ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ SUPER GT500 CHAMPIONSHIPFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 390 comments
image.jpg

Gentlemen,

As we are nearing the end of the ATL's 1st season of GT500 Championship, we will be posting the new 3rd season ATL Championship details by the end of this week,so strap your self in for the next instalment of the ATL season 3 Championship,as it's going to be a very fast one !;)

Cheers Vendal :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Sorry gents, as I said to greasy it got too late. With a 20min qualy and endurance round starting after 11pm nz time was too late for me.

@VENDALISM Another apology, I didn't get your psn message till just now, otherwise I would have said what I did last night to Greasy. Was hoping he would relay it on to you guys if the race was still to go ahead.

Last edited:
Very good point nas....

I found it strange how quickly some people gave up, as it was a hosting problem not the circuit that was causing the frustration. I was very disappointed with Drivers that gave up during the race, as this is not fair on the other drivers who raced till the end of the endurance round.

I had a shocker of a race and still managed to complete 46 laps of the enduro event.

Congratulations to nasanu for a galant driving effort to take out the endurance round and ItzRacng for taking second place.

Well done Lads !!:gtpflag:

@ nasanu can you please post the results as I was unable to save the replay due to the race timer expiring before I could cross the finish line ?

Gotta be honest, I was close to parking the car for a couple laps to go check the fire was still going and then continue in 3rd place and just treat it as a test session, but it quickly turned into a battle of who was going to crash less between @VENDALISM and myself. Made a lot of clumsy errors last night but none of them matched taking my hands off the wheel down Conrod straight on lap 1 to shift my seat into a more comfortable position! I still believe it was a very lucky 2nd place and if no one crashed I would've been well behind the front 2, maybe battling Greasy for the final podium position. In the end though my main focus was just getting laps in. Overall I enjoyed the first outing in the series and look forward to another challenging track next week and most likely some more competition which will make backing up last nights result a very tall order.

Sorry gents, as I said to greasy it got too late. With a 20min qualy and endurance round starting after 11pm nz time was too late for me.

@VENDALISM Another apology, I didn't get your psn message till just now, otherwise I would have said what I did last night to Greasy. Was hoping he would relay it on to you guys if the race was still to go ahead.

Hey Lion - Face,

All good M8, I was quite aware and understand that it was a time constraint for you as your in a different time zone. I was just overall disappointed with the very low turnout of drivers as this enduro round could have been a epic round of the Championship.Any how I now look forward to ATL's upcoming season 3 Championship,that will have a very high interest from a fair few new drivers joining the ATL ,so we will have a full grid or even 2 Divisions in season 3.

Cheers Vendal :cheers:

Gotta be honest, I was close to parking the car for a couple laps to go check the fire was still going and then continue in 3rd place and just treat it as a test session, but it quickly turned into a battle of who was going to crash less between @VENDALISM and myself. Made a lot of clumsy errors last night but none of them matched taking my hands off the wheel down Conrod straight on lap 1 to shift my seat into a more comfortable position! I still believe it was a very lucky 2nd place and if no one crashed I would've been well behind the front 2, maybe battling Greasy for the final podium position. In the end though my main focus was just getting laps in. Overall I enjoyed the first outing in the series and look forward to another challenging track next week and most likely some more competition which will make backing up last nights result a very tall order.

Great effort ItzR it goes to show anything can happen during a race and you don't just give up after a short period just because your not running with the front pack.Look at our own f1 driver Ricciardo who scored his first ever race victory in Canada on Monday morning.During my lead in the race my concentration went very quickly and I hit the wall while daydreaming, and after that is was all down hill for me, as I was racing by my self as nas pulled to a 1+ lap lead ,and I was racing alone and board and was just pushing to beat my PB lap time of 1.49:1... and kept on collecting the walls at the same time.

Looking forward to the next round and I hope we have all the drivers that signed up participate in the next round.

Last edited:
@ nasanu can you please post the results as I was unable to save the replay due to the race timer expiring before I could cross the finish line ?

I'll check my replay tonight. It said it quit on lap 25, but I saved anyway. Hope it will tell me the full results and if so I'll update them.

