(ATCC) Australian Touring Car Championship S2 | NW48 & lxmmy Are Your Driver's Champions!!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 779 comments

What Time/Day Would You Like To See This Run?

• Friday 19:00 GMT+10 // 09:00 GMT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday 20:00 GMT+10 // 10:00 GMT

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Friday 21:50 GMT+10 // 11:50 GMT

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Friday 22:45 GMT+10 // 12:45 GMT

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Saturday 22:00 GMT+10 // 12:00 GMT

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Saturday 12:00 GMT+10 // 02:00 GMT

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Saturday 19:00 GMT+10 // 09:00 GMT

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Saturday 20:00 GMT+10 // 10:00 GMT

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Saturday 21:50 GMT+10 // 11:50 GMT

• Friday 16:00 GMT+10 // 06:00 GMT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sunday 10:30 GMT+10 // 12:30 GMT

• Total voters
Rainbow Road Racing announces its arrival in ATCC!!!

A brand new team named; Rainbow Road Racing has announced its participation in the ATCC. They have currently signed @RESHIRAM5 as their driver while leaving a 2nd Spot open just incase.

Their first race appearance will be in the Pre-Season test, where RESHIRAM5 will make his Series return after a quick retirement last season. Their behicles has been confirmed to be the Subaru and they will run Bridgestone tyres.

However, their livery will still be a mystery, they have announced that the Livery will be fully revealed in a later date and instead their car will be fully dressed in Black for this Pre-Season. RESHIRAM5 has confirmed however that the #25 still stands.

Room is up and running in the Club Lobby! :)👍

I also will be running my Jules Bianchi Tribute livery along with the #17.

That was a nice (though short due to dc) event :).

I was mainly trying new things since I haven't picked up GT6 in awhile.

I'll get up to there someday, just the matter of when ;)

Today's test session was quite a disaster, couldn't of gone any worse. I'm debating whether I should bother to continue because clearly me and my PS3 aren't good enough... I'll have to think about it because I obviously don't want a repeat of today. :/

Either way great driving by everybody else it was a great sight to see such fast and clean racers 👍

Today's test session was quite a disaster, couldn't of gone any worse. I'm debating whether I should bother to continue because clearly me and my PS3 aren't good enough... I'll have to think about it because I obviously don't want a repeat of today. :/

Either way great driving by everybody else it was a great sight to see such fast and clean racers 👍
What happened with your PS3?

Great test session today, looking forward to the season opener. :)
Most definitely!

I surprised myself with my pace. I was faster than last season. A 1.39.75 is definitely quick, a lot quicker than my best last year of a 1.40.1

That was a nice (though short due to dc) event :).

I was mainly trying new things since I haven't picked up GT6 in awhile.

I'll get up to there someday, just the matter of when ;)
Don't you worry, you'll improve in leaps in bounds an this series. I can only speak for myself, but I improved by an average of 2 seconds on all tracks after this series. And I'm still improving now. You'll get there, so don't worry too much. :)👍

If you need help, just ask. We're here to help each other improve. :)

You looked quite on it. Plus, lxmmy has had quite a bit of time behind the wheel last season and during BoP, so he's used to the cars.

It's just one test, and one track. Tokyo is quite the handful. Really hard track to get these around. Don't be too hard on yourself. The dude who came near last in Tokyo last season just happened to win the overall championship that season. ;) :)👍

What happened with your PS3?

It's been an ongoing issue for quite a long time now but it just has some major loading issues which affect some tracks more than others for example I can only do one lap of Silverstone before everything vanishes while today it wasn't too bad but by surprise the track would disappear.

Corvette Racing Signs Star Driver for the Upcoming Season

It can be argued that Corvette had one of the best lineups heading into the second season of ATCC with the confirmation of Russian Roulette Racing's @NW48 and @Timlour. They were also able to sign @FutureF1, who showed promise in preseason of season 1, to race for the factory Corvette team.

Now, the factory Corvette Racing Australia team is fielding their second driver for the ATCC: 2015 GTPlanet LMP2 Driver World Champion, @rcb929!

"@rcb929 is the perfect choice to join us for this years ATCC" said the Team Manager of Corvette Racing, "He's extremely talented and, with over 100 race starts in his career, is very experienced. I reckon we've got a great team of young drivers to take on the Group A challenge and bring home the Team Championship."

When asked about his thoughts on his new teammate, @FutureF1 said "@rcb929 is a damn quick driver and is a great guy off the track. I've worked with him for almost a year now in other forms of motorsport and I'm glad he'll be joining me in the ATCC. I hope we have what it takes to take home the Team championship and hopefully one of us will be walking home with the Drivers Trophy."​

I'm interested in this!

rcb929 / rcb929 / #12 / Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 / N/A / Bridgestone / EDT ( UTC -4)
Great to have you aboard! :)👍

I've now got a massive fight on my hands to retain the title! :lol: This is gonna be good! :)👍

Last edited:
ATCC Announcement

Tokyo will play host to the first Toyota 86GT Support Series race! The series, which uses the Toyota 86 'Racing' model, will take to the track after the main game concludes in Tokyo for a single 12 Lap race. The cars can be tuned, but must remain at the stock BHP of 198 and the stock weight.

