Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,198 comments
while on a small break from modding, enjoying the book "Hunt the Shunt" for a third time, made a livery for The Hesketh Racing, Postlethwaite modified March 731 Ford.

Luckily it's a F1 1973 mod exist and can be found in the web, but it lacked the exact skin oh legen..wait for it...dary racing team. The 3D model is not perfect, but still a good mod to drive and to feel old school metal horses, the current livery can make you feel driving exact March 731 (Silverstone GP 1973 for example)
archive contains skin only
preview.jpg

Screenshot_gp_1973_731_monaco_1966_thr_15-1-123-22-13-37.jpg

Last edited:
Any chance of shortening the file name (yzd_ferrari_488_gte_evo_2018_le_mans) ?
There are to many characters (max is 32 iirc), which prevents CM to record driven distance and max speed.
Hey I don't understand what's the problem.. It's the name file is too long ? Is that the problem ? ^^

Hey I don't understand what's the problem.. It's the name file is too long ? Is that the problem ? ^^
Yes. There's a max length of 32 characters for the file name. Above that CM will not record driven distance or speed achieved.
The Sprint car does fine, the Endurance not.

6 chameleon skins for one of my top favourite convertibles, the Porsche 918 Spyder Roadster Weissach package (ad_porsche_918_weissach_roadster).

1676481288430.png
1676478379839-png.1231336

1676478436541.png

1676478464063.png

1676478517783.png

1676479718488.png

DOWNLOAD
should be drag&drop in CM (IF you have the car already installed)
This rar also contains a sound replacement with a better one, from the 918 from S.Stirpe. (But original sound included should you want to revert).
Does not change/overwrite anything else from the original mod.

Attachments

• 1676478379839.png
    1676478379839.png
    355.4 KB · Views: 185
6 chameleon skins for one of my top favourite convertibles, the Porsche 918 Spyder Roadster Weissach package (ad_porsche_918_weissach_roadster).
Skins are very nice, thanks for discovering the chameleons 👍
Btw: going by the looks your car has a working right rear view mirror. Mine for some reason looks just dark grey...
EDIT: nevermind the mirror issue... it's not the car, but a CSP thing. Mirrors work fine in a earlier verison...

mirror.png

Last edited:
Hi, it's been too long since my last update on citta di aria:
Probably the last update you have seen is this video from Steel Racing:

He's been helping with anything related with CSP since then.

About the latest changes on the track:
Environment its close to completion, I still have to fix most of the textures, and some buildings will have to be moved to fit around the track.
The enviroment doesn't include the buildings closest to the track, those are separate and most are still missing

cda_viewport.png

cda_viewport01.png

As you might see from the screenshots, the gtpsp mesh it's still there, I'll slowly replace it with the new buildings as soon as they're ready.
Here are some of the tests on buildings:

cda_viewport03.png

cda_viewport04.png

Also, these screenshots are from 3d software, I'll try to send some screenshots ingame later this month. Still thinking about a public beta, but that might be later.

Environment its close to completion, I still have to fix most of the textures, and some buildings will have to be moved to fit around the track.
The enviroment doesn't include the buildings closest to the track, those are separate and most are still missing

View attachment 1231393
View attachment 1231394

As you might see from the screenshots, the gtpsp mesh it's still there, I'll slowly replace it with the new buildings as soon as they're ready.

View attachment 1231395
View attachment 1231396

Also, these screenshots are from 3d software, I'll try to send some screenshots ingame later this month. Still thinking about a public beta, but that might be later.

WOW se ve increible wow looks incredible

Last edited:

View attachment 1231393
View attachment 1231394

View attachment 1231395
View attachment 1231396

That's incredible. Very font memories of that track. Hope we get to drive it soon. Would be a blast in the 595 S2 tuned model.

View attachment 1231393
View attachment 1231394

View attachment 1231395
View attachment 1231396

I don't know Gran Turismo very well but I remember seeing the preview vid and thinking that this would lend itself perfectly to a skin for 1950s sponsors, so would love to give it a go in beta form if you ever feel like releasing it. Great job on those buildings.

Just was interested in GT4 proper racing experience of some of the cars, but then moved on balancing for others.

