Austra-Manx Motorsport Tuning, updated 12-09-09 with AMMT 2002!

• Thread starter senamic
  • 220 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
6'05?:eek: Bet I can't get it around in 7:lol:. Looks interesting...I'll try it and post it and the CL600R at the same time

No sweat, man.. Better post one in-depth review first than two reviews, which don't tell much ;).. Yes, well, I did 6'05.023 and that was after some 20 laps :crazy:.. For sure, you won't be able to run constant 6'05's every lap, but 6'10's should be easy to attain every lap, though 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm a bit of an unreliable bastard when I say I'm going to review cars, but I just have real issues with time management i.e. OH MY GOODNESS, A BLUE CAR! *runs outside*
But now the blue car is gone, so I can now finally sit my bottom down and crank out a few reviews of cars that caught my eye.

First up, The SuperKa.

---
Ironically, for my dislike of FF cars, I have a strange affinity for kei and city cars. I don't know what it is that draws me to the idea of pumping 200 horses into a car the size of my wardrobe and then blasting around a circuit at 130mph.

One of the reasons I suppose I like these dinky cars is because some of them are styled so... aggressively. The Fiat Punto, with it's constant frown, the Suzuki Cappucino with it's teeth barred. It's like they're angry at being so small...

So naturally, when AMMT released this little number to their showroom, I couldn't resist. In a very loud shade of yellow contrasted by the uncoloured body work, with the "face", if you will, taking me back to the days of Pokémon and that little yellow mouse thing in particular.

But enough of that. If I continue appraising the looks of the thing, I doubt I'm ever going to get to my test track of choice for these sort of cars before it gets dark. So, off to Autumn Ring, where the tight, twisty confines combined with interesting track geometry shows me what handling really is.

So, I start it up. No longer is it the quiet hum of the standard engine. No, there's a growl in there now. Taking AMMT's advice to heart that this car is just a bit of "fun", I decide to put my foot down an--*fwish*

By no means a slow revver, I manage to make it to 5000 RPM quite quickly. However, I forget for a second that this car is turbo charged and when I suddenly find my self shifting into second gear already, the engine hisses, and then resumes it's growling.

I can't fault the acceleration here. Turbo lag is almost non-existent, and when this thing needs to move, it will.
Handling, though? Oh, yes, it moves. In fact, it moves in such a way I'm not taking any chances with it.
"Fun"? You don't know the half of it.

For instance, I was taking a bend flat out, coasting roughly 60mph. It seemed all in order, just a little bit of understeer to keep you on the tarmac. But I spoke to soon. Suddenly, the car feels very light and I'm experiencing a most peculiar thing.

Oversteer! I'm sliding through a corner, in an FWD Ford Ka! The differential in this car sure is an odd one. At times, it'll make the car handle as though it's on rails Dangerous ones, certainly, with flat out corners being ridden out on the rumble strips, while at other times, it'll spin the wheels to wake you up and make you slalom your way through the corners.

After everything was said and done, a lot more had been done than said, as I emerged from the car, pale but exhilarated, handed the keys over and then hugged the nearest lampost, praying that it will never break away from me.

While I can't recommend it as a serious racing machine (it's just far too unpredictable at times), as a daily driver for those that need a kick and NOT a Type R, I can definitely vouch for it.

Overall: 8/10 (if it was a bit stiffer and had a more planted feel to the track, it'd easily be a 9).
---

Plymouth Superbird '70 (Aaron Sheperd Special)

Although I've always liked muscle cars (indeed, I have a thing for Mercury Cougars), I've never been able to get my head around what the point was in this car. If there was checklist for clinically insane cars, this would meet all requirements.
Grossly exaggerated body parts? Yep.
Spins the wheels in every gear? You betcha.
Not commerically/competitively successful? Check.

My main gripe is how even for a muscle car, it handled like a boat. Actually, with those proportions, unless all your commutes happen to be in straight lines, you might want to see if it works any better on water.

So, when Argentune offered to tune my now-slightly-damp Superbird for the tight and twisty track that is Costa (where apparently, a guy called Aaron races the same car), I jumped at the chance.

