Austra-Manx Motorsport Tuning, updated 12-09-09 with AMMT 2002!

• Thread starter senamic
  • 220 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMMT SolsticeS

solstice6s.jpg

Okay then, the way that the automotive industry has gone, perfomance cars carry different tags.
Take for example the following:

solstice3s.jpg

This is an M3. Well, an M3 GTR to be precise. It is a work of genius, but it says certain things about, well, you know, your manhood. Sure it is spectacular to drive, but if you drive one you must be compensating for something.

Next victim:

solstice5s.jpg

Ahhh the Zonda C12S. What a nice car, a hypercar to trump the rest in terms of lunacy. Technical marvel as well, to tell the truth. Buuttttt, well, you know. You look like an idiot. The car will draw a crowd, but you will only draw ridicule.

And herein lies the problem. You see, their are not that many 'stylish' performance cars, cars that will be fast around a track, but at the same time will get you through life fast. No divorce, lawsuit or midlife crisis is ever far away from a performance car (or people carrier, but lets not go there). What is needed in the industry is a performance car that looks sporty, fun and stylish.

Now the good news. The evil Empire, otherwise known as General Motors, discontinued the Pontiac brand earlier this year. Guess which company managed to get the rights to use the Solstice chassis dirt cheap? That's right, AMMT had found a stylish base for its performance car. We were permitted to produce a run of cars following the chassis and bodywork of the Pontiac Solstice Coupe Concept from 2002, and so we set to work.

solstice1s.jpg

We took the stock Solstice, and added the following:​
Racing Exhaust (legalised, as the four-potter lacks excessive noise even now)
ECU Control Chip
N/A Tuning Stage 1
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Prop Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
S3 Tyres
Oil Change
New Wheels (Optional)

We then tuned the car to the following settings, reproduced with kind permission of AMMT below:

LSD
Initial Torque: 5
LSD Acceleration: 33
LSD Deceleration: 22

Suspension
Spring Rate: 8.7/8.2
Ride Height: 86/104
Damper Bound: 4/7
Damper Rebound: 7/8
Camber Angle: 2.8/1.3
Toe Angle: 0/1
Stabiliser: 3/5

Gears
Auto: 7
Final: 4.000
1st: 2.849
2nd: 1.997
3rd: 1.543
4th: 1.207
5th: 0.983
6th: 0.820

Brake Balance
Front: 3
Rear: 4

Driving Aids and Ballast Weight
None of that at all.

solstice2s.jpg

After doing this, we were left with a carthat went from 243 BHP to 324 BHP, and down in weight from 1318kg to 1120kg. This led to a weight to power ratio of 3.459, as opposed to the stock cars pitiful 5.419. The car will do the following:

0-60: 4.5 seconds
0-100: 9.9 seconds
0-100-0: 13.3 seconds
C-Max: 160.09 MPH

solstice8s.jpg

In the AMMT SolsticeS, we have merged style, profile, and power. We have created a work of art, but one that is such both mechanically and aesthetically. Against the Zonda and M3, the SosticeS was the top performer. It was more balanced, and more well rounded, with none of the stigma associated with its opposition.

solstice7s.jpg

The AMMT SosticeS is a truly effortless car to drive, but delivers performance on par, if not above, that of it's contemporaries. AMMT are already producing a race version, set to debut soon, and if this car is anything to go by, the race model will peform.

solstice4s.jpg

AmMT SolsticeS - Style, Profile, Power

Its a great car in the twisties!

Ford SuperKa

IMG0109.jpg

Power: 193 BHP/ 5000rpm
Torque: 180.10 ft.lb/ 2500rpm
Weight: 907kg

Parts list:

- Sports Exhaust
- Brake Ballance Controller
- Turbo Kit Stage 2
- Post Polishing
- Racing Chip
- Twin-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- 1 Way LSD
- Semi Racing Suspension
- S3 Tyres
- Weight Reduction Stage 2
- Stiffness Upgrade (optional, Cr. 30,000)
- Oil Change

Cost: Cr.69,170 (Note: This is without stiffness upgrade!)

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring Rate: 3.0 / 2.7
Ride Height: 112 / 120
Damper: 5 / 6
Camber: 1.0 / 0.5

Brake Ballance Controller:

Brakes: 4 / 5

Sure, on a circuit you want a Ford GT, but there are a few things in your way. Firstly, cost. At nearly Cr. 150,000 it ain't cheap. Second, practicality. The boot is useless, the car is so low that it is an act of self-humiliation just to get in and out, and the car is soooo wide! Try driving through a town and then say that the width is okay! Finally, in the city the car has so much wasted potential. Who needs 500 BHP if you cant use it?