GT4 class that are relativily stock cars and great fun to drive. For AC it's 0.83 pack of Gt4 cars made by Guerilla mods and few other GT4 cars from other modders. That was a dissapointment when i found Guerilla brilliant looking cars was huge mismatch in physics point. Such as NA cars had twin turbo instead, 8 gear drivetrains, enormous weight of some of them and some cars were trully underpowered. So i coolected his and other GT4 cars (24 including Kunos) and fixed them, balancing how it was possible. After testings on different circuits all the 24 cars had marging 2-3.5 sec between first and last, depending on the circuit.

these visually awesome cars were originally converted by Guerilla, and were found on open source. Pack insludes
new DATA folder with correct physics and "orig data" file with old physics.

• Alpine A110 GT4
  • Aston Martin Vantage GT4
  • Audi R8 LMS GT4
  • BMW M4 GT4
  • Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
  • Ford Mustang GT4
  • Ginetta G55 GT4
  • KTM X-BOW GT4
  • McLaren 570S GT4
  • Mercedes AMG GT4
  • Panoz Avezzano GT4
  • Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • Saleen S1 GT4
  • Sin R1 GT4
  • Toyota Supra GT4

I made it for myself to have some fun racing after FIA big events.

Ps: It's not perfect yet, still need some work on BoP for some cars

*(!) Some of the cars are top runners, some oldie GT4 cars are underdogs on the grid. Some of them can be a victory grabber on narrow tracks,
but can be a dog of a car on high speed tracks (such as KTM X-bow ❤️ like it).
The two cars i am not quite sure in my fix are new Bavarian Supra and Panoz*.

also it contain following our remade physics car or original cars:

• Nissan 370z** originally converted by Beezer
  • Aston Martin Vantage GT4 2013
  • BMW M3 E92 GT4
  • Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT4**
  • Lotus 2-Eleven GT4 (Kunos) - not included, you have it
  • Lotus Evora GTC (Kunos with - BoP fix) - standalone car
  • Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 (Kunos) - not included, you have it
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport 2015 (Kunos) - not included, you have it
  • Porsche Cayman GT4 Schmickler Performance** originally converted by BEM

MEGA Download
Thank you so much for this, was a blast to race in. Just curious, is there a way to get wet tyres for the Alpine? It's the only car that somehow doesn't have wet tyres...

I use a 1080p monitor so thought I'd share something I've been playing around with recently for those who haven't ever tried it.
I have a lot of headroom with best settings as i lock to my screens resolution of 60hz.
After exploring DRS, DLDRS on Nvidia cards I have obliterated any of that kunos bad AA vibes and i'm very pleased.

DLDRS needs an RTX but DRS can be with any nvidia card.
Simply set DLDRS or DRS in the global nv control panel, then in AC (or any game) change the resolution to the new higher ones.
So for example I set it in AC now at 4K.
Because of the headroom I had I can now run AC at basically 4k, now I'm not here to debate with 4k owners that I am wrong, I'm not saying it as good as a real 4k monitor, my only point is that it rids AC of jaggies and bad AA which its always struggled with.

You can also fiddle around with the CSP settings which use that AMD fx thing which is basically like DLSS.

So then you can downscale the upscale to gain back headroom or FPS but still have a much better image.

If you set AC to 4k resolution this is what the CSP AMD thing does with resolutions.

4k:

Quality: 2560x1440p

Balance: 2227x1253p

Performance: 1920x1080p

Ultra Perf: 1280x720p

Further to that simply by changing my resolution to the 1440p setting creates a better gaming image without much cost.
Hard to convey in pics, but as i like pics i'll post some.
I know I'm late to the party but really got into using this as i was doing it wrong before and having explored it in MSFS it was a game changer as jaggies really get to me, so if anyone hasn't looked into it, in AC it really works so long as you have head room and i guess a 1080p monitor.

Same with AMS2 and Project cars 2, other games with bad AA. And any older sims you can run maxed out resolution.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayman_gt4_clubsport_mugello_15-1-123-0-43-2.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayman_gt4_clubsport_mugello_15-1-123-0-42-29.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1231393
View attachment 1231394

View attachment 1231395
View attachment 1231396

I am really glad that there is new news that the project is not dead - but I am sad to see that CSP will be needed.
I think I need to research the internet, get the Gran Turismo base of the track and make a conversion for my own use, because I love this old Italian environment, but my PC is old, I don't want CSP, I'm old too, can't wait long.

I am really glad that there is new news that the project is not dead - but I am sad to see that CSP will be needed.
I think I need to research the internet, get the Gran Turismo base of the track and make a conversion for my own use, because I love this old Italian environment, but my PC is old, I don't want CSP, I'm old too, can't wait long.
You do know that CSP has optimisations that can actually improve AC performance?
Having an old PC isn't a reason not to use CSP.
Or you can install CSP but basically turn everything off, or even disable CSP altogether with a mouse click?
Content Manager and CSP are not only needed for some tracks and cars, it actually an objectively better way to use Assetto Corsa.