First impressions? Well, the exhaust note is different. Reminds me of a Group B in a way, except with out a turbo or a supercharger, which struck me as odd. With gearing short as this, wouldn't top end power help out?

As I found out, not in the slightest. True to form, I was nearing the rev limiter coming up to the first corner and I saw why. If there was any more power, I'd have simply bounced off the limiter and lost speed as a result. So I can't fault the transmission or engine modifications.

The handling is the real star, though. While the differential still likes to let the wheels break loose, the suspension is now tight enough so that you can just lift off the throttle and glide gracefully through the corners. Well, as gracefully as a car the same length as my house, anyway. And on power, the thing handles like it's on rails, especially when you approach the high speed kinks on the dark side of Costa. I can't fault the handling, either.

I found early on that care has to be taken when using the throttle. Like, not stamping on it through a corner, otherwise you'll just end up facing the way you just came. But then again, with 600+hp at my disposal, I knew better than to floor it through a corner.
Again.

I'm actually rather pleased at this performance package, even if it is just a little pricey. However, if you happen to have a Plymouth Superbird lying around somewhere and feel like breaking the 2'00 lap barrier (I managed 1'56.6), be sure to swing by AMMT to check it out.

Overall 7.5/10 (It's an excellent tune, only hampered by a slightly temperamental diff and the actual car itself. It's just a bit too long for my liking:( )

---

I was going to also post a review for the Argentune Clio, but when I found out you can't buy it brand new and I'm not due to get it for weeks yet, it'll have to wait :/

D-d-did you just call the Superbird competitively unsuccessful?

It was so successful at what it did (go very fast around large oval tracks) that it was BANNED from NASCAR.

The wing was there not so much to create downforce as much as it was to keep the rear from stepping out, the giant side panes did much more than the actual wing element for handling; the nosecone was to help aerodynamics, so as to allow it to be pushed over 200mph in full race-legal garb.

I know I'm a bit of an unreliable bastard when I say I'm going to review cars, but I just have real issues with time management i.e. OH MY GOODNESS, A BLUE CAR! *runs outside*
But now the blue car is gone, so I can now finally sit my bottom down and crank out a few reviews of cars that caught my eye.

First up, The SuperKa.

---
Ironically, for my dislike of FF cars, I have a strange affinity for kei and city cars. I don't know what it is that draws me to the idea of pumping 200 horses into a car the size of my wardrobe and then blasting around a circuit at 130mph.

One of the reasons I suppose I like these dinky cars is because some of them are styled so... aggressively. The Fiat Punto, with it's constant frown, the Suzuki Cappucino with it's teeth barred. It's like they're angry at being so small...

So naturally, when AMMT released this little number to their showroom, I couldn't resist. In a very loud shade of yellow contrasted by the uncoloured body work, with the "face", if you will, taking me back to the days of Pokémon and that little yellow mouse thing in particular.

But enough of that. If I continue appraising the looks of the thing, I doubt I'm ever going to get to my test track of choice for these sort of cars before it gets dark. So, off to Autumn Ring, where the tight, twisty confines combined with interesting track geometry shows me what handling really is.

So, I start it up. No longer is it the quiet hum of the standard engine. No, there's a growl in there now. Taking AMMT's advice to heart that this car is just a bit of "fun", I decide to put my foot down an--*fwish*

By no means a slow revver, I manage to make it to 5000 RPM quite quickly. However, I forget for a second that this car is turbo charged and when I suddenly find my self shifting into second gear already, the engine hisses, and then resumes it's growling.

I can't fault the acceleration here. Turbo lag is almost non-existent, and when this thing needs to move, it will.
Handling, though? Oh, yes, it moves. In fact, it moves in such a way I'm not taking any chances with it.
"Fun"? You don't know the half of it.

For instance, I was taking a bend flat out, coasting roughly 60mph. It seemed all in order, just a little bit of understeer to keep you on the tarmac. But I spoke to soon. Suddenly, the car feels very light and I'm experiencing a most peculiar thing.