Thats where the SuperKa comes in. On the outside, it is the good ol' Ford Ka, and with a boot, normal seats, and some other creature comforts, it visually the same as your average Ka. As such, you will not have to emply a snowplow to clear the crowds when you want to pop over to the shops. However, the Ka has no Suons insulation anymore, and gone too are a few of the regular features. The bonnet is now carbon fibre, for example. The engine's power is now up to 193 BHP, thanks to a powerful little turbo bolted to the inline 4 engine. Couple this with a sports exhaust and you have one hell of a noise. Take that, rice burners!

We at AMMT have the luxury of affording a GT to compare with our SuperKa. We went to Citta di Arria, and the showdown commenced. We weren't simply looking for speed. We were also looking for fun, and driveability around this town. First, the GT.
IMG0117.jpg

Now lets get this straight, the GT is just gorgeous to look at, but the looks were not all that was on my mind when I hopped in. This is a wide car. It costs Cr.150,000. These are narrow streets.Damn, this is nerve-racking. I set off.
IMG0114.jpg

The GT felt like a great car, and having driven them on tracks on several occassions, I knew its potential. But it was horrible to drive through the town. I was afraid for every second, and although I eventually set a fast lap of 1 minute 38 seconds, I got out as white as a sheet.
IMG0112.jpg

The GT is a beautiful car, but it was no fun in the town's twisty, narrow streets. It just took too much effort.
IMG0110.jpg

Now, the SuperKa. I got in, and as we had the option pack with the added rollcage, I smiled as I sat in the cabin. It was a funky car. 190BHP going to the front wheels, for goodness sake! I began my drive.
IMG0106.jpg

The SuperKa maxes out at around 140MPH, but it felt fast doing 40. It was such a fun car, and it felt sooo fast. I was never afraid, as its Diff did its job well, and while there was wheelspin in the first two gears, that just added to the fun!
IMG0108.jpg

I loved every moment that I spent in this car, and was severely disappointed when I found out that my fastest lap was a 1 minute 52 second flyer. But lets think. The SuperKa is half the price. It is far more practical. And it is such a joy to drive. I looked at the GT. I looked at the SuperKa. And that night, I drove home in the SuperKa.

Happy Hunting!

AMMT

Its a great car in the twisties!

Ummm... Thank you? Thanks for the compliment, and if you wish, you can do a more in depth review sometime. Just seems like an awful lot to copy and paste the whole tune for one sentence... Thank you though, for your advice!

I was going to review the Solstice, but buggered if I'm going to silver the S-licence just for this car. Is there another car on S3s that you'd like reviewed?

PF
I was going to review the Solstice, but buggered if I'm going to silver the S-licence just for this car. Is there another car on S3s that you'd like reviewed?

I don't have anything else that I think you would like in the garage right now, but I have a car that I will be releasing this weekend that might tickle your fancy. All that I will say is that it is not a seriously fast car (i.e. I haven't tuned it for lap times), it is Japanese, mid-engined, and a lovely toy for throwing around tracks like Capri! If you like the look of that, then I would suggest you review that (I will PM the stats to you when I put the car up, so that you do not have to read through a long and, no doubt, boring write up!

I don't have anything else that I think you would like in the garage right now, but I have a car that I will be releasing this weekend that might tickle your fancy. All that I will say is that it is not a seriously fast car (i.e. I haven't tuned it for lap times), it is Japanese, mid-engined, and a lovely toy for throwing around tracks like Capri! If you like the look of that, then I would suggest you review that (I will PM the stats to you when I put the car up, so that you do not have to read through a long and, no doubt, boring write up!

Sweet mate, sign me up. And I hope it's more easily available thaqn the Solstice

It is more available. In fact, it may be more MR than Japan can handle, if you catch my drift!
Mate, I'm sure that's a really bad pun, but only 'bad' cause I don't get it.

I'm going through to review some of the cars from garages I've been neglecting, and I don't recall doing any by Codename or S-Line/Nenad. Do you chaps have any you'd particularly like done?

You are on your own, buddy. :lol: The only cars I got review from (if I recall correctly) are the Superbird and the M550. Feel free to choose from Nenad's cars or mine. 👍

Hey there Codename, I've been testing the NSX Concept and it really does tickle my fancy. Have tried it with S1, S@ and S3 and all are well. Tried S1s for an enduro and it worked well. Be back soon, got a student waiting.

EDIT: It doesn't give away many Aspec, but it's a lot of fun to drive around.

Last edited:
Three models planned for the next few days. Two fun ones on S3s (although one will try and kill you, and is an expert only car), and one race model (of the Solstice).

