ATTN: Interact mem. cards are crap!

ATTENTION EVERYONE! DO NOT BUY THE MEGA MEMORY 16, MADE BY INTERACT. IT IS A RIP-OFF! IT DOES NOT WORK WITH SOME POPULAR GAMES, LIKE METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY!!!

Dude, I know! When I first bought my PSX (not PS2 :P ) I got an Interact card. Saved $5...whoop de s***. It would occasionally go undetected (not such a problem) but when it destroyed my FF7 file! AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Third party peripherals are just not worth it IMHO. :thumbsdow

Originally posted by risingson77
Dude, I know! When I first bought my PSX (not PS2 :P ) I got an Interact card. Saved $5...whoop de s***. It would occasionally go undetected (not such a problem) but when it destroyed my FF7 file! AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Third party peripherals are just not worth it IMHO. :thumbsdow
Whoa...the exact same thing happened to me - with FF7 too! :eek:

If I would buy any memory card that was not made by Sony I would buy a MadCatz memory card. That is what kind of PS2 memory card I have and it works perfectly. (Looks cooler too and is cheaper by $10! :eek: )

know what the problem is? compression.

most games use already compressed save files. think of it as a zip file for the PSX. the 3rd party memory card uses it's own type of compression, so it can store more files. if a file is compressed, and it tries to get compressed more, what will happen?

the memory card will save it, and when the file get's too big, it'll think, "hey, if this file is compressed, why is it taking up two slots?" so it will randomly throw saves away. basically all of the PS2 games require compressed save slots, so buy genuine memory cards. ok, they may be a bit more expensive, but it's worth it. you'll have no problems, and chances are the game will load quicker.

hope that helped.

Had to restart GT2 on PSX 3 times because of memory card failure. Never purchased anything other than Sony brand from that point on. I will rather spend $10 extra and have the security of knowing that it will not crap out on me.

Samething happened on the 3rd party Sega memory card :mad:

I avoid anything that isn't a 1x card. So far, no problems. A DexDrive helps, too.

Back