Oversteer! I'm sliding through a corner, in an FWD Ford Ka! The differential in this car sure is an odd one. At times, it'll make the car handle as though it's on rails Dangerous ones, certainly, with flat out corners being ridden out on the rumble strips, while at other times, it'll spin the wheels to wake you up and make you slalom your way through the corners.

After everything was said and done, a lot more had been done than said, as I emerged from the car, pale but exhilarated, handed the keys over and then hugged the nearest lampost, praying that it will never break away from me.

While I can't recommend it as a serious racing machine (it's just far too unpredictable at times), as a daily driver for those that need a kick and NOT a Type R, I can definitely vouch for it.

Overall: 8/10 (if it was a bit stiffer and had a more planted feel to the track, it'd easily be a 9).

Thank you for your review, your honesty is welcome. Yes, it is a bit loose. Well, not a bit. More a lot. We exoerimented with a stiffer car but it was.... not as much fun as our final product. We wanted to give customers a feeling of peril, while not ruining performance, and we are glad that you enjoyed the car overall. On behalf of Codename L I Thank you for the review of his Superbird. Thank you for both reviews.

In the news: Most of Big Batch is ready! I plan to release Big Batch on June 27 2009! It has some variety in the cars involved, but it is mainly a return to our roots, which is producing fast and fun ways to hit a tree! Nah, hope you guys enjoy the batch when it is released.

Happy Hunting!

D-d-did you just call the Superbird competitively unsuccessful?

It was so successful at what it did (go very fast around large oval tracks) that it was BANNED from NASCAR.

The wing was there not so much to create downforce as much as it was to keep the rear from stepping out, the giant side panes did much more than the actual wing element for handling; the nosecone was to help aerodynamics, so as to allow it to be pushed over 200mph in full race-legal garb.

Well if it can't legally race then it isn't going to bring in the green. Thus, definitely not successful from a financial view point. No point in having a superduper car if you can't actually... y'know, use it.

I've got three cars ready to roll out. I'm going to release one of them in a few hours and I'll see about the others later. Two of them are full tuned (One from Australia and one from England) and the third one isn't full tuned, it should still be street legal, though :D 👍 The one from England is a well known car, which is as fast as our M5 Hurricane+ at Nürburgring :scared:

Australia, eh? If it's an Aussie Ford you're posting up, all my <3 will belong to you. :D

dsc02517i.jpg

Can't wait!

Hm, I could release it right now, just have to swich on the PS2 and write down the settings on a paper. Oh and take some pictures. :P

LOL, i have my telly and my monitor on the same desk, telly left, pcmonitor right. Sometimes i think that i can move the arrow from gt4 with my mouse :dunce:.

You have to write everything down, i dont

Hm, I don't need to write everthing down, I could type it on my computer, too. Anyways, let's stop posting unimportant things here, because firstly we want to keep this thread clean and secondly I think you can agree with me when I say we don't want any trouble with the staff here ;)

FPV GT "SF Edition" '04

IMG0039.jpg

IMG0040.jpg

Power: 684hp/5500U/min
Torque: 840.45 nm/4500U/min
Weight: 1514 kg

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Racing Brakes
- Brake Ballance Controller
- NA Tuning Stage 3
- Port Polishing
- Engine Balancing
- Racing Chip
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC Suspension
- R3 Tyres
- Weight Reduction Stage 3
- Rollcage
- Oil Change
- New wheels (FALKEN 002)

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 7.0 / 5.5
Ride Height: 110 / 120
Bound: 4 / 6
Rebound: 6 / 6
Camber: 1.5 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Transmission:

1st: 3.502
2nd: 2.367
3rd: 1.736
4th: 1.369
5th: 1.116
6th: 0.955
Final: 2.500
Auto: 19

Brake Ballance Controller:

Brakes: 5 / 9

Limited Slip Differential:

Initial: 10
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 15

Driving Aids:

ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

The first thing you ask yourself is: "Hey, what do the letters SF mean?" - We can tell you: This car is a special tune for our friend SaberFire (Short "SF"). We at AMMT are very happy to have Psycho Drive Customs as a tuning partner. We have never had any discussions or any issues with them, so we decided to tune a special car for the president of Psycho Drive Customs, SaberFire. We know he likes FPV's, so we decided to pick and tune one. The first thing we did was adding more power to the car. Also, we've replaced all the stock parts from the car with the best parts buyable in the world. The result is a 684 hp car, which weights only 1514 kg and has over 840 nm to offer. We also know that SaberFire likes to drive cars around Nürburgring, so we decided to tune it there. We travelled to the Nürburgring, Germany. After a few laps with the stock suspension and transmission settings, we decided to change them, because the car didn't feel good, the gearing was too short and the car just offered understeer. After some tweaks, we went off onto the track. The car now accelerates much faster and is much more direct. Also, the top speed of this car has improved: Now we can easily get to over 320 km/h on the long straight before the start/ finish line at Nürburgring. But there's also a special we wanted to include here and it's the brakes: We've adjusted them, in order to make late braking possible, but also, if you brake too late it's no problem, because you'll get oversteer and can drift the car through the corners. We wanted to keep this, in order SaberFire can also have fun driving this car. The best lap was 6'31.517, but we think that Mr. SaberFire can get much more out of this car.

------------------------------------

This is a special tune for SaberFire and we hope you enjoy it. Actually, I would've published it tomorrow, but I'm doing it now, because I don't want you to wait anymore. Have fun with this thing! ;)

ohmygodohmygodohmygod DUDE!

This is going to be like, the perfect thing for me! I've just done about 50 laps of Trail Mountain in a Punto (looong story) and afterwards I pretty much wanted to throw myself into a pile of brick-filled pillows. On the off chance there was something to get THAT monotony out of my head I pop into AMMT, and S-Line hints at releasing an Australian car? Like, the ones with enough torque to huff, puff and drag my house down the street?
FPV? THE RING? SF?

brb guyz goin to germany again :D

SaberFire's review of the: FPV GT "SF Edition" '04

Before I start this review, I want you to do something for me. Yes, you reading this. Leave your house (with a digital camera/or equivalent if possible) and head straight for your nearest freeway/motorway/autobahn. Now, walk into one of the lanes and stop in the middle, facing the opposite carriage way. Now turn your head to the side, and notice a speeding car heading straight for you. Take a picture of your facial expression.
Assuming you survived, go and treat yourself to a rollercoaster ride. During your terror, you might notice that you are cornering as if "on rails". Because you are.

Now, to link this into my car review, there is one more thing you need to do. First, imagine it wasn't a car speeding towards you at 90. It's a corner. The reason your body is not facing the same way as your head is because the car is actually facing the wall. While you're still going at 90.
And the rollercoaster ride? The ride might be completely insane, but you know that some higher power (probably the ride operator) is keeping you glued to the tracks.
And the facial expression? Unless you're the kind of person that eats granite, drinks fire and wrestles mountains to which a speeding car is just an annoying fly, this is the face you will be wearing for the duration of your driving session in this car.

At least, it was for me.

It's not a well advertised fact that Australia actually makes cars. Up until the break out of the Monaro (subsequently toned down and released for the American market as the slightly lackluster GTO), unless you're from Australia or one of those rare car enthusiasts that knows that there's more regions than Europe/USA/Japan, you'd be forgiven for thinking that Australia just imported them from nearby Japan and that'd be the end of it.
Not exactly. While a few JDM cars might make it over (mostly the micro's or a few of the more popular coupes and sedans), there are in fact cars built specifically for Australian needs. They're bigger and more powerful than what Europe or America has to offer, for a start.

