Assetto Corsa PS4 T300RS and T500RS FFB settingPS4 

I'm currently using FFB 35 10 10 10 OFF, on my T300RS.

I tried FFB 35 0 0 0 OFF for a while, but noticed that some curbs weren't producing any feedback, so decided to up that value (and the others) to 10, so I don't miss anything.

Feels particularly good and I think I'm done messing around.
Those curbs are probably painted not sawtooth, hence no rumble.

Saying that, I'm a sucker too and use some curb setting as well :)

Those curbs are probably painted not sawtooth, hence no rumble.
I thought that would be the case too, but no. Some of them clearly had texture (audible as well). :)

I did the tests around Nürburgring GP and at some other track, which I can't remember.

I'm stick with FFB 35 20 20 10 OFF on T300 RS
I've tested with all on 0 except FFB, and it's a bit too "flat" for my taste

I made the biggest mistake when I first played it. Since the CSR has to be in PS3 mode to use with GIMX, it brings the PS3 mode only on-wheel settings into play. I have three presets saved on the wheel, one with 360 rotation for F1 games, one with 720 for rally games, and one with it set off so the game decides the rotation, for games like Pcars, and now AC. Well, since Pcars supports the CSR natively, which is in PC mode, the PS3 mode specific options don't do anything in that game, so I never touched them.

After playing about an hour of AC, and messing about with the FFB menu trying to find a good setup, I looked on the on-board settings, for no real reason, just messing about with them. I wondered how strong the PS3 mode's centre spring was, having not used it before, so I turned it up to max, just for a laugh. It made the wheel quite heavy, and clipped literally everything out lol, so I went in to turn it back to 0. The problem was, as I clicked down a bunch of times, it went beyond 0 into the minuses. It then dawned on me, that silly old Fanatec for no bloody reason made 0 the mid point on both the centre spring and the dampening setting for PS3 mode.
IIRC they both go to -4 and then off, so 0 is essentially 50% centre spring and dampening. I had never touched the setting, as it does nothing in PC mode, which is what all the old PS4 games used. But with F1 2016 and AC, I have to use PS3 mode with GIMX, and that brings those settings online. With it turned off, the game came alive in a big way, and now I understand why everyone raves about the FFB in AC.

Can't wait to play F1 2016 again either, because I've been playing that for ages now with those settings both at 0 lol. I just expected the FFB in the F1 game to not be fantastic anyway, so I didn't think anything of it. But with AC being so heavily praised for it's FFB, I knew something wasn't quite right. So glad I looked into it, because it should dramatically improve F1 for me now too lol.

So guys, my T500 arrived today and it's okay in Pcars, but on AC, the wheels shakes heavily on straights, even on low speeds.

The game sees my wheel as a G29, is that right?
I also have a TH8A, the first ones, with usb only, and it doesn't work. I'm with a F1 add on(other wheel yet to come).
Any suggestions? It's supposed to be recognized as a G29 or something's wrong?

PS: In Pcars, the game sees it as a T500.

So guys, my T500 arrived today and it's okay in Pcars, but on AC, the wheels shakes heavily on straights, even on low speeds.

The game sees my wheel as a G29, is that right?
I also have a TH8A, the first ones, with usb only, and it doesn't work. I'm with a F1 add on(other wheel yet to come).
Any suggestions? It's supposed to be recognized as a G29 or something's wrong?

PS: In Pcars, the game sees it as a T500.
Go into controller settings, click on the T500 preset (Top left scroll to find it) and select it. Then using the right part of the screen and the various tabs there, check each axis is mapped correctly or map it yourself, finally create a new profile by saving this one with a file name bottom right.

I suspect the oscillation is because the default G29 profile has minimum force up high (maybe >10%). Make sure it's set to 3-5% for the T500. Any more is going to cause it to overdrive low forces and start oscillating.

The TH8RS needs separate drivers from the T500. Download and install the driver package from the Thrustmaster support site, and make sure it's listed in game controllers interface as a separate device from the wheel. Then go into AC controller settings, and you should see two devices shown bottom left of the screen, test all axes and buttons there. Then go to your wheel profile page for mapping buttons and map sequential or H pattern buttons as needed.