Sorry for not posting setups and not commenting here. I had no internet connection because I moved. But I've got good news, too: More than 10 cars from me will be released in the next few days. ;)

Sorry for not posting setups and not commenting here. I had no internet connection because I moved. But I've got good news, too: More than 10 cars from me will be released in the next few days. ;)

YAY, you're back!!!!! ;)

Thanks for the good news Nenad! Good to see you back here at AMMT!

Thanks, Lachlan! I want to ask you something: Is there a reason you've added a wing to that beautiful DB9? I'm asking because I've got a 'Nürburgring killer setup' for that car ready to be posted, which doesn't include a wing and the car's on R3's. Also, mine has got 680 hp, whereas yours has got 671 hp.

AMMT MR2s

No pretty pics or write up yet, but here is a car that I have been toying with for a while. It is not the fastest that it could be, but this car is intended to be fun to drive. Take it to Costa di Amalfi and see for yourself...

Car: Toyota MR2 V-Edition (J) '02

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
ECU Chip
Turbo Stage 3
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Stiffness
Wing
Fully Customisable LSD
Oil Change
S3 Tyres
New Wheels (Optional)

Settings

Downforce

Downforce: 27/30

LSD
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 9

Suspension

Spring Rate: 2.8/4.7
Ride Height: 89/96
Damper Bound: 5/6
Damper Rebound: 6/8
Camber: 3.0/1.2
Toe: 0/0
Stabiliser: 5/4

Transmission
A: 8
F: 4.000
1: 2.524
2: 1.794
3: 1.428
4: 1.127
5: 0.909
6: 0.767

Brakes
Balance: 3/4

Ballast
Weight 0
Front/Rear: 0

Driving Aids
ASM Understeer: 0
ASM Oversteer: 0
Traction Control: 0

And some figures:

Stock MR2
Power: 138 BHP
Weight: 980 KG

AMMT MR2
Power: 291 BHP
Weight: 891 KG

And some of our recorded statistics:

0-60: 4.3s
0-100: 9.4s
0-100-0: 13.1s
V-Max: 172.5 MPH
1/4 mile: 12.6s
1 Km: 22.5s

AMMT

Senamic’s MR2

This is a nice tune for a nice car. I’ve used the older MR2s before for ASpec stuff and have never really been able to tune MR(drivetrain)s like this so was intrigued from the start.

Cornering is very good, as long as you have the right speed, as will be discussed next. It’s sensitive with the steering (presumably front camber?) but not too touchy. While it can be pushed through corners in quite a satisfying manner, the corner- and exit-speed are lower than they seem like while driving.

My biggest problems were unpredictable understeer and tricky braking/decel. It can understeer horribly while braking/decelerating, and doesn’t allow much chance to alter the line halfway through the corner. If you brake in a straight line and hit the apex it works beautifully, but exit speed still ain’t great. You can get it to powerslide quite effectively through corners, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it consistently; this is quite likely driver error. But I did want a bit more play in the back end, so you could hit throttle/wheel/brake and use the back tyres to slide through a corner rather than into a wall, as was my more frequent experience.

The car is well planted during high-speed sections, but again, understeer is a problem if you don’t pick exactly the right braking point and corner line. But it’s remarkably stable for its weight etc. Speaking of weight and high speed, this was what really got to me: the car needs to be nursed around tight corners, which all too often entails being hit by the AI. The MR2 is so light that the slightest touch by AI=a 50m slide into the barrier because the tyres can’t regain grip. Had I time to spare (I don’t) it’d be cool to test it with 30-50kg in the boot, to give a bit more solid body for the AI to hit, and to lessen the contact of the fronts. It’s probably a stupid idea, but I’ll give it a go.

I reckon it’d be better with a slightly softer front (perhaps allowing the front camber to be brought back in a bit) and a moderately stiffer rear (though I haven’t tried these). I’m guessing this would cut out some of the understeer while allowing the rear to be pushed out with more ease. Front downforce of 27 (IIRC) seems excessive and probably contributes to this also.

In all, an excellent tune for this car. All the better IMO because I think it has potential even beyond its current performance.

Gotta go, might update this review, might not

PF, the car wouldn't understeer that much, if you set the front downforce amount at 15. And also, softer rear springs would help (A setting of 6.0 / 4.5 may work, but I'm not sure: I'm going to tune this car right away ;)). Plus, there's way too much front camber (A setting between 2.0 and 2.5 would work better, though). This is just speculation, I'm going to test-drive senamic's MR2 and then tune one (Maybe the MR2 SC) myself.

