Aston Martin DBX

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT

aston-martin-dbx-prototype-1.jpg

It's officially coming now I guess.

Here were the old concept photos from 2015.

2015-aston-martin-dbx-concept.jpg

There's a lot of camouflage in that, I'll wait until one arrives at work or I get sent to the Wales factory before I decide whether I like it or not.

I don't have high hopes though.

Wow, that video was impressive. That right there is how you sell a sports SUV.

It's proportions do look terrible. It's more of a high wagon than an SUV, also looks like some sort of Lamborghini knock-off.

I inadvertently took my Astra coupe down a rock trail, which ended at a farm and then had to hastily turn around and take it again. That mud track the DBX is on is hardly selling its off road ability.

VXR
I inadvertently took my Astra coupe down a rock trail, which ended at a farm and then had to hastily turn around and take it again. That mud track the DBX is on is hardly selling its off road ability.

There are school car parks more rutted than the road in that video!

Not going to lie when I say I am not a huge fan of SUV crossover's, especially it seems the British ones since I don't like
the Bentley, Rolls-Royce and now the Aston Martin effort.

Why is every performance car manufacturer trying to tap into the SUV market? It's getting very stale if you ask me.
Simply put: Money. If there's demand, they'll build it. Of course there won't be many happy faces amongst the masses of comments on forums, news blogs and videos about it, but the people buying these sorts of cars will happily look forward to it - also, as the prices increase the intersection of the two groups diminishes.

The taillights need a bit of work, other than that it looks pretty cool. Hope it comes to Horizon soon.

I actually like the 2015 concept more. It fits the Aston Martin design scheme better, and it shows that they were willing to do it (crossover vehicles) their own way, which I would've respected.

That back end is ugly as hell but i like the look of the front.

I actually like the 2015 concept more. It fits the Aston Martin design scheme better, and it shows that they were willing to do it (crossover vehicles) their own way, which I would've respected.

The concept looks like a DBS on steroids it still has that familiar look only bigger.I think that's one of the reasons they scrapped that design.

The taillights need a bit of work, other than that it looks pretty cool. Hope it comes to Horizon soon.

Those taillights are placeholder ones just so the car can be tested on the roads, I'm pretty sure it will have Aston's signature swooping ones when it's finished.

Something that was to be expected given the demand from places like China, Russia and the UAE. I'm expecting the standard 5.2TT and 4.0TT engines as well as a new PHEV drivetrain when production begins at their new Wales plant.

Will be interesting to see how it compares to the likes of the Lambo Uranus and Bentley Bentayga.

Why is every performance car manufacturer trying to tap into the SUV market? It's getting very stale if you ask me.
While I think some are cool (Urus, track hawk, model X), some are completely unnecessary ( levante, stelvia quadrifoglio, the aging BMW X5,6, even Porsche macan, and now this Aston). Then there's talks that Ferrari is working on one, like come on man lol. It's getting over the top, I agree with it being stale now.

The concept looks like a DBS on steroids it still has that familiar look only bigger.I think that's one of the reasons they scrapped that design.

If that's the reason, then it defeats the purpose. If it's for a completely different market, then why not show that it is an Aston Martin instead of what seems like a borderline rebadging, as The Chosen One pointed out above? That concept reminds me of the Spyker Peking-to-Paris concept in terms of a design approach, and it looks ambitious.

*continues to reserve judgement until an example is shown sans camouflage*

So long as it sounds like a proper Aston when you put the loud pedal down, that'll be enough for me.

Back