Assetto Corsa PS4 T300RS and T500RS FFB settingPS4 

I've noticed big differences between different cars (for the same settings) - for example, a Toyota GT-86 vs a Lamborghini Gallardo SL. But never between the same car, no.

I'm using a T300RS.

When did this start happening?
Yesterday afternoon. I thought this might be the case but then I tried the old Abarth and it was the same lol. So I'm not really sure :irked:

It basically turns the wheel loose when understeer occurs.

I personally think it is a bit exaggerated and have it turned off. Maybe if it had a scale I'd use it, at 10% or so.
I just did a comparison with the effect on and off in an M3 at the Nurburgring. I also think it is a bit exaggerated and plus to me it also takes away the "real" feeling of the actual car under such driving with such effect, especially with me using the Thrustmaster TX wheel using smokebeer's ffb setting that he suggested in this thread, in which in this case also works for me. At this point, I think it's best to leave it off. Other than that, the game's ffb along with the game itself puts me in a feeling of Deja Vu all the way back to my Gran Turismo 5 and 6 days (I now only have an Xbox One along with Forza and other racing games to play at this point)!

I just got T300RS and on PC it is flawless with Assetto Corsa. On PS4, when using Logitech G27 pedal set, my throttle is on the left and my clutch pedal is on the right. Brake stays in the middle. What in the hell is going on? :odd:

FFB settings Explained

Watch the video form the link for an explanation of each setting straight from the horses mouth.
Interesting thing in that video is that the Understeer effect that we were discussing above is actually variable in the version they're showing (from 0 to 100, I'm guessing), not just ON/OFF.

cTjnpvtl.png

This would make it more interesting, in my opinion.

Having said that, I'm very happy with the FFB in this game and it's a blessing that the options are so simple.

Does the "Understeer Effect" give off more realism or is it just some sort of canned ffb effect?
The effect it replicates is very real, its caused by the torque generated between the tyre and road surface being suddenly removed as the limit of grip is reached by the front of the car.

It reality it is very abrupt and the steering does go very light, as such I run with it on. However I do agree that this should be selectable as a 0 - 100 value rather than just on/off.

You can flip them. I think you hold down the mode button. Green is one way red is the other.

Thanks spitfire, I'll try "flipping" them this evening when I get home. However, I thought the green light had to be on T300Rs to use it in PS4 mode.

Are you talking about a toggle once the wheel is in PS4 mode? Or does the light have to remain red (PS3 mode) in order for my throttle to be back on the right side and my clutch on the left?

Thanks spitfire, I'll try "flipping" them this evening when I get home. However, I thought the green light had to be on T300Rs to use it in PS4 mode.

Are you talking about a toggle once the wheel is in PS4 mode? Or does the light have to remain red (PS3 mode) in order for my throttle to be back on the right side and my clutch on the left?

I replied on the news page but I'll repost here. Nothing to do with PS3 mode:

The pedal thing is nothing to do with Kunos

Hold the “Mode” button on your steering wheel for a 5-10 seconds until the light flashes. Release it and your throttle and clutch pedals are switched around.

This feature is made so you can turn the Thrustmaster pedals upside down into hanging GT mode or standing Formula mode.

Green is one way red is the other

I replied on the news page

Scheer, I just saw your reply on the news page. I thanked you there and will also thank you here.
I asked if that information was somewhere in the TS300 user manual. If it is, then I'm a dunce for complaining before doing due diligence. Either way thank you very much for helping me. :cheers:

I was just depressing the mode button one time and the light was changing from green to red which I knew was no good.
Holding it down and waiting for it to flash did not occur to me.

I had to add that the McLaren interior for the 659S is actually wrong. The demo run made by GT planet shows a 650S with a MP4/12C interior. 👍

The green light is for 'flipped mode', as you would need if you had the T3PA Pro pedals and inverted them. At all other times the light should be red, regardless of which console. Mine's red at the mo as my pedals are in the standard 'F1' position.

The green light is for 'flipped mode', as you would need if you had the T3PA Pro pedals and inverted them. At all other times the light should be red, regardless of which console. Mine's red at the mo as my pedals are in the standard 'F1' position.

Is this any good to you @Football67611

Thank you bleeder and Zakspeed.

I understand now. Sorry for being such a duffus. My pedals are working properly now.

Last edited:
I have a T300 and after a couple laps with most cars, the force feedback gets much weaker, anyone else have this happen?

I have a T300 and after a couple laps with most cars, the force feedback gets much weaker, anyone else have this happen?
That would be the safe mode of the wheel. When it gets too hot it turns itself down.

Make sure your Firmware is up to date first of all. The latest has an option to turn the fan on and keep it on.

Second try racing with the FFB at 30% and drive a mid range car like the group A touring cars for multiple laps and see if your wheel FFB still fades after a few laps.

