Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,311 comments
What do you guys do for LODs, particularly from Blender models? Simplygon is out of my price range currently. I'm trying the LOD Maker plugin which works OK but doesnt alway reduce the kn5 size a lot, even after removing additional objects, like maybe 40% on a 85mb file.

Also in general how many lods should be made? Seems to vary between 1 and 3.
the kunos standard and 3 LODs

Unfortunately this meets neither criteria (it is SimHub based, and is still 'modern' - But I modified an existing leaderboard last year that is 2023 based, but includes older cars and teams.

Not sure when I'll get around to updating for the 2024 season (probably once there's an RSS 2024 mod + SPMod and RTT finish releasing all their 2024 cars)
Yes! Yours is exactly what I was referring to, I just couldn't find the name. Only thing is I couldn't get it to work with the latest Simhub, but it seems like since they changed to version 9 quite a few overlays don't work

finished two more skins for now:

__custom_showroom_1716235167.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283084.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283159.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283210.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283359.jpg

__custom_showroom_1716235189.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283093.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283136.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283226.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716283344.jpg

shi
Marrakesh ePrix v1.01

View attachment 1289157
The Marrakesh ePrix is held on the temporary Circuit International Automobile Moulay El Hassan. It is located in the Agdal district of Marrakech. The track is 2.971 km (1.846 mi) in length and features 14 turns. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor2.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor2 Original Track by Garitt Gibsn and Errol Prefet
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Fanapryde

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fine-tuning textures by @twobegreen . (Thanks!)

Marrakesh ePrix v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
-Fine-tuning textures by @twobegreen . (Thanks!)
Screenshot_ruf_yellowbird_marrakesh_eprix_21-4-124-19-36-13.jpg

What do you guys do for LODs, particularly from Blender models? Simplygon is out of my price range currently. I'm trying the LOD Maker plugin which works OK but doesnt alway reduce the kn5 size a lot, even after removing additional objects, like maybe 40% on a 85mb file.

Also in general how many lods should be made? Seems to vary between 1 and 3.
Maximum of decimation within the range of "non-visible" changes, joining objects texture-wise, reducing drastically texture size and number, removing everything out of view from the wanted distance, cleaning of polys after decimation/joints. Piece by piece, it takes a while but once you're used to it you can do it all 3 LODs in 1/2 days. A good thing is to keep the Kunos' guide for goals to reach in terms of number of objects/poly.

Last edited:
You are right, btw as a sample I want to remove RWD
FIND WHAT: "tags": RWD,
REPLACE WITH: "tags": "",
Is this the right way?

:gtplanet:
FIND WHAT: "RWD," (you have to type the quotes " and the ending comma)
REPLACE WITH: ""

If some RWD tags are the last tag, you will have some RWD tags left (you can delete them manualy or do a further replace with
FIND WHAT: "RWD" (without the ending comma)
REPLACE WITH: ""

Hi, can anyone tell me how I can extract the "Data.acd" file with a key combination?.
I know this option exists because I've used it in the past but I don't remember
I don't want to use the developer option.
Thank you

@Breathe

Few quick questions: The link for this new Adelaide 2023, the Terra21 version updated by R1SKY, seems to just link to the original Terra adelaide2016 version.

I also for the life of me can't get into this JLB Discord to try this "JLB JC" Ledenon circuit. I think the one I have is an ACTK, so I'd love a higher quality replacement. Any chance of a working separate link?

Finally, not for Breathe but for everyone, new Reboot Fuji update out. Would love a changelog if possible.

Cheers.

Last edited:
X90
@Breathe

I also for the life of me can't get into this JLB Discord to try this "JLB JC" Ledenon circuit. I think the one I have is an ACTK, so I'd love a higher quality replacement. Any chance of a working separate link?
Afaik, that track is still in progress and not made public yet...

I will try to have a look after a few days (going to Stockholm for work until Friday)

note: it would be great if you could point out where you hear the skids, even better i you use Object Inspector and note the MESH names, cheers.
it starts already from the starting line, (mesh = 1ROAD_high_8_0_SUB9 )
where the wheels give a tarmac screech on launch...

