ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ SUPER GT500 CHAMPIONSHIPFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 390 comments
I felt the need to aggressively attack some kerbing over the weekend, as a result I got minor suspension damage, (seriously I screwed my ankle) as a result I may DS3 it, if I find that to difficult I will still show but only to spectate

EDIT: I have been told I must work Monday evening, so unfortunately I will have to pull out, sorry gents I was looking forward to it,

Last edited:
Unfortunately I Wont be able to make it tonight as ive ended up sick and i wont be able to spend the required time to complete a race properly. Should definitely make be able to race from next week hopefully.

I felt the need to aggressively attack some kerbing over the weekend, as a result I got minor suspension damage, (seriously I screwed my ankle) as a result I may DS3 it, if I find that to difficult I will still show but only to spectate

EDIT: I have been told I must work Monday evening, so unfortunately I will have to pull out, sorry gents I was looking forward to it,

Cheers for the update Dave !👍

Hope your ankle gets better bud... :ouch:

Unfortunately I Wont be able to make it tonight as ive ended up sick and i wont be able to spend the required time to complete a race properly. Should definitely make be able to race from next week hopefully.

Cheers for the update Bud,👍

Smart move not to race. I found out the hard way on Friday night that racing while sick is not the best idea . lol :crazy:

See you next week ItzRacing :gtpflag:

Room Proxy Host : GREASY07

Backup Proxy Host : nasanu

Laguna, fun, i like this track. This will actually be the first time I have turned the PS3 on since the vette race. I just want a clean run this time, no first few laps pitstops and I'll be happy.

Cheers for the update Bud,👍

Smart move not to race. I found out the hard way on Friday night that racing while sick is not the best idea . lol :crazy:

See you next week ItzRacing :gtpflag:

Yeah I tried doing the last race in Dave's Australian GT Series and was getting dizzy at stages. Because Im joining halfway through the season its not worth getting in anyones way and stuffing up. Good luck to everyone tonight and see you all next week, or even Wednesday.

First lap second corner lost my backend and while correcting I made contact with Gastros front... (sorry bud!).

Pited on lap 13 and came out too eager on cold tyres, and lost it again:banghead: on Rahal straight with damage again :banghead: then to top it all off I got F-#** DC :banghead:

One of my favourite USA circuits ....was pushing out 16:00.79 in HPs practice room earlier in the evening, any how on to next weeks race.0nce again sorry for my unintentional loss of my backend Gastrobotic :indiff:

@nas can you please update all relevant race stats for this race please?

Cheers Vendal

Last edited:
@nas can you please update all relevant race stats for this race please?

Cheers Vendal

Will do. Oh about the lines in quali, because of the reduction in time I felt it best to avoid collisions. At the vette Daytona race someone spun right in front of me early on, if this happened with only 8mins of time I would not have had enough time left to get back to the pits and do some laps to warm the tyres.

Anyway first race without damage for me :) Though it was close a few times, I was trying to better Greasy's lap times and almost threw it away on three consecutive laps near the end.

Al
Will do. Oh about the lines in quali, because of the reduction in time I felt it best to avoid collisions. At the vette Daytona race someone spun right in front of me early on, if this happened with only 8mins of time I would not have had enough time left to get back to the pits and do some laps to warm the tyres.

Anyway first race without damage for me :) Though it was close a few times, I was trying to better Greasy's lap times and almost threw it away on three consecutive laps near the end.

Hey nas,

All good not your fault.. I knew you set it to quali alone,due to our time constraints.

I just find it very difficult to hit the apex when I have a **** blue lines moving all around me lol. I have a bad habit even when having the fastest lap time during the race,still trying to better it and it has cost me before too lol

This is the beauty of a long season any thing can happen at any time to any one.lol

By the sounds of it you took out the Race...

Good drive bud ! Congrats :gtpflag:

20140526_220537.jpg

Thanks for the race. Good fun as always. :cheers:

I had a disaster during qualifying as the bunch of blue eels distracted me and I joule get a clean lap in.

Made a mistake early on and caused damage to Fullgas and myself- sorry Mate. The rest of the race was good and I chase Gastro for many laps. (I think I found an way to even out the difference coming out of the turns between the Toyota and the Honda , catch you next time Gastro:idea:.) Got tangled up with HP at the Corkscrew and that was it for me. Just finished the race after that.

All in all still a good race.

Hey Widfo . . . all good mate . . . I was getting faster (no where near fast enough) as the race went on . . . think I set my fastest lap on "38" hahahaha - just tried to stay out of Nas and Greasy's way when they came up on me . . . Was another good race - it's a real shame when people pull out or DC's happen - i've got the internet to myself for Monday and Friday nights so a much better experience . . . I did notice that Nas made a comment about Lag on the ZR1 page . . . I did notice fubbles but . . . last night when Widfo spun in front of me - his car looked like it went about 20m in the air and came down in the middle of the track? Hahahahaha - Playstation Diahreah maybe? Anyway lads . . . i'm enjoying and learning so thanks for putting up with me . . . i'll be racing the Vette this Friday night and then i'm off to Coffs for the Week racing the Over 40's Titles . . . so out for the Monday and the Friday of next week . . .

Cheers
Phil

Mental note: Don't get drunk on race nights by mixing Mauritanian coffee grog, Coopers Vintage Ale and Cab Sav :dunce:

My race was going really well up until the point my common sense, coordination, semi-sobriety and brain all imploded in an inglorious display of drunken rubbish!

