Automobilista 2 - Discussion Thread

Oh My God Reaction GIF

Le Mans?!!!
I'm glad that you clarified your reaction is to Le Mans... and not Beezer's condition.

I've never really cared about rallycross so this will probably be the first content addition I don't get much use out of. Seems quite a few people have been requesting it though so I'm happy to see it added.

The Le Mans update on the other hand sounds like it will be epic.

I've never really cared about rallycross so this will probably be the first content addition I don't get much use out of. Seems quite a few people have been requesting it though so I'm happy to see it added.

The Le Mans update on the other hand sounds like it will be epic.
I was never for the most a rallycross fan. With that being said have done some rally races in PC2 and they were generally good experience. Actually from time to time will use rally cars on short asphalt tracks and there is fun to be had. Actually the rally lites in PC2 are very fun. Stadium off road trucks, buggies etc would be a blast.

Last edited:
Wanted to acknowledge and praise the in car and external sounds some of the newer mods have. Mods like the GT3 mods in Thunderflash's pack and others. They sound so much better than any of them sound in Project Cars 2 even though they're using the SMS platform. Not yet at Assetto Corsa level of accuracy and immersiveness but they will probably only get better with time.
Bravo Reiza and the modding community.

Feeling Happy with AMS2 and the mod makers.
Downloaded content manager and two car mods.
Took maybe only 30 minuets to get to work.
The content manager did not want to work first few tries - the application did not launch.

As soon as got it to work both car mods worked great and work first time.

For anyone that is hesitant with content manager relative easy to get mods to install and work.

Basically 4 day weekend ahead so will try to get a few hours in and try different car mods.

Had I known would be this easy would preferred to spend my time doing this instead of trying out racecraft online racing. Not sure if any better now, but my experience was not overally impressive with that.

All the mods that I have installed are working and in general are good to have and work well.

Last edited:
Finally got around to trying the content manager, so far it's been very easy to use although I have to figure out why the IndyCar mod disappeared after I installed a couple more cars.

Anyways, decided to try the Panoz GT1 at Monza with a random starting position and started 23rd. Obviously I need to adjust the AI strength a bit but felt it was still worth posting this screenshot just because I literally managed to get one more position by a hair.

close one.jpg

Formula 10 Gen 2

Something special about this car -- feels really great.

Not raced it that much, have done quite a few hot laps. Feels so good to drive that 5, 10 laps or more would just fly by in no time at all.

TRD files to make weather work in Sonoma. Go into the tracks folder and replace these files within their respective folders. (the names in these files titles.
See if these work for you.

(These files also up the AI grip level to try and make them more competitive but I'm not sure how well it works. They were still fairly slow)

Last edited:
I am going to say this to those GT players or Forza players that might occasionally stop by this thread.

AMS2 is now providing that WOW factor to me like maybe GT2, GT3 and even GT4 used to. Except in much better and different ways. I am currently very impressed with the immersion that AMS2 brings. Is it better at anyone thing (maybe not). When combined though, I believe the actual racing, car feel transferred visually and thru your racing wheel will be comparable or better then the select few.

GT7 has left me cold and distant. Despite recovering from medical condition over the weekend and positng a bunch of scape photos with the 32 Ford.

In current state AMS2 far surpasses PC2 in transferring the feel, excitment of a race or just running hot laps. The immersion is very real, you become focused on the car and track. You focus on the lap and not so much what lap it is or how many laps in the race. Wiill you pass the car in front of you this lap or the next. Will you be in position for the corner to have the best chance of gaining a position.

With the correct field of view, decent car set-up, good understanding of breaking what once was only a dream becomes reality for the time you are on the track.

I remember back in GT2, GT3, GT4 days of dreaming about what it would be like to have the Italian, German manufactures in a racing game. Now it is almost common place and quite frankly GT3/GT4 is being overused even though still one of my favorite racing classes.

I am using in car almost exclusive in AMS2. In car is so dull and behind the times in GT7.

In conclusion AMS2 has the wow factor if you like racing, GT7 not so much.

I bought my computer for AMS2 in 2020. I admit that first year was not overally impressed and even tried to cancel my steam purchase.

Hope to get back to feeling normal and having great races on AMS2.

I am also moving on to official AMS2 web site for forum post and maybe race department. Will occasionally post in GT Planet, there may be a time when decide to leave GT planet. Most likely next year after FM has been released and people have been playing it for a few months.

