Blamer CSP version which adds more lights for night racing.

Cadwell Park track skin

View attachment 1178486
View attachment 1178487

Back to bed...
Thats nice. I also made a skin lately. I tried to do it realy juicy:
acs 2022-07-30 08-06-52.png

Cadwell Park track skin

View attachment 1178486
View attachment 1178487

Back to bed...
Get Well soon!

Would u work on the ACC version after this weekend? such as one extension for each version of the track like u did with Jeddah?

The hungaroring ACC conversion is so much more accurate than the ACU/codie one, and track quality is good under current status, just need more trackside objects/billboard/bridge ads imo. and as the F1 summer break is coming up, i would patiently wait
Many tks for your quality work anyhow~
To be honest, F1 drivers need to rest a little during this summer break and I need it too 😉
Working all year on creating extensions within such a tight schedule each week can be really exhausting (don't know if people always realize it is nearly a full time job and I have another real life fulltiime job too 😅)
So that doesn't mean I won't be active for a month (creating is my addcition), but right now I will work a little on some "non current F1 season" tracks, prepare upcoming mods for September and obvioulsy going on vacation! 😎☀️

And just to be clear regarding the ACC Hungaroring track, I think it should really be a full track job not only an extension which obviously takes a lot more time to make. Perhaps a modders collaboration should be the best way to give this track the look and fell it really deserves.

Cadwell Park track skin

View attachment 1178486
View attachment 1178487

Back to bed...
Great job! Love this track too!
Take care! 💪

Thanks! this one looks very interesting. I need to step out for a bit but I’ll try it out when I get home.
Oops. I've just installed this and holy cow, I hope you haven't. And I apologise. It.is.tragic.
I'm going to have a fiddle and see if I can make something out of it, but I think you should probably keep searching.

Cadwell Park track skin

View attachment 1178486
View attachment 1178487

Back to bed...
Great work man. Track now feels very natural

Last edited:
To be honest, F1 drivers need to rest a little during this summer break and I need it too 😉
Working all year on creating extensions within such a tight schedule each week can be really exhausting (don't know if people always realize it is nearly a full time job and I have another real life fulltiime job too 😅)
So that doesn't mean I won't be active for a month (creating is my addcition), but right now I will work a little on some "non current F1 season" tracks, prepare upcoming mods for September and obvioulsy going on vacation! 😎☀️

And just to be clear regarding the ACC Hungaroring track, I think it should really be a full track job not only an extension which obviously takes a lot more time to make. Perhaps a modders collaboration should be the best way to give this track the look and fell it really deserves.
I felt the same way last year doing a new GPK track every week, thank goodness this year most the tracks were already converted with only 3 or so excepptions. I feel ya!

Last edited:
Right, more stuff.
3 UK Ovals, crazy thing we do in the UK for fun. All these tracks are real and were all drift tracks with muddled AI lines or no AI and no cameras.
Added grids and pits and AI lines and removed cones, walls etc from the ovals. Basic ext files with lights etc.
The Birmingham wheels oval looks pretty great IMO just needed a lot sorting to make it work.
mendips_hills
smeatharpe_stadium
Birmingham wheels

View attachment 1178338View attachment 1178339

Next up that riverside 50k drift thing.
Well now you can race the inner Oval, AI sorted, cones and wall removed, you can race about 15 AI at the moment.

View attachment 1178340

And now some UK Oval cars.
Mini stoxx that i've been sat on for a while now.
Suzuki hot rod modern.
Beetle hot rod classic.

Should all work OK, any probs let me know, any help with the tracks to get them any better go for it. Enjoy.

View attachment 1178341View attachment 1178342View attachment 1178343

Should not overwrite anything as changed folders etc.
edit to add, for those that don't know this type of racing, the cars don't have glass for a reason.

links:

cars

Hi Safi

Thank you for the oval layout of "Riverside" (which is Salem Speedway). As far as I did find out, the oval racing on this track takes place on the outer oval track. Is it possible to change the starting positions and AI-lanes to that part of the track in an additional layout? (photo from their homepage)

1659168764296.png

I used to have this car mod but i remember it had borked wheels so i binned it ages ago.
Does anyone have it or know of it?