Australian Tuning League
GT500 Championship Round 7 Bathurst

1. nasanu 35pts
  2. itzracing 30pts
  3. Vendalism 25pts + 5pts (pole)
  4. Greasy07 21pts
  5. gasmantor56 19pts

Championship Standings

1. VENDALISM 189 Points
  2. nasanu 146 Points
  3. Gastrobotic 142 Points
  4. WIDFO 140 Points
  5. Greasy07 139 Points
  6. Heathenpride 114 Points
  7. fullgas62 77 Points
  8. GripHunter 60 Points
  9. Dbn26 53 Points
  10. Come and Get Me77 35 Points
  11. itzracing 30 Points
  12. gasmantor56 19pts
  13. Tooched 17 Points
  14. Brianrage 13 Points
Lap Times

1. Vendalism - 1:54.154
  2. nasanu - 1:55:080
  3. Greasy07 - 1:55.901
  4. itzracing- 1:56.044
  5. gasmantor56 - 2:32.358

Last edited:
ROUND 8 - 16/06/2014. Monday Night 8pm EST

TRACK: Côte d'Azur LAPS: 44

2 Mandatory Pit Stops

Please note: we will be keeping a very close eye on the Nouvelle Chicane (section 10) of the race circuit, as penalties will be imposed for continues cutting of this section of the circuit.

Penalties will range from drivers having their toes chopped off as well as points being deducted.

image.jpg

Last edited:
@VENDALISM, Unfortunately I am out for the season due to accepting an invite to race in the 24hr Le Mans race next month. Given the ridiculously short period of time I have to practice I cannot attend any races.

I really wanted to hit the Nurb with you guys but that's out too I’m afraid :(

Thank you for the races chaps, this heathen will definitely be back 👍

Good luck Heathen....
I hope the race goes well for ya.
Shame you can't finish the season with us.
Cheers,
Gastro
Cheers mate, I will be back for future seasons though :)

Spewing about the Nurb race, I may come out for that if practice schedule for LM24 allows it, was looking forward to that one particularly :sly:

we will be keeping a very close eye on the Nouvelle Chicane (section 10) of the race circuit, as penalties will be imposed for continues cutting of this section of the circuit.

So two wheels over, two wheels on track ok ala F1?

Looking forward to this. Not really sure how the Supra will do here (lacking downforce but has decent traction) but I love this track.

@VENDALISM, Unfortunately I am out for the season due to accepting an invite to race in the 24hr Le Mans race next month. Given the ridiculously short period of time I have to practice I cannot attend any races.

Good luck, look forward to seeing (most likely the back of) you in future races and bring it home in 1st place :gtpflag:

So two wheels over, two wheels on track ok ala F1?

Looking forward to this. Not really sure how the Supra will do here (lacking downforce but has decent traction) but I love this track.

In the other league i race in on tuesday nights we call it the "white line" rule.
You must keep two wheels on the track at all times ( or two wheels inside the white line ), allowing you to use most of the rumble strip as track.

Rulings say that if you cut more than 1 lap in a row you are subjected to a penalty unless you have not given the time back.
In other words, if you cut you must not gain a time advantage and you must give the time back by slowing down after the cut is made.

This rule is easy to abide by.

I like having penalties turned on. Let the code god judge. When they are off I often find myself watching the track map trying to see people cutting behind me, its distracting lol.

Hey HP,

Cheers for the update.Good luck in the endurance race bud and hope we will see you soon. If you do well in the endurance ,you can join our next endurance round at Trail Mountain Reverse :lol: 48hr ...
It's been a pleasure racing with you :gtpflag:

Hey HP,

Cheers for the update.Good luck in the endurance race bud and hope we will see you soon. If you do well in the endurance ,you can join our next endurance round at Trail Mountain Reverse :lol: 48hr ...
It's been a pleasure racing with you :gtpflag:

Oh ol' HP will be back, it's a great league but I just need to focus on this one atm.

I'd love to organise a 2-3hr Nurb race with you guys in future, reckon it'd be a blast :)

Could maybe do races of that length at different tracks as one off events in between seasons ven? Just a thought :)

Great race last night. I got a bad start, gas passed me, ven and greasy were racing off into the distance. Then gas started to get a bit wild, seemed to take himself wide and into the wall allowing me passed back into 3rd. I started to catch up to the lead two when they were fighting, then ven got a lot slower. I closed up the the back of vens HSV but could not pass. Then ven seemed to get a really bad exit from a corner, I got a great exit and ran into his right rear wheel giving us both damage and we both pitted early. Ven got out of the pits ahead again, made a little lead but then seemed to make mistakes again allowing me to pass into 2nd. From there greasy should have had an easy race for 1st but somehow did he his best to lose it.