Well done to everyone else though, was a good race with the exception of the last few laps :(

Not sure what happened with the lag thing.... people said that i was lagging but
i didn't see any lag from anyone else.

I boot the wife off the internet every time I race in rooms like these and Physically turn of the wi-fi on the router, i had allready done this when the complaint was made.... Weird.

Don't stress about the rear ender Vendal, all good, these things happen and unfortunately
you never know when, you just have to recover and keep on going, which I did and managed to get a Podium 3rd place. Happy with that.... :gtpflag:

Not sure what happened with the lag thing.... people said that i was lagging but
i didn't see any lag from anyone else.

I boot the wife off the internet every time I race in rooms like these and Physically turn of the wi-fi on the router, i had allready done this when the complaint was made.... Weird.

Don't stress about the rear ender Vendal, all good, these things happen and unfortunately
you never know when, you just have to recover and keep on going, which I did and managed to get a Podium 3rd place. Happy with that.... :gtpflag:

The main lag I saw was with Widfo, due to our track positions and different pit strategies I'd have to pass him twice around the pitstops and I was always wondering just when I was going to see full red icons. Luckily nothing happened, though at one point when he was about 1/3 of a lap away from me his car came screaming at me somehow.

You can tell by the nature of the lag that congestion is involved somewhere along the line. 98% of the time his connection is perfect, then it seems like data packets get held up and are eventually delivered late. The game rather than ignoring them places the car where each new (old) packet says it is.

Usually that kind of thing happens when someone is browsing the internet. Say you can download at 1MB/s. Some webpages are 1.5MB or higher (actually I have built sites with a 5MB initial load) which means that for that second when the webpage is loading your data has to wait to go down your line. However we are talking uploads though, but large pages have a huge amount of requests which all eat upload so it holds.

Also it can happen if you have lots of bandwidth and are able to download at high speeds but have a modem with a slow CPU. Many of my old modem routers will produce lag if I download at all, even if the speed is slow.

Another cause can be wifi. Lots of different devices can generate radiation in the rage that wifi operates and when this happens it will cause data to be resent and slow everything down. Also sometimes phone can be installed incorrectly which can make a net connection unstable when a phone call comes in.

But if none of those things apply then I can't think of anything you can do. We will just have to put up with it and remember that random events take drivers out of real races also. I have still had fun in the races where I was lagged into.

Australian Tuning League
GT500 Championship Round 5 Laguna Seca

1. nasanu 54:09.715 (pole) 35+5pts
  2. Greasy07 54:37.316 30pts
  3. Gastrobotic 56:13.268 25pts
  4. Widfo DNF 21pts
  5. Fullgas62 DNF 19pts
  6. Heathenpride DNF 17pts
  7. Gazmanotr56 DNF 15pts
  8. Vendalism DNF 13pts
Championship Standings
  1. VENDALISM 135 Points
  2. WIDFO 115 Points
  3. Gastrobotic 107 Points
  4. Greasy07 103 Points
  5. Heathenpride 97 Points
  6. nasanu 81 Points
  7. fullgas62 77 Points
  8. GripHunter 60 Points
  9. Come and Get Me77 35 Points
  10. Dbn26 32 Points
  11. Tooched 17 Points
  12. Brianrage 13 Points
Lap Times
  1. Greasy07 - 1:16.050
  2. nasanu - 1:16.289
  3. Vendalism - 1:17.258
  4. Widfo - 1:17.517
  5. Heathenpride - 1:18.018
  6. Gastrobotic - 1:18.081
  7. Fullgas62 - 1:18.315
  8. Gazmanotr56 - 1:27.747

Last edited:
image.jpg

ROUND 6 - 02/06/2014

Monday Night 8pm EST

TRACK: Rome Circuit LAPS:46

2 Mandatory Pit Stops

Proxy Host : GREASY07

Backup Proxy Host : nasanu

image.jpg

Ahhh, an old favourite!!

Yeah I like this too, but I could not feel much worse tonight. I am sick and stayed up till 9am finishing an assignment, then decided to get drunk in the morning when I finally submitted that assignment. Now I am a mixture of exhausted, sick and hungover. Not pretty, cant even hold a glass without shaking.

I'll dig into the coffee but I am disappointed, I really wanted to attack this round.

Yeah I like this too, but I could not feel much worse tonight. I am sick and stayed up till 9am finishing an assignment, then decided to get drunk in the morning when I finally submitted that assignment. Now I am a mixture of exhausted, sick and hungover. Not pretty, cant even hold a glass without shaking.

I'll dig into the coffee but I am disappointed, I really wanted to attack this round.

Drink a six pack, slam a few shots and drive it like Senna!

Epic battle Ven :) I was constantly looking in my mirrors each time you went wide hoping you had damage :P I notice a few times you scraped the wall, but you just continued on. When you finally did hit something I thought I was free. But then greasy was doing fast times behind and my tyres where shot, then I see greasy pit.. Awesome, 20 second lead and a stroll to win... Then about 5 seconds later.. BAM!! Widofo comes flying out of the blue sky, first corner and I am full red, had to do a full lap like that then another pit :(

Still, epic race, those first 30 laps with ven were so fun.

You did ok considering mate lol. Well done

Back