Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Or is it probably the same, because it was Opperslang who published the one on Binary Motors' Discord.
Its not the same. Graphically imho Jerry Wei (Binary) did a slightly better job. The differences are not substancial but when you analyze cokpit few details are done better (look at wheel, sport mode as option). Still its physics which is more important. Here I also prefer Binary version though again differences are very subtle (mainly better fbb feel for me). What I like more on Gadu version is sound. Clicking limiter in Binary version was driving me mad. In the end I kept Binary and replaced the sound. Still this is all personal preference

Last edited:
Its not the same. Graphically imho Jerry Wei (Binary) did a slightly better job. The differences are not substancial but when you analyze cokpit few details are done better (look at wheel, sport mode as option). Still its physics which is more important. Here I also prefer Binary version though again differences are very subtle (mainly better fbb feel for me). What I like more on Gadu version is sound. Clicking limiter in Binary version was driving me mad. In the end I kept Binary and replaced the sound. Still this is all personal preference
I checked them, and both are exactly the same package, even the Google Drive link is to the same file.

Oh... Maybe you're talking about the one Binary released in July? I was talking about the one they released 5 days ago.

Last edited:
I checked them, and both are exactly the same package, even the Google Drive link is to the same file.

Oh... Maybe you're talking about the one Binary released in July? I was talking about the one they released 5 days ago.
Wait, they did an update 5 days ago?
You've got a link to it by any chance?

--THIS IS NOT MY MOD--
Haven't driven it yet, but definitely looks good.
When I saw a feature covering it a few months ago, I was hoping it'd make it's way to AC!

Hyundai N Vision 74

1666804593569.png

1666804619940.png

Last edited:
Wait, they did an update 5 days ago?
You've got a link to it by any chance?
Their new LFA release is the Opperslang & GADU Boyz mod that was linked in this post:

Last edited:
Their new LFA release is the Opperslang & GADU Boyz mod that was linked in this post:
Oooh, that explains it.
That's the one I was talking about earlier, ha.

I have properly tested both and I much prefer the sound on this release, visually it seems a bit more accurate to the real car. Only downside to the older Jerry Wei model from July is that I find the brakes on this release to be a bit weak. If I could make the braking power a bit stronger, it'd be perfect.

Is anyone else having this problem with the latest Pure build on CSP 1.80 Preview1?

I have the scripts enabled as appropriately, but the Pure Config app shows nothing.
Can't do anything with it at all.

Pictured below what I see.

acs_TpcFtlfPeZ.png

Sorry @Pyyer but I have a problem at turn 11 of COTA.
I reinstalled the track and the extension.
Do you confirm?

EDIT, solved: sorry...old version of Cota 2021...

20221026204626_1.jpg

20221026204645_1.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone else having this problem with the latest Pure build on CSP 1.80 Preview1?

I have the scripts enabled as appropriately, but the Pure Config app shows nothing.

View attachment 1203687
Follow up on this.. turns out its still working, the default window size got screwed up which made me believe it wasn't working.. but I just needed to re-adjust. whoops.

View attachment 1203687
If you grab the right-bottom edge, does it gets bigger?
There is a problem with lua apps atm. If you collapse them, they loose there size definition. So you need to manually resize them.

Oooh, that explains it.
That's the one I was talking about earlier, ha.

I have properly tested both and I much prefer the sound on this release, visually it seems a bit more accurate to the real car. Only downside to the older Jerry Wei model from July is that I find the brakes on this release to be a bit weak. If I could make the braking power a bit stronger, it'd be perfect.
To increase the braking power you just have to edit the MAX_TORQUE in brakes.ini. Increase the number until you are happy.

1666853224740.png

--THIS IS NOT MY MOD--
Haven't driven it yet, but definitely looks good.
When I saw a feature covering it a few months ago, I was hoping it'd make it's way to AC!

Hyundai N Vision 74

View attachment 1203672

View attachment 1203673

Interesting project. Needs quite a lot of visual improvement to get it to modern standards though.
Shame (for me - YMMV) that EVs in AC are never remotely interesting or engaging to drive. I might as well go and play WipeOut. At least that has weapons.

Does anyone have any insight into how the ai controls the turbo? With the R91cp Nissan (*LTK version, NOT DB as it's single turbo non-cockpit controlled) it's automatically turning itself down to 30% in the pits, and anywhere else it seems to want to, and although it occasionally switches back up to 100%, it isn't consistent or logical. This makes this car useless as an ai opponent, as it's laptimes are way slow compared to the field. On the rare occasion it switches to 100% for the Hangar Straight at Silverstone the laptime is competitive, but it rarely happens. ????