Last edited:
I am going to say this to those GT players or Forza players that might occasionally stop by this thread.

AMS2 is now providing that WOW factor to me like maybe GT2, GT3 and even GT4 used to. Except in much better and different ways. I am currently very impressed with the immersion that AMS2 brings. Is it better at anyone thing (maybe not). When combined though, I believe the actual racing, car feel transferred visually and thru your racing wheel will be comparable or better then the select few.

GT7 has left me cold and distant. Despite recovering from medical condition over the weekend and positng a bunch of scape photos with the 32 Ford.

In current state AMS2 far surpasses PC2 in transferring the feel, excitment of a race or just running hot laps. The immersion is very real, you become focused on the car and track. You focus on the lap and not so much what lap it is or how many laps in the race. Wiill you pass the car in front of you this lap or the next. Will you be in position for the corner to have the best chance of gaining a position.

With the correct field of view, decent car set-up, good understanding of breaking what once was only a dream becomes reality for the time you are on the track.

I remember back in GT2, GT3, GT4 days of dreaming about what it would be like to have the Italian, German manufactures in a racing game. Now it is almost common place and quite frankly GT3/GT4 is being overused even though still one of my favorite racing classes.

I am using in car almost exclusive in AMS2. In car is so dull and behind the times in GT7.

I bought my computer for AMS2 in 2020. I admit that first year was not overally impressed and even tried to cancel my steam purchase.

I can't comment on AMS2 as I can't run it on my potato laptop (I got AMS1) but if it's offering more than PC2 (SX) then I can only imagine the immersion you're enjoying.

One thing I will say & this goes for all racing games whether sim or arcade for immersion is turn off your HUDS people, so many people run with so much clutter on screen it's terrible, I understand it's a personal choice & if you need/want all the information on screen that's fine, but not knowing what lap you're on, position you're in, only going by feel what your tyres/brakes are doing, have you got enough fuel, does it feel like you've got damage, only using what the cars display tells you & if you're racing classics without all the built-in LCD telemetry screen information on your wheel then tough.

That's how they did it.

All the not knowing & just concentrating on the road ahead is what pulls me in.

Agree with you Mr. Grumpy that less can be better. In general, I have my hud info as minimal.
There have been a few times that had basically ran with no hud display.

One of the many things that impresses me with AMS2 is the in car rear view mirror, rear camera or side mirror display - just great and really adds to the immersion.

I am also moving on to official AMS2 web site for forum post and maybe race department. Will occasionally post in GT Planet, there may be a time when decide to leave GT planet. Most likely next year after FM has been released and people have been playing it for a few months.
I'm very glad you posted this because I'm making the switch to PC from Xbox. I've had a co-worker's PC for a couple of weeks now and he's going to assemble mine probably next week. I've been wondering what other games I should think about getting in addition to ACC and F1 23 that I already have. I've heard good things about AMS2 and I came to this thread to see if I could get some recommendations of what I should pick up within the game, if those things exist.

Now I'm a complete rookie at this PC stuff so I don't know what mods are and how they work and how you get them etc. so I'll just get the game and mess around with it at first to get my feet wet before I get into deeper things.

I'm very glad you posted this because I'm making the switch to PC from Xbox. I've had a co-worker's PC for a couple of weeks now and he's going to assemble mine probably next week. I've been wondering what other games I should think about getting in addition to ACC and F1 23 that I already have. I've heard good things about AMS2 and I came to this thread to see if I could get some recommendations of what I should pick up within the game, if those things exist.

Now I'm a complete rookie at this PC stuff so I don't know what mods are and how they work and how you get them etc. so I'll just get the game and mess around with it at first to get my feet wet before I get into deeper things.
My gaming laptop isn't really up to the task anymore, so I rarely play it (just got myself a PS5 Digital Edition and GT7 to have a smoother experience, was way cheaper than building a new PC) but AMS2 is a great one, awesome content. I personally never tried the AMS2 mods or the AMS2 Content Manager, for me the standard content is already more than enough (I do have the Season Pass, as well). As an inspiration, here's a post from RD about all the F1 stuff you can do in AMS2:

I mentioned this already in this thread but I'm a big fan of DDF Racer's AMS2 series using the app Racing Life. Racing Life is basically a career mode for AMS2 - while it's not actually connected to the game, it kind of gives you a purpose, a goal how to progress and different things to try out that you might have ignored. Plus Le Mans is coming (multiple track versions) and additional relevant cars (LMDH, new GT3s and older stuff, as well) alongside the already existing ones like Group C and GT1.