It's been a while since I'd bought this car and when I finally returned from my cavernous garage with car in tow, I had forgotten how big this car actually is. For something that fulfils the same sort of purpose as a regular Ford Mondeo, this practically dwarfs it. It almost dwarfs me, come to mention it.
After I sent it off to be tuned to the AMMT specifications, I made my way to the Nurburgring, where AMMT had apparently developed the tune. When I finally laid eyes on it, I couldn't actually see a lot of difference. Apart from the new rims, the only thing setting it apart from my old one was a slightly lower stance. Funny, for the amount of torque and power written onto the car specifications I was expecting like, a massive wing and fangs and claws coming out of the bonnet and such. Instead, it looks relatively... tame.

Slightly nonplussed, I got in. Started it up, still nothing out of the ordinary. Just a bit more noise than I'm used too. Oh, and I'm missing all my interior and the frame looks a bit different, but I'm not complaining. The old one wasn't anything to write home about. So, without further ado, I put my foot down. And half a second later, I'm pulling into the pits. When I gave a puzzled look towards one of the pit crew, they pointed at one of the screens in the pit wall. In the replay, it shows the GT lurch, shoot off and instead of staying on the track decided to turn into the pits. All in about 3 seconds.

If the car was proving a point to me, point proven. I will not take any liberties with you whatsoever. I'm not even going to assume for a second that instead of airbags you're equipped with springloaded boxing gloves. I will behave. It left a huge impression on me. The amount of power available just blows your mind in a huge way.

So, setting off on my second attempt to pass the first corner. Make it, in a rather neat fashion, too. Excellent grip, doing 60, no hint of oversteer or understeer. Strange, I was expecting something more flamboyant. Well, the car must have been reading my thoughts because as I brake and enter the corner, braking from 110mph, turning in and lifting the brake off, I suddenly get the urge to floor it. Fighting all the common sense I have, I do so, and then I experience what terror really is. The shrill whine of the engine, the squealing rubber, the shaking cockpit, the fact that I'm travelling across the track onto the rumble strip and gut feeling that you're not totally in control.

But you always are. I realise this as I approach Flugplatz. It wasn't the car threatening to kill me or make me require fresh underwear and a new seat. It's me. I'M the one who's making it slide like an iceskater and grip like nails in wood. The car? It does what YOU want, not what it wants. You're not fighting it. You're commanding it.

Admittedly as the case, pretty poorly so far. I'm not used to a car that handles such as this. I'm either driving a grip racer, or a drift racer. Not both at the same time. By the time I'm up to Wippermann, though, I start to get the idea behind what separates the two driving styles. It's the brakes. The balance biased towards the rear generates oversteer. But not all the time. Indeed, without sounding too silly, it's like the car "knows" when you want to slide around a corner at 70mph. And when you want to slow down without giving you a sudden panoramic view of The Green Hell. It takes a while, but when you find the point, it suddenly all makes sense. With this in mind, I start my hotlap, with a time posted of 7'20.163.

What this car runs on isn't an engine. AMMT have somehow managed to harness the power of Fire and Lightning in place of an engine and use it in a conventional road car. There's endless amounts of power readily available. Run out revs? Switch to the next gear and just watch the engine munch hungrily into the redline all over again. Shift up, again. Shift up, again.

Not to say there's anything wrong with the drive train. In fact, AMMT deserve a big pat on the back. They've managed to make every gear usable (even first, which is usually neglected in cars with this much power), give it great acceleration yet manage to have a serviceable speed just shy of 200mph. At least, that's as fast as I managed to get it while at the 'Ring. It can probably put out a lot more in the right conditions, certainly.
And relating to the drive train, is the custom differential that has been fitted. Although the customisation is only slight, it's obvious it makes a huge difference. It makes the car possible. Without it, the wheelspin would probably be horrific, and the corners I daren't think about.

The suspension work also received an overhaul. Although at first a bit skeptic about softening the suspension, the carefully dialed camber, toe and ride height adjustments complement it perfectly. The anti-roll bar at the front ensures that there's enough freedom for the weight to transfer during cornering without risking stability. In short, it's close to a work of art.

Fitted with R3 tyres, it can easily take corners flat out. Flat out between Bergwerk and Klostertal is an experience with in itself, especially at 150mph+.