Judging from the texture this is supposed to be some kind of gravel/dirt mix, and not tarmac ... right?
So I would expect it to sound different on wheel spin at launch.
I would love to find out how to fix this myself (if this is doable w some extension parameters that is, and there is no need to change it in the actual track building software?)

Might still be that it's a setting on my end (?) or I misinterpret the texture there (in which case the texture should be changed ;) )

Have a good business trip and thanks already for looking into it when you return!

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is different in mods that have autogeneration of wet tyres? I don't see anything different in the tyres.ini, etc. I want to disable autogen wet tyres in the specific car itself. I have extended physics turned off, never use it (I heard extended physics does the autogen of wet tyres). So usually cars I race don't autogen wet tyres in rain which is what I want. No autogen of wet tyres.

The car in this instance are the chivas gt500 cars. Something in that mod is generating wet tyres in rain. I don't want that for specific reasons. Hope someone knows how to stop it.

EDIT: WEIRD! It's only with the Chivas GT500 2006. Doesn't happen with the Chivas GT500 2007 or 2008. wth. I might try and copy the data folders from 2007 to the 2006. I'll let you know if that works. If it does, great, but I'd still love to know why, yo.

UPDATE: Well that worked. Replaced the 2006 data folders with the ones from 2007 (sans the digi instrument.ini and lods.ini). No wet tyre generation. I want to run a comparison on the different data folders to see what's diff, or rather see if I can find what difference causes the auto gen of wet tyres.
Okay, finally figured this out. I think the car.ini was forcing extended physics to be used for this particular car and therefore the WET tyres were being generated when I didn't want them to.

The difference in the car.ini is this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=extended-2
// That up there seems to force extended physics and causes cars to pit when a single rain drop falls to put on auto generated WET tyres. I didn't want that.

Changed it to this:

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
// Cars don't auto generate WET tyres and they stay out of the pits when some one spits in the wind.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a way to hide driver suit parts on a car that is encrypted? Is it possible to hide driver parts using the ext-config.ini file as opposed to the driver3d.ini ?

The driver of the car in cockpit view looks like his feet are pressed up, bottoms-flat on the windshield and is trying to fart on the face of the steering wheel.

Trying to think of a solution. I can unpack and then edit the driver3d.ini. It's regular text, not garbage bitcode or whatever. but If I try to use the data folder instead othe data.acd after adding the [HIDE] header and data to hide the suit, I get an error about 'unable to unpack the something.kn5'. I was hoping that since the .ini wasn't garbage after unpacking then the car wasn't encrypted but it seems it is in some way. Can't adjust the wheel-farter driver...

edit: the driver is in the normal position when looking at the car and driver in cm showroom. So the issue seems to only show when in first-person cockpit view.

Lemme know if you guys have any ideas for a workaround.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a way to hide driver suit parts on a car that is encrypted? Is it possible to hide driver parts using the ext-config.ini file as opposed to the driver3d.ini ?

The driver of the car in cockpit view looks like his feet are pressed up, bottoms-flat on the windshield and is trying to fart on the face of the steering wheel.

Trying to think of a solution. I can unpack and then edit the driver3d.ini. It's regular text, not garbage bitcode or whatever. but If I try to use the data folder instead othe data.acd after adding the [HIDE] header and data to hide the suit, I get an error about 'unable to unpack the something.kn5'. I was hoping that since the .ini wasn't garbage after unpacking then the car wasn't encrypted but it seems it is in some way. Can't adjust the wheel-farter driver...

edit: the driver is in the normal position when looking at the car and driver in cm showroom. So the issue seems to only show when in first-person cockpit view.

hi Teddie , you can swap the driver just with an ext_config.ini in the car's extension folder, or in a particular skin folder...

add something like this in ext_config.ini file:

[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
ACTIVE=1
NAME=driver_no_helmet_cuir
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

you can choose what driver , and which parts to hide in First Person cockpit view.