Aston Martin DB-SR '09

IMG0000-1-1.jpg

IMG0001-2-1.jpg

IMG0003-2.jpg

IMG0002-2.jpg

Power: 680hp/6000U/min
Torque: 796.15 nm/5000U/min
Weight: 1419 kg

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Racing Brakes
- NA Tuning Stage 3
- Port Polishing
- Engine Balancing
- Racing Chip
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC Suspension
- R3 Tyres
- Weight Reduction Stage 3
- Oil Change
- New wheels

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 10.5 / 9.0
Ride Height: 115 / 115
Bound: 6 / 5
Rebound: 7 / 6
Camber: 1.5 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 4 / 3

Transmission:

1st: 4.104
2nd: 2.740
3rd: 2.010
4th: 1.570
5th: 1.285
6th: 1.102
Final: 2.500
Auto: 19

Brakes: 4 / 7

Limited Slip Differential:

Initial: 10
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 15

Driving Aids:

TCS: 0

This is a special edition of the Aston Martin DB9. It was painted gold and new rims made of pure gold were installed. Its sound is amazing. You can even hear the V12 roar in 1 km distance and you know that something special is going to pass you: The Aston Martin DB-SR. It has got 680 hp, weights only 1419 kilograms and has almost 800 nm to offer! It's the street legal racing machine. The suspension was tuned to its finest, new racing brakes were installed and new high-end racing tyres were put on. The result is a supercar-killer. Usually, you'll see a fully tuned Aston Martin DB9 (Note: It has got 671 hp, this one has 680 hp!) having a wing, but this one hasn't. The suspension and limited slip differential do their work. Also, you usually think the car's on R4 tyres, but it isn't. These are R3 ones. And if you see one with R3's, it wasn't fully tuned. So, all that means, that this car is unique and that noone else ever tried to tune it fully without wing (Well, there's people who tried, but haven't succeeded). We did it! You don't trust us? Then go, try it out and you'll see that this car was tuned to perfection.

Dodge Viper SRT-1032-J '09

IMG0004-2.jpg

IMG0005-2.jpg

Power: 1032hp/5600U/min
Torque: 1348.87 nm/5000U/min
Weight: 1272 kg

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Racing Brakes
- NA Tuning Stage 3
- Port Polishing
- Engine Balancing
- Racing Chip
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC Suspension
- R3 Tyres
- Oil Change
- New wheels

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 7.5 / 7.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 5 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 6
Camber: 1.5 / 1.5
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 5 / 4

Transmission:

1st: 3.518
2nd: 2.285
3rd: 1.645
4th: 1.270
5th: 1.030
6th: 0.875
Final: 2.500
Auto: 21

Brakes: 5 / 6

Initial: 20
Acceleration: 50
Deceleration: 40

Downforce:

Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids:

The Dodge Viper SRT-1032-J. The "1032" obviously stands for the horsepower amount of the car. The "J" stands for Jet... Because this car is a Jet. The horsepower amount was more than doubled and the suspension was tuned, as were the brakes. The car weights only 1272 kg, but still it has 1350 nm to offer. "Wait. 1350 nm? :eek:" *After a few minutes* "OK, alright, I got it. You can go on.". With the suspension tuned by us, you're able to drive (Better say fly) at a speed of 350 km/h over hills (e.g. at Schwedenkreuz) and the car will still be stable and have traction. By the way, driving aids are turned off, so be careful. The brakes were improved, too. The braking distances are much more shorter now, but you should be careful with not braking too late or you'll end up with understeer in the corner. With that said, don't come back and cry the car understeers. It can be driven on its limits without understeer, you just have to find the driving style, which is wanted by the car. The limited slip differential was tuned, also. The car now handles more precise and it's more stable than ever. A wing was installed, too, in order to be able to get the best out of the car at any time. Have fun with this monster! 👍

MUSTANG SVT Cobra R by Ethan Norton

img0017rd.jpg

Power: 480HP/6250rpm
Torque: 670.03NM/4250rpm
Weight: 1351kg​

Parts list:

- Sports Exhaust
- NA Tuning Stage 1
- Engine Balancing
- Port Polishing
- Racing Brakes
- FC Suspension
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC LSD
- S3 Tires
- Oil Change
- New wheels (OZ 006)

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 7.0 / 9.0
Ride Height: 125 / 135
Bound: 2 / 6
Rebound: 4 / 7
Camber: 2.5 / 1.5
Toe: -1 / 1
Stabilizers: 2 / 3

Transmission:

1st: 2.809
2nd: 1.915
3rd: 1.438
4th: 1.162
5th: 0.980
6th: 0.838
7th: -----
Final: 3.100
Auto: 13

Brakes: 7 / 5

Initial: 10
Acceleration: 30
Deceleration: 10

Downforce:

Amount: 0 / 0

Driving Aids:

The Ford Mustang (or MUSTANG, as represented in the game) SVT Cobra R is arguably one of the most interesting cars I drove in Gran Turismo 4 so far. My deep love for the car made me want to feature it in my race report story (link in my signature), which I finally did, in the form of Ethan Norton's stock Mustang. Later however, it would be time for Ethan to tune the car, which hasn't happened yet, but eventually will. This is the result of that tuning process.