After about 20 laps or so, I finally posted a time of 6'53.756. Yet, as I pulled in, I felt as though I'd hardly scratched the surface of this machine. With another 20 laps, I reckon it would have yielded more secrets to me. But with that, create many more mysteries.

To put your foot to the floor and prepare for glory?
Or pull on the brakes and hope that tonight, you don't dine in automotive hell?
You decide.

It'd be frivolous to score this car with mere numbers. Even without the dedication to me, I'd still feel as if me and this car have some kind of bond. I can't even describe the feeling of entering a slide just to power out of Karussell and take the perfect line through Aremburg. To be honest, you should have stopped reading this review a long time ago, and started driving this car.

Trust me, you will not regret it.

---
Sorry for the long winded review, but WOW, what a machine! :drool: I really can't think of anything else to say, S-Line. It's truly beyond words. The only thing that would make it more awesome if it was a "Chuck Norris" edition and instead of using the road like a mere "car" instead made the track move under it instead.

Seriously, great show man, great show!

ps lol at my pathetic attempt at a hotlap :crazy: I still have a lot to learn :D

Stop releasing new cars! I have to review them!
I'm going to compare that and the MFT version...don't worry, I'll go easy on you (really no need to)!

That's the point about us tuners, Luke ;) We like to take punches in the face! :lol:
Seriously, if you ever get to review one of my cars, go hard, really hard on me.

Oh, and... It may seem I'm just lazy, since I haven't posted the two cars I said I was going too... But Friday, if not tomorrow, the cars will be uploaded 👍 One of them can complete Tsukuba Circuit in less than 59 seconds... On N3 tires. It may not sound impressive right now, but I bet it will once I tell you it is no overpowered Ford GT ;)

The other one, let's just say, although not fully tuned, it makes more of a pleasant drive than an all-out race monster. Be careful, however. This car will bite.

Nice work S-Line, looking good! I am sorry for being so recluse as of late but I have been in the middle of Semester 1 exams (a doddle!) and my batch is coming along for a release by the end of June. Also, I will after that be working on another big project. All that I will say for now is that it will involve 32 cars on R2 tyres!

Senamic

The best review ever written!

Thank you very much for this, SaberFire. I'm glad you like and enjoy driving it. Also, there's one more thing to say here: You're not allowed to ask for one car to be tuned for you specially, but you're allowed to ask for two! This was the first review I've got and it's the best review I've ever read, so I let you ask for two tunes instead for one ;) 👍

Stop releasing new cars! I have to review them!
I'm going to compare that and the MFT version...don't worry, I'll go easy on you (really no need to)!

I've got two more cars ready, from which one is going to be released today. I don't know which one to release, so I ask you now: Do you want a german car, which isn't fully tuned, but has awesome handling or a car from England which is.. umm.. breath-taking fast? You, MinoltaMan89, decide ;) If you don't reply to this, I'm going to choose which car to release 👍

Go easy on me? No, just do your work as you always do, I can come along with anything :mischievous:

That's the point about us tuners, Luke ;) We like to take punches in the face! :lol:
Seriously, if you ever get to review one of my cars, go hard, really hard on me.

:lol: Yes, beat me, come, beat me! :lol: J/K :D

Codename L
Oh, and... It may seem I'm just lazy, since I haven't posted the two cars I said I was going too... But Friday, if not tomorrow, the cars will be uploaded 👍 One of them can complete Tsukuba Circuit in less than 59 seconds... On N3 tires. It may not sound impressive right now, but I bet it will once I tell you it is no overpowered Ford GT ;)

The other one, let's just say, although not fully tuned, it makes more of a pleasant drive than an all-out race monster. Be careful, however. This car will bite.

It's really no problem, Lucas. I know how it is when you say you're going to release a car tomorrow, but you don't do, because you're too busy. I understand you completely 👍

The cars? Hm, sounds great. Be sure I'm going to test and review them 👍

Nice work S-Line, looking good! I am sorry for being so recluse as of late but I have been in the middle of Semester 1 exams (a doddle!) and my batch is coming along for a release by the end of June. Also, I will after that be working on another big project. All that I will say for now is that it will involve 32 cars on R2 tyres!