Thanks RMi_wood. I'll investigate that. (The twin turbo setup is fairly unfathomable to me, so I'll go with DB version)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any insight into how the ai controls the turbo? With the R91cp Nissan (both LTK and DB) it's automatically turning itself down to 30% in the pits, and anywhere else it seems to want to, and although it occasionally switches back up to 100%, it isn't consistent or logical. This makes this car useless, as it's laptimes are way slow compared to the field. On the rare occasion it switches to 100% for the Hangar Straight at Silverstone the laptime is competitive, but it rarely happens. ????
I imagine if the damage values are close to max limits, they will reduce to prevent damage.
Same might apply to rpm redline and damage.

RSS and VRC F1 2022 Custom Championships

RACE WEEKEND 16 Italy (Monza), 18 Singapore, 19 Japan & 20 USA (COTA)

Edit: 27/10/2022 - Tracks updated with the Pyyer extensions and some extras
bgr020.jpg

16_italy_gp22_FINAL.zip
18_singapore_gp22_FINAL.zip
19_japan_gp22_FINAL.zip
20_unitedstates_gp22_FINAL.zip (includes Gunnar333 Live Driver Position displays)
Tracks in GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing
Racedepartment: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/cozy61.1049383/

Last edited:
Work goes well.

Stay tuned…

View attachment 1203079
View attachment 1203080
My first real car !
Of course, i'm excepting driving it in AC but, if the physics looks correct, the graphics are really too poor. No wiper, no opening door and only 57000 triangles. Couldn't keep it in my library !

Since it's quiet today, I thought i'd post a little Goodwood progress report for anyone interested.

Still fighting the grass color. Can't seem to find a nice look. Still seems too saturated, too yellow and not dark enough. Problem is if I get it too look good on my filter of choice, it comes out too dark on most other popular filters so i'm not sure what to settle on. I did however play around with the grass masks to try and get a little character in the grass areas. This is sort of what i'm going for, but not so overdone. Looks nice when driving, but from overhead is a bit too patchy.

Also found a way to add some lights without having to add light poles. Didn't see any in the Goodwood pics I looked at so I decided not too add any and just use existing objects as light sources. Needs work, but I think it will work. If someone knows if the real track has light poles, i'll go ahead and add them.

grasspatch.jpg

night.jpg

Since it's quiet today, I thought i'd post a little Goodwood progress report for anyone interested.

Still fighting the grass color. Can't seem to find a nice look. Still seems too saturated, too yellow and not dark enough. Problem is if I get it too look good on my filter of choice, it comes out too dark on most other popular filters so i'm not sure what to settle on. I did however play around with the grass masks to try and get a little character in the grass areas. This is sort of what i'm going for, but not so overdone. Looks nice when driving, but from overhead is a bit too patchy.

Also found a way to add some lights without having to add light poles. Didn't see any in the Goodwood pics I looked at so I decided not too add any and just use existing objects as light sources. Needs work, but I think it will work. If someone knows if the real track has light poles, i'll go ahead and add them.

View attachment 1204016

View attachment 1204017
Love your work Joe. Are you able to preserve the lawn mower striping on the grass? It's kind of a feature of the circuit.
JMI_00682.jpg

The gardener is quick but meticulous
b31i7024.jpg

The grass should be lush and green. I'm quite sure the Duke of Richmond (above) would not tolerate such shoddy looking grass on his estate.

There are no light poles. It's a relic, preserved pretty much exactly as it was in the 50s/60s. It's also an active airfield.

Last edited:
Love your work Joe. Are you able to preserve the lawn mower striping on the grass? It's kind of a feature of the circuit.
JMI_00682.jpg

The gardener is quick but meticulous
b31i7024.jpg

The grass should be lush and green. I'm quite sure the Duke of Richmond (above) would not tolerate such shoddy looking grass on his estate.

There are no light poles. It's a relic, preserved pretty much exactly as it was in the 50s/60s. It's also an active airfield.
They are there. I will most likely release two mask skins. One that keeps the lush green look and one that adds those hints of burnt out areas. If you know my past work, I tend to make multiple skins because I like to change the look every now and then. One thing I see from your picture, maybe I actually need more saturation in the grass and darker trees.

stripes.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back