As far as DLC goes, have a look here:

PS: I'd also get Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition when it's on sale, the mod content is phenomenal.

My gaming laptop isn't really up to the task anymore, so I rarely play it (just got myself a PS5 Digital Edition and GT7 to have a smoother experience, was way cheaper than building a new PC) but AMS2 is a great one, awesome content. I personally never tried the AMS2 mods or the AMS2 Content Manager, for me the standard content is already more than enough (I do have the Season Pass, as well). As an inspiration, here's a post from RD about all the F1 stuff you can do in AMS2:

I mentioned this already in this thread but I'm a big fan of DDF Racer's AMS2 series using the app Racing Life. Racing Life is basically a career mode for AMS2 - while it's not actually connected to the game, it kind of gives you a purpose, a goal how to progress and different things to try out that you might have ignored. Plus Le Mans is coming (multiple track versions) and additional relevant cars (LMDH, new GT3s and older stuff, as well) alongside the already existing ones like Group C and GT1.

As far as DLC goes, have a look here:

PS: I'd also get Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition when it's on sale, the mod content is phenomenal.
Wow, thanks. I will certainly check this out. I think mine might be ready by this weekend. My co-worker wants me to bring everything in tomorrow so we can assemble it.

I have a feeling that once I get the PC up and running I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store, "I want this and this and this and oh that too." :)

Welcome!
All of AMS2 is good as far as I'm concerned. So whatever you're interested in is a must get. They just had the summer sale but sales are here and there.

Also when on sale, AC is still a must get seeing how cheap it is. You'll want to get content manager, CSP and Pure/SOL right off the bat but I would advise NOT buying any mods until you learn the community a bit. It's going to be completely daunting at first with a massive landscape of content. Some good, others maybe not so good. Just ask questions and we or other people will help you. For the most part the AC community is nice.

As far as rF2, Race Room, iceRenting. I'd probably wait for anything until after you get a feel for what you like. AMS2 might be expensive but these ones are super expensive when getting into DLC.

Have fun!

Welcome!
All of AMS2 is good as far as I'm concerned. So whatever you're interested in is a must get. They just had the summer sale but sales are here and there.

Also when on sale, AC is still a must get seeing how cheap it is. You'll want to get content manager, CSP and Pure/SOL right off the bat but I would advise NOT buying any mods until you learn the community a bit. It's going to be completely daunting at first with a massive landscape of content. Some good, others maybe not so good. Just ask questions and we or other people will help you. For the most part the AC community is nice.

As far as rF2, Race Room, iceRenting. I'd probably wait for anything until after you get a feel for what you like. AMS2 might be expensive but these ones are super expensive when getting into DLC.

Have fun!
I was planning on just waiting until AC2 next year but you're saying definitely go back and get original AC?

I think for the price of around 10 dollars give or take, another 5 for Content Manager, let's just say 20 dollars, AC has a multitude to offer you and endless uses. While I seriously can barely wait for AC2, it won't have the whole Shutoko Revival experience or touge stuff, just for one example. Driving with traffic cars. The absurd oddities that are put in AC for fun.
I can't speak for you but I can't see it being money wasted. Maybe a lot of time wasted though. lol

I think for the price of around 10 dollars give or take, another 5 for Content Manager, let's just say 20 dollars, AC has a multitude to offer you and endless uses. While I seriously can barely wait for AC2, it won't have the whole Shutoko Revival experience or touge stuff, just for one example. Driving with traffic cars. The absurd oddities that are put in AC for fun.
I can't speak for you but I can't see it being money wasted. Maybe a lot of time wasted though. lol
You're probably right. I can't open the Racerdepartment link until I get home from work but I was able to go to the Automobilista 2 website and look around. Lots of content to choose from. I did see an image just in general Google search of an Indy Car mod. I think for me that's a must have. But again it's probably one of many I'm going to consider "must haves".

Jezza819

Glad to hear one of my post sparked some conversation.

About to start my AMS2 session for the evening.

Currently believe that I have all the add ons that Rezia offers. Steam has good discounts about every two months. I would expect one in early September (labor day weekend for USA).

