ATL AUSTRALIAN & NZ SUPER GT500 CHAMPIONSHIPFinished 

• Thread starter VENDALISM
  • 390 comments
Perfect race for me.... not one wall banger and that is rare for me on this track.
Good racing everyone.
And on to next weeks challenge!!!

Perfect race for me.... not one wall banger and that is rare for me on this track.
Good racing everyone.
And on to next weeks challenge!!!

Yeah me too. The only time I got damage through normal racing was when I was in front of ven and I lost the back end of the supra over the ripple strip entering the final turn (tricky section in that car). I kind of held it in a sideways slide totally blocking the path for vendal and he hit me through no fault of his own. Luckily it was around the pit window and vendal's damage didnt seem to bad :)

Oh and I forgot, about two laps from the end dbn did the same thing in front of me at a different section, got lots of red but it was two laps from the end, didnt effect the outcome.

Sorry I couldn't join in last night, ran out of Internet on Friday night and I knew I wouldn't stay connected in the room. Data resets at midnight so hopefully there will be no problems racing from next week.

Im interested. Shame about the no NSX, so I'll run a SC430. Haven't looked at those cars yet, but will nail my choice down before the race. If that's ok.

Australian Tuning League
GT500 Championship Round 6 Rome

1. Gastrobotic 35pts
  2. nasanu 30pts
  3. Widfo 25pts
  4. Dbn26 21pts
  5. Vendalism 19pts + 5pts (pole)
  6. Heathenpride 17pts
  7. Greasy07 15pts

Championship Standings

1. VENDALISM 159 Points
  2. Gastrobotic 142 Points
  3. WIDFO 140 Points
  4. Greasy07 118 Points
  5. Heathenpride 114 Points
  6. nasanu 111 Points
  7. fullgas62 77 Points
  8. GripHunter 60 Points
  9. Dbn26 53 Points
  10. Come and Get Me77 35 Points
  11. Tooched 17 Points
  12. Brianrage 13 Points
Lap Times

1. Vendalism - 1:01.733
  2. Greasy07 - 1:01.763
  3. nasanu - 1:02:045
  4. Gastrobotic - 1:02.723
  5. Heathenpride - 1:02.879
  6. Dbn26 - 1:02.954
  7. Widfo - 1:03.166

Really closing up to vendal there Gas, I'd have given you zero chance of that in the Supra at the season start. Nice job.

Thanks mate, even though i may not have the quickest lap times it seems that being consistent is what pays off the most. Car setup helps also.
It is going to be a very close finish at the end of the season i think lol

hey guys didnt mean to pull out last event had frustrati ng qualifying wanted to sit it out but pressed the wrong button and kicked myself out of the race altogether:banghead:. See if I get it right next Monday:boggled:

@VENDALISM

Over at CRAP we have had some huge issues with Bathurst, so much so that I'm seriously concerned about the event...

It could be lag, audio drops or in-view frame dropping and they're all too common.

If there's big problems do we have a plan b?

Bathurst is THE MOST unstable thing about GT6's online experience.

As much as we all love track i think it is best to avoid it until there is some kind of stability fix of some kind.
Plan B should be a go.....

@VENDALISM

Over at CRAP we have had some huge issues with Bathurst, so much so that I'm seriously concerned about the event...

It could be lag, audio drops or in-view frame dropping and they're all too common.

All we can do is run the scheduled endurance round tonight and hope all runs well.

Plan B is the above.

ROUND 7 - Endurance Round - 09/06/2014. Monday Night 8pm EST
TRACK: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit LAPS:48

2 Mandatory Pit Stops

image.jpg

Bathurst is THE MOST unstable thing about GT6's online experience.

As much as we all love track i think it is best to avoid it until there is some kind of stability fix of some kind.
Plan B should be a go.....

I have never had issues there. Honestly I think its just confirmation bias. For a start a track mesh has nothing to do with the network code and no reason why it should. And you don't hear people from overseas claiming there are issues with Bathurst. This would be because they drive there less often and therefor when the game has an issue it is less likely to be at Bathurst than with aussie players who drive there almost exclusively. If a game occasionally produces an error, if I drive the same track over and over I'll get all the errors on that track only. That just means I need to drive other tracks, not that the current track is somehow broken.

