Assetto Corsa Video Thread

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 6,674 comments

I love watching your videos @Zakspeed_TV - you're driving is so freakin' smooth...and you hit every since inch of the track that you're supposed to. To an amateur, I don't think Laguna Seca would look very challenging, maybe the corkscrew, but that's only because it looks so wild and crazy! Unfortunately, I struggle with this track quite a bit.

The opening hairpin turn is actually Turn #2 and it's not bad - Turn #1 being the high speed kink just before it. Well, Turn #3 gives me such horrible fits, I could put my fist through my screen if it weren't 8 feet away!! :lol: Even Turn #4 can often get me off line. I swear, it seems like if I run 20 laps 10 of them I'll bungle #3 and on five of the laps I don't, I bungle #4 instead. :grumpy:

It was surprising to see you stay in 3rd gear from your approach all the way thru to the exit of Turn #8/8A (corkscrew). I've been finding myself going down to 2nd gear for the engine braking, but putting it right back into 3rd gear just as I've turned in at the top. I wonder if I'm giving the car balance fits going into 2nd gear. Turn #10 produces the most G's of any turn at Laguna Seca and feels fantastic when taken perfectly...I tend to go wide here, often into the sand which doesn't help my lap time much. :lol:

EDIT: Hey, what's the name of the second track in your opening video? I can't figure out where that is..

Assetto Corsa | Mods | 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 @ Putnam Park

Assetto Corsa | Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray @ Nürburgring Nordschleife

Assetto Corsa | Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray @ Nürburgring Nordschleife

Nice videos. 👍 Is there anyone that likes the Corvette Stingray sound? I think it's one of the worst in the sim. When you get to 4th gear, if you back off on the throttle at all and the revs dip a little it sounds like someone is blowing bubbles in a glass of water...ugh I hate it. :grumpy: I actually avoid the car because of the sounds. Does anyone know if there is a Stingray sound mod? :boggled:

Wanted to try out the Halo Mod for the SF70H and ended up getting into a hot lap hole at Spa. Time was a 1.42.534 - would have beat out LH for pole during last years GP by .019. One of my faster laps around Spa (thumb has a blister from KERS haha) Setups included if anyone wants to give it a go.

It comes as no surprise that A3DR made that car model with Aphidgod doing the physics. Silvio paid for the model which is why he's trying to recoup his investment, I guess. The Mustang Boss that A3DR & Aphidgod did was also a contract job, but the dude who hired them said "Make it public. I just want a Mustang Boss 302 in AC." :) That one worked out very well for all of us. While I'm not a huge fan of Mustangs, I love driving that car. There's just enough roll, plenty of speed & grip. It can be hustled around quite easily.

Very good mod and exciting race. But my tyres temp always falling down so i loose grip every lap. Anyway i reccomend this mod to formula fans.

Very good mod and exciting race. But my tyres temp always falling down so i loose grip every lap. Anyway i reccomend this mod to formula fans.

If you drop one or two PSI, maybe the tires will hold some more temperature??

I will say that I am under the opinion that this is a flaw of Assetto Corsa. I think more work needs to be done on the thermal properties of tires, especially the rate at which heat dissipates from the tires and the rate at which heat permeates throughout the tires I/M/O & Core Temps. I don't have the first clue on how to fix it...I'm sure they're using the correct math formulas, however, the evidence I've seen in many videos and in my own driving lead me to believe something isn't right. <--- Yes, I know Stefano would throw a vehicle dynamics book at me for saying that. :D

I love watching your videos @Zakspeed_TV - you're driving is so freakin' smooth...and you hit every since inch of the track that you're supposed to. To an amateur, I don't think Laguna Seca would look very challenging, maybe the corkscrew, but that's only because it looks so wild and crazy! Unfortunately, I struggle with this track quite a bit.

The opening hairpin turn is actually Turn #2 and it's not bad - Turn #1 being the high speed kink just before it. Well, Turn #3 gives me such horrible fits, I could put my fist through my screen if it weren't 8 feet away!! :lol: Even Turn #4 can often get me off line. I swear, it seems like if I run 20 laps 10 of them I'll bungle #3 and on five of the laps I don't, I bungle #4 instead. :grumpy:

It was surprising to see you stay in 3rd gear from your approach all the way thru to the exit of Turn #8/8A (corkscrew). I've been finding myself going down to 2nd gear for the engine braking, but putting it right back into 3rd gear just as I've turned in at the top. I wonder if I'm giving the car balance fits going into 2nd gear. Turn #10 produces the most G's of any turn at Laguna Seca and feels fantastic when taken perfectly...I tend to go wide here, often into the sand which doesn't help my lap time much. :lol:

EDIT: Hey, what's the name of the second track in your opening video? I can't figure out where that is..

Cheers 👍

The track on the intro is a small UK track called Three sisters race circuit, fun little track 👍

New Watkins Glen out today by LilSki

Aww nice save on Lap 1 coming out of the bus stop chicane. :D Damn, that red Ferrari can fly!

There's always gotta be that one guy who isn't a good driver, but thinks he's Mario Andretti. You can tell who the terrible racers are - they're the ones who will never give a position up. They'd rather you slam into them then give up their place. And they're the ones who bounce off every car on the track, but if they get tapped they rage and do everything in their power to crash you. Such losers.

Too much time has passed (unfortunately) since I last played some AC (and driving games in general).
Here's some informal driving with the 570S. Very fun car: edgy, but controllable.

From 12th to 8th to... last.

Nice, fair race, though. It shows (again) how good it can be to drive against the "new" AI in Assetto Corsa.

Back