It might be good to just use in game offerings for awhile and not spoil yourself with mods. I did get AMS2 content manager from race department and thunderflash car mods a few weeks ago. The AMS2 content manager is really easy to use, just watch a video or two. The car mods I installed worked basically the first time. I have not used them a bunch, however when I have tried them seem pretty good.

Getting FOV, your in game brake settings and personal car brake settings to your liking would be some of the first things that I would recommend.

I was never a much of an open cockpit user in other games even in PC2. The formula cars in AMS2 are a pure delight.

I have AC, however just never been a big fan do to user interface. With content manager fairly easy to install mods. There are basically unlimited number of mod cars and tracks and that is why it is so popular.

I have PC2 and all add on content. Finding less and less of a need to even think of playing it.

There is another major update to AMS2 comming anytime now.

Again for those that might occasionally stop by this thread. If what you enjoy the most is actually racing or hot lapping. AMS2 is one of the best and what PC3 should have been.

I also enjoy American Trucker. Just wished that it had much wider selection of trucks. In addition needs more things to do or missions or something.

Happy Sim Racing....time to select the car and track.

Finished my AMS2 session with 15 lap race at Barcelona in Formula Retro. Qualified in 11th out of 20. Let's just say finished the race and did not take a DNF. Have very little seat time in that car. Good experience.

Last edited:
I got my PC today and it took me quite a long time tonight to get it set up. Once I did I got AMS2 and the season pass. It's a lot to take in at first but looking deeper at it there's not a lot of cars in certain classes. I guess that's where the mods come in to help fill out the classes.

I'm going to do some more exploring tomorrow and Sunday when I've got more time.

I got my PC today and it took me quite a long time tonight to get it set up. Once I did I got AMS2 and the season pass. It's a lot to take in at first but looking deeper at it there's not a lot of cars in certain classes. I guess that's where the mods come in to help fill out the classes.

I'm going to do some more exploring tomorrow and Sunday when I've got more time.
Nice, just a heads up though an update is coming as soon as today (final version seems to be in beta) which changes how every vehicle handles so I wouldn't get too invested until it's released.

Certain classes are a bit light. Group A, Vintage TC's to name a couple. Think of it as quality of experience and not quantity. You're not going to get the 30 car classes of GT7 or Forza but the experience you can have with even just a one make Ginetta G40 is a lot better.,

At some point in time, all the content of PC2 will be ported to AMS2. So that's something to look forward to on top of the work Reiza is doing which is nothing short of marvelous. They have made something that started with criticism to something that is in the top for some in their list of sims.

Certain classes are a bit light. Group A, Vintage TC's to name a couple. Think of it as quality of experience and not quantity. You're not going to get the 30 car classes of GT7 or Forza but the experience you can have with even just a one make Ginetta G40 is a lot better.,

At some point in time, all the content of PC2 will be ported to AMS2. So that's something to look forward to on top of the work Reiza is doing which is nothing short of marvelous. They have made something that started with criticism to something that is in the top for some in their list of sims.
Oh I think I've got plenty to keep me busy for a long time until some more cars come. The first race I did was a Porsche Carrera Cup around Long Beach just to get a feel for things. But later I just kept getting in various cars to turn practice laps. The old Ford V8 Champ Car around Road America was a lot of fun. Probably do a full race there today.

Some things I miss are knowing what lap times I'm turning, unless that's just something I haven't found where to turn it on. Also I do miss the chatter you got from the race engineer in PC2. But I really need to figure out which buttons on my wheel control what function. Because if I pause a session, hitting what was A on the old Xbox system to resume isn't that function on PC. A button is to exit to desktop. I race with gloves on and having to try and get to the mouse quickly to do something is a little tricky.
Nice, just a heads up though an update is coming as soon as today (final version seems to be in beta) which changes how every vehicle handles so I wouldn't get too invested until it's released.
I thought this 1.5 physics update from a few weeks ago was the big one everyone was looking for?

Not yet, only a few open wheel classes and the P1's got the update. Waiting like mad with these out of control delays. lol

There's a button to resume. It's in there. :P

Might want to look into Crew Chief. 3rd party race engineer and spotter.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Have fun!
I've tried to go get content manager from racedepartment but it won't let me past the warning to trun off ad blockers which I don't have any. Plus it wants to download something called Driver Support that has web security and a lot of other junk. Or do you have to become a premium member to get content manager?

Last edited:
Back