6'05?Bet I can't get it around in 7
. Looks interesting...I'll try it and post it and the CL600R at the same time
No sweat, man.. Better post one in-depth review first than two reviews, which don't tell much
Last edited by a moderator:
6'05?Bet I can't get it around in 7
. Looks interesting...I'll try it and post it and the CL600R at the same time
I know I'm a bit of an unreliable bastard when I say I'm going to review cars, but I just have real issues with time management i.e. OH MY GOODNESS, A BLUE CAR! *runs outside*
But now the blue car is gone, so I can now finally sit my bottom down and crank out a few reviews of cars that caught my eye.
First up, The SuperKa.
---
Ironically, for my dislike of FF cars, I have a strange affinity for kei and city cars. I don't know what it is that draws me to the idea of pumping 200 horses into a car the size of my wardrobe and then blasting around a circuit at 130mph.
One of the reasons I suppose I like these dinky cars is because some of them are styled so... aggressively. The Fiat Punto, with it's constant frown, the Suzuki Cappucino with it's teeth barred. It's like they're angry at being so small...
So naturally, when AMMT released this little number to their showroom, I couldn't resist. In a very loud shade of yellow contrasted by the uncoloured body work, with the "face", if you will, taking me back to the days of Pokémon and that little yellow mouse thing in particular.
But enough of that. If I continue appraising the looks of the thing, I doubt I'm ever going to get to my test track of choice for these sort of cars before it gets dark. So, off to Autumn Ring, where the tight, twisty confines combined with interesting track geometry shows me what handling really is.
So, I start it up. No longer is it the quiet hum of the standard engine. No, there's a growl in there now. Taking AMMT's advice to heart that this car is just a bit of "fun", I decide to put my foot down an--*fwish*
By no means a slow revver, I manage to make it to 5000 RPM quite quickly. However, I forget for a second that this car is turbo charged and when I suddenly find my self shifting into second gear already, the engine hisses, and then resumes it's growling.
I can't fault the acceleration here. Turbo lag is almost non-existent, and when this thing needs to move, it will.
Handling, though? Oh, yes, it moves. In fact, it moves in such a way I'm not taking any chances with it.
"Fun"? You don't know the half of it.
For instance, I was taking a bend flat out, coasting roughly 60mph. It seemed all in order, just a little bit of understeer to keep you on the tarmac. But I spoke to soon. Suddenly, the car feels very light and I'm experiencing a most peculiar thing.
Oversteer! I'm sliding through a corner, in an FWD Ford Ka! The differential in this car sure is an odd one. At times, it'll make the car handle as though it's on rails Dangerous ones, certainly, with flat out corners being ridden out on the rumble strips, while at other times, it'll spin the wheels to wake you up and make you slalom your way through the corners.
After everything was said and done, a lot more had been done than said, as I emerged from the car, pale but exhilarated, handed the keys over and then hugged the nearest lampost, praying that it will never break away from me.
While I can't recommend it as a serious racing machine (it's just far too unpredictable at times), as a daily driver for those that need a kick and NOT a Type R, I can definitely vouch for it.
Overall: 8/10 (if it was a bit stiffer and had a more planted feel to the track, it'd easily be a 9).
D-d-did you just call the Superbird competitively unsuccessful?
It was so successful at what it did (go very fast around large oval tracks) that it was BANNED from NASCAR.
The wing was there not so much to create downforce as much as it was to keep the rear from stepping out, the giant side panes did much more than the actual wing element for handling; the nosecone was to help aerodynamics, so as to allow it to be pushed over 200mph in full race-legal garb.
Australia, eh? If it's an Aussie Ford you're posting up, all my <3 will belong to you.![]()
You have to write everything down, i dont
The best review ever written!
Stop releasing new cars! I have to review them!
I'm going to compare that and the MFT version...don't worry, I'll go easy on you (really no need to)!
That's the point about us tuners, LukeWe like to take punches in the face!
Seriously, if you ever get to review one of my cars, go hard, really hard on me.
Codename LOh, and... It may seem I'm just lazy, since I haven't posted the two cars I said I was going too... But Friday, if not tomorrow, the cars will be uploaded 👍 One of them can complete Tsukuba Circuit in less than 59 seconds... On N3 tires. It may not sound impressive right now, but I bet it will once I tell you it is no overpowered Ford GT
The other one, let's just say, although not fully tuned, it makes more of a pleasant drive than an all-out race monster. Be careful, however. This car will bite.
Nice work S-Line, looking good! I am sorry for being so recluse as of late but I have been in the middle of Semester 1 exams (a doddle!) and my batch is coming along for a release by the end of June. Also, I will after that be working on another big project. All that I will say for now is that it will involve 32 cars on R2 tyres!
Senamic
It's really no problem, Lucas. I know how it is when you say you're going to release a car tomorrow, but you don't do, because you're too busy. I understand you completely 👍
The cars? Hm, sounds great. Be sure I'm going to test and review them 👍
Hmmm...the German one, please.I've got two more cars ready, from which one is going to be released today. I don't know which one to release, so I ask you now: Do you want a german car, which isn't fully tuned, but has awesome handling or a car from England which is.. umm.. breath-taking fast? You, MinoltaMan89, decideIf you don't reply to this, I'm going to choose which car to release 👍
Go easy on me? No, just do your work as you always do, I can come along with anything![]()
Two, eh?
Well, in that case, I'm feeling daring. For the first I think I'll go for some FF-Fun! I'd like to see a 323F given the treatment by you. I've always felt this car has a lot more to give than what it looks.
And for the other? Felt like asking for a Godzilla tune, but nah, I'm feeling in the mood for some King Kong action. Chevy Corvette Z06 if you get the chance?
Oh, and expect a review of the M5 Hurricane soon. Just got to find another Dualshock![]()
Hmmm...the German one, please.![]()
I'll let you decide on the 323F It'll be interesting to see what you come up with in your first FF tune it that's okay with you?
As for the Chevvy, just go all out crazy.![]()