Also take a look at the public lobbies. There are always rooms open for many hours just racing on that track alone (and I have been in such rooms racing Bathurst over and over for hours with zero issues). If there were the claimed issues with Bathurst then these lobbies would not last long.

@VENDALISM

And no series has ever had issues at any other track?... Lag is ONLY caused by the network, not game levels. Its nuts that when there is lag at any other track is normal, but lag at Bathurst is somehow the fault of the track polygons. The framerate is a little lower for Bathurst as it is in some parts of other graphically intensive tracks, but it is the same for all.

Honestly think about it like this. Bathurst is identical to every other track only it has polygons producing a different shape and different pictures drawn onto them. That is the sole difference. So how can this produce all the effects people claim? It can not.

And to add, there is more chance of errors tonight. Fact. But if there are then people will put this down again to Bathurst. But cold logic tells you that an enduro lasts longer and thus has more potential for errors. Again nothing to do with the track selection.

Welcome aboard Lion-Face !:)

Please register @ www.formula-digital.com and familiarise your self with the rules and regs of our league?

See you on race day:gtpflag:

Cheers Vendal

Just signed up now.

I will be racing the Lexus Eneos SC430 '08

When I originally posted, I didn't know I was heading away next week. I don't like signing up for a series with the intention of not running some of the rounds. Anywho, I will be here for Bathurst, miss the next race, then be there for the remaining races of the season.

See you all tonight

I get what you're saying nas but from personal experience running rooms there, with global participants, I can verify that Bathurst does provide more issues. Our endurance race for CRAP on Saturday morning had to be cancelled completely because of it, we then hit brands hatch with no issues at all.

Happy with whatever though, I'm possibly out tonight I'm just waiting to hear if I can race.

I have found bathurst to have more problems than any other track but hey... give it a go i guess. I will be disapointed however if i get disconnected tonight when i havent had a problem this season so far.... see how it goes

Remember guys we don't want lag tonight. Every single race we see people who obviously have people or devices using the internet while they are racing. This is not acceptable. It might not effect you too much but will cause your car to jump back and hit others spoiling their race. While in a league race your PS3 should be the only thing connected to your network if possible. Even mobile phones deciding to update apps via wifi can ruin someone else's race. Before the race starts have a good think about everything on your network that could cause lag and hopefully we can have the very first race where many people don't get smashed off the track.

God... Yup ok Bathurst drama... lol awesome. I froze for the first time in months of racing on this track. Ah...

Maybe I've been quite lucky till now?

Getting network incompatibility with room host messages now....

Yep.... after a major freeze and hard reset with corrupted data ( thank god i backed up my game progress) i chose to not waste my time with bathurst tonight.

(I must add that even if I wanted to join the race i couldn't)

As i am frequently on this game all week, this is really the only track i ever have problems with... all other tracks are fine in full rooms. As soon as you change to bathurst you get choppy sound or complete sound drop out and unstable behaviour. Ask sony or PD and they will they will say if you are having problems you should re-install the game. Well **** that.... everyone i know who has done this is still having the same problems with this track.

If you did go ahead with the race i do however think it is unfair to be a point scoring round for those who didn't manage to stay in the room or for those who decided not to show up because "it was bathurst night".

Last edited:
Actually once we got everyone on the grid the race went off without a hitch :) But it was a hassle getting to that point. Though it does show that those who didn't show could well have had a race, they just chose to give up after trying one single host.

5 of us started and no one disconnected, but only 3 of us really completed the full race as Greasy was in the pits for basically the last half of the race and gazman pulled off the track a couple laps in

Actually once we got everyone on the grid the race went off without a hitch :) But it was a hassle getting to that point. Though it does show that those who didn't show could well have had a race, they just chose to give up after trying one single host.

Very good point nas....

I found it strange how quickly some people gave up, as it was a hosting problem not the circuit that was causing the frustration. I was very disappointed with Drivers that gave up during the race, as this is not fair on the other drivers who raced till the end of the endurance round.

I had a shocker of a race and still managed to complete 46 laps of the enduro event.

Congratulations to nasanu for a galant driving effort to take out the endurance round and ItzRacng for taking second place.

Well done Lads !!:gtpflag:

@ nasanu can you please post the results as I was unable to save the replay due to the race timer expiring before I could cross the finish line ?

Latest Posts

Back