Virginia
Watkins Glen
Westwood 1990
Willow
Yas Marina Circuit
Zandvoort
Zolder

Last edited:
A little late to the Corvette DP party but wow Wow WOOOW that car is fun to drive. Nice grip and sounds awesome. Did some laps around Melbourne to get used to it (my first laps at that track, too, very nice layout) but then took it to the Nordschleife, once you get used to its characteristics it is really enjoyable and quick! I don't even mind the limited cockpit view (running FOV 70%, seat all the way forward, pitch 12), really need to consider 3 monitors though...

A little late to the Corvette DP party but wow Wow WOOOW that car is fun to drive. Nice grip and sounds awesome. Did some laps around Melbourne to get used to it (my first laps at that track, too, very nice layout) but then took it to the Nordschleife, once you get used to its characteristics it is really enjoyable and quick!

Couldn't agree more! The only thing it doesn't like are bumps, once this thing loses contact, it's getting nasty quick.
But I think a 6:51:xxx around the 'Schleife, just going casual, just shows how awesome this car is. Really shifting through the gears is seriously addictive!

Couldn't agree more! The only thing it doesn't like are bumps, once this thing loses contact, it's getting nasty quick.
But I think a 6:51:xxx around the 'Schleife, just going casual, just shows how awesome this car is. Really shifting through the gears is seriously addictive!

I *LOVE* going through the gears on that thing :) I actually didn't even get a clean lap, spun at Adenauer Forst and still got a 6:48 so I'm not sure what the car can do but it's faster than me... (EDIT: still can't get a clean flying lap but my best out lap was a 7:13 which is 30 seconds off what I was doing yesterday :) so I think the car can get down to the teens of 6 minutes... maybe with a good tuning even approach the 6:11 track record.)

Last edited:
Quick question to a modder. I wonder if we can use GT6 photo mode as a reference to make a track/cars (I know, a lot of work) since we can't hack the framework of GT6 model?

I don't think there would be any problem using it as a reference, the guy that is working on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was helped in the creation of the track with a ton of pictures from iRacing that one of the other AC forum members supplied him with. As long as your not taking the content out of the game and converting it to AC(like COTA that was converted from Codemasters and the 911 GT3 RSR from Forza 4), you should be alright. It shouldn't be any different than using an image you found online or took yourself. :)

I don't think there would be any problem using it as a reference, the guy that is working on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was helped in the creation of the track with a ton of pictures from iRacing that one of the other AC forum members supplied him with. As long as your not taking the content out of the game and converting it to AC(like COTA that was converted from Codemasters and the 911 GT3 RSR from Forza 4), you should be alright. It shouldn't be any different than using an image you found online or took yourself. :)

I though so, im quite interested on modding AC, and GT6 seems like a perfect helper for reference, even though one can argue that GT6 tracks are laser scanned or not, imo it has one of the best looking track models in any sim out there with AC and Iracing, I just dont have enough free time, and judging by all the scratch made content, it takes a long time to finish it, plus the bug fixing. And yeah, ripping is really sad. It gives a bad name to this amazing sim.

I *LOVE* going through the gears on that thing :) I actually didn't even get a clean lap, spun at Adenauer Forst and still got a 6:48 so I'm not sure what the car can do but it's faster than me... (EDIT: still can't get a clean flying lap but my best out lap was a 7:13 which is 30 seconds off what I was doing yesterday :) so I think the car can get down to the teens of 6 minutes... maybe with a good tuning even approach the 6:11 track record.)

My best run now is a 6:22:xxx, that's with high downforce and soft slicks, so if I'm going to improve upon that time, then I'll probably have to drive less downforce to have a higher top speed on Döttinger and from Quiddelbacher Höhe to Schwedenkreuz and probably going to have to fiddle with suspension, which I know nothing about, so I guess I'm just going to accept that that was the maximum I can get out of the car.

My best run now is a 6:22:xxx, that's with high downforce and soft slicks, so if I'm going to improve upon that time, then I'll probably have to drive less downforce to have a higher top speed on Döttinger and from Quiddelbacher Höhe to Schwedenkreuz and probably going to have to fiddle with suspension, which I know nothing about, so I guess I'm just going to accept that that was the maximum I can get out of the car.

Nice run! Same here, I'm driving it stock on whatever tires it defaults to, I get maybe 176mph down the hill after the bridge. To be honest, I might fiddle with the car a bit - it can be shocking how much the balance and turn-in varies on low speed vs. high speed corners, sometimes the turn-in is almost too eager and other times it's so easy to get terminal understeer and barely (or not) keep the car off the grass. You really need to time the off throttle and especially back on throttle right or there's no grip. I'll share any helpful tweaks I can find :)

Why there is only a post for the circuits and not for the cars?
Nothing about the thread title tells me this is a TRACK ONLY threads. It's for mods, all of them, it's just that up until now, only skins were available for cars and there were (almost) no new 3rd party cars available.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back