Assetto Corsa Porsche Pack 2 Lands on PC Today, Volume 1 Hits PS4 & XB1 November 29

Working for me now. The 917/30 is a beast! :D
Haha! :lol: That car is straight up 🤬. It just pulls and pulls. You look down at the speedo (if you display one) and think, "How the hell am I doing 145mph already?? :lol:" Those crazy cars are so much fun. I really, really, really would love to see a Chaparral 2J mod some day. If I weren't so lazy I would get started on one myself. I assume the 917/30 would crush the 2J at a place like Monza, but I wonder how they would compare on a twisty track. Even with the insane aero on the 2J I don't think its cornering speed advantage would be enough to overcome the brutal torque & power of the 917/30.

I haven't been able to locate official lap times for the 2J, so I could be way off in my assessments. Does anybody have any performance numbers for either of these two cars?

Last edited by a moderator:
A reminder: either let the board software censor a word, or use the 🤬 emoticon for the whole word. Partial censoring defeats the purpose, and will be considered bypassing the swear filter.

To those having an issue with DLC: I know Kunos has said they've found a problem, but as some people are gaining access to the Porsches, I imagine some folks are trying to jump the gun. I know it's a similar situation with Forza on Xbox: the store will still show the price of the new DLC even if you own the Season Pass, but if you wait until after the update is fully downloaded and installed, the cars appear available in-game. 👍

@ALB123 Donohue's pole lap at Watkins Glen in '73 was quicker than the F1 pole in the same year.

@ALB123 Donohue's pole lap at Watkins Glen in '73 was quicker than the F1 pole in the same year.
Wow...I didn't know that. I wouldn't claim to know much about the man, except that he was one of a kind. Very talented in many areas - driving - setting up his own car...He wrote a book that's supposed to be pretty good.

917 had about double the horsepower no?
Oh, it must have been at least double, I would guess.

I just did 1 Google search, so don't jump all over me if I'm wrong about something...but, I just found:

500 hp at 12000 rpm-580 kg (1975 Ferrari 312T)

then I looked at the Lotus 72D in Content Manager and that only had ~450hp. Actually, we have the Ferrari 312T in game too.

So, the Porsche 917/30 is tuned 1200hp in AC, but I've read they could tune it for 1500hp for Qualifying. That's triple the hp of both of those early 1970s Formula 1 cars. I can't even fathom what it must have felt like to drive that thing. :eek:

I can't even fathom what it must have felt like to drive that thing. :eek:

mURNGFx.gif

I'm sorry that just seems to be random motion that is not even sync'd to the game.

Looks sync'd to me. When he turns left the rig leans right, when he turns right it leans left, when he accelerates it leans back, when he brakes it leans forward, when he goes over a crest the entire rig lifts up. That being said, I had a brief go in a similar (if a bit inferior) rig and found all the movement fairly distracting and not natural feeling.

Looks sync'd to me. When he turns left the rig leans right, when he turns right it leans left, when he accelerates it leans back, when he brakes it leans forward, when he goes over a crest the entire rig lifts up. That being said, I had a brief go in a similar (if a bit inferior) rig and found all the movement fairly distracting and not natural feeling.

This may be great in VR, when you dont see the real sorroundings and only the car around you.

First motor race I ever watched on tv was the 1972 Indy 500. Mark is probably the most unsung driver in motorsports, a true all around racer who could, and did, drive anything to victory. Love to see a tribute to him with a couple of cars in AC:tup:👍

MarkDonohue1972.jpg
Here is a video. Funny I had an AFX HO racing set as a kid,had the RC Cola car and an L and M special car.

Incredible to think that the 917/30 was racing in '73, a time where the most powerful road car would have been the 33 Stradale or the early Countach or the 365/GTB4 Daytona. Even to this day, it would totally destroy the latest hypercars. Silly to think that they cancelled the Can-Am series because of its domination. Why didn't they do the same with F1 with the McLaren MP4/4 in that case?

Back