With no radio, air conditioning, or back seat, plus 385HP under the hood, and exactly the same number of torque (385ft·lbf), it isn't strange that this model was much more capable track wise than the normal Mustang. However, changes have been done, and they are easily noticeable from the first ride.

Good ol' Ethan tuned the car to his likes, and the result has been a massive weight reduction of almost 300 kilograms, a finely tuned engine and drivetrain set up accordingly, along with newly installed racing brakes, brake balance controller, and finally, slicker yet road legal tires. Last touch was an external yet conservative addition of OZ wheels. Proving to be much more controllable than the normal SVT Cobra R, this unique piece of engineering has been tested outside of Capri's boundaries (Ethan's home), from the warm Tsukuba circuit, with a lap time of 55.992 seconds, to the benchmark circuit of Finland's best tuners, Grand Valley Speedway, with a result of 1'55.897 minutes. Understeer is minimal when compared to the stock car, wheelspin has been dealt with, though it does exists in first gear, and with stronger brakes to help the car stop faster, there's little that can be improved in Ethan Norton's car of choice, the Ford MUSTANG SVT Cobra R. Drive with caution...

Tuner announcement:

The BMW M5 Hurricane+ '09 setup was updated. Further information in the setup post. Please, everyone who's tested this car, do it again, because this setting change makes a huge difference and the car is 1.5 seconds faster now. Thanks!

Lotus Elysion '08

img0018ro.jpg

Power: 641HP/6500rpm
Torque: 661.99NM/4250rpm
Weight: 1173kg​

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Engine Balancing
- Port Polishing
- Turbo Kit Stage 3
- Sports Intercooler
- Racing Brakes
- FC Suspension
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- S3 Tires
- Oil Change
- New wheels (LO0236)
- GT Wing (3D Type BB)

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 8.0 / 10.0
Ride Height: 115 / 115
Bound: 3 / 4
Rebound: 3 / 5
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: -1 / 0
Stabilizers: 2 / 4

Transmission:

1st: 2.464
2nd: 1.606
3rd: 1.187
4th: 0.958
5th: 0.798
6th: -----
7th: -----
Final: 3.500
Auto: 14

Brakes: 8 / 6

Initial: 15
Acceleration: 20
Deceleration: 25

Downforce:

Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids:

Performance through lightweight. That is Colin Chapman's well known motto, which was the base for the building of this new Lotus Esprit based car.
Sharing the same chassis and exterior looks of the Lotus Esprit V8, with a minor exception coming from the new carbon fiber rear wing and wheels borrowed from the Lotus Elise 190, this car could not be any more different than the Esprit, performance and mechanical wise.

The engine's ports have been polished for an improved respone, and the piston, crankshaft and conrod weights have been carefully balanced, reducing friction inside the engine and increasing power output. A highly tuned turbo kit, originally developed for the Lotus Omega, was installed in the car, along with a sports intercooler for greater cooling efficiency. New brakes and brake balance controller have also been installed, to increase braking performance along with stability during braking. Other uprades include a limited slip differential, a racing oriented suspension and a whole drivetrain overhaul, including a triple-plate clutch, a racing flywheel, and of course, a new transmission that tops out at 333km/h suited to the car. The mass of the car has been reduced to a lightweight 1173 kilograms by replacing the standard wing with a carbon fiber one, carbon fiber racing seats and a fiberglass hood. The car comes in an exclusive color, Calypso Red.

Performance has been measured in three different tests, with the following results:

0 - 400m: 11.077 (speed traps hint at 222km/h).
0 - 1000m: 19.349 (speed traps hint at 292km/h).
Max speed: 333km/h. The car hits the redline at 308km/h, and the speed will go down once you hit exactly 334km/h.

The famous Grand Valley Speedway course has been completed in no less than 1'50.663 minutes, proof of the Elysion's highly competitive performance.

Named after the Elysian Fields, the final resting place of the souls of the heroic and the virtuous, this car will send you there without hesitation if you happen to underestimate its potential.

Last edited:
This is a new level of tuning, Lucas! Great car, with a great description... What else would someone want? I'm happy to have you here. :) 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back