Assetto Corsa PS4 T300RS and T500RS FFB settingPS4 

T300 - since I do not like to "workout" when I'm driving cars, I've only lowered ffb strengt to 20% , everything else I left intact and that works/feels very well for now.

T300 - since I do not like to "workout" when I'm driving cars, I've only lowered ffb strengt to 20% , everything else I left intact and that works/feels very well for now.

Can you share a screenshot of the FFB setting page? i lost track of the default value thou.

Can you share a screenshot of the FFB setting page? i lost track of the default value thou.

default ffb settings :
100 - I use 20%
off
off - I use th8a so this one is on for me

Just noticed another "glitch" this morning.Looks like ffb settings get reset if you switch and play with gamepad.

default ffb settings :
100 - I use 20%
off
off - I use th8a so this one is on for me

Just noticed another "glitch" this morning.Looks like ffb settings get reset if you switch and play with gamepad.

that isn't a glitch i supposed. Because on pc player are able to save their FFB and controller preset. No way to save it in ps4 version YET. Why turn off the understeer effect? :3

that isn't a glitch i supposed. Because on pc player are able to save their FFB and controller preset. No way to save it in ps4 version YET. Why turn off the understeer effect? :3
I played around with mine quite a bit and ended up back at the default more or less.

I have no idea why the understeer effect is off by default, as by switching it off you loose something that happens in reality and it makes driving the road cars more difficult. It should also be scaled.

From the PC version (haven't had a chance to try my PS4 copy yet)

• I like kerbs on 20-30% just for a little more emphasis
  • I don't see any need for road/slip to be enabled (turning them off seems to give sufficient road and tyre feel, they are mostly there to amplify these effects on less powerful wheels)
  • Understeer effect is also just there to emphasize the lightening of the wheel when the front tyres lose grip. On a wheel as easily moving as a T300 it's totally unnecessary in my opinion. On the T500 it might be worth setting and testing
  • Gain on PC is a combination of three things: drivers gain, FFB gain and per car gain. I currently run 75/65/80 on most cars with my T300 and the clipping meter tells me that I am good....
  • So if that gain had to be a single value it would end up at 40% overall gain (although a few cars would probably be better with 50%)

If you think 40% sounds low, remember that it's a single value which is supposed to support all kinds of wheels with differing capabilities. Just set it so that there's no clipping and forget about it afterwards.

From the PC version (haven't had a chance to try my PS4 copy yet)

• I like kerbs on 20-30% just for a little more emphasis
  • I don't see any need for road/slip to be enabled (turning them off seems to give sufficient road and tyre feel, they are mostly there to amplify these effects on less powerful wheels)
  • Understeer effect is also just there to emphasize the lightening of the wheel when the front tyres lose grip. On a wheel as easily moving as a T300 it's totally unnecessary in my opinion. On the T500 it might be worth setting and testing
  • Gain on PC is a combination of three things: drivers gain, FFB gain and per car gain. I currently run 75/65/80 on most cars with my T300 and the clipping meter tells me that I am good....
  • So if that gain had to be a single value it would end up at 40% overall gain (although a few cars would probably be better with 50%)

If you think 40% sounds low, remember that it's a single value which is supposed to support all kinds of wheels with differing capabilities. Just set it so that there's no clipping and forget about it afterwards.

I wont think that 40% sounds low. My aim is to avoid clipping, lil bit of clipping is ok . Its a shame that PS4 version doesnt had the FFBclip app/ Pedals App to check whether the FFB is clipping and fine tuning from there.

Some useful info in the vid about wheel setting(pc but the basics seem the same on ps4)

Think I settled on these setting for now
off
off

Would try it later. What wheel is it for ?

I played around with mine quite a bit and ended up back at the default more or less.

I have no idea why the understeer effect is off by default, as by switching it off you loose something that happens in reality and it makes driving the road cars more difficult. It should also be scaled.

I would hope they patched preset value for all the wheel supported like what Pcars had done. Its save many souls and those who are new to AC. My friend even regard AC as broken because the default value made his T500rs clip like heel thus said to me this game is broken.

I wont think that 40% sounds low. My aim is to avoid clipping, lil bit of clipping is ok . Its a shame that PS4 version doesnt had the FFBclip app/ Pedals App to check whether the FFB is clipping and fine tuning from there.

Would try it later. What wheel is it for ?

I would hope they patched preset value for all the wheel supported like what Pcars had done. Its save many souls and those who are new to AC. My friend even regard AC as broken because the default value made his T500rs clip like heel thus said to me this game is broken.
PCARS is a bad example: the default Thrustmaster setting on there was great with the FFB about 2 months before launch, but with the various FFB changes since then it's horrible now.

pCARS feels like a completely different game on my T300 or T500 after changing the FFB settings to something more effective

I wonder why they set the main default FFB right up at 100 for people new to the game, quite a strange decision that one. I have now brought it down to a more reasonable 60%! I still like to have the wheel quite strong and a wrestle challenge but 100 was too much :P

Can anyone share the original default values, please?

I've been messing around and, although I like my settings as they are, I can't remember how they were set originally.

A "reset to default" option is missing, in my opinion.

Can anyone share the original default values, please?

I've been messing around and, although I like my settings as they are, I can't remember how they were set originally.

A "reset to default" option is missing, in my opinion.
Apparently switching to controller and then back to wheel will reset to defaults

Apparently switching to controller and then back to wheel will reset to defaults

I would hope KS faster patch the game with the ability to save the few controller setting and preset such as in the PC. It makes so much difference.

So if you were to turn the understeer option ON, would that make you faster?

Jerome

The fact that this thread is generating so little noise and passion is a credit to Kunos. Everyone seems to be broadly happy about the number of sliders and switches and finding the right settings for one self is just easy...

The game may be lacking in several areas, I still find it so refreshing!

I had my FFB working well until for some reason all the cars began feeling far too heavy, even the ones that felt perfect before. What's happening?!

I had my FFB working well until for some reason all the cars began feeling far too heavy, even the ones that felt perfect before. What's happening?!
I've noticed big differences between different cars (for the same settings) - for example, a Toyota GT-86 vs a Lamborghini Gallardo SL. But never between the same car, no.

I'm using a T300RS.

When did this start happening?

Back