I put ff down to 30% and still stiff. No feeling whatsoever of losing back end. Thinking of leaving it until it's patched.
Fairly sure this is a glitch, I had it too.
When I first booted up the game, I used @Zakspeed_TV 's FFB from the vid and it felt great.... finished and loaded it up again to find all the cars felt heavy and stiff, even the cars that felt great before. I've had to dramatically lower the settings to make it any better..... Not sure what's happening!

I tried the zakspeed and they felt very heavy, so went back to my own. Something is not right as I can run 30,s ff now without it being heavy.

I tried the zakspeed and they felt very heavy, so went back to my own. Something is not right as I can run 30,s ff now without it being heavy.
He likes a heavy wheel, or at least his pCARS FFB always felt too heavy for me, but to each his own. That's another reason why car setups are so user-specific. Can totally depend on what FFB you run.

Messing with the FFB settings I love how simple yet effective they are!

For me on the T300 - PS4

FFB = 30-35% depending on car
Curb = 0%
Road = 0%
Slip = 0%
Understeer = off

Edit-3 - watched video and played a little more.
From my understanding Curb, Road, Slip and Understeer are taking existing effects and amplifying them. So leaving them at 0% does not mean they are gone, they are just not boosted.
There is a video where a dev explains it.
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/375343/This is how Force Feedback works in Assetto Corsa on PS4/

Last edited:
I've almost the same setup on T300
FFB : 35 %
Curb : 20%
Road : 20%
Slip : 10%
Understeer = On

I think I could get less curb and road but this not to intrusive and the FFB and it feel good
I enjoyed the oversteer effect on all cars, this seems quite informative when you lose grip, but the real question is this like this IRL ? off the wheel is too heavy IMO, with this is maybe too exaggerated....

But I don't know what you guys are thinking, but with theses setting this is quite the same feeling than in Project cars on default FFB with FFB at 35% (except oversteer effect)

What settings are T500rs users using?

Not sure if it's my wheel, but I'm having to run the FFB as low as 12-15%, otherwise my T500rs just feels to heavy, but only when trying to oversteer and catch the back end! The problem this then causes is lack of general FFB. I'm having to run high road FFB to feel anything. I run with no assists if possible and slip at 20%.

What settings are T500rs users using?

Not sure if it's my wheel, but I'm having to run the FFB as low as 12-15%, otherwise my T500rs just feels to heavy, but only when trying to oversteer and catch the back end! The problem this then causes is lack of general FFB. I'm having to run high road FFB to feel anything. I run with no assists if possible and slip at 20%.
I would say this is a generic issue with the T500 (e.g. Drifting in GT6 is similar). If you reduce gain so that counter steer is relatively easy then other forces become squishy and ill defined.

My conclusion: The T500 is for manning up and working hard. It certainly encourages you to be smooth to keep control. And that spin speed makes catching the wheel difficult, so it also encourages you to work on your throttle control for drifting: you can't just solve bad throttle control by manhandling the wheel, since it bites back :)

Saying that, I've only tried AC on my T500 on the PC. Not sure yet what setting would be appropriate for AC on console.

skazz - I also have AC on my PC. Try and compare the two. I find it's heavy on the PS4 but not on the PC.

I've posted on another forum so I'll cut and paste my findings (and I've tweaked my setttings too)..........
(please correct me if I'm wrong).

I found my T500RS on PS4 very heavy with a lot of resistance, and lowering it to 20FFB makes it a lot better, but I found it's still too heavy if you drive with traction control 'off' and therefore have to oversteer your slides, then 10>15 FFB is better depending on your car, but then you lose some of the feedback feel of tyres slipping, road feel, etc.

I also have the PC version, (poor GPU so PS4 graphics are better for me), and I compared the 2 versions. What I think is going on is the T500 drivers on the PS4 are set up poorly. With PC we have an overall gain FFB strength in the control panel, and it's often recommended for most games, including AC, to use 60%, then set other FFB 'in game'. But The PS4 setting is a lot stronger, with far more resistance for all games (I also have dirt rally, pcars, f1 2016 on both PC and PS4). For me to get the same strength on PC I have to run that overall gain over 100% (possibly 150%). But that's not all. On PC we tend to run with no spring and no damper settings (even though you can run up to 100% on both). If I select both of these as 100% on PC then, and only then, do I get the same sort of heavy feeling that the PS4 version gets. So in summary, I think it could be a Thrustmaster driver issue and they need to have the spring and damper 'off' as default, so the wheel isn't feeling heavy. My brother has a T300 and I can tell you that he doesn't get the heavy resistance when trying to catch slides.

For info I run FFB (low main FFB strength but more roadfeel to compensate for the lower FFB ) as:
ffb 12%
curb 10%
road 70%
slip 20%
understeer off (currently experimenting with on)

Tested on road cars, race cars and my favourite Ferrari 458 GT2.

Oh and I also have the latest firmware, - version 43 Package 2016_TTRS_1

Back