Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,128 comments
how do i know if they are corrupted? im not an expert lol ,just a new gamer
Just did another troubleshoot test and now its fine - Turn on the 'extended physics' in CM

From VRC Support

I just purchased the Formula Alpha 2022 and it bounces and glitches when standing still.​

This car is using some of the extended physics features and it requires Content Manager (CM) and Custom Shader Patch 0.1.77 (or above) to work properly. Vanilla physics will be provided but they are not meant to reproduce the intended handling characteristics. Vanilla physics are provided to ensure that those who don't or can't use CSP can have something to be able to drive the car with. Vanilla physics won't be updated as frequently as the ones using extended physics features.

Hope that helps

Screenshot (938).png

Last edited:
Hi. Just been watching your Oulton Park WIP replay cams there stunning. I hope they look this good in VR. I’m sure they will.
Some times in VR they are further away for some reason. Really interested in these as this is my local track only 20mins away.
Driven the track in a few cars and did a Marshall day there as well. Can’t wait. If you want me to test anything let me know. Awesome work.
FYI - this track has not been released to date and remains as WIP by its true author/s (ie. Reboot Team) - pleased to be doing replay cams for it, and thus far all is going well in that department... The video you've seen on racealot.sim YT channel is to show the author/s how the cam-work is progressing and to get any feedback whether the quality is on target. I've been creating/testing cam-work vigorously to ensure it's top-notch for its release date - whenever that day may be - the track itself is of high quality and all credit goes to the Reboot Team for yet another classic track.

I've not delved into VR to date so not able to comment if cam-work will be VR-suitable - maybe you can offer some feedback post-release, and any further tweaking can be made thereafter (if needed)... I've been using a HD 65-inch screen for a few years and can only say this version of the track looks awesome and vibrant - with absolutely no squinting :).

Last edited:
FYI - some CM changes require to shut-down CM and then restarted (like a soft-reboot)...
i did shut down CM after id turned the ex physics off and on but no change with the vrc cars absolute chaos in any race ? ive just bought the RSS car and it runs perfect so ive no idea really what to do mate ??

FYI - this track has not been released to date and remains as WIP by its true author/s (ie. Reboot Team) - pleased to be doing replay cams for it, and thus far all is going well in that department... The video you've seen on racealot.sim YT channel is to show the author/s how the cam-work is progressing and to get any feedback whether the quality is on target. I've been creating/testing cam-work vigorously to ensure it's top-notch for its release date - whenever that day may be - the track itself is of high quality and all credit goes to the Reboot Team for yet another classic track.

I've not delved into VR to date so not able to comment if cam-work will be VR-suitable - maybe you can offer some feedback post-release, and any further tweaking can be made thereafter (if needed)... I've been using a HD 65-inch screen for a few years and can only say this version of the track looks awesome and vibrant - with absolutely no squinting :).
Yes been waiting for this version from hearing it was being done by the author. It’s been going on for a long time but things haven’t gone to plan but hopefully it will be released . If you need any tests done at a later stage let me know

View attachment 1169125

RB18 Steering Wheel for RSS FH22 (rss_formula_hybrid_2022_s)

Important: I fixed the DRS lights for this one. I'll do the same with the other ones later. I'm not a fan of the LEDS details of every steering wheel, so they're all genericals and following the original ones.

Installation as others, works like the others.
Hey,
Im getting a weird error with this addon, It seems to cancel out any helmet textures on the RB18 skins I apply it to. Any suggestions/hotfixes? (Please note, I have tried different skin mods so its not them)

BMW M1 Procar v2.6

View attachment 1202769

View attachment 1202768

Changelog v2.6:
  • new rim blur texture and corrected color
  • added center interior mirror
  • reworked shader settings on some exterior materials and tyres
  • reworked shader settings for exterior glass
  • fixed "transparent" headlights
  • added new shift animation from Masscot
  • edited shiftstick for the new shift animation
  • added optional "performance 2k skins" folder
  • added two new skins: "76_Warhol" (reworked from DaWallace), "1979_Procar_Hagemann_41" (Pfalzdriver)

Download: https://mega.nz/file/oEZTBQZb#rQ6Ijn2D1EJ8zVjR-pkEHlvg-Jmkfs17xn4fAuOeCoE
I noticed that TC cannot be turned on in the tuning menu but can be turned on in cockpit. Is that as expected?