The date for the first round has also been set for this Saturday at 20:00 GMT+10.

A wrap up of the Media Day *should* be posted within a few days.

Also, a points system and drop round system are looking set to be announced in the coming days, once they are refined.

And finally, if you are fielding a Team or are going as an Independent, I will need the names of them by an hour before the race.

@NW48 can you tag me in the important things please? I'm not getting my alerts through email, and having been on here as much lately. I'm only going be on here when I receive an important alert through email.

Sorry guys for not having a Media Day wrap-up done. I've just been pressed for time due to relatives being at home, school assignments and cross-country.

That's all just about done now, so I will release a Driver's Briefing tonight providing the massive headache I have right now goes away, along with the Points System and the Success Penalty system. :)👍

Thanks everyone for remaining patient. :)

@Wavey2014

ATCC Announcement

Points System

GROUP A & GROUP B
DOUBLE SPRINT - NORMAL POINTS SYSTEM:

1. 16 Points
  2. 12 Points
  3. 10 Points
  4. 8 Points
  5. 6 Points
  6. 4 Points
  7. 2 Points
  8. 1 Point
TRIPLE SPRINT:
  1. 8 points
  2. 6 Points
  3. 5 Points
  4. 4 Points
  5. 3 Points
  6. 2 Points
  7. 1 Point
  8. 0.5 Points
ENDURANCE:
  1. 32 Points
  2. 24 Points
  3. 20 Points
  4. 16 Points
  5. 12 Points
  6. 8 Points
  7. 4 Points
  8. 2 Points

Success Penalty
To keep the championship as close and open as possible, the top 5 drivers will receive a weight penalty. Each car will have a weight reduction based on where they came in the previous race.

1st - 12kg
2nd - 10kg
3rd - 7kg
4th - 5kg
5th - 3kg

Penalties will he called out for each driver before the race to ensure evertone is running the right weight.

---

Driver's Briefing will be up within the hour​

Last edited:
@FutureF1, @Timlour, @Thomas2012, @lxmmy, @Johnny Rodger, @LITTLEBLACKO, @Pubs16, @GremlinWon, @Jordiehamz, @RESHIRAM5, @Mikey24, @Thomas__633, @twodogsgolden, @rcb929, @Wavey2014

ATCC Driver's Briefing | Round 1 | Tokyo R246

unnamed.gif

unnamed (58).jpg

unnamed (33).jpg

For the second season in a row, Tokyo will welcome the ATCC for the first Championship round of the season. Tokyo, home to 13.35 million people, is known for many things, from the Tokyo Skytree to the iconic Senso-ji, but for one weekend, the spotlight will be firmly focussed on the legendary R246 route where the grunt of the ATCC is set to do battle on one of the hardest tracks to race on. There will be plenty of paint traded across the two classes, and possibly the event of an upset. Last year it was Mustafur in the Mustang taking out overall honours after a grid of 16 was widdled down to just 8 after a race of attrition that saw many pre-race favourites disconnect from the race. Who will kick off Season 2 in the best way possible with a win on the tight and challenging streets of Tokyo?

Estimated Time Schedule
20:00 GMT+10 ~ Room Opens
20:05 GMT+10 ~ Cars Allowed On Track
20:20 GMT+10 ~ All Cars To Pitlane
20:21 GMT+10 ~ Tech Inspection
20:22 GMT+10 ~ Qualifying Commences (10 Minute Session)
20:33 GMT+10 ~ Race 1 Commences (20 Laps // 1 Mandatory Pitstop)
21:00 GMT+10 ~ Race 1 Concludes
21:10 GMT+10 ~ Race 2 Commences (20 Laps // 1 Mandatory Pitstop)
21:40 GMT+10 ~ Race 2 Concludes
21:45 GMT+10 ~ Room Closes

Qualifying
Qualifying will take place within the room in a 10 minute session. This will set the grid for Race 1. The grid for Race 2 will be a Reverse Group Grid, determined by Race 1 Results.

Mass Disconnection
In case of a Mass DC, the race will be red flagged allowing those that DC'ed a chance to rejoin the race at the lap the race was red flagged (-1 lap).

Recovery Time
In case of any disconnect, an allotted 5 minutes of recovery time will start to help give those who disconnected a chance to rejoin before the room starts. After this time ends, the race will start/re-start no matter what.

As stated in the OP, contact of cars is allowed, as long as it is kept to a minimum and doesn't hinder the progress of the opposing car/s. Refer to the "3 Quarter Car Rule" here.

Specs
The Specs were finalized last week, and can be found here. It is also important you ensure you have the right aero options on.

Weather
Weather is N/A for this track, so there will not be a variable for weather.

-

I think that's about it, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)👍

unnamed (59).jpg

Last edited:
Time zones are confusing haha

I can't find a good time converter that changes these times to BST or at least GMT :(
Anyhelp on getting the times to BST I'd appreciate.

Back