Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,784 comments
Tried Virginia International Raceway last night - it's only the perimeter (full course) but it is awesome!

New track: Virginia.

“If there is a heaven on earth, it is VIR.”
Paul Newman

Who are we to argue with Paul Newman, trying this track is liking it.

I have to disagree with both of you. This conversion looks worse than the original and drives worse than the original despite the advantages of AC in comparison to rfactor. Shoddy conversions such as this shouldn't be applauded. Hopefully someone will create a decent version of this track, because it is a good racing track in all of its four layouts.

Could anyone try Interlagos and post some pics? I don't a PC capable of running AC but would like to see how my home track is on the game. :D

Wasn't too thrilled to see the Cobra took up 2.4GB of hard drive space, but then I drove it:) That is a mighty fine car. Ton of fun. And although it likes to wiggle, you really feel the weight transfer beautifully. So you never cry foul when you screw up.

Glad the flood gates have really opened on AC and the mods.

I got around to trying the Cobra and all I can say is WOW. I am glad I made this my first car mod, no disappointments here. I love how the standard version is all about using the throttle to get it around the track. Then you move to the S1, which is meant to be a "kit" version of the car with updated drivetrain, suspension and brakes, and you can really feel the modern components being used in the car. I haven't even gotten to the SC Cobra yet. :D I couldn't stop driving the S1 and standard long enough to try.

I have to disagree with both of you. This conversion looks worse than the original and drives worse than the original despite the advantages of AC in comparison to rfactor. Shoddy conversions such as this shouldn't be applauded. Hopefully someone will create a decent version of this track, because it is a good racing track in all of its four layouts.

Yeah well ;) I can see some improvements to be made of course... like I said I've raced the real track, at least the South Course anyway. It's confusing as hell not seeing those villas next to the esses... and some of the turns on that end of the track are a lot less grippy and more bumpy than they should be.

Still, I wasn't about to complain since I'd rather have this "shoddy" conversion than no VIR in AC :) A lot of other tracks I get bored of after 10-15 laps, but VIR I'll do 20 or more before even going back to the pits to check my splits...

Yeah well ;) I can see some improvements to be made of course... like I said I've raced the real track, at least the South Course anyway. It's confusing as hell not seeing those villas next to the esses... and some of the turns on that end of the track are a lot less grippy and more bumpy than they should be.

Still, I wasn't about to complain since I'd rather have this "shoddy" conversion than no VIR in AC :) A lot of other tracks I get bored of after 10-15 laps, but VIR I'll do 20 or more before even going back to the pits to check my splits...

I just hope that the existence of a shoddy copy doesn't keep someone from doing a version that does it justice. For me I'd prefer to boot up rfactor to drive this track, it looks better and drives better.

I just hope that the existence of a shoddy copy doesn't keep someone from doing a version that does it justice. For me I'd prefer to boot up rfactor to drive this track, it looks better and drives better.
This is actually what worries me the most. Modders see "oh, there's already that track" and don't work on it.
I could imagine this will happen a lot, hence why I don't like all these half a....ACHOOO... sorry *sniff* conversion.

This is actually what worries me the most. Modders see "oh, there's already that track" and don't work on it.
I could imagine this will happen a lot, hence why I don't like all these half a....ACHOOO... sorry *sniff* conversion.

LOL yeah ... let's hope that by identifying it as such, the good modders will consider it fair game if the existing mod is merely a conversion (with a lot of room for major improvements).

2 additional tracks; Brands Hatch Indy and Longford 1967, also wanted to mention that Eastern Creek has been updated and it is very good now.

Updated list

Akagi Mountain pass
Algarve
Alp Hillclimb
Aosta Grand Sport
Assen
Autumn Ring
Barcelona
Bathurst
Blackwood
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch Indy
Brno
Cadwell park
Cascavel
Chayka
Circuit of The Americas
Croft
Daytona
Death Race
Donington Park
Dorifto
Dragon Range
Eastern Creek
Fuji Speedway short track
Fuji International
Gen Track 1
Glava Zete
Gunsai Touge
Hillclimb
Hockenheim Old Circuit
Hungaroring
Indianapolis
Interlagos
Interlagos79
Istanbul Park
Joux Plane
Laguna
Longford 67
Lime Rock
Losail
Magny Cours
Malaysia
Mallory Park
Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Mid Ohio
Mission
Monaco
Montreal
Montreal 1994
Mosport Park
Nardo
Nordschleife
Oran Park
Okoyama
Paul Ricard
Phillip Island
Prato
Rivijera
Road Atlanta
Road America
Sandown
Sarthe (Le Mans)
Shanghai Roof Top
Suzuka
Tsukuba
Top Gear
Trial Mountain
Vairano
Virginia
Watkins Glen
Westwood 1990
Willow
Yas Marina Circuit
Zandvoort
Zolder

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the BRZ mod yet? I love the car, but the sound was pretty horrible.
Is it worth a download?

It is pretty horrible to drive, but if you let the AI drive it then you can race against it in a decent car.
So far the Cobra is really good, the Ibiza is fun, the Corvette as great potential and so does the RSR, the rest, for now, better let the AI drive them. In a way same as with GT6 with the standard cars, hoops! sorry, simplified interior cars.:D

Anyone tried the reliant robin yet? He made it rollable using an invisible tyre with high friction. Hope Kunos let modders use more/less than 4 wheels, I just looked at rFactor and you can get bikes and trucks, really tempted to get it...

Also Tesla Model S just got released, gonna try tomorrow.

Every one has to try this::lol:

kastleburg08_zpsc2d2fc4d.jpg

link to download here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/kastleburg-released.12957/

I downloaded the newest Snoopy NS build. He puts incredibly lot of work into it. But for me, personally, I cant get used to it. I have driven the NS in GT4, GT5 and GT6 for hundreds of hours and on Snoopys version sometimes I am not even sure on what part of the track I am. Everything feels so completely different. I have no clue if the GT version is accurate in comparison to real life.

I downloaded the newest Snoopy NS build. He puts incredibly lot of work into it. But for me, personally, I cant get used to it. I have driven the NS in GT4, GT5 and GT6 for hundreds of hours and on Snoopys version sometimes I am not even sure on what part of the track I am. Everything feels so completely different. I have no clue if the GT version is accurate in comparison to real life.

Give it time, I had the same problem. I started driving the 0.9.3 version which was also crazy bumpy (think GT4 bumpy) and then 0.9.8 smoothed out a lot of those areas. 1.0 and beyond improved further as far as the actual curves and such but I agree, it takes some visualizing in your mind because the visual cues in the track got pushed later than you're used to with GT5 or GT6 (nice clean visible kerbs and so forth). So it's like you have to work on turning earlier, using the "feel" you recall from GT5/6.

I'm at about 110 laps of Snoopy's NS in AC now and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it :)

I personally like Snoopy's version better than GT"s version. To me it seems like more of how actually driving there would be. Some oh 🤬 moments (not crashing but, oh ..) a couple times a lap in different sections each lap. I always got to be on my toes in his version, where in GT I can get pretty relaxed and might only have 1 oh 🤬 in 5 laps.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back