NB: once you enable H pattern shifter in your profile, the game will make you drive all appropriate cars with H pattern and clutch. Cars with sequential will still use paddles.

Last edited:
Go into controller settings, click on the T500 preset (Top left scroll to find it) and select it. Then using the right part of the screen and the various tabs there, check each axis is mapped correctly or map it yourself, finally create a new profile by saving this one with a file name bottom right.

I suspect the oscillation is because the default G29 profile has minimum force up high (maybe >10%). Make sure it's set to 3-5% for the T500. Any more is going to cause it to overdrive low forces and start oscillating.

The TH8RS needs separate drivers from the T500. Download and install the driver package from the Thrustmaster support site, and make sure it's listed in game controllers interface as a separate device from the wheel. Then go into AC controller settings, and you should see two devices shown bottom left of the screen, test all axes and buttons there. Then go to your wheel profile page for mapping buttons and map sequential or H pattern buttons as needed.

NB: once you enable H pattern shifter in your profile, the game will make you drive all appropriate cars with H pattern and clutch. Cars with sequential will still use paddles.

There's only G29, 1 and 2 presets...

Skazz - it sounds as if Cocomoto has a PS4, as per the thread title, aren't you explaining the PC version? PS4 users are far more limited in the settings compared to the PC users. (I have AC for both PS4 and PC).

I'm currently using FFB 15 20 10 0 OFF, on my T500RS on PS4. I've spent more time testing my FFB than driving when I first got AC.

This is what suits 'my' T500 wheel. And 'my' wheel feels very heavy on FFB above 20, especially when trying to oversteer and catch slides. I like a light set up where I can feel those little movements of FFB, so using 15 feels about right for mine. (I've even dropped it to as low as 12 when using some cars). Maybe my wheel is old and the belt is very warn, I'm not sure, but other T500 users may find using a higher FFB setting than my 15 (say 25-30) is ok with their version of the T500.

Just my thoughts.

The T500 is a lot more powerful than the T300, so I would expect T300 users to have higher FFB too. (I also use my brothers T300 on PS4 from time to time so I've seen this first hand).

I also use a far lighter initial FFB setting than other users quote on other games such as Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, F1 2016 and Project Cars. So yeah it might be just 'my' version of the T500.

Skazz - it sounds as if Cocomoto has a PS4, as per the thread title, aren't you explaining the PC version? PS4 users are far more limited in the settings compared to the PC users. (I have AC for both PS4 and PC).

I'm currently using FFB 15 20 10 0 OFF, on my T500RS on PS4. I've spent more time testing my FFB than driving when I first got AC.

This is what suits 'my' T500 wheel. And 'my' wheel feels very heavy on FFB above 20, especially when trying to oversteer and catch slides. I like a light set up where I can feel those little movements of FFB, so using 15 feels about right for mine. (I've even dropped it to as low as 12 when using some cars). Maybe my wheel is old and the belt is very warn, I'm not sure, but other T500 users may find using a higher FFB setting than my 15 (say 25-30) is ok with their version of the T500.

Just my thoughts.

The T500 is a lot more powerful than the T300, so I would expect T300 users to have higher FFB too. (I also use my brothers T300 on PS4 from time to time so I've seen this first hand).

I also use a far lighter initial FFB setting than other users quote on other games such as Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, F1 2016 and Project Cars. So yeah it might be just 'my' version of the T500.
Almost the same here also ps4 and t500

I'm playing with a T500 on PS4 and using
Sometimes the wheel feels too heavy on low speeds.

But the FFB on AC is amazing, Pcars have more cars/tracks but, i'm in love with the handling on AC.

I'm playing with a T500 on PS4 and using
Sometimes the wheel feels too heavy on low speeds.

But the FFB on AC is amazing, Pcars have more cars/tracks but, i'm in love with the handling on AC.

I use the T300 and for FBB I use above settings *2 --> 40, 30, 30, 0 which is about the same effect as with the T500

Back