You do know that CSP has optimisations that can actually improve AC performance?
Having an old PC isn't a reason not to use CSP.
Or you can install CSP but basically turn everything off, or even disable CSP altogether with a mouse click?
Content Manager and CSP are not only needed for some tracks and cars, it actually an objectively better way to use Assetto Corsa.
My hard drive is 32bit... the Kunos AC works great. I would need a new PC because of the CSP and I don't want to spend a fortune because of the CSP (Hungary ranks first in Europe in terms of inflation, and almost in last place in terms of wages).

My hard drive is 32bit... the Kunos AC works great. I would need a new PC because of the CSP and I don't want to spend a fortune because of the CSP (Hungary ranks first in Europe in terms of inflation, and almost in last place in terms of wages).
Sorry if you start getting annoyed by all this, that would be legitimate, but what exactly are your PC spec that make you stuck on a 32b ?

Last edited:

View attachment 1231393
View attachment 1231394

View attachment 1231395
View attachment 1231396

Imagine racing on this track with the Red Bull X2011. That would be really hard to do so.

Sorry if you start getting annoyed by all this, that would be legitimate, by what exactly are your PC spec that make you stuck on a 32b ?
Sorry mate, ok last mention of CSP... well according to system requirement it only works on 64bit... and sorry, I didn't mean to annoy other people, I'm annoyed and maybe I talked too much, I'm sorry!
csp.jpg

Sorry mate, ok last mention of CSP... well according to system requirement it only works on 64bit... and sorry, I didn't mean to annoy other people, I'm annoyed and maybe I talked too much, I'm sorry! View attachment 1231529
I was asking your PC spec to understand why you stay on a 32 and if it would be interesting for you to up to 64 but alright, let's move on

View attachment 1231393
View attachment 1231394

View attachment 1231395
View attachment 1231396

Good Heavens, you are making a great, great work! This is looking really good! For the future, may i suggest a version/layout which can remember some Mille Miglia theme? I have suggested the same to Steel Racing for a project he's making. And your also could perfectly fit the theme of those classic vintage races. Let me know your opinion about it, and, for the rest, i wish you a great work! Keep it doing it!

I use a 1080p monitor so thought I'd share something I've been playing around with recently for those who haven't ever tried it.
I have a lot of headroom with best settings as i lock to my screens resolution of 60hz.
After exploring DRS, DLDRS on Nvidia cards I have obliterated any of that kunos bad AA vibes and i'm very pleased.

DLDRS needs an RTX but DRS can be with any nvidia card.
Simply set DLDRS or DRS in the global nv control panel, then in AC (or any game) change the resolution to the new higher ones.
So for example I set it in AC now at 4K.
Because of the headroom I had I can now run AC at basically 4k, now I'm not here to debate with 4k owners that I am wrong, I'm not saying it as good as a real 4k monitor, my only point is that it rids AC of jaggies and bad AA which its always struggled with.

You can also fiddle around with the CSP settings which use that AMD fx thing which is basically like DLSS.

So then you can downscale the upscale to gain back headroom or FPS but still have a much better image.

If you set AC to 4k resolution this is what the CSP AMD thing does with resolutions.

4k:

Quality: 2560x1440p

Balance: 2227x1253p

Performance: 1920x1080p

Ultra Perf: 1280x720p

Further to that simply by changing my resolution to the 1440p setting creates a better gaming image without much cost.
Hard to convey in pics, but as i like pics i'll post some.
I know I'm late to the party but really got into using this as i was doing it wrong before and having explored it in MSFS it was a game changer as jaggies really get to me, so if anyone hasn't looked into it, in AC it really works so long as you have head room and i guess a 1080p monitor.

Same with AMS2 and Project cars 2, other games with bad AA. And any older sims you can run maxed out resolution.

View attachment 1231506View attachment 1231507
Just wondering if you happen to know how to get unlimited FPS in AC/CSP/CM again, ever since the last CSP update, it will only render the game up to the display's refresh rate and no higher, despite turning motion blur on or off.

I was asking your PC spec to understand why you stay on a 32 and if it would be interesting for you to up to 64 but alright, let's move on
a 32bit only PC shouldn't be anywhere near capable of running AC lol It maybe able to run vanilla rfactor and thats about it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back