Senamic

Thank you very much Lachlan :) Same as for Lucas: Don't worry, it's alright. I mean, better take your time with tuning the cars than releasing a bunch of cars that weren't tuned properly ;)

Two, eh?

Well, in that case, I'm feeling daring. For the first I think I'll go for some FF-Fun! I'd like to see a 323F given the treatment by you. I've always felt this car has a lot more to give than what it looks.

And for the other? Felt like asking for a Godzilla tune, but nah, I'm feeling in the mood for some King Kong action. Chevy Corvette Z06 if you get the chance? :D

Oh, and expect a review of the M5 Hurricane soon. Just got to find another Dualshock :D

It's really no problem, Lucas. I know how it is when you say you're going to release a car tomorrow, but you don't do, because you're too busy. I understand you completely 👍

Good news for you and the garage, then! I don't have gym today, so I will be able to write down the tunes as soon as I finish my tea (:sly:), along with a pic for the 50th Drift Comp. (which has nothing to do with this garage, but I thought I would tell it to you here anyways to spare a post :P). 👍

The cars? Hm, sounds great. Be sure I'm going to test and review them 👍

Oh, yes... They are... Especially the smaller one.

I've got two more cars ready, from which one is going to be released today. I don't know which one to release, so I ask you now: Do you want a german car, which isn't fully tuned, but has awesome handling or a car from England which is.. umm.. breath-taking fast? You, MinoltaMan89, decide ;) If you don't reply to this, I'm going to choose which car to release 👍

Go easy on me? No, just do your work as you always do, I can come along with anything :mischievous:
Hmmm...the German one, please.:D

Two, eh?

Well, in that case, I'm feeling daring. For the first I think I'll go for some FF-Fun! I'd like to see a 323F given the treatment by you. I've always felt this car has a lot more to give than what it looks.

And for the other? Felt like asking for a Godzilla tune, but nah, I'm feeling in the mood for some King Kong action. Chevy Corvette Z06 if you get the chance? :D

Oh, and expect a review of the M5 Hurricane soon. Just got to find another Dualshock :D

An FF? :scared: Up to now, I've tuned FR cars and have learned how to tune them, but FF? - Alright, I'll see what I can do 👍

Z06? Should be no problem as it's FR :P..

You wish both cars fully tuned or a specific amount of horsepower?

Hmmm...the German one, please.:D

It'll be uploaded tomorrow 👍 I'll see about releasing the other car tomorrow, too.

I'll let you decide on the 323F It'll be interesting to see what you come up with in your first FF tune it that's okay with you?

As for the Chevvy, just go all out crazy. :D

I'll let you decide on the 323F It'll be interesting to see what you come up with in your first FF tune it that's okay with you?

As for the Chevvy, just go all out crazy. :D

Alright. 323F will be fully tuned and I'll give my best with it.

The Corvette will be no problem. That's going to be a lot of fun, though :lol:

Dodge Viper "Constrictor" '09

15523326.jpg

Power: 600HP/5600rpm
Torque: 838.59NM/4200rpm
Weight: 1533kg

Parts list:

- Semi-Racing Exhaust
- Racing Brakes
- NA Tuning Stage 1
- Engine Balancing
- Racing Chip
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC Suspension
- S3 Tyres
- Oil Change
- Wing (3D Type CB)
- New wheels (NI0225)

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 8.5 / 11.0
Ride Height: 110 / 140
Bound: 3 / 8
Rebound: 5 / 9
Camber: 3.0 / 2.0
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Transmission:

1st: 3.200
2nd: 2.100
3rd: 1.555
4th: 1.210
5th: 0.985
6th: 0.828
7th: -----
Final: 3.200
Auto: 13

Brakes: 7 / 4

Initial: 15
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Downforce:

Amount: 30 / 15

Driving Aids:

...and finally, the first of the two cars I promised has appeared. The Dodge Viper '09, nicknamed Constrictor, is a car that was produced between Dodge, Nissan, and Austra-Manx Motorsport Tuning. With technology developed by Nissan, and with the parts tuned by AMMT, Dodge has secured itself a winning Viper for the rest of the year.