Last edited:
[EDIT: UPDATED REVIEW BELOW]

Has anyone else pushed the Scorpion S1 Formula 500 really hard? I'm experiencing horrendous understeer, and terrible cornering.

See previous post announcing it.

1667096011049.png

[UPDATE] ++++++

After spending more time with the Scorpion Formula 500, I'm beginning to appreciate this mod more, and it helps to drive it on tracks where these are actually raced. I should also remember not to test a new mod while troubleshooting frustrating issues during a first build of a new prototype (IRL), nor just after an hour of setting fast laps in a simulated F1 car.

After reviewing what few videos I could find, I can see these cars can be twitchy, and it seems easy to force them to lose traction and even "snap" them around. Overall, I think the physics of this simulated version are very good, but it seems that as it gets closer to edge of grip, things get too loose, and it can suddenly become very unpredictable, uncontrollable, and more difficult to save than I would expect with a light car and slower speeds.

Testing again a day later, and just over an hour of becoming familiar with it, I'm getting close to 2 minutes at VIR, 1:32 at Road Atlanta (okay time), and Road America needs more improvement, as I'm just under 2:28 for the last practice session.

Last edited:
Has anyone else pushed the Scorpion S1 Formula 500 really hard? I'm experiencing horrendous understeer, and terrible cornering. I attempted to inform the creator on RD about this, and all he can do is discredit my suggestions, spout off that this was developed with a team of experienced drivers, and likes writing paragraphs about G-forces this, and lateral that. It drives like ****, and he won't listen. I was excited about it, but too bad I may drive it only one more time for some video capture to compare it to other similar cars.

See previous post announcing it.

View attachment 1204432

This kind of attitude pi$$es me off! When someone's wrong, they think they're right, and you can't tell them otherwise.

His reply to my last comment...
"This sort of stuff is why IER has stopped pursuing any public releases.

A superkart weighs half of the F500, and its wheelbase is half of an F500's. That yields approximately 1/4 of the yaw inertia of an F500. And the F500 has rather soft suspension, much taller+harder tires, a much slower steering setup (~10:1 instead of ~1:1), etc. Not in any way comparable.

On the math end of things, if you can only take the corners at 25 mph that you'd take at 60 mph in a superkart, you're saying the kart pulls 5.76x more G than the F500. F500 on csp1.79 public pulls over 1.5g, so your 9g theoretical superkart would make you black out IRL. Make sure you're on the right version of the patch and that your controls are configured properly. Not much else to be said for that.

Besides that, as Thrashy said, real drivers have already tested the car and found it to be realistic. Additional feedback from people who have not driven the car is not needed."
I haven't driven the real thing, but I did compare my laps at Road America with on-board footage from 2020 at the same track. Besides my subpar ability, the cornering speeds are pretty bang on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone with a motion simulati
or know how I can make gear shift shunts less violent, per car. I've been fiddling with drive train.ini but can't seem to find a setting that makes a lot of impact. I'd rather not change gear ratios. I'm searching for a solution per car, since 95% of the cars feel okay with current motion profile. (SFX-100/Sim Feedback) Any help is very much appreciated..

Anyone with a motion simulati
or know how I can make gear shift shunts less violent, per car. I've been fiddling with drive train.ini but can't seem to find a setting that makes a lot of impact. I'd rather not change gear ratios. I'm searching for a solution per car, since 95% of the cars feel okay with current motion profile. (SFX-100/Sim Feedback) Any help is very much appreciated..
I loved the punch in the back that my SFX-100 delivered when banging through sequential gears in a GT car. If anything, I'd be finding ways to increase the effect..! ;)

I loved the punch in the back that my SFX-100 delivered when banging through sequential gears in a GT car. If anything, I'd be finding ways to increase the effect..! ;)
Than were looking for the same value/parameter;)

P.s. I like the effect as well, but some cars honestly give me a whiplash. There's this audi rs3 sedan mod, I just had to delete it because of this. I understand if it's just the F1 cars, but that's not the case.

Last edited:
Than were looking for the same value/parameter;)

P.s. I like the effect as well, but some cars honestly give me a whiplash. There's this audi rs3 sedan mod, I just had to delete it because of this. I understand if it's just the F1 cars, but that's not the case.
I can't remember whether I tuned those punches in or whether they were just a happy accident. Sorry! And I no longer have the SFX so can't check anything for you, unfortunately. Maybe try the dedicated SFX thread at RD?

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back