I could not match greasys pace but I he came out behind me after his first stop, how I don't really know. I had an 8 second lead but my tyres were much older and he closed right up behind me by about lap 30 when I pitted for my second stop. Greasy really should have pitted as soon as he closed up behind me, he would have got the undercut and came out well ahead of me. But to my surprise he stayed out several laps after my stop while I was pushing on fresh tyres. By the time he stopped I had pulled out another 8 second lead. With less than 10 to go I was still in the lead by over 5 seconds. Greasy was catching fast and would have been right on me with 4 or 5 laps to go. But catching is not passing, I had a real chance to take it. Until of course I clipped the left hand wall on entry to the chicane. Stupid mistake to make. Game over, my car spun right into the wall, I had to reverse out and limp back to the pits handing greasy an easy win. ITZ passed me for second while I was still in the pits. I caught him up but then his car leaped back at me again on entry to the chicane, leaving me with even more damage than I just pitted to fix.

But still it was a good race. Greasy, work on your race strategy mate! There is no way I should have been ahead of you at any time. I could have won that even though my best lap was half a second shy of yours and my average pace was even slower.

I could not match greasys pace but I he came out behind me after his first stop, how I don't really know. I had an 8 second lead .

:lol: it was my second stop m8 I hit the wall at the same chicane an need to pit for damage repair on lap 14 an lucky I did otherwise I would of been a lap up on everyone :rolleyes: 🤬 :bowdown: :banghead:

Good drive last night by GREASY 👍 he defiantly had the pace.I saw G and nas having a good battle there for a while.I personally could not get the car setup correctly as I struggled to even reach a lap time of 1 25 6...

Once the green light went I got away to a good start, but after the second lap I wanted to break away as I saw GREASY not too far behind me,so I started to push the car but it just was not responding the way I would have liked it too,and after some time G passed me ,and that was the beginning of the end for me.Congratulation to the Podium drivers and we now have a very close Championship on our hands,with only two more rounds to go.:eek:

See you all on Friday night :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Gents,

We are about to launch ATL's 3rd season Championship details this weekend, but before we do this we would like to give you the opportunity to sign up before we go public as there will only be 16 spots available.

Please note there will be a bit more of a fun factor in this 3rd season as we have disabled FULL DAMAGE and incorporated some new regulations.

Full details will be posted on ATL's season 3 GTPLANET thread this weekend.

Please note if you do sign up make sure you are able to race every Monday night for 14 consecutive weeks.

The race car for the 3rd season is the : 1985 LOTUS 97T F1 CAR

image.jpg

Australian Tuning League
GT500 Championship Round 8 Monaco

1. Greasy07 35pts + 5pts (pole)
  2. itzracing 30pts
  3. nasanu 25pts
  4. dbn26 21pts
  5. gastrobotic 19pts
  6. Vendalism 17pts

Championship Standings

1. VENDALISM 206 Points
  2. Greasy07 179 Points
  3. nasanu 171 Points
  4. Gastrobotic 161 Points
  5. WIDFO 140 Points
  6. Heathenpride 114 Points
  7. fullgas62 77 Points
  8. Dbn26 74 Points
  9. GripHunter 60 Points
  10. itzracing 60 Points
  11. Come and Get Me77 35 Points
  12. gasmantor56 19pts
  13. Tooched 17 Points
  14. Brianrage 13 Points
Lap Times

1. GREASY07 - 1:24.857
  2. nasanu - 1:25:211
  3. ItzRacing - 1:25.395
  4. VANDALISM - 1:25.637
  5. Gastrobotic - 1:26.865
  6. Dbn26 - 1:26.931

Hope these results are correct. I am very, very tired right now, already corrected several obvious mistakes, let me know if there are more.

image.jpg

Gents,

ATL season 3 race event has been posted on GTP :gtpflag:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/atl-au-nz-lotus-97t-f1-championship.311921/

We have incorporated some new regulations for the upcoming 3rd season to try and add more of a fun factor and have disabled the full damage and tyre degradation settings and incorporated weather Changeability on permitting circuits.

Cheers VENDALISM :cheers:
That looks sweet mate 👍 :bowdown:

But don't you mean
View attachment 174653
That looks sweet mate 👍 :bowdown:

But don't you mean
View attachment 174653

Cheers GREASY ! :crazy:

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh the lure of the Ring........ @VENDALISM, would you object if I turned up for a race tonight? I just can't help myself....

Haha I guess so but it's the ring, I love it like a junkie loves smack :)

Back