Everything from the base model remains there, with only a few additions to the interior of the car, such as "Constrictor" official badges, Recaro seats, and gauges. Outside, Nissan decorates the wheels of the car with a beautiful set of rims. The wing was an idea of Dodge, inspired by the Viper ACR. The car is painted Viper Black, to give the car a powerful, menacing look. However, it is under the bodywork where the true magic is at...

Power output has been increased to a nice and round 600HP, at 5600rpm. The torque has also been increased, this time to 838.59NM/4200rpm. The weight remains stock, thanks to the lightweight bodypanels installed on the car to balance the weight of the installed wing. The suspension components were handed by Nissan's NISMO motorsport and performance division and fine tuned by AMMT, providing precise and at the same time nimble handling. The brakes were AMMT's own creation, along with a powerful drivetrain customization that allows the car to take maximum advantage of its 600HP output. The car has been fitted with road legal soft tires, which allows it to stop, accelerate, and corner faster than before.

With a lap of under 1'33 on California's Infineon Raceway Sport Car Course, and 1'27.329 on Laguna Seca, this is, by definition, the best Viper Dodge will ever get to produce.

Last edited:
AMMT Corvette ZR-1 (C1) '09

27231539.jpg

Power: 368HP/4200rpm
Torque: 670.03NM/2400rpm
Weight: 1112kg

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Racing Chip
- NA Tuning Stage 3
- Engine Balancing
- Post Polishing
- Weight Reduction Stage 3
- Racing Brakes
- FC Suspension
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC LSD
- S3 or N3 Tires
- Oil Change
- New wheels (PD0201)

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 6.0/ 7.5
Ride Height: 140 / 140
Bound: 4/ 4
Rebound: 5 / 8
Camber: 2.0 / 2.5
Toe: 0 / -1
Stabilizers: 3/ 4

Transmission:

1st: 2.096
2nd: 1.403
3rd: 1.050
4th: 0.830
5th: 0.680
6th: -----
7th: -----
Final: 3.600
Auto: 14

Brakes: 4 / 3

Initial: 20
Acceleration: 45
Deceleration: 25

Downforce:

Amount: 0 / 0

Driving Aids:

...and finally, the second of the two cars I promised has appeared. The C3 from 1970-1972, C4 Corvettes from 1990-1995, and the 2009-present C6 Corvette have ZR-1 high performance versions. With a car as important as the original Corvette, it was fundamental for us to make a special version of the car, baptizing it with the ZR-1 name, which without a doubt, deserves with the performance it is currently putting out now.

17746614.jpg

Faster than the frigate which it took its name from, the AMMT Corvette ZR-1 puts out an astonishing 368HP at 4200rpm, while weighing only 1112kg, allowing it to blast through corners as a high performance race car. Through its engineering, it started to become obvious to us that this car was just too fast for its own good. It made races so easy, they just turned boring. So, with a set of N3 tires, which limit its performance, yet still fast enough to complete Tsukuba in 58 seconds, you get a set of whitewall tires, which I'm sure you, as Bob below...

72365394.jpg

...will enjoy. This car has tons of grip, and I really mean it. Those 1112kg sure make for a good variation of the usual 1700kg muscle car. With these specs, the car completes the Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course with a time of 1'33.942 on sports soft tires, while on N3 tires, it completes it in 1'38.136. As you can see, this is indeed a fast car. No doubt it will give faster car a run for their money.

83075090.jpg

Laguna Seca can be completed in 1'32.207 with road tires, and in 1'27.760 with sports soft tires. Its handling, its looks, its just perfect. Whitewall tires just add to the fun.

79090145.jpg

El Capitan was completed in 1'49.232 with road tires, 1'43.554 if using sports soft tires. No doubt all of these times are just benchmarks for you to get an idea of the performance of this car. You will enjoy it, especially if you are fond of old sports car. Keep in mind, though, this is no old man to mess with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back