Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

Doesn't have career yet but you still have full customizable championships you can make. Basically can make your own career in a sense. Wait for a big sale again.

The racing life mod looks super interesting, I just don’t feel like modding a game for the millionth time.

I think mods eventually are going to be made easier by Reiza and will be a significant part of AMS2 in the future but they'll add some type of career. They said they would at least. Once you get into races though and start having fun for the basic fact of racing you forget more and more about careers. Especially when you can make karting championships already and move up from there. I'm looking forward to seeing what they add as a career designed in game.

The racing life mod looks super interesting, I just don’t feel like modding a game for the millionth time.
It's not so much a mod as it is a standalone program where it tells you what race to set up, and you manually track your results and such. It is a fair amount of extra effort for just some basic progression tracking, though.

Attachments

• Quad preview.jpg
    Quad preview.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 63
  • menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 63
How is single player in this game? Does it have a career structure similar to Pcars 2? I enjoyed the driving in the demo, but they didn’t show enough of the game.

I’m tempted to pick this up with all it’s dlc, $163 cad for everything. I regret not getting it when it was on sale a couple months back.

Doesn't have career yet but you still have full customizable championships you can make. Basically can make your own career in a sense. Wait for a big sale again.
I'd suggest getting Racing Life from Racedepartment (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/racing-life-ams-2-career-mode-companion-app.55558/). It's a separate app but gives some context like financials and fame to progress. If you want to see it "live", check out DDF Racer's YouTube channel where he enjoys Racing Life as Bulk Brogan.

EDIT: just realized that Racing Life has already been mentioned, I keep my post though, I do enjoy DDF's streams with it.

(playlist: ).

Last edited:
Automobilista 2 March 2023 Development Update

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Not sure when will have time any mods like Indy Car. I have done some formula cars recently. Never been huge formula car fan. I can however understand the excitement and following mainly outside USA. Cars with technology and speed similar to fighter jet planes. The speed junky adrenaline must be pretty sweet with those things in the real world.

Last edited:
Been a few good days with AMS2 over Easter holiday weekend. Similar to PC2, lots of cars and tracks. Okay not as many cars, however still good selection. Never was a formula car guy in PC2, there are a few that like in AMS2. With others still to try. Did play some PC2 over weekend also. AMS2 is just so more enjoyable with the better physics and better A.I.

For those that are only on console, sorry that your missing out. Just think of AMS2 being more or less what PC3 should of been.

I will have to try out the mod content next time have close to full week off work. If someone or Reza comes up with way to add mods without to much effort that would be great.

Using my 65 inch tv this weekend. AMS2 looks better then ever. Have only tried the big rigs a few times in the past and they were like tanks or large bricks. Decided to try again and what a difference. Actually enjoyed them and can see myself using them from time to time. This is my sample replay video from April 29th 2023.

Last edited:
Currently trying out the racecraft online racing events. Made it from rookie to bronze.
Not so sure about this. Would guess have spent 10 plus hours on racecraft over the last 10 days. Over those 10 days was really on narrow tracks that do not care that much about. The A.I. is at level 100 or above at least in the one or two events that was mostly A.I. and currently that is above my skill level. Will see how the events change over the next few weeks and maybe try one or two races per week. Lots of fun to still be had with offline, so many car classes and tracks to choose from. Still trying out different combinations to get more variety and find out what I enjoy the most. Did get experience on two tracks with racecraft that normally would not of tried, so that was a good result.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a skin pack for the formula classic gen 3 and 4? The ones from race departement for gen 3 are broken: graphic elements are missaligned and for classic gen4 I cannot find anything.

Does anyone know of a skin pack for the formula classic gen 3 and 4? The ones from race departement for gen 3 are broken: graphic elements are missaligned and for classic gen4 I cannot find anything.
Gen3 was renamed to Gen4, because they added a new Gen3
Thats why the old Gen3 liveries are misalligned (wrong cars )
You'll have to rename Gen3 folder to Gen4 and the xml file too.
Liveries for the new Gen3 are in the works afaik

So I've now driven many of the mods in Thunderflash's pack and they are fantastic. Group 5, GT3, GT1 are must haves. Its integration with the new AMS 2 content manage is flawless so far. It handled today's AMS 2 patch with no glitches whatsoever.
A couple of the cars still need a few tweaks but that's better discussed in his Discord group. Bravo to him and the growing AMS2 modding community.

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

Last edited:
Didn't even know they got the content manager released, was expecting it to take longer. The modding community really does have some great people involved in it.

Will have to check it out when I get a chance.

Back