Auto Port

• Thread starter FAT_MAN
  • 87 comments
12 sec., when I make really powerful cars (800 HP+) I add downforce and grip. They are loads of fun to drive IMO and turn very nicely. I reccomend the Civic...

Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
Well, I put 787B tires on an F094/S and it didnt change the looks at all. Maybe thats because its on the F094/S.

Well, there has to be some MR car that will fit under the body of the Civic. How about the Toyota MRS JGTC?

I am sure I might find something.

Also, lets say I put on the 350Z tires, will I be stuck with the 350Z's unchangeable rims?

Yeah you can change the rims...

Not sure why U don't see a differenece with the 787b tires on the f094/s, the difference in rim size is quite evident.

On the MR chassis, the Civic SIR wheelbase is 2570mm, the Autobacs is 2450mm, as I said the closest MR is an NSX, like the raybirg. Not sure if U read this in the other thread, so I'll post it again.

As for the body/chassis swap, these are fairly easy.
1-Decide what body U want to use,
2-Open up the change parts list for chassis,
3-Find the chassis for that body on the list,
4-Note the wheel base of that chassis,
5-Now put your cursor on the top of the wheelbase column (where it says wheelbase) and hold in the left mouse button and drag the column all the way to the left,
6-Click the "sort 1st col" button,
7-Now go down the list to find the wheel base of your body and U will see all others with similar wheelbases grouped together. It's generally best to choose one that is within 25-40mm of the original. Generally the lighter weight ones will give U the best handling, but other things like the drivetrain type of the car the chassis comes from also play into it.

So I'm guessing putting a Loctite Zexel GT-R chassis on a Nismo Skyline isn't the best idea since the latter is 4WD and might not work well on a RWD chassis

It should work fine as far as the drive layout goes, and will fit perfectly as long as your talking about the Skyline GTR Rtune

I have so many more questions. If someone could take the time to answer them, it would very much appreciated. I am sure EVERYONE will benefit from the answers.

Just answer each question with yes or no:

---If I put an MR chassis in the Civic, and that was all I did:

Would it have a rear weight bias like an MR?

Would it still be Front Wheel drive?

Will it weigh as much as the car I got the chassis from?

The wheelbase(distance from front to back tires) and track(distance from left to right tires) are changed to the values of the donor cars' chassis, right?

---If I put an RR drivetrain in a Civic:

Would it be rear weight bias as well?

Does this solely effect what tires are being powered by the engine? Or does it have any other effects?

Does the drivetrain have any other properties of the donor car? i.e. Tire size, Wheel size, width of the track(Distance from left wheels to right wheels)?

Does the suspension only affect ride height and the suspension feel i.e. springs and camber settings and adjustability?

---If I put Z06 tires on a Miata:

Would that only affect the size of the wheel(rims) and width of the tire tread?

Would the "standard" or "stock" rims be from the Z06 or from the Miata?

Thats all I can think of right now. If there is anybody out there with the answer to these questions, PLEASE help me. I need your knowledge!!!

1-Yes, although maybe not as much as the donor car.

2-Yes

3-Yes

4-Yes and No. The track remains the same. A chassis swap actually changes the following specs. Weight, height, length and wheelbase.

5-Only if U also use an RR chassis

6-Well it will change how a car handles due to the fact that it changes the drive tires.

7-No

8-It also affects the grip setting. Some suspensions have higher grip settings than others. How much affect this actually has on a cars handling is debateable.

9-It also changes the diameter of the tire.

10-From the Miata. A cars stock rims are detirmined by the body, (they are part of the body code), that is why U can't put stock rims from 1 car onto another. However, a cars ability to change (buy) different rims is controlled by the cars name(carbase). So for instance if U take one of the cars that U cant buy rims for, and change the name to a car that can, U will be able to buy rims for it, save it, and then change it's name back.

;)

Put a lot of parts from different cars in, mainly Mugen S200 parts, but also some others. It should have around 8,000hp, I don't know what it's like though yet.

Attachments

• f686mugen majarvis.zip
    825 bytes · Views: 8
Originally posted by Majarvis
Put a lot of parts from different cars in, mainly Mugen S200 parts, but also some others. It should have around 8,000hp, I don't know what it's like though yet.

8,000 Horsepower? Come on, give me a break!

Make something fun to drive and I'll try it for you.

Something like a 2JZ MR2, or an S2000 powered Civic Type-R.

Those are more like conversions done by people everyday all over the world. I have seen lots of cars just like this. With similar engine swaps.

Are you putting loads of downforce on these cars? I mean like 3.00 in the rear or more.

You havent been able to test any of your cars yet, so you will soon see how undriveable an 8,000hp car is.

I wouldnt mind having one like 20,000hp car for test course.

If it has loads of grip I will be downloading it as soon as I get my PS2 back. 4 days after I get my Sharkport, my brother decides to borrow my PS2. Hes never borrowed it, so I just let him.

I am going to try your Civic as soon as I get it back. Which might be tonight.

I made this hybrid tonight, this is my first hybrid that is actually reasonable, with a sensible amount of power, only a bit more than a normal fully modded V-Spec II in the game, plus it rarer since you can't get it in the game without MKS and it's the last production model of the R34. It has, I'm guessing, around 1100hp, and will weigh the same as a V-Spec II with the Stage 3 Weight Reduction, anyway, give it a try and tell me what you think. BTW, it has a lot of Nismo GT-R R-Spec parts in it, like brakes.

Attachments

• skyline m-spec nur majarvis.zip
    895 bytes · Views: 7
Cool, I'll try them when I get the SharkPort on Monday, that's when it should be here.

Did you try my Skyline I just posted? If not, can you? I mean it should handle fine, it's basically just a normal Skyline, modded, with Nismo parts, and more power, it's my first "realistic" hybrid, in that it keeps it's original chassis and engine, and only uses that kind of cars parts.

BTW, when I say 'Load Date' I am referring to when I load things to and from my comp/PS2 since it is a hassle for me to always unhook my PS2, bring it to the comp, hook it up, do whatever, unhook, bring to TV, rehook, turn on and find I loaded the wrong thing and start over again :irked::lol:, so I just make dates when I load and upload everything at once. Unless its really really important, then I do it ASAP...

Oh ok cool, yeah, see for me that isn't a probelm cuz everything is in my one room, for example, my PC tower is on the right hand side of my computer chair, and to the left is my TV with the PS2 under it, so it's no problem for me once I get the SharkPort.

I have mine in the Computer room. The computer is in one corner and the TV with PS2 is on the opposite end on the other side so they are on seperate walls on seperate ends. If the cord was only 10 ft longer...

Latest Posts

Back