View attachment 1178523
Maybe this:

Source:

Wait? Does anyone have this C6.R? This looks like its based on the C6.R chassis 005 & 006. And no this is not the 2009 ZR1 GT2 Version.
View attachment 1178243

I know we already have the C6.R as shown below, but this one is based on C5.R chassis 012. Difference between both of them, ones taller and skinny the other is more smaller, wider, with smaller taillights. Not sure if that mod still exist considering its from 2013, they probably gotten rid of it by now. But that's why I'm asking just incase. Thanks.
View attachment 1178261
Talking about a C6.R are we?

1659170323277.png

1659170278718.png

Maybe this:

Source:

Legend!" thank you so much.

Hi Safi

Thank you for the oval layout of "Riverside" (which is Salem Speedway). As far as I did find out, the oval racing on this track takes place on the outer oval track. Is it possible to change the starting positions and AI-lanes to that part of the track in an additional layout? (photo from their homepage)

View attachment 1178558
Yep I will do a separate one for that I think and change folders to salem speedway also whilst i am at it.

From what i can tell the drifters just used the inner oval so the modelling of the outer oval is pretty bad.
I'll take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats nice. I also made a skin lately. I tried to do it realy juicy:
View attachment 1178501
Thanks Peter - the edge colour here really needs blending with the adjacent grass if possible?

Screenshot_nerd_honda_2and4_pr_cadwell_park_30-7-122-9-36-36.jpg

Cadwell Park track skin

View attachment 1178486
View attachment 1178487

Back to bed...
Might be worth commenting out the constant balloon glow - it's like a bright beacon at night.

Code:
;[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_1]
DESCRIPTION=baloon
MATERIALS=baloon
CONDITION=NIGHT_FLICK
KEY_0=ksEmissive
VALUE_0=1, 1, 1, 6
VALUE_0_OFF=0, 0, 0
ACTIVE=1

I can add our Reboot balloons with random burner firing if you want?

Cadwell Park track skin

View attachment 1178486
View attachment 1178487

Back to bed...
Hope you're on the mend, Joe.

2 new updates! As promised Jerez and the iconic Imola that was the first released of a 1988s track from me for AC back in 2015.

IMOLA 1988 update v2.0

v2.0
  • updates by DaBaeda: GrassFX, new asphalt and tree textures; cams, added RainFX
  • updates by CrisT86: night lights, cams, working pit and start lights, vao patch
  • raised pitboxes to 30
  • shader adjustments
  • new loading screens
  • fixed tirewalls being sticky walls

bgr00.jpg

bgr01.jpg

bgr02.jpg

JEREZ 1988 update V2.0

v2.0
  • updates by DaBaeda: GrassFX, RainFX by KevinK2, new asphalt and tree textures, cams
  • updates by CrisT86: night lights, cams, working pit and start lights, vao patch
  • new loading screens
  • up to 30 pitboxes now
  • shader adjustments

bgr00.jpg

bgr02.jpg

Not quite, those are slightly more basic so that anyone can easily add them. Our Reboot ones with random burners have configs associated and are a little more complicated to add. To maintain a quiet life I wanted to keep the lid on that particular can of worms at RD. ;)
The simpler balloons look the same except the burners don't flare and the balloons don't randomly glow with it.

Cadwell Park track skin

View attachment 1178486
View attachment 1178487

Back to bed...
This is awesome. I tried to contact @Jimlloyd regarding some track fixes for the track (a few added slots on the grid and fixing the double-sided barriers) LINK HERE
Hopefully they see it ow and decide to make an official update with these fixes, including this fantastic texture redevelop. I love the track and I'd love to use it more often, but the issues currently present make it impossible

Not quite, those are slightly more basic so that anyone can easily add them. Our Reboot ones with random burners have configs associated and are a little more complicated to add. To maintain a quiet life I wanted to keep the lid on that particular can of worms at RD. ;)
The simpler balloons look the same except the burners don't flare and the balloons don't randomly glow with it.
Thanks, which tracks do contain your burner balloons.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back