:cheers:

best way to hide anything on an encrypted car, is to send it to the recycle bin or better yet, select the car folder, hold shift, press del key. Instantly hidden
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Im getting a new PC soon, is there a way to move AC from my old PC to my new one with all the mods included ?
copy your steamApps-ac folder, documents-ac folder, and appdata-local-AcTools Content Manager (if you use CM) over to your new machine with a external HD. I believe if you copy all that over to the new machine and boot up AC, it should pick up where it left off. You can either redownload CM on the new machine, or also copy over that with the rest mentioned above. Someone can correct me if I forgot a folder or two to copy over.

Last time I need to do that, I think I ended up just cloning the whole drive (as bootable) onto an nvme drive plugged into the old machine externally, then physically installed that disk into the new machine and just "picked up" where I left off with my whole computer, AC included. Depending on your current PC that may or may not be what you want to do or an option.

Last edited:
Im getting a new PC soon, is there a way to move AC from my old PC to my new one with all the mods included ?
Install the base AC from steam first on the new PC then copy across the folders mentioned by Batmans butler ;)(@alfredwayne )
I have my AC all backed up on a portable drive after having my old laptop die a horrible smokey death and did it that way when I got a new laptop, lost nothing other than new files I had added since the backup was created.
my steam folder is installed on a seperate SSD into a folder named game. It includes all steam games I have plus CM installed there, so only backup needed to make is the one games folder, plus the assettocorsa folder in documents.

CM also stores data in C:\Users\insert your username here\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager

Last edited:
X90
@Breathe

Few quick questions: The link for this new Adelaide 2023, the Terra21 version updated by R1SKY, seems to just link to the original Terra adelaide2016 version.

Finally, not for Breathe but for everyone, new Reboot Fuji update out. Would love a changelog if possible.

Cheers.
I corrected the link for Adelaide 2023

And for Ledenon, as @Fanapryde said, it's a WIP

Another of the NZ Formula Atlantic cars from 1982 to fit the Legion/lorelord ralt rt3. This one Dave McMillans.
Again not perfect and compromises are made since its the incorrect model, but maybe I'll update it in future. Not sure how far I am going to take doing these skins. Reference photos arent easy to find that arent in black & white.
(Edit: driver helmet and skin doesnt look white in screenshot, but it's definitely white, just the lighting in the showroom)

ralt rt4 dm_AC.jpg

Attachments

• David McMillan Ralt RT3.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
In other modding news...
We can finally end the debate around RTT and SDD.
SIM Dream is SIM Dream again.

"We have some great news for you! The Sim Dream Development team has been rearranged and is back into modding! Today, we're releasing our first two F1 2024 cars."

lights the blue touch-power fuse and stands well clear, out of the blast radius

@Peter Boese: in Pure, the 'fog shape' setting of -1 isn't sufficient to stop distant mountains getting shrouded in a very unrealistic (and very ugly) duck-egg light blue fog at certain times of day.
Below is Mt Fuji (from the RT Fuji track) at 3pm mid-June, which ends up looking like a big glowing glacier.
Can the negative fog shape setting be decreased way beyond -1, or can we disable the fog altogether for these situations?
I've noticed this same effect on quite a few tracks with distant mountains, and it always ruins the overall aesthetic.
Nothing else I've tried seems to solve it.
Thanks.

1716372915492.jpeg

shi
Meadowlands Grand Prix v1.02

View attachment 1255833
The Meadowlands Grand Prix was a CART IndyCar race held at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey from 1984 until 1991. The event was the first major auto race in the New York City metropolitan area since the 1937 Vanderbilt Cup. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by AR rFactor Tracks
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by @G_Parrilla
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.
Converted upon request by Patreon member Denver Thurston.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
-Skyline building textures edited by Alfred Wayne. (Thanks!)
-Fixed objects in skyline buildings not repeating.

v1.02 changelog;
-New AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by parrilla. (Thanks!)
-Changed Crowds texture to those of Kniker97. (Thanks!)
-Lightened the texture of the tire wall.

Meadowlands Grand Prix v1.02
The link is in the quote.

v1.02 changelog;
-New AI, sidelines and ai_hints.ini by @G_Parrilla . (Thanks!)
-Changed Crowds texture to those of @Kniker97 . (Thanks!)
-Lightened the texture of the tire wall.
Screenshot_f302_mistral_531_lmp2_meadowlands_22-4-124-19-49-0.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back