Austra-Manx Motorsport Tuning, updated 12-09-09 with AMMT 2002!

• Thread starter senamic
  • 220 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a drive of "Ethan's" Cobra R, Lucas.

It does well on throttle and initial turn-in under braking, but refuses to rotate at all under coast; unfortunately this means my driving style does not work whatsoever with the car and as a result turned rather disappointing lap times (1:35ish at Trial Mountain). It's very nearly impossible to upset but that coast understeer... Just kills it. I saw some improvement by using a bit more front bound and less rebound but that resulted in understeer while braking.

Thanks for making me start taking another look at this thing though, I think I've found something that fixes that coast understeer that's screwed this car in my eyes every time I've tried tuning it myself. ;)

Thanks for the review, Kyle. 👍 Admittedly, I have never drove the car in Trial Mountain, so I shall drive it there to compare our times.

I have indeed noticed that the car understeers under coast, but since we are different persons, and I have tuned the car according to my style, then it's only normal that I find it more comfortable than you. However, I will take into account the understeer under coast, and will see if I can do anything to fix it.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want a car done. 👍

I wouldn't call it much of a review mate, more just notes. I reckon the Esprit (another nemesis of mine) is more deserving of a proper review.

A bit late, but.

Thanks for that beautiful Viper, I decided to throw some S1's on it and hit up El Capitan 200 miles. I think im up by two laps, i can't remember, haha!

Pete.

A bit late, but.

Thanks for that beautiful Viper, I decided to throw some S1's on it and hit up El Capitan 200 miles. I think im up by two laps, i can't remember, haha!

Pete.

You haven't tested the Viper shown in this thread. You used other tyres, which was a big mistake. Put on some R3's and you'll see its real potential. That's all I can say. :indiff:

Admittedly, I have never drove the car in Trial Mountain, so I shall drive it there to compare our times.

I have done this yesterday, and here's what I have to say:

I did noticed there's understeer while coasting, and that's why I maintained throttle whenever it was possible, however, that resulted in wheelspin in some places of the track, namely the first tunnel, the uphill after the second split, and the downhill right handed corner before the third split. My first lap was of 1'32.173, my second one of 1'30.490, and my last one of 1'29.129, so I can say that the times vary pretty much on the person and the driving style. 👍

Now I understand why you offered to tune GT4 Car's for me Nenad, nice lineup of tunes guys!;)👍
Rusty*

Okay guys AMMT is going to recieve a big rennovation over the next week or so, so everyone please stay patient, as there may be changes, broken links, etc. while we get it all together!

Mercedes SL65 AMG Devil Series '09

sl65amgsmall-2.jpg

sl65amgredsmall-2.jpg

Power: 999hp/5500U/min
Torque: 1418.45 nm/2000-4000U/min
Weight: 1683 kg

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Racing Brakes
- Brake Ballance Controller
- Turbo Kit Stage 4
- Racing Intercooler
- Port Polishing
- Engine Balancing
- Racing Chip
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC Suspension
- R3 Tyres
- Weight Reduction Stage 3
- Oil Change
- New wheels

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 6.0 / 8.0
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 5
Camber: 1.0 / 2.0
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 3 / 4

Transmission:

1st: 3.978
2nd: 2.535
3rd: 1.825
4th: 1.420
5th: 1.170
Final: 2.000
Auto: 19

Brake Ballance Controller:

Brakes: 3 / 6

Limited Slip Differential:

Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Driving Aids:

ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

You thouhgt the regular SL65 AMG is powerful? - Yes, sure it is. But it's not powerful enough for us at AMMT. :mischievous: We have tuned it to its limits. The car puts out brute 1000 horsepower and now weights only 1683 kilograms, which is more than 300 kilograms less compared to the regular SL65 AMG. Now it offers more than 1400 nm of torque, which is unbelievable. The engine and chassis aren't the only things we've tuned. The suspension was rebuilt. Now the car can reach speeds of over 350 km/h and higher corner speeds are available. 'And... Such a car needs a wing... Where is it?' - Nowhere. There is no wing. It's not needed: We've installed other chassis parts which improve the car's aerodynamics. 'Such a high speed... What about the brakes?' - The best brakes you can install. The brakes we've installed are very, very strong, allowing late braking points and shorter braking distances compared to the regular SL65 AMG. 'Alright, but you haven't told me the new car's name...' - It's called Mercedes SL65 AMG Devil Series. It's limited to 125 examples in the whole world, so if you're not fast enough, you'll miss the ultimate driving experience.

Working on a halloween car, will be a bit late. Happy halloween all!

Thanks Nenad, I am working on a couple of cars, one will be reminiscent of a song by Blue Öyster Cult and the other... Well, can't tell you yet!

I haven't forgotten my statement to release a couple of cars... Just been busy. Don't worry, they will be up as soon as I am satisfied with the quality of the tunes. I will tip you guys off a bit, one is a TVR and one is a Nissan (is the Blue Öyster Cult reference making sense yet?).

AMMT 2002
Based on a BMW 2002 Turbo '73
Pictures when Photobucket starts allowing me in!

Parts list:

Oil Change
Sports Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Engine Balancing
Port Polish
Fully Customisable Transmission
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 3 Turbo
Large Racing Intercooler
Racing Suspension
S3 Tyres
Wing (3D DB)
New Wheels

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 4.5 / 4.2
Ride Height: 103 / 103
Bound: 7 / 6
Rebound: 8 / 7
Camber: 2.0 / 1.0
Toe: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 5 / 4

Transmission:

1st: 3.257
2nd: 2.276
3rd: 1.699
4th: 1.326
5th: 1.083
6th: 0.925
Final: 3.100
Auto: 8

Brakes: 4 / 5

Initial: 5
Acceleration: 12
Deceleration: 5

Driving Aids:

Downforce

Front: 24
Rear: 30

At AMMT we have always loved Sports Sedans, and we wanted to make one of our own. Here it is! Suited for club racing, the AMMT 2002 produces 337 BHP at 5800rpm, thanks to a gutsy update to the turbo. Weight is down to just 950KG, giving the AMMT 2002 a weight to power ration of 2.820. And it will lap the Nurburgring on its sports tyres in under 7 and a half minutes. Not bad for a car that is over 35 years old!

AMMT

Last edited:
Mercedes SL65 AMG SR Edition '09

IMG0078.jpg

Power: 764hp/5500U/min
Torque: 1234.21 nm/2000-4000U/min
Weight: 2140 kg

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Racing Brakes
- Turbo Kit Stage 1
- Racing Intercooler
- Racing Chip
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC Suspension
- S3 Tyres
- Wing
- Oil Change
- New wheels

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 6.0 / 7.5
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 6 / 4
Rebound: 6 / 5
Camber: 0.7 / 2.1
Toe: 0 / 2
Stabilizers: 4 / 3

Transmission:

1st: 3.442
2nd: 2.475
3rd: 1.845
4th: 1.440
5th: 1.156
Final: 2.530
Auto: 8

Brakes: 3 / 6

Initial: 10
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Downforce:

Front: 30

Weight:

Ballast: + 112

Driving Aids:

This is the road legal SL65 AMG. Putting out 764 hp and weighing 2140 kilograms, it puts out 1234.21 nm. It may be heavy on paper, but when you push the start button and give throttle, you'll think you're being in a lightweight racecar. It performs like one. Suspension, brakes, Limited Slip Differential... Everything has been tuned. To perfection. Buy it, drive it, love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuner announcement:

The following cars will be released soon:

- BMW 330i
- BMW M Coupe
- Honda DUALNOTE
- Jaguar S-Type R
- Jaguar XKR R-Performance
- Jaguar XJ220 Road car
- Honda NSX
- Callaway C12
- Amusa S2000 GT1
- RUF 3400S
- RUF RGT
- Suzuki GSX-R/4
- TVR Cerbera Speed 12
- Hyundai Clix Concept

Can't wait to see them Nenad. If I get a chance I'll definetly be testing the S2000 and maybe the RGT. If I do i'll tell you what I think of them. Cheers, Cougar23

Honda DEVILNOTE '10

DualnoteSmallPic.jpg

Power: 576hp
Torque: 529 nm
Weight: 1190 kg

Parts list:

- Racing Exhaust
- Racing Brakes
- NA Tuning Stage 3
- Port Polishing
- Engine Balancing
- Racing Chip
- FC Transmission
- Triple-plate Clutch
- Racing Flywheel
- FC LSD
- Carbon Driveshaft
- FC Suspension
- R3 Tyres
- Weight Reduction Stage 3
- Wing
- Oil Change
- New wheels

Settings:

Suspension:

Spring rate: 7.5 / 8.5
Ride Height: 60 / 70
Bound: 6 / 6
Rebound: 7 / 7
Camber: 1.0 / 2.0
Toe: -2 / 1
Stabilizers: 3 / 4

Transmission:

1st: 4.876
2nd: 3.212
3rd: 2.360
4th: 1.850
5th: 1.530
6th: 1.310
Final: 2.500
Auto: 18

Brakes: 4 / 6

Initial: 10 / 10
Acceleration: 30 / 30
Deceleration: 20 / 20

Downforce:

Front: 30

Driving Aids:

Formerly known as the Honda DUALNOTE, the car was powerful enough. But for us at AMMT it wasn't. We tuned this car to its limit, getting 576 horsepower out of the engine. Now the car puts out 529 nm and weights only 1190 kg, thanks to reducing the weight. We've also added a wing, thus higher speeds through corners are possible. What we didn't like was the car's name... After testing it, we came to the conclusion to call it Honda DEVILNOTE, because we were surprised how good it was after all tuning. The car may be partly white, but it has a dark soul inside it. Leave it out and you'll see why it is called DEVILNOTE. :mischievous:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys... Especially Senamic.

Sorry to say that me and Nenad will leave the garage. The reason is because we feel like AMMT is dead and we need a new garage. But no worry because we will keep in touch with this garage. And Maj (Apokalipse) will join our new garage so I hope that you won't be too dissapointed with this and good luck for the remaining days of you with the AMMT.

Yours sincerely,
Ahmad...

I also want to say Goodbye to AMMT. It was a great experience I will never forget and I want to thank you, Lachlan, for adding me to the fold. Without you, I wouldn't even start tuning cars in GT4. Thanks a lot for that! 👍

As Ahmad has already stated, we'll stay in touch with you and feel free to tell us, when you need something. :)

Regards,

Nenad

P.S.: That RUF RGT-RS is my Christmas gift